May 01, 2024, 09:06:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, Missing 6/16/08 Orlando FL (Remains Found) #85  (Read 325090 times)
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1140 on: January 04, 2009, 02:21:57 AM »

Hi Bearly!! 

Hope you are behaving yourself!!   
Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1141 on: January 04, 2009, 02:22:15 AM »

Just some general thoughts on the family dynamics in the Anthony family, my thoughts from the personal experience of my own family.  I see similarities between my family and the Anthonys.

In my own family, my sister (I'll call her Sarah) got pregnant when she was 17 and unmarried.  My parents gave her the choice of adopting the baby out or keeping the baby.  I don't know why, but Sarah kept the baby even though she still liked to party.  She would stay out all night and my parents would try to put their foot down but Sarah's behavior didn't change.  For the welfare of her daughter ("Sue"), my parents became the primary caretakers of the child. 

My parents were totally in love with "Sue".  While my parents felt that they failed Sarah (they were really ashamed of her sexual promiscuity, laziness, selfishness and dishonesty), they grew to love Sarah and dote on her.  It's almost as if they were making up for where they (felt they) went wrong with my sister.  I would say they even put "Sue" on a pedestal.

Sarah felt judged and trapped because of the pregnancy, and she was very jealous of the attention that Sue got.  (My sister, like Casey, was very self absorbed and a pathological lier.)

My sister passed away a few years ago . . . and although there was no physical violence between Sarah and her daughter, there was a lot of psychological abuse and emotional neglect.  They had not talked for 20 years before her death.  They never ever bonded, never had a mother/daughter relationship.

For a long time my parents had me convinced that my sister was a bad person because she got pregnant.  I now have empathy for my sister because I guess she was trapped into acting like she was someone she wasn't (she wasn't ready to be a parent).  However, I also realize that my sister was narcisstic and was quick to justify her selfish and dishonest behavior because she felt judged or trapped.

The biggest problem with Sarah was her lies.  Her behavior dominated the family.  The rest of us in the family (me included) enabled her behavior because she was downright scary when confronted or it just fell on deaf ears.

Of course I feel like Sarah is like Casey and Sue is like Caylee.  I identify with the dysfunction that affected the family and the way that for the most part no one confronted my sister or Casey.

I think Cindy put all her energies into Caylee and made her the center of her world and Casey resented it.  Where she may have gone wrong with Casey, she was making it all good with Caylee.

I am not excusing Casey's behavior.  If my sister was alive today, I would take her by the shoulders and shake her and try to get her to see the light so to speak.  But I know she would just do as she always did, tell bold faced impossible to believe lies and never hold herself accountable for her behavior.

I am at peace with my family dynamics (therefore, I am not telling you this for any kind of sympathy).  Understanding that many families have problems and being honest about my past has really contributed to my healing.  It is also helped that I have had a spiritual awakening through a 12 step recovery program.

By the way, no one would guess we were such a dysfunctional family . . . a lot of energy was spend on appearing to be normal!

Karen

Thanks for posting this. You and I have a lot in common.  The problem with someone like Casey, IMO, isn't the promiscuity or the pregnancy, it's the irresponsibility and the lying, and the refusal to ever see anything from another person's POV. I think you're right about trying to "make it all good" with Caylee.  It's a very common family dynamic. About 1 in every 4 families has this kind of thing going on.

mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1142 on: January 04, 2009, 02:24:47 AM »

Hi mt!  Have you heard how MM's grbabies are doing?
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1143 on: January 04, 2009, 02:27:47 AM »

Hi Mammy,

How have you been?  I see her up there?  Maybe she would like to tell you??
da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1144 on: January 04, 2009, 02:29:23 AM »

Just some general thoughts on the family dynamics in the Anthony family, my thoughts from the personal experience of my own family.  I see similarities between my family and the Anthonys.

In my own family, my sister (I'll call her Sarah) got pregnant when she was 17 and unmarried.  My parents gave her the choice of adopting the baby out or keeping the baby.  I don't know why, but Sarah kept the baby even though she still liked to party.  She would stay out all night and my parents would try to put their foot down but Sarah's behavior didn't change.  For the welfare of her daughter ("Sue"), my parents became the primary caretakers of the child. 

My parents were totally in love with "Sue".  While my parents felt that they failed Sarah (they were really ashamed of her sexual promiscuity, laziness, selfishness and dishonesty), they grew to love Sarah and dote on her.  It's almost as if they were making up for where they (felt they) went wrong with my sister.  I would say they even put "Sue" on a pedestal.

Sarah felt judged and trapped because of the pregnancy, and she was very jealous of the attention that Sue got.  (My sister, like Casey, was very self absorbed and a pathological lier.)

My sister passed away a few years ago . . . and although there was no physical violence between Sarah and her daughter, there was a lot of psychological abuse and emotional neglect.  They had not talked for 20 years before her death.  They never ever bonded, never had a mother/daughter relationship.

For a long time my parents had me convinced that my sister was a bad person because she got pregnant.  I now have empathy for my sister because I guess she was trapped into acting like she was someone she wasn't (she wasn't ready to be a parent).  However, I also realize that my sister was narcisstic and was quick to justify her selfish and dishonest behavior because she felt judged or trapped.

The biggest problem with Sarah was her lies.  Her behavior dominated the family.  The rest of us in the family (me included) enabled her behavior because she was downright scary when confronted or it just fell on deaf ears.

Of course I feel like Sarah is like Casey and Sue is like Caylee.  I identify with the dysfunction that affected the family and the way that for the most part no one confronted my sister or Casey.

I think Cindy put all her energies into Caylee and made her the center of her world and Casey resented it.  Where she may have gone wrong with Casey, she was making it all good with Caylee.

I am not excusing Casey's behavior.  If my sister was alive today, I would take her by the shoulders and shake her and try to get her to see the light so to speak.  But I know she would just do as she always did, tell bold faced impossible to believe lies and never hold herself accountable for her behavior.

I am at peace with my family dynamics (therefore, I am not telling you this for any kind of sympathy).  Understanding that many families have problems and being honest about my past has really contributed to my healing.  It is also helped that I have had a spiritual awakening through a 12 step recovery program.

By the way, no one would guess we were such a dysfunctional family . . . a lot of energy was spend on appearing to be normal!

Karen

Thanks for posting this. You and I have a lot in common.  The problem with someone like Casey, IMO, isn't the promiscuity or the pregnancy, it's the irresponsibility and the lying, and the refusal to ever see anything from another person's POV. I think you're right about trying to "make it all good" with Caylee.  It's a very common family dynamic. About 1 in every 4 families has this kind of thing going on.

Yes, I'm not much of a writer and wish I could have gotten that point across.  You said it so well.

What day is it?  How long have I been here?
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1145 on: January 04, 2009, 02:30:39 AM »

Hi Mammy

I have been lurking for awhile, but saw your post.   The baby boy is not doing so well but we are praying for him.  The premature baby girl is doing better.  Not easy to talk about.  But thanks for asking. 
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1146 on: January 04, 2009, 02:30:53 AM »

Hi Mammy,

Good ty. Sorry, didn't see mm.

What do you think of Lee moving in with G & C?  It makes me wonder if he is still employed.
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1147 on: January 04, 2009, 02:31:57 AM »

Hi Mammy

I have been lurking for awhile, but saw your post.   The baby boy is not doing so well but we are praying for him.  The premature baby girl is doing better.  Not easy to talk about.  But thanks for asking. 

ss  I will keep praying.
Kimber
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1148 on: January 04, 2009, 02:32:49 AM »

OK being serious here, what, in reality, could CA, Ga and LA have done to obstruct justice? What FACTS do we have for real or reasonable? I know they are dumb asses but I don't want that added to the list. I just want to figure out what charges LE could possibly levee against them.

I have:

CA: Washing pants, knife from KC's car
LA: Possibly using funds from anything established to find Caylee for his own means.
GA: Possibly cleaning out the trunk of the car

Does it matter if cindy downright lies to LE?  Does that count for anything Boo?

Yes, that counts since it is currently several of the charges that her daughter is facing!

More:
CA: giving the wrong hairbrush to LE on purpose. Giving the wrong dates about when she last saw Caylee.

GA: the lies about chasing Casey in the car, the pool ladder, lying about the dates. Possibly cleaning the car, probably putting in those paving stones in the yard.

I don't think misappropriating funds comes under the heading of obstructing justice. I think it's just misappropriation of funds.

Don't forget about not handing over the JC Penney receipts.
da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1149 on: January 04, 2009, 02:33:48 AM »

Hi Mammy

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hugs and prayers for you Marymary!

marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1150 on: January 04, 2009, 02:35:07 AM »

Hi Mammy,

What do you think of Lee moving in with G & C?  It makes me wonder if he is still employed.

Not sure if it applys here, but don't criminals often return to the scene of the crime?
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1151 on: January 04, 2009, 02:35:53 AM »

Hi Mammy

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hugs and prayers for you Marymary!

Thank you Sparks appreciate it.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1152 on: January 04, 2009, 02:36:19 AM »

Hi Mammy,

I would be homeless before I moved in there.  But I think it is absolutely where he belongs!!  Now LE has to make only one stop, I hope!   
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1153 on: January 04, 2009, 02:36:30 AM »

OK being serious here, what, in reality, could CA, Ga and LA have done to obstruct justice? What FACTS do we have for real or reasonable? I know they are dumb asses but I don't want that added to the list. I just want to figure out what charges LE could possibly levee against them.

I have:

CA: Washing pants, knife from KC's car
LA: Possibly using funds from anything established to find Caylee for his own means.
GA: Possibly cleaning out the trunk of the car

Does it matter if cindy downright lies to LE?  Does that count for anything Boo?

Yes, that counts since it is currently several of the charges that her daughter is facing!

More:
CA: giving the wrong hairbrush to LE on purpose. Giving the wrong dates about when she last saw Caylee.

GA: the lies about chasing Casey in the car, the pool ladder, lying about the dates. Possibly cleaning the car, probably putting in those paving stones in the yard.

I don't think misappropriating funds comes under the heading of obstructing justice. I think it's just misappropriation of funds.

Don't forget about not handing over the JC Penney receipts.

If LE wanted those receipts, they would have obtained a warrant.  I'm not sure, but those probably come under the A's personal property since it was their credit card.
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1154 on: January 04, 2009, 02:37:34 AM »

Hi Mammy,

I would be homeless before I moved in there.  But I think it is absolutely where he belongs!!  Now LE has to make only one stop, I hope!   

That would be nice to see LE take them all at the same time!
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1155 on: January 04, 2009, 02:37:38 AM »

MM, hugs and prayers for you. When you are ready to talk about it, many (including myself) are ready to listen.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1156 on: January 04, 2009, 02:38:32 AM »

Hi Mammy,

Sort of like the convenience of 12 item or less register at the store.  But in this case, it will be 3.

marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1157 on: January 04, 2009, 02:38:43 AM »

Hi Mammy,

Hi Mytime
Good to see you!!  One stop copping, no fuzz no muss. 
Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1158 on: January 04, 2009, 02:39:21 AM »

Maybe Lee moved back home because he can't afford to live anywhere else...

Maybe Lee will also have his child living there too after it is born then Wah La....Cindy and George are back to square one.....Them, their child and a grandchild all in the same house once again.   Sick HUH !!!

C&G and Lee ought not to be allowed around any child until it's determined what, if any, role they played in Caylee's demise or coverup.  IMO

I don't think Mallory has done anything that would warrant them taking custody of her child. It'll be interesting to see if Lee's as scared of this kid as he was of Caylee. He really has that deer in headlights look in every picture where he's with Caylee.
Scared someone might see a resemblence between the two?

I know sorry, I just had to say it I don't believe Lee is Caylee's dad. She was way to beautiful to have his DNA

Their faces have a very strong resemblance. But she looks way more like JP Chatt, and even more like that mystery cousin with the dimples.  But that could just be because she's 3. I notice that baby Casey and baby Caylee look a lot alike, too, only Casey's paler and doesn't have as sweet an expression or that warmth in her eyes that Caylee had.

I was kidding Fuzzy. I don't think Lee is the baby daddy. Three year olds look like a lot of people. Caylee looks like my sister when she was three. I agree about Casey as a kid. She had no warmth in her eyes. To me she looked like a spoiled brat in that Christmas picture.
I've seen a lot of spoiled brats. They look like any other kid. Casey to me looks wrong. She's smiling in that picture with her doll, but her eyes aren't. She's this doll-like pretty baby, but there's something wrong.

I actually do think Lee could be the father. But you're right, 3 year olds look like everybody.
Kimber
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1159 on: January 04, 2009, 02:39:29 AM »

Hi Mammy

Marymary,
 I don't post much, mostly lurk. But, I just wanted to say that I will be praying for the babies! My heart goes out to you and your family. My son was 2 months premature, so I know what your family is going through. It's a hard thing to handle.
Again, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.