May 13, 2024, 11:41:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #44  (Read 373333 times)
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #400 on: October 15, 2008, 02:32:39 PM »

This may be a stupid question, but will there be any more document/evidence released and if so, will it be anytime soon?

I believe Murt said that he would be going down to LE today to see if there was anything new released.  I know that several think that new findings will be released as a result of Baez's motions.
Thanks, he will let the monkeys know, right?

I would imagine...he might just like to where he posts them.  Don't know the ustream address.  I use this
murtwitnessone.com

Since Murt has joined the Monkey cage he has been pretty active in here. I would believe he would post his findings in here as soon as he gets home.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
KiahJ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #401 on: October 15, 2008, 02:32:40 PM »

Personally I think life in prison would be a harsher sentence than death.  I could not imagine sitting in a prison for the rest of my life and im 45, Casey is 22.  She will treated bad because baby killers are not liked.  To bad she didnt hire a smarter lawyer who could of gotten her to confess it was an accident and maybe got her manslaughter and sentenced to say 30 years compared to death or life.

I agree with you. Also, unlike most here, I am against the death penatly. However, not for moral reasons, but financial ones. When I worked with a newspaper, I did extensive research and an article on how the death penalty actually costs the taxpayers more than life in prison without the possibility of parole. That's right! I even quoted how a death row inmate overdosed and almost died, but they rushed him to the E.R. and saved him. Guess what? A few hours later, the same doc who saved him, put him to death at his execution. Also, another death row inmate fought and won to get a sex-change operation prior to his execution. And guess who footed the bill for all of these things? That's right--taxpayers!

I would like to know cost wise how this is so?How does lethal injection compare to housing and feeding a prisoner for life compare?

The costs are astronimically more to excute. They get appeals, get years on death row (with their meals, too) lawyer fees, state pays most fees, they get many things they want (ie the sex change operation). Life w/out parole is usally without appeals (or as many) and thereby limits these fees. Please check it out for yourself. It's interesting stuff.
Well see then its not the actual act of the "death" part thats expensive.  Solution, rework the judicial system and just take them out back and shoot em. 
I have always been on the fence about the death penalty for a while. 
Personally all I see is criminals who think they can beat the system..and some do.  I agree that their needs to be an "end of the line" for everyone who decides to commit a crime, and for killing someone I am swaying towards the notion that it should be death.
Casey has thought from day one that she has this all beat, I want her to see the "end of the line" here.  Eye for an eye.

I am all for an eye for an eye.

However, I think we should skip the chloroform so that she is awake and aware and feels every bit of it.
TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #402 on: October 15, 2008, 02:33:20 PM »

The prosecution will have to give reason for motive,right? If so,what will they say?

Hellooooooooooooooooooo?

How about jealousy?
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #403 on: October 15, 2008, 02:34:25 PM »

I really think those of you interested in new evidence should read this page.  It is not
written in hard-to-understand jargon.

http://www.ornl.gov/info/ornlreview/meas_tech/bytes.htm

Thanks DR. I will check it out.
heykim
Monkey Junky

www.twitter.com/heykim

« Reply #404 on: October 15, 2008, 02:35:08 PM »

cliff notes please? whats new for today?
anything?
TIA

profile pics courtesy of the kind and generous BRANDI!
CuriousCat
Monkey Junky Jr.

Our Little Princess

« Reply #405 on: October 15, 2008, 02:35:44 PM »

Let's make this all about finding darling Caylee's body. Help TES by making a donation............

http://www.texasequusearch.org/index.html

"The Truth & Ms. Anthony are Strangers" -- Judge Stan Strickland
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #406 on: October 15, 2008, 02:35:58 PM »

Janet - there is not a lot on the web about this subject - but I found a few things.

DNA and RNA

Question:

Can a DNA test result show if the parents are related to each other?
By Anonymous Asked Jan 24 2008 9:51PM    

Answer 1 out of 2
by miri-please.pray.for.my.great.grandma62 on Jan 24, 2008 at 9:54 pm Permalink

as in cousins or brother and sisters? yes if you can find your heritage and they can prove TJ fathered kids with his slave by DNA then they can find your family in present day

Answer 2 out of 2
by DA BEN DAN has a date for surgery78 on Jan 24, 2008 at 9:53 pm Permalink

yes it can

http://www.answerbag.co.uk/q_view/566297

++++

How can we prove through DNA that whether a man or a woman are brother or sister or not?

Answerer 1
This can only be expressed as a very high degree of probability. Ideally you need the DNA profiles of their Mum and Dad as well.

DNA profiling looks at 15 -17 different loci in the DNA. There is a great deal of variation at each locus, that is each locus is highly polymorphic. Any one person has two out of many different alleles at any given locus.

Mum passes one allele from each locus to a child and Dad does the same. Although the exact combination of alleles for all the loci from Mum and Dad varies from child to child they will show a high degree of similarity because they are only being provided by those that the parents have.

Thus a brother and sister will have DNA profiles that are similar. If the similarity is strong this is strong evidence in favour of them being brother and sister (other relationships are possible of course). The similarity can be expressed as a probability. What level of probability you accept as proof depends on the context. In mathematical terms it never gets to 1 so strictly speaking you cannot prove a man and woman are brother and sister.

Answerer 2
There are ratios seen in DNA which are very reliable. Identical twins have 100% similar DNA, parents each share 50% with each child, other siblings have 25% similarity between each other. This relates to how the DNA splits when the sperm and eggs form- in each egg there is 50% from the mum and 50% from the dad. Because they only give 50% each, siblings who have the same mother and father only share 25% on average. If your father produced a child with a woman other than your mother, you would only have 12.5% similarity with this person (although still a brother/sister).

So if a test is performed and a man and woman have 12.5-25% similar DNA, there is only an incredibly slight probability that they are not brother and sister. Considering there are millions and millions of nucleotides which have to be compared, the chances that two people would randomly have this much similar DNA is effectively zero.

Answerer 3
yeah, because DNA replication is semiconservative. this means one strand of the DNA is the same as the parents while the other one is the new one. so if you match your own DNA to that of your parents, you may find one of your strands same.

Answerer 4
It depends how complicated you want this really, (A level or degree.) This is a fairly simple explaination which gives you a good idea.

Nowadays, DNA technology is used to figure out who is the father of a child. DNA paternity testing makes it possible to determine a child’s biological father to a very high degree of certainty.

Everyone, except identical twins, has a unique set of DNA. DNA is made up of 4 bases or letters, A, C, G, and T. These 4 letters form the written code that makes up the DNA sequence.

Now when someone says that everyone’s DNA is unique, what they mean is that occasionally one of these letters is different for different people. On average, two people at random have a different base every thousand bases or so. This is where the statistic that says that everyone’s DNA is 99.9% the same comes from.

Since you get half your DNA from your father and half from your mother, your DNA is more than 99.9% the same as your parents. Your DNA is also more similar to that of your grandparents or cousins than to that of a random stranger. Paternity tests use this greater similarity to figure out who the parents are.

So how do you figure out someone’s DNA is more similar to another’s? There are lots of ways but we’ll focus on the simplest, DNA restriction analysis or DNA fingerprinting. DNA fingerprinting uses special proteins called restriction enzymes. Restriction enzymes cut DNA but only at a certain combination of A, G, T, and C. Different restriction enzymes cut DNA at different places—each has a unique sequence it recognizes. For example, the restriction enzyme EcoRI cuts DNA at the sequence GAATTC and will cut only at that sequence. It will not, for example, cut at GACTTC.

OK, so what DNA fingerprinting does is it looks for differences in the DNA that change where these restriction enzymes can cut DNA. The pattern of DNA fragments is then compared and if the child’s DNA looks like a combination of the two parents’ DNA, then the child is theirs.

Let’s look at an example of how this might be done. Suppose we have three people: Bob, Larry, and Mary. If we take the same stretch of DNA from the three of them, small differences might mean that EcoRI will cut them differently (see Figure 1). In Bob, the sequence GAATTC occurs once in this stretch of DNA. That is, in this stretch of DNA, Bob has one EcoR I site. Now suppose Mary has no EcoR I sites and Larry has two EcoR I sites in this stretch of DNA.

You can see that EcoR I will cut this stretch of Bob’s DNA into two fragments, Larry’s into three fragments, and Mary’s will not cut.

When we cut the DNA with EcoR I and separate the cut fragments on an agarose gel, the gel might look something like in Figure 2. In an agarose gel, smaller fragments run faster so you get separation based on size—the bigger fragments are near the top, the smaller are near the bottom.

Now, suppose Mary has a child and she wants to determine which of two men, Bob or Larry, is the biological father of her child. She consults a paternity testing expert. The expert collects a certain stretch of DNA from Mary, Bob, Larry, and the child, and cuts the DNA with EcoR I. When the expert separates the cut DNA fragments on an agarose gel, the pattern looks like the one in Figure 3. The child’s DNA must be a combination of Mary’s DNA plus one of the men’s DNA. The agarose gel indicates that the child’s DNA is a combination of Mary’s DNA (top band) plus Larry’s DNA (bottom three bands). Thus, Larry is the biological father of the child.

What happens if Larry and Bob have the identical sequence in this stretch of DNA? The answer is that you wouldn’t be able to distinguish, based on looking at differences in this stretch of DNA, between the two men. So what do you do? You simply search for other stretches of DNA in which there is a difference between these two men. This is why in real life, multiple stretches of DNA must be examined to ensure that the results are statistically significant.

There are some diagrams which go with this on the website.
http://www.thetech.org/genetics/ask.php?

Answerer 5
i have no idea

Answerer 6
Leave it upto the people who are doing the test. Once you have informed them what the DNA sample is for Im pretty sure that they will be able to give you an explination.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080405061157AANDGJD

++++

Exactly Matching Chunks

I keep saying that you share more DNA with someone who is related to you. More specifically, these relatives have long chunks of DNA that match up exactly with your DNA.

Remember, DNA is really just a long series of four different letters. Each of us has around 6 billion of these letters arranged in a certain order. It is the order of these letters that makes each of us unique.

Close relatives have big chunks of DNA that match up exactly. For example, with a brother or a sister you can get millions of letters that all match up perfectly. An aunt or uncle will have fewer, smaller stretches that match up. And a fourth cousin might not have any.

To understand where these long stretches of matched DNA come from, we need to talk a bit about chromosomes. We also need to talk about what happens when DNA is passed down from generation to generation.

http://www.thetech.org/genetics/ask.php?

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #407 on: October 15, 2008, 02:36:36 PM »

No I was in Barbados.  You should of seen the baby monkeys they had ..they were precious and the people treated them just like they were they real baby humans and wouldnt let anyone hold them or touch them.

Very cute! Kinda looks like the French Quarter a little. I should visit Barbados. Thanks.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #408 on: October 15, 2008, 02:37:01 PM »

Sure hope these images show up, still learning how to post them.  Am curious to get your take on this:

Earlier in this case, on Cindy's myspace page, Trenton Duckett is/was the 4th friend listed: 

And at the same time, on the 'Trenton Duckett Is Missing' myspace page, the following pic was included.  The girl in front sure looks a lot like Casey to me:

Is it possible these two cases are connected in some way? 

We've disected that photo and the general consensus is that it's NOT Casey.  I don't think Casey or the Anthonys knew the Ducketts until after Caylee went missing.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #409 on: October 15, 2008, 02:38:05 PM »

anything?
TIA

Nothing new really.  Casey was in court this morning and the judge ruled NO BOND.
heykim
Monkey Junky

www.twitter.com/heykim

« Reply #410 on: October 15, 2008, 02:38:27 PM »

The prosecution will have to give reason for motive,right? If so,what will they say?

Hellooooooooooooooooooo?

How about jealousy?

JEALOUSY? hmmmm perhaps... personally i am interested in the CAYLEE GETTING OLDER AND TALKING MORE angle..
i know that it was INTERESTING when my grandkids would get to the age that they were more VOCAL about their life in general..... and of course kids are usually either BRUTALLY honest, or they are inarticulate , so the stuff they share is usually REAAAAAAAAAAALLY fun to decipher...

my opinion... mine alone... it is the ONLY thing i will admit Wink

carry on.....Smile

heykim
Monkey Junky

www.twitter.com/heykim

« Reply #411 on: October 15, 2008, 02:40:10 PM »

anything?
TIA

Nothing new really.  Casey was in court this morning and the judge ruled NO BOND.

thx klaas... i was trying to read back... but DAAAAAAAAAAANG i miss alot of new stuff when i venture back into the midnite posts *L*

TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #412 on: October 15, 2008, 02:40:39 PM »

I really think those of you interested in new evidence should read this page.  It is not
written in hard-to-understand jargon.

http://www.ornl.gov/info/ornlreview/meas_tech/bytes.htm

Thanks DR. I will check it out.

Thank you!  I could have posted the article itself but thought this would be quicker and take up less space.  Plus, I wasn't sure it would interest everyone...probably just those interested in the cutting edge remark (or something close to that) that the prosecutor mentioned yesterday.  Please tell me if you see several applications to this case as I do!
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #413 on: October 15, 2008, 02:42:03 PM »

Sure hope these images show up, still learning how to post them.  Am curious to get your take on this:

Earlier in this case, on Cindy's myspace page, Trenton Duckett is/was the 4th friend listed: 

And at the same time, on the 'Trenton Duckett Is Missing' myspace page, the following pic was included.  The girl in front sure looks a lot like Casey to me:

Is it possible these two cases are connected in some way? 

We've disected that photo and the general consensus is that it's NOT Casey.  I don't think Casey or the Anthonys knew the Ducketts until after Caylee went missing.
Great sluething, but you can change the order in which your friends are listed on your MySpace page at any time.  I think this was done to show the common thread they had.

TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #414 on: October 15, 2008, 02:42:37 PM »

This may be a stupid question, but will there be any more document/evidence released and if so, will it be anytime soon?

I believe Murt said that he would be going down to LE today to see if there was anything new released.  I know that several think that new findings will be released as a result of Baez's motions.

Boo, I agree.  I wasn't implying that he wouldn't share on this forum.  It's just that many of the things he shares are in video format.  I didn't know we had that capability.

I would imagine...he might just like to where he posts them.  Don't know the ustream address.  I use this
murtwitnessone.com

Since Murt has joined the Monkey cage he has been pretty active in here. I would believe he would post his findings in here as soon as he gets home.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: October 15, 2008, 02:42:37 PM »

Janet -- It is my understanding (and it is limited) that it could be determined from CAYLEE'S DNA ALONE if a close blood relative were the father. I could be wrong but that's what I understand.

I have no knowledge in regards to DNA and Genetics but ... it has been explained to me by my niece (Bachlor of Science) that Mitochondrial DNA testing CANNOT determine paternity of the deceased.  The father's DNA is required and ... when it is considered that LE only obtain Lee Anthony's DNA (blood) this week ...

Until an official or family source provides confirmation in regards to paternity of Caylee and Lee Anthony ... I will not go there.  Rumors of this magnitude have a potential to destroy lives.

Janet

+++++++++

Mitochondrial DNA:

Within the cell cytoplasm there are organelles called mitochondria. The mictochondria contain mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) which is the type of DNA analyzed in order to identify deceased remains.  Mitochondrial DNA is inherited from the mother, not from the father.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1337.html

I agree with you, but just a note: They have more than Caylee's mDNA. They have her full profile.

stayhomemommy

I would appreciate a link that confirms that DNA testing of the decomposition and hair found inside the trunk of Casey's vehicle ... went beyond Mitochondrial.

The official press release from the LE in regards to the forensic testing only implied that there was a "strong possibility" that Casey Marie had been in that trunk ... nothing about paternity.

Janet

+++++++

updated 1:37 p.m. EDT, Tue September 2, 2008
No immunity for Caylee's mom, prosecutor says

"[FBI] laboratory evidence, along with additional evidence that has not been made public, leads investigators to the belief there is a strong probability that Caylee is deceased," the Orange County Sheriff's Office said.

"If any evidence to the contrary is provided, it will be vigorously pursued," the statement added.

Forensics tests confirmed there had been a decomposing body in the car, the statement said. Detectives disclosed at a July hearing the trunk contained hair samples appearing to belong to Caylee, a strong odor and suspicious stain that glowed under black light.

http://edition1.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/09/02/caylee.missing.ap/index.html

'Additional Evidence' Indicates Caylee Anthony Is Dead
Lead Investigator Says Body In Trunk Was 3-Year-Old
POSTED: 2:21 pm EDT August 31, 2008
UPDATED: 3:03 pm EDT September 1, 2008

"The information we've gotten back from the lab that she was in the trunk of that car and that she is dead is certainly something we take seriously," said Orange County Sheriff's Office Sgt. John Allen.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17353349/detail.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #416 on: October 15, 2008, 02:43:18 PM »

I just got an email response from Carpe.  He is fine, just very busy!  He was very excited over yesterdays results. 
Not sure if someone else has posted this info yet, but just wanted to let everyone know just in case!  (Still reading back myself)

Thanks Dolce!
TOT!!  Dont you go missing for weeks missy!!    I am trying to catch up from last night.  I will never go to bed again..I miss too much!!

Yes,thanks Dolce...

Me go missing! GULPING HERE...You know something I don't?
Nopers!  Of course not!

NO ONE TAKE TOT! 

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #417 on: October 15, 2008, 02:44:19 PM »

Boo, I agree.  I wasn't implying that he wouldn't share on this forum.  It's just that many of the things he shares are in video format.  I didn't know we had that capability.

murtwitnessone.com

Oops, Klaas.  Can you fix it so that my reply is in the right place.  Urrgghh!
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #418 on: October 15, 2008, 02:45:27 PM »

Hellooooooooooooooooooo?

How about jealousy?

Maybe,but how would they prove this?

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #419 on: October 15, 2008, 02:47:03 PM »

Paternity Index

The paternity index (PI) compares the likelihood that a genetic marker (allele) that the alleged father (AF) passed to the child to the probability that a randomly selected unrelated man of similar ethnic background could pass the allele to the child. This is presented in the formula X/Y, where X is the chance that the AF could transmit the obligate allele and Y is the chance that some other man of the same race could have transmitted the allele. X is assigned the value of 1 if the AF is homozygous for the allele of interest and 0.5 if the AF is heterozygous. The potential of a randomly selected man to pass the obligate gene is determined by using a database which lists the frequency distribution of individual alleles within a given genetic system.

Genetic Markers

Half of a child's genetic material (alleles) come from the mother, while the other half is contributed by the father. A series of genetic systems (loci) are analyzed in an attempt to ascertain the biological father of a child. Each genetic system in a person has two allele, these alleles are numerically labeled. In paternity testing, the alleles from the child are compared to those of the "parents" to determine if it is possible for either or both parents to have contributed the particular alleles present in the child. For instance, assume that a child has a 10 and 11 allele for a particular genetic system and the child's mother is known to possess a 10 and a 12 allele for this system. The mother must have contributed the 10 allele and the 11 allele must be paternal. In this example, any man who does not possess an 11 allele could not be the child's father (barring the possibility of mutation that converts one allele to another - something that is unlikely but can be taken into consideration if needed). In the event that a man is not excluded, the likelihood that a randomly chosen man might also be able to provide the allele in question to the child can be determined by examining the allelic frequencies from a relevant population database.

Probability of Paternity

To convert the genetic evidence to a probability of paternity (POP) it is necessary to use the Baysian theorem. This is a formula that tests the hypothesis that the accused is the biological father of the child. For example, a POP of 99% reflects a 99% probability that the hypothesis is correct and a 1% probability that it is not. The CPI is used in the Bayes formula along with another variable called a prior probability (PP). This variable represents the social evidence. Testing labs typically use a value of 0.5 for the PP assuming this is a neutral, unbiased value. The Baysian formula is CPI / CPI + (1 - PP) x 100.

http://bioforensics.com/conference/Paternity/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.