May 14, 2024, 04:06:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 354458 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #740 on: January 08, 2010, 11:45:34 PM »

sorry if this is a repeat

Susan Powell Neighbor Recording
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSXNz2J_bLM&NR=1

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #741 on: January 09, 2010, 07:47:19 AM »

http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story/?cid=70171

Josh Powell's Family Don't Think He Should Leave State
Reported by: Chris Jones
Friday, Jan 8, 2010 @11:46pm

KUTV News conducted a revealing interview with the sister and brother-in-law of Josh Powell.  Jennifer and Kirk Graves spoke candidly to our Chris Jones about Powell's plans to move, his lack of communication with the media, police and even other family members.

ON POWELL'S PLANS TO MOVE.

Jennifer Graves, Powell's sister:  I'm disappointed, I don't want him to move I don't think he should move at this time.   We are supposed to be focused on trying to find Susan and I think his place is here with us in Salt Lake, looking for Susan

Kirk Graves, Powell's brother-in-law:  From a public relations stand point it just makes him look worse.  I don't' know how he feels about that but I got to think that's not a good thing. (Josh) has family here and we can help him out, leaving here just means he's not available to the police or anyone else helping the Susan situation.

ON POWELL'S LACK ON DIALOG WITH THE MEDIA, POLICE AND FAMILY.

Kirk Graves:  I've tried to express to him that the media are not all the bad guys.  I think if (Josh) were to get out and talk a little bit (to the media)  it would give people a chance to listen to what he has to say, I think that would be a great thing.

Jennifer Graves:  Normally he's very talkative, you really just can't get him to be quiet most of the time.  He dominates the conversation most of the time, he talks and talks and talks, so it's very odd that he's been very quiet during all of this.

ON WHAT POWELL HAS SAID ABOUT HIS WIFE'S DISAPPEARANCE.

Jennifer Graves:  he's said very little, you know, I asked a lot of questions and he would give the same answers that were being reported and so, where do you go with that? that's all you get.

ON WHAT MAY HAVE HAPPENED TO SUSAN.

Chris Jones:  Do you think Josh could have had anything to do with Susan's disappearance? 

Jennifer Graves:  I hope not.

Kirk Graves:   I know that Susan didn't leave on her own and that's what I know, which leaves us with that something happened.  I find it very difficult to believe it's Josh,  which leaves a short list, a really short list of who it might have been.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #742 on: January 09, 2010, 08:56:16 AM »

Wow - this guy is pissed. The fact that Josh can not shut up normally and now will not speak is huge for me. And the comment about stabbing his wife is strange in my book.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #743 on: January 09, 2010, 02:54:56 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:31:32 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #744 on: January 09, 2010, 03:00:18 PM »

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705357318/Friends-neighbors-help-Josh-Powell-pack-for-move-from-Utah.html

Friends, neighbors help Josh Powell pack for move from Utah

WEST VALLEY CITY — Just before 10 a.m. Saturday a quiet, somber-looking Josh Powell directed a 24-foot U-Haul truck into his driveway.

He went inside his home at 6254 W. Sarah Circle accompanied by a friend, and little by little, friends and neighbors came trickling in to help him pack his belongings for the move to his home state of Washington.

By late morning, at least 10 volunteers had come to help and their message was the same. Until they know what happened to Susan Powell, Josh Powell is a friend and neighbor like any other.

"The biggest thing is, nobody knows," said John Dabel, a member of Powell's LDS Church ward. "We're like everybody else. You just hope somebody you know wouldn't do something like that. But we don't even know if anything did happen."

Friend and neighbor Ron Stagg said the decision Josh Powell has made to move in the midst of an ongoing search for Susan Powell is his to make.

"Without a normal income and Susan's income, there's no way he can hang onto the house," Stagg said. "No matter who's responsible for Susan's disappearance, Josh is still suffering."

Josh Powell receives a hug from a friend as friends and neighbors of Josh Powell assist him in moving allegedly back to Washington on Saturday.

Josh Powell gives some instructions during the move as friends and neighbors of Josh Powell assist him in moving allegedly back to Washington on Saturday. (Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News)

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #745 on: January 09, 2010, 03:52:52 PM »

Wow - this guy is pissed. The fact that Josh can not shut up normally and now will not speak is huge for me. And the comment about stabbing his wife is strange in my book.

Very interesting indeed. Would someone with nothing to hide and very concerned about his loving wife's disappearance make such a comment?? Can you imagine Natale Holloway's Dad making such a comment? How about Nancy Grace, would she say such a thing if her dear husband was missing? He's hiding a whole lot and hoping that LE and the media keep the hell out of his business till he has it all straight in his head.  He left that day with the rental car to make sure all his tracks were covered and that the body would not be discovered. He even improved on the site, hence the wind chapped hands. How can he look his little ones in the eyes and say I don't know what happened to Mommy? He has no soul.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #746 on: January 09, 2010, 06:35:21 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,582686,00.html

Missing Utah Woman's Husband Moves Out of State

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah —
The husband of a missing Utah woman was moving out of the couple's home in a Salt Lake City suburb to Washington state Saturday, and police said they couldn't prevent the move.

West Valley City Police have named Josh Powell the only person of interest in the Dec. 7 disappearance of Susan Powell, but he has not been named a suspect.

"We cannot and are not limiting his ability to move freely," police Capt. Tom McLachlan told The Associated Press on Saturday.

Susan Powell has been missing since Dec. 7. She was last seen by her husband, who said he left on a winter camping trip with the couple's children at about 12:30 a.m. that day.

"He has not been cooperating with us very much up to this point," McLachlan said. He said they're watching the move, "and we're interested in it, but we can't prevent it."

McLachlan declined to comment on whether his department has been in contact with Washington state authorities.

Asked by reporters if he wanted to say anything before he briefly left his home around noon Saturday, Josh Powell replied "no." Powell has not said specifically where he is moving. His father and Susan Powell's parents live in Puyallup, a city south of Seattle where the couple met.

Powell's sister, Jennifer Graves, told KUTV on Friday that she was disappointed about her brother's decision to move.

"We are supposed to be focused on trying to find Susan and I think his place is here with us in Salt Lake, looking for Susan," she said.

Friends said Powell has been fired as a computer programmer for a trucking and warehousing company and may be financially unable to keep the home.

"Without a normal income and Susan's income, there's no way he can hang onto the house," neighbor Ron Stagg, who helped with the move, told the Deseret News.

Following Susan Powell's disappearance, friends and family said the couple were having marital difficulties and undergoing counseling. Court records show the couple had declared bankruptcy.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #747 on: January 09, 2010, 07:40:08 PM »

Comments on: 'The Move'
http://www.tribtowns.com/comments/read_comments.asp?ref=14156510&sec=Utah%20Local%20News%20-%20Salt%20Lake%20City%20News,%20Sports,%20Entertainment,%20Business%20-%20The%20Salt%20Lake%20Tribune

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #748 on: January 10, 2010, 12:20:12 AM »

User comment,

jgh 1971:  1/9/2010 11:56:00 AM  +23     

Blueprint for killing someone:   1. make sure a body can't be found.
   2. Keep your mouth shut so you don't incriminate yourself.
   3. Get out of town.

Check, check and check. To be fair, he is innocent until proven guilty.
 One thing is clear though. This man did not like his wife and could care less whether she is dead or missing or whatever. he is either a very good criminal or a very lucky guy to have this burden taken off his hands.

LDSMendacity:  1/9/2010 12:02:00 PM  +26     

You couldn't get me to leave the town, not to mention the state, if my wife was missing. I'd search ALONE if I couldn't get Stagg and Dabel to help.

I'd search until I dropped and I'd go anywhere and do anything to help the police eliminate me as a suspect so that we could concentrate on getting her back.

But his demeanor seriously casts his innocence into doubt. He's moved on with his life...like he's confident her body won't be found.

These are not the actions of an innocent man who cares about his wife and children.

http://www.tribtowns.com/comments/read_comments.asp?ref=14156510&PageIndex=3

I could read these comments all night..  an angelic monkey
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #749 on: January 11, 2010, 01:29:09 AM »

video

http://www.comcast.net/video/husband-of-missing-utah-mom-leaves-state/1382022801/Comcast/1380509550/

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #750 on: January 11, 2010, 11:19:13 AM »

http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story/?cid=70351

Josh Powell Move To Washington The Talk Of The Town
Reported by:
Monday, Jan 11, 2010 @08:40am

Josh Powell is moving out of his Utah home and into a gated community in Puyallup, Washington. But he may not get a warm welcome from his new neighbors there.

Powell was still at his Utah home this weekend, spotted packing a moving truck. He has said that he last saw his wife, Susan, on December 7th, when he took their young sons camping just after midnight.

Police in Utah have named him a person of interest in her disappearance and would like to speak with him again.

But Josh has decided to leave the state and move near his family in Washington State.

At the home of Steve Powell, Josh's father, a woman who answered the door at the said the family had no comment.

But neighbors have plenty to say.

"It's a little concerning. I wasn't aware he was moving in to this subdivision," said a concerned neighbor who didn’t want to be identified. She says the speculation about Susan Powell's disappearance has been un-nerving.

"I was a little concerned. I mean the whole thing sounds really suspicious," she said.

Just before Christmas, Josh Powell made an appearance at a vigil in Puyallup for his wife. He was shielded by some of his friends and declined to speak with reporters.  Utah police say he is free to come and go as he pleases,

But neighbors are curious about his move.

"If it was my wife that disappeared, I think I would have stayed and would have certainly have talked to police and told them everything I know," said neighbor Niels Bogh.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #751 on: January 11, 2010, 04:43:13 PM »

http://www.latimes.com/kstu-home-of-missing-utah-mom-now-vacant-husband,0,4439668.story

Home of Missing Utah Mom Now Vacant; Husband, Sons Leave for Wash.

(video report at link)

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah - The home of Susan Powell, the Utah mother of two who has been missing since Dec. 7, has been emptied out as her husband Josh and their two sons are moving to Washington state. Friends and family helped pack a U-Haul truck for the Powell family, and the truck left their West Valley City neighborhood at about 10:00 a.m. Monday. Josh's brother, Michael, was seen driving the Powell family's minivan away from the home. Neither of the Powell brothers would speak to FOX 13 News. Betty Trujillo, a former neighbor of the Powell family, said she finds it difficult to understand why Josh is moving.

"I'm, like everybody else, think[ing] that he probably should've stayed and waited to see what happens," Trujillo told FOX 13 News.

Trujillo was one of several people involved with helping the Powell family pack their belongings for the move to Washington. Whether or not the family's West Valley City home will be placed on the market for sale was unclear. In the meantime, detectives are still waiting for the results of forensic testing on items retrieved from the home following Susan's disappearance. Police say they have no new information to release in the investigation of Susan Powell's disappearance. Josh Powell remains a person of interest in the case, and his move to Washington will not affect the investigation because, police say, he has been uncooperative anyway.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #752 on: January 11, 2010, 04:49:52 PM »

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/story/Josh-Powell-leaves-Utah-home/VuR4bt5AAk2EnHkNehtI4g.cspx

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (ABC 4 News) - Josh Powell, the "person of interest" in his wife Susan's disappearance officially left his West Valley City home bound for Washington around 9:30 a.m. Monday morning.

Josh asked a members from his church to help him move over the weekend, a request met with mixed emotions. Among them was Wendy Trujillo who said, “Josh has his ups and downs. There are difficult times and I try to talk to him and get his mind off things."

Others said since nothing has been proven they are still his friend and were willing to help him in his time of need.

Josh Powell and his brother Michael started the uhaul moving van and Josh's minivan around 7:30 this morning. They loaded a few more items throughout the morning. Josh drove the uhaul and Micheal the minivan.

ABC 4 asked Josh if he had anything he would like to say before leaving and he didn't acknowledge reporters as he quickly jumped in the moving van and sped off.

video at link.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #753 on: January 11, 2010, 04:59:21 PM »

OMG this POS makes me sick. I can't stand the sight of him. He is second in line after Drew Peterson. He reeks of arrogance. 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #754 on: January 11, 2010, 05:09:53 PM »

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/story/Josh-Powell-leaves-Utah-home/VuR4bt5AAk2EnHkNehtI4g.cspx

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (ABC 4 News) - Josh Powell, the "person of interest" in his wife Susan's disappearance officially left his West Valley City home bound for Washington around 9:30 a.m. Monday morning.

Josh asked a members from his church to help him move over the weekend, a request met with mixed emotions. Among them was Wendy Trujillo who said, “Josh has his ups and downs. There are difficult times and I try to talk to him and get his mind off things."

Others said since nothing has been proven they are still his friend and were willing to help him in his time of need.

Josh Powell and his brother Michael started the uhaul moving van and Josh's minivan around 7:30 this morning. They loaded a few more items throughout the morning. Josh drove the uhaul and Micheal the minivan.

ABC 4 asked Josh if he had anything he would like to say before leaving and he didn't acknowledge reporters as he quickly jumped in the moving van and sped off.

video at link.

You know what struck me most about this?  The statement U-Haul has printed on the door, right under Josh's face.  That sums it up for me.  If I were to put into print the unwritten but clear end to that statement for that picture?

"Without Your Wife". 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #755 on: January 11, 2010, 05:28:49 PM »

OMG this POS makes me sick. I can't stand the sight of him. He is second in line after Drew Peterson. He reeks of arrogance. 
I can't believe the look on his face in that moving van 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #756 on: January 12, 2010, 08:44:34 AM »

http://www.latimes.com/kstu-home-of-missing-utah-mom-now-vacant-husband,0,4439668.story
Home of Missing Utah Mom Now Vacant; Husband, Sons Leave for Wash.

David Wells Senior Web Producer

January 11, 2010 | 9:33 p.m.

* EmailE-mail
    * printPrint
    * increase text size decrease text size Text Size

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah - The home of Susan Powell, the Utah mother of two who has been missing since Dec. 7, has been emptied out as her husband Josh and their two sons are moving to Washington state. Friends and family helped pack a U-Haul truck for the Powell family, and the truck left their West Valley City neighborhood at about 10:00 a.m. Monday. Josh's brother, Michael, was seen driving the Powell family's minivan away from the home. Neither of the Powell brothers would speak to FOX 13 News. Betty Trujillo, a former neighbor of the Powell family, said she finds it difficult to understand why Josh is moving.

"I'm, like everybody else, think[ing] that he probably should've stayed and waited to see what happens," Trujillo told FOX 13 News.
Trujillo was one of several people involved with helping the Powell family pack their belongings for the move to Washington. Whether or not the family's West Valley City home will be placed on the market for sale was unclear. In the meantime, detectives are still waiting for the results of forensic testing on items retrieved from the home following Susan's disappearance. Police say they have no new information to release in the investigation of Susan Powell's disappearance. Josh Powell remains a person of interest in the case, and his move to Washington will not affect the investigation because, police say, he has been uncooperative anyway.

POS

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
SloSthrnStyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #757 on: January 12, 2010, 04:08:33 PM »

"If you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."

In this case, get the hell out of the state.....OMG...what a pos.  That picture speaks volumes to me.  The look on his face says...I cant get out of here fast enough!!.

I hope that media plants their behinds right where he lives and stays!!
Put pictures up of his wife all around....With banners saying "WHERE IS SHE".

No rest for the wicked.

You may run, but you can never hide.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #758 on: January 12, 2010, 04:35:46 PM »

Have any of the friends that helped him pack said anything about the carpet (the wet
area with the two fans)....like did LE cut out that section?  And how large was the
area?  Any other observations of the inside of the home?

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #759 on: January 12, 2010, 05:08:26 PM »

1. Probably not
2. Probably not
3. No clue
4. Probably not

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.