May 21, 2024, 02:01:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #178 1/14/11 - 1/27/11  (Read 159570 times)
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 09:46:44 AM »

So, hearing is at 2 pm, and no BeotchFace will be there?  I cannot wait.  I wonder if JP will tackle the please take away your big bad sanction motion today or not.

My hubby watches wrestling all the time and I get to hear smackdowns on the TeeVee, but these hearings are my smackdowns. 

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2011, 10:01:34 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-casey-anthony-statuts-20110114,0,3425210.story

Status conference today in Casey Anthony case

By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel
9:47 a.m. EST, January 14, 2011

A status conference in the Casey Anthony murder case is set for 2 p.m. today in front of Chief Judge Belvin Perry.

The proceeding will likely deal with logistical issues for the prosecution and defense going forward toward the scheduled May trial of Casey Anthony.

No motions are scheduled to be heard today, but that does not necessarily preclude the issue of the sanction against Anthony attorney Jose Baez from being heard during the proceeding.

Baez, the defense lawyer for murder suspect Casey Anthony, has paid a $583.73 penalty for failing to turn over witness information to state prosecutors, records show.

However, a letter written by co-counsel Cheney Mason and dated Wednesday asks Assistant State Attorney Jeff Ashton hold onto the check while Mason asks Perry to reconsider the punishment imposed against Baez.

Earlier this week, Mason filed a motion with the court seeking reversal of the penalty.

In his letter to Ashton, Mason writes, "As you recall when we talked, I think there is a good faith reason to not oppose the reconsideration, given the potential future impact of the contempt citation on Mr. Baez, his youth and relative experience in these matters."

Mason added, "I believe it would be the right thing to do, but that decision is certainly yours and, I guess, Lawson's [referring to State Attorney Lawson Lamar]."

Perry handed down the penalty last week after finding Baez in "willful" violation of his court order requiring the defense to provide specific information on the experts.

Ashton, who wanted the information to help him prepare for pre-trial questioning of witnesses, asked the court to impose sanctions after he grew frustrated with the lack of specific information turned over about the defense experts and their testimony.

Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie in 2008. The trial is scheduled for May. She faces the death penalty if convicted.

She is not expected to be in court today.

Win tickets to see West Side Story at the Bob Carr Performing Arts Centre

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 10:02:50 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-casey-anthony-statuts-20110114,0,3425210.story

Status conference today in Casey Anthony case

By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel
9:47 a.m. EST, January 14, 2011

A status conference in the Casey Anthony murder case is set for 2 p.m. today in front of Chief Judge Belvin Perry.

The proceeding will likely deal with logistical issues for the prosecution and defense going forward toward the scheduled May trial of Casey Anthony.

No motions are scheduled to be heard today, but that does not necessarily preclude the issue of the sanction against Anthony attorney Jose Baez from being heard during the proceeding.

Baez, the defense lawyer for murder suspect Casey Anthony, has paid a $583.73 penalty for failing to turn over witness information to state prosecutors, records show.

However, a letter written by co-counsel Cheney Mason and dated Wednesday asks Assistant State Attorney Jeff Ashton hold onto the check while Mason asks Perry to reconsider the punishment imposed against Baez.

Earlier this week, Mason filed a motion with the court seeking reversal of the penalty.

In his letter to Ashton, Mason writes, "As you recall when we talked, I think there is a good faith reason to not oppose the reconsideration, given the potential future impact of the contempt citation on Mr. Baez, his youth and relative experience in these matters."

Mason added, "I believe it would be the right thing to do, but that decision is certainly yours and, I guess, Lawson's [referring to State Attorney Lawson Lamar]."

Perry handed down the penalty last week after finding Baez in "willful" violation of his court order requiring the defense to provide specific information on the experts.

Ashton, who wanted the information to help him prepare for pre-trial questioning of witnesses, asked the court to impose sanctions after he grew frustrated with the lack of specific information turned over about the defense experts and their testimony.

Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie in 2008. The trial is scheduled for May. She faces the death penalty if convicted.

She is not expected to be in court today.

Win tickets to see West Side Story at the Bob Carr Performing Arts Centre

Self edit

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2011, 10:03:43 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/pdf/26492669/detail.html

Letter from Mason to J. Ashton telling him to hold the check and not cash it "pending" the final resolution. HAHA

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2011, 10:13:06 AM »

Letter from Mason to J. Ashton telling him to hold the check and not cash it "pending" the final resolution. HAHA

I suwanee, you cannot make this stuff up.  They remind me of the old silent movie comedians that poke each other in the eye, is it Moe, Larry and Curly?   I guess Skanky is Curly and take your pick for Moe and Larry. 

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 10:20:49 AM »

I suwanee, you cannot make this stuff up.  They remind me of the old silent movie comedians that poke each other in the eye, is it Moe, Larry and Curly?   I guess Skanky is Curly and take your pick for Moe and Larry. 

Uhm, I object to the Curly reference, Zoo, lol!
My mom fell and cracked her head. She's now got 13 staples, so I'll be there with no wifi connection.
Not ure if I can watch on my phone.
I'm sure they'll have this online later (I hope).
It'll be interesting to see if Sindy shows now that Skank won't grace us with her presence.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 10:25:24 AM »

Uhm, I object to the Curly reference, Zoo, lol!
My mom fell and cracked her head. She's now got 13 staples, so I'll be there with no wifi connection.
Not ure if I can watch on my phone.
I'm sure they'll have this online later (I hope).
It'll be interesting to see if Sindy shows now that Skank won't grace us with her presence.

LOL, sorry Curly.  We can change Skanky's name to just plain old Skanky, so it will be Larry, Moe and Skanky. 

Hope your mom starts feeling better soon.  You need to get her a wifi connection in the event this or something similar happens. What if this happens during the trial, what trauma. 

I am sure it will be posted online somewhere and that one or more of the monkeys will post it for us. 

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 10:52:14 AM »

So, hearing is at 2 pm, and no BeotchFace will be there?  I cannot wait.  I wonder if JP will tackle the please take away your big bad sanction motion today or not.

My hubby watches wrestling all the time and I get to hear smackdowns on the TeeVee, but these hearings are my smackdowns. 

My guess is the judge won't hear the motion for Bozo today. Mason may try to bring it in, but I am guessing the judge will set it for another date. He seems to stick closely to his schedule and I doubt he will let Bozo take control of the court again.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2011, 10:58:33 AM »

Ugg, I stayed up too late last night and am just having my first cup of coffee.

Curley, I hope you mom is doing better today.
If she has cable tv you can watch the hearing on CourTv, but you'll have to put up with the commercials at the exact wrong time.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2011, 10:59:53 AM »

I am bringing this over from the other thread because some seem to think that Mason wrote that letter and is trying to get the contempt sanctions removed is because he is trying to keep Bozo out of trouble with the Bar. That is not exactly the case if my brother is correct. He always prefaces what he says with "I do not practice in that state but in this state this rule applies"...............

I asked my brother about this hearing to get the judge to rescind his contempt and sanctions order & he said he would assume the reason that Mason was trying to get it removed is because if ONE attorney in a defense team is cited it goes on all their records. It does not just go on Bozo's but also on Mason's because he knew what the order was and did not provide what the court ordered himself if not complied with by the other attorney. Even if Bozo is fined, Mason would also be responsible because as co-counsel if Bozo would not provide it then he had make Bozo comply or do it himself as the order as he read it was NOT just to Bozo but to the defense, period !!

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2011, 11:02:39 AM »

It is beyond my comprehension that mason would want Ashton to hold onto the check.  The check is not payable to Ashton.  The check is in payment of a court Order.  To withhold the check would have Ashton in contempt of court . . . or am I wrong?  With the payment comes the satisfaction of the Order, case closed, except now there is a Motion for Reconsideration.  I think they have to deposit that check.  Found it karma-like that Bozo's check is written on an account with Bank of America, the Anthony's favorite lender.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2011, 11:19:22 AM »

It is beyond my comprehension that mason would want Ashton to hold onto the check.  The check is not payable to Ashton.  The check is in payment of a court Order.  To withhold the check would have Ashton in contempt of court . . . or am I wrong?  With the payment comes the satisfaction of the Order, case closed, except now there is a Motion for Reconsideration.  I think they have to deposit that check.  Found it karma-like that Bozo's check is written on an account with Bank of America, the Anthony's favorite lender.

I don't believe for a minute that Ashton said he would consider anything to do with that contempt sanction order check. That check belongs to the taxpayers of the state of Florida not Ashton and he is not stupid. I believe that BS letter was to try to influence the judge and that is totally insane considering the man has run that court on the "rule of law" since the first day he took over this case.  I don't believe the judge will say anything (although he probably does while beating his head against the wall in his chambers) but most likely just deny the motion and go on.

Something that is interesting to me is they STILL have not complied with all the court ordered. Is this motion to try to jerk around the judge so he won't notice that? (Not going to work Bozo) All that blah, blah blah, is not going to take the place of the documentation the court ordered, period.

seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2011, 11:26:39 AM »

I am bringing this over from the other thread because some seem to think that Mason wrote that letter and is trying to get the contempt sanctions removed is because he is trying to keep Bozo out of trouble with the Bar. That is not exactly the case if my brother is correct. He always prefaces what he says with "I do not practice in that state but in this state this rule applies"...............

I asked my brother about this hearing to get the judge to rescind his contempt and sanctions order & he said he would assume the reason that Mason was trying to get it removed is because if ONE attorney in a defense team is cited it goes on all their records. It does not just go on Bozo's but also on Mason's because he knew what the order was and did not provide what the court ordered himself if not complied with by the other attorney. Even if Bozo is fined, Mason would also be responsible because as co-counsel if Bozo would not provide it then he had make Bozo comply or do it himself as the order as he read it was NOT just to Bozo but to the defense, period !!

I'm no legal eagle, but I would agree.
Mason IS the death penalty attorney (1st chair) as Bozo is NOT DP qualified.
I think I posted yesterday that I would think sanctions on wanna-be DP Bozo's record would disqualify him. JMO

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2011, 11:27:08 AM »

That would make sense when you look at the last court appearance.  Mason tells JP he has NEVER been sactioned and JP responded somethign like "yet".  I will have to go back and watch the last court video to catch the wording
Rowanvamp0
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2011, 12:31:27 PM »

Here he is!

Thanks jiust what I needed..Had my two cups of Iced Coffee limit otherwise I'd be up all night..hope this will do no telling what Bozo will be whining about on the other hand it could be Mason arguing there since he did write the note to Ashton.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2011, 12:36:39 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/01/casey-anthony-what-are-the-defense-attorneys-up-to.html
Casey Anthony: What are the defense attorneys up to?
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Jose Baez, WESH — posted by halboedeker on January, 13 2011 6:54 PM

Tonight’s WESH-Channel 2 report on the Casey Anthony case certainly raised a few questions about the defense team.

WESH’s indefatigable Bob Kealing reported that defense attorney Cheney Mason sent a letter along with Jose Baez’s $583 check for a court fine. In the letter to prosecutor Jeff Ashton, Mason talked about Baez’s youth and experience level. Mason also asked prosecutors to consider not cashing the check.

Kealing said Mason is trying persuade Ashton not to oppose a defense motion asking Chief Judge Belvin Perry to reconsider Baez’s fine for willful violation of the judge’s order.

Which made me made wonder:

1. Are Baez and Mason talking to each other?

2. Did Baez give Mason the blessing to send the letter?

3. Does Baez have enough money in the bank to cover the check?

4. Why did Mason put these thoughts in writing — which are now in the public record?

5. Why would Mason call attention to Baez’s youth and experience?

This latest move is bringing even more attention to the defense team’s methods. How does that help Casey Anthony? And shouldn’t her defense be the attorneys’ main focus? She is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.
The defense attorneys sound like children who won’t take any criticism. In the WESH report, veteran attorney Jeff Deen seemed exasperated with the defense team. “This is starting to wear down everybody,” Deen said.

All they are doing is attempting to elicit sympathy & using inexperience as the reason why Bozo has no filter....when pigs fly, nope he is experienced enough to know the Code of Ethics, rules of the court & procedure.    What Mason is not considering is Bozo has already had early brushes with the bar when he was even applying much less as he was finally allowed to practice, I anticipate it will bite them both in the rear eventually, HARD.

Is Mason setting up for ineffective counsel, maybe, but it wont fly since he's in place as a seasoned defense attorney.  He's also taken on another case when he is on the record saying this case may be what he retires on.  I'm pretty sure the statement was made after a court hearing, probably when he first came on after contradicting himself again on the record in an article where he felt Casey would be convicted...if he thinks these things are going to delay this trial he's sorely mistaken.   As I see it, they might be in jeopardy to continue as her counsel in lead but if there is an adjustment to be made it will occur well before trial to give another attorney enough time to catch up to speed & IMHO that delay would be a month or so at best.   These attorneys have had over 2 years to get their ducks in a row.

I think they are both very worried that the bar is ready to pounce all over them & probably will by the time this trial is determined.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2011, 12:54:18 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/01/casey-anthony-what-are-the-defense-attorneys-up-to.html
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Jose Baez, WESH — posted by halboedeker on January, 13 2011 6:54 PM

Tonight’s WESH-Channel 2 report on the Casey Anthony case certainly raised a few questions about the defense team.

WESH’s indefatigable Bob Kealing reported that defense attorney Cheney Mason sent a letter along with Jose Baez’s $583 check for a court fine. In the letter to prosecutor Jeff Ashton, Mason talked about Baez’s youth and experience level. Mason also asked prosecutors to consider not cashing the check.

Kealing said Mason is trying persuade Ashton not to oppose a defense motion asking Chief Judge Belvin Perry to reconsider Baez’s fine for willful violation of the judge’s order.

4. Why did Mason put these thoughts in writing — which are now in the public record?

This latest move is bringing even more attention to the defense team’s methods. How does that help Casey Anthony? And shouldn’t her defense be the attorneys’ main focus? She is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.
The defense attorneys sound like children who won’t take any criticism. In the WESH report, veteran attorney Jeff Deen seemed exasperated with the defense team. “This is starting to wear down everybody,” Deen said.

All they are doing is attempting to elicit sympathy & using inexperience as the reason why Bozo has no filter....when pigs fly, nope he is experienced enough to know the Code of Ethics, rules of the court & procedure.    What Mason is not considering is Bozo has already had early brushes with the bar when he was even applying much less as he was finally allowed to practice, I anticipate it will bite them both in the rear eventually, HARD.

Is Mason setting up for ineffective counsel, maybe, but it wont fly since he's in place as a seasoned defense attorney.  He's also taken on another case when he is on the record saying this case may be what he retires on.  I'm pretty sure the statement was made after a court hearing, probably when he first came on after contradicting himself again on the record in an article where he felt Casey would be convicted...if he thinks these things are going to delay this trial he's sorely mistaken.   As I see it, they might be in jeopardy to continue as her counsel in lead but if there is an adjustment to be made it will occur well before trial to give another attorney enough time to catch up to speed & IMHO that delay would be a month or so at best.   These attorneys have had over 2 years to get their ducks in a row.

I think they are both very worried that the bar is ready to pounce all over them & probably will by the time this trial is determined.
IIRC, Mason said he and Casey would walk arm-in-arm out of the court house and then he would retire (my words, not quote).  IMO, unless he is escorting her back to her cell, they won't walk arm-in-arm anywhere.
I still believe His Honor's warning about civil attorneys looking to make money by getting funds back from attorneys who misuse JAC funds was very telling.  I don't think Judge Perry says anything that doesn't have meaning and or consequences.  He doesn't just talk to hear himself speak.  Baez is in trouble and he knows it, Mason is in trouble by association at least, and he knows it.

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2011, 12:58:13 PM »

Here he is!

Thanks jiust what I needed..Had my two cups of Iced Coffee limit otherwise I'd be up all night..hope this will do no telling what Bozo will be whining about on the other hand it could be Mason arguing there since he did write the note to Ashton.

Pleasereach thru the monitor and hand  me one of those. I will need it for   2day:)

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2011, 12:59:25 PM »

Here he is!

Pleasereach thru the monitor and hand  me one of those. I will need it for   2day:)

I  have a doctors appt so I will miss it!!

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2011, 01:01:13 PM »

lol not lots of luck even if they need it badly 2day. The bar and judge may just retire them both. one can dream but it would mean longer wait for the gal with the nasty junk in her trunk!! 

Loca
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.