May 21, 2024, 10:31:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #496 7/16 - 7/18/2006  (Read 136271 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #660 on: July 18, 2006, 11:28:27 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Quote from: "Anna"
A lot of people on this forum are using dial-up modems.  They download very slowly and while it is one thing to say just scroll on past an O/T subject in which one has no interest, can someone please tell me how to avoid having to sit and download it?

I have a LAN connection but it is still much slower than the high-speed ones and is the only connection option available to me.  I understand that some people think they are entitled to post anything that runs through their mind, I resent having to download it.  I don't like for my time to be wasted downloading something to scroll past later when I could use it for something more constructive.

Five and six pages with no mention of Natalee is not a forum about her disappearance but some sort of social discussion.  I don't understand why normally intelligent people cannot determine what is on topic and what is off for they do it on other forums as we have seen.  

As for posting something in the lounge and not getting a response for days, I would think one could assume from that there is not much interest in it.  When there is a topic of interest posted there then many replies are given in a prompt manner.  

And as for saying when there is news all the O/T stops, that is just pure BS as we saw Saturday when Dana was on the forum but has also happened many times in the past.  The large number of readers has been used as just a larger audience for those seeking to take discussions off the specified topic and onto whatever else they are using at the moment as a diversion or whatever it is they are doing.  They may get fewer responses but nonetheless it has never deterred those who are inclined to do so.

It's not my forum but I don't have any problem at all respecting the intent of the forum just as is required anywhere.  I don't understand why the same people who can stay on topic elsewhere resent showing SM the same respect.

But as I said, it is not my forum and not associated with my blog but I don't have the time to waste looking for the posts that are on topic.  No one is saying what someone has to say is not important, only that there is a proper place for saying it.  And the cross talking does not increase but rather decreases the number of people reading so let's not delude ourselves that it is in some way interesting to strangers who might be looking for information about Natalee.  They do not come here in search of our banal chatter at all.

I don't think this discussion should even be necessary as we are all supposed to be adults and capable of discerning on topic from off but then I also do not have the time to waste sorting it all out for I think it could be better spent on more constructive things than downloading and sorting through distractions, deliberate or otherwise.  Just my opinion but I do think a little consideration for those with slower connections might be in order.  And this is all my time for today. . . . . . Have a nice day, all Monkeys.

So, you decide what is important and the rest of us watch.  Right?

Not any more than you do.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #661 on: July 18, 2006, 11:28:52 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
I DON'T GET IT??  ALL I'M ASKING IS FOR ADULTS TO BE CONSIDERATE AND COMPROMISE.  I DON'T ASK ALOT AND I DON'T SEE THE BIG DEAL.  MAYBE I HAVE A LITTLE "THICKER" SKIN THAN SOME.  I DON'T SEE HOW MY REQUEST TO TRY TO STAY ON TOPIC IN THIS THREAD IS AN ISSUE AT ALL.  IF YOU ALL REMEMBER, THERE WAS A TIME THAT THE THREAD WOULD LOCK UNTIL EVERYONE GOT BACK ON TOPIC.

WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL NOW WHEN I'M ONLY ASKING PEOPLE TO TRY??

What happened that started all of this back-and-forth about the OT stuff?  I wasn't here most of yesterday, so must have missed something  Confused  
This is reminding me of the old days way back last summer......NOT meaning anything about you, Klass Cool ..... just don't get where this tension has begun....

Can you please explain?  Surprised
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #662 on: July 18, 2006, 11:33:43 AM »

[.

So, you decide what is important and the rest of us watch.  Right?[/quote]

This is a forum about Natalee.  I don't decide what is anything and you know it.  It is not a forum about what is important in general but only as it relates to the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

But, no Easy, it seems YOU are the one who decides and not only decides, takes action.

I am not rude enough to come here to SM to fight with you and so will just leave.  That's what you want anyway, isn't it, all us old on-topic people gone so it can become the Easy Forum?  

Have at it!  I am out of here.
 Twisted Evil

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #663 on: July 18, 2006, 11:34:18 AM »

I will give you nothing!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #664 on: July 18, 2006, 11:34:37 AM »

Quote from: "tcumom"
I DON'T GET IT??  ALL I'M ASKING IS FOR ADULTS TO BE CONSIDERATE AND COMPROMISE.  I DON'T ASK ALOT AND I DON'T SEE THE BIG DEAL.  MAYBE I HAVE A LITTLE "THICKER" SKIN THAN SOME.  I DON'T SEE HOW MY REQUEST TO TRY TO STAY ON TOPIC IN THIS THREAD IS AN ISSUE AT ALL.  IF YOU ALL REMEMBER, THERE WAS A TIME THAT THE THREAD WOULD LOCK UNTIL EVERYONE GOT BACK ON TOPIC.

WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL NOW WHEN I'M ONLY ASKING PEOPLE TO TRY??

What happened that started all of this back-and-forth about the OT stuff?  I wasn't here most of yesterday, so must have missed something  Confused  
This is reminding me of the old days way back last summer......NOT meaning anything about you, Klass Cool ..... just don't get where this tension has begun....

Can you please explain?  Surprised

The problem is hardly any news in the case and 14 months of frustration.    When we do have news many are frustrated with the amount of Off Topic conversation.  This is not the only place one can post at SM.  We are not limiting the number of new threads people can create.  We are simply asking for people to TRY to stay on topic if at all possible but especially when we have a guest like Dana attempting to converse with us.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #665 on: July 18, 2006, 11:34:49 AM »

I think everyone needs a break right now with all this tension.

Me Included....

C ya later.

Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #666 on: July 18, 2006, 11:36:32 AM »

That previous post was a little too much!  
In fact, it pissed me off and I reached my limit.  That was a mistake on your part.  I once promoted your credibility and now that is yesterday.
You people have hurt my feelings one too many times, now I bite back!

Just stop your hissy fit!  Other people, including me, have had their feelings hurt by posters on this board but you ... LET IT GO!  The subject is Natalee Holloway!

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #667 on: July 18, 2006, 11:41:48 AM »

To Easy and all,

What part about just trying to be respectful of the forum is so much to ask?

This is not pointed at you only, It means everyone. Moderation is the key. Thats all we have ever asked.

However, this is not a public forum. That is also not a hard to understand either.

No one ever said people will be banned if you post off topic ... just use judgement. Thats all we have ever asked.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #668 on: July 18, 2006, 11:41:59 AM »

That previous post was a little too much!  

In fact, it pissed me off and I reached my limit.  That was a mistake on your part.  I once promoted your credibility and now that is yesterday.

You people have hurt my feelings one too many times, now I bite back!

Easy.....I think you have misread what was written....no one blamed YOU ....and that was pointed out....we are all guilty....and as Klass said a reasonable amount of O/T is to be accepted......we are human and we are all connected....no one has diminished your medical problems...or that of anyone here.....

Threats such as this are below you.....and I hope it's just your inner child lashing out....

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #669 on: July 18, 2006, 11:42:52 AM »

Pardon me Red and Mrs Red, but you just alienated a friend.  Bye Bye and watch my ass as it leaves!

Easywriter - Nobody is picking on you here.  We are just trying to find a mid point that will keep everyone happy.  For every person that enjoys alot of off topic there is one who doesn't like it.  Just trying to find a happy medium.  That's very hard to do when there is little to no news in the case.  

Please do not take it personal.  I DO NOT expect that there will be NO off topic.  We just want to try to have less.  Is that too much to ask?

Is it too much to ask?

Yes!

Easy how so????

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #670 on: July 18, 2006, 11:43:10 AM »

Red should shut this place down for a few days before it becomes even more of an embarrassment.

This is disgusting.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #671 on: July 18, 2006, 11:43:45 AM »

Front page Post:

Misery Index Continues in Aruba as Tourism Numbers Fall for Feb & March 2006

http://tinyurl.com/nwaem

Aruba has hit the misery index trifecta for February and March 2006 … tourism down, occupancy down, inflation up. How long will the powers that be allow this to continue … or should I say afford this to continue.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #672 on: July 18, 2006, 11:44:18 AM »

This will be my final post on the Easy/Sock Monkey Forum.  It is a website where the not at all crazy Ed Smith is posting to the blog owner Xavier where there are placards stating Natalee is alive and well and dancing in Brasil and Venezuela.

The email address is for THE ED SMITH so it is the same one as with the Chicago Videos.  Note he does not dispute that Natalee might well be in another country.  He does not sound like one in possession of a "recovery video" at all and since the blog owner is from Aruba refers her to the vidoes as though they are normal sight-seeing videos.

I would think a person who witnessed the recovery of a body might at least sort of hint that it took place.  It is all in Papiamento until at the end where he reveals his name.  You can access the website by clicking on the girl's name.  Yes, some of us are still looking.. . . . . . . . .and I sent it to Red some time ago.. . . . . . . . .

Gister en vandaag gingen F16 zo vaak over mijn kop.... dat de show echt saai werdt ........maar kom mensen lets be real........Als je iets in het water gooit waar ze laatst gesignaleerd is (daar waar lang geleden toen ik nog op colegio zat ik vanuit visage met iemand was megelopen die daar kamperde .....ring any bellllssss ????? ) dan drijf je zo snel en ver af dat je in een paar uur in shark-infested water drijft dus ik denk niet dat meer dan een paar drugsplantages en coca/heroine containers gevonden zullen worden.........als ze dat al niet in eerste instantie zochten...........
Of het is puur show want Natalies vader en stiefvader hebben betere conections met GEORGE BUSH dan nederland en aruba samen.................
P.S. chex out http://www.aru-bay.com for video clips from aruba..........
Maybe we will sell shirts with your own face on it ( ha ha ha ha )But seriously on a totaly diffrent subject.....Xaviera do you still sing ??????

Posted by bulla bentana pa bay visage at 07/07/05 05:33:09

hmmm wie ben jij dan? Nu ben ik nieuwsgierig!

Ik zing nog steeds wel...in een salsaband tegenwoordig!

But tell me..who is you???

Visage: the good old days!

X.

Posted by Xaviera at 07/07/05 09:39:56

salsa ???????
Jesus..................
What happened to the gettoboys and such ??????
Maybe I best stay anonimus...............

Posted by bulla bentana pa bay visage at 07/07/05 15:44:36

how boring to stay anonymous! But still listen to the ghetto boys...just don't sing 'm

Posted by Xaviera at 07/07/05 15:46:53

If you mail me @ dsp360420@hotmail.com I'll be more inclinded to blow my cover .........I'm very shy you know.......WEGA DEN WEGA bo mes sa Asina nos gusta.......

Posted by bulla bentana pa bay visage at 07/08/05 18:50:16

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #673 on: July 18, 2006, 11:48:55 AM »

Quote from: "Red"
Front page Post:

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2006/07/18/misery-index-continues-in-aruba-as-tourism-numbers-fall-for-feb-march-2006/

Aruba has hit the misery index trifecta for February and March 2006 … tourism down, occupancy down, inflation up. How long will the powers that be allow this to continue … or should I say afford this to continue.

Very informative Red...thanks for another super front page.....Aruba is certainly feeling the impact of the decline in tourism.....

The inflation in May 2006 was 4.1 percent higher than in May of 2005.  The yearly inflation of Aruba is 0.2 percent higher than that of the United States

Rest in Peace Caylee

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #674 on: July 18, 2006, 11:49:46 AM »

Front page Post:

I wonder how they'll explain this away.  Seems as though the Arubans in the forums always have an answer to explain it all away  Wink
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #675 on: July 18, 2006, 11:51:46 AM »

[

So, you decide what is important and the rest of us watch.  Right?[/quote]

No, Easy,
You seem to think this is YOUR job and I wouldn't dream of interfering.  I am sure everyone will be just delighted with your choice of subject matter.  When I signed on here, I had the silly idea it was about Natalee and not about you.

My bad!!  I understand now but just don't care to participate under YOUR rules.  I liked things better when it was as designed to be and I have NEVER made any attempt to monopolize anything, unlike you.  Good luck with your endeavor but just count me out.

Have a nice day!

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #676 on: July 18, 2006, 11:52:10 AM »

Quote from: "blah"
Red should shut this place down for a few days before it becomes even more of an embarrassment.

This is disgusting.

Blah - I don't consider it so much disgusting as it is childish.  The board will not be  shutting down because a few children want to cause trouble.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #677 on: July 18, 2006, 11:56:03 AM »

Front page Post:

Would love to know the figures for April & May, wouldn't you? It's only going to get worse.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #678 on: July 18, 2006, 11:59:33 AM »

Quote from: "Ono"
Front page Post:

Would love to know the figures for April & May, wouldn't you? It's only going to get worse.

So would I. Wait until the June and after starts occurring. They will decline again as the tourism #'s were skewed by the fact that the media and searchers were traveling to Aruba and taking up rooms for months at a time.

Free fall is a terrible thing. One never knows where the bottom is.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #679 on: July 18, 2006, 11:59:36 AM »

Front page Post:

Great FP Red... IMO, it may take a while longer for it to trickle down, but it will.  I wish they'd open their eyes and realize this is NOT going away.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.