May 21, 2024, 12:52:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittanee Marie Drexel, missing since 4/25/09 from Myrtle Beach, SC  (Read 727220 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #600 on: October 28, 2009, 02:22:16 PM »

Funny how that guy Peter sort of reminds me of Joran Van Der Sloot.

There is a whole generation of self centered sociopath personalities developed by there parents pier groups and society in itself.
It is no wonder why he would remind you of Joran VanDerSloot, who by the way has had no problem making friends or finding girls even though he is accused of a horrific crime and has even admitted involvment in such. His parents protecting there spoiled little boy the whole way.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #601 on: October 28, 2009, 02:43:24 PM »

Here in my area... A currant crime..

Same kind of personalities as Joran, Deepak, Satish, Steve Croes and all the rest of them in Aruba.. and most likely the same as these boys we are looking at in this case of missing person Brittanee Marie Drexel.

Just look at how deceiving as friends and how crude and inhumane they are to her.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/28/BA621ABOF6.DTL&tsp=1

These boys most likely murdered this girl Britney and then drove away to give her cell phone a ping before destroying it..
They are not stupid.. They are thinking criminals. Now it is just a matter of not snitching on each other. Which is considered a sign of weakness.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #602 on: October 28, 2009, 03:34:54 PM »

I read that article about the gang rape Edward and imediately thought of how disturbed you would be by it.  So sad...

The more and more I read the sicker the world has become.  I must be getting old. Peter needs to be put in interogation and not let out untill he talks.  I know, I know Miranda rights... JMO.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #603 on: October 28, 2009, 09:34:52 PM »

I know, Lovinlife.  I'm having a bad day.  I follow many of the stories of the missing and murdered here and at other forums.  I've been so blue today, I don't know how long I'm going to be able to continue.  The crimes are getting worse and more frequent.

I like your avatar, Edward.

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #604 on: October 29, 2009, 01:35:48 AM »

Drexel's mom on 'Maury,' psychic consulted
Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 4:53 p.m.

The search for Brittanee Drexel made its way back into the national spotlight today, after her family appeared on Maury Povich's show. Brittanee is the spring breaker from New York who vanished in April from Myrtle Beach.

Host Maury Povich hired a psychic for the family to aid in the search for the missing teenager. The psychic and the girl's mother, Dawn Drexel, went to Myrtle Beach to retrace Brittanee's last known steps.

When the psychic returned, he talked about the Blue Water Resort hotel where she was last seen.

"I was getting my strongest hits when we were at the hotel. So I think she is still in that area," said Jeffrey Wands, Psychic.

Authorities did trace signals from her cell phone to Georgetown County after she disappeared.

If you have any new information on Drexel's disappearance, call Myrtle Beach police at (843) 918-1963.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=366536
Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #605 on: October 29, 2009, 01:41:40 AM »

Brittanee Drexel missing for six months
Posted at: 10/25/2009 5:44 PM | WHEC.com
Updated at: 10/25/2009 7:12 PM

Six months ago, Chili teen Brittanee Drexel disappeared.

On Sunday afternoon, her friends and family gathered to keep hope alive.

"We just miss her, we love her, we just want her back home with us," Dawn Drexel said. "It's been too long."     

Balloons were released today in her honor-- a sign of hope that she's still out there. Drexel's parents say the event was also a chance to thank the community for all its support

Brittanee Drexel went missing on April 25th while she was on spring break in Myrtle Beach.

Dozens of friends and family came to Charlotte pier with t-shirts and photos of Brittanee Drexel.

"Every day, every waking moment renews my hope," Brittanee's father, Chad Drexel, said.

"We're still remaining hopeful that, you know, she'll return or we'll get a break in the case to where you know she'll be back home with us or we'll at least be able to find her," Brittanee's mother, Dawn Drexel said.

In a circle of friends, they let go of their balloons... while still pledging to hold on to hope.

"This keeps you going," Chad Drexel said. "I promised the little ones I will never ever stop looking for Brit."

It was an emotional moment for many of Drexel's friends and her boyfriend.

"It hurt," Brittanee's boyfriend John Grieco said. "It felt like it was a part of me that was going up into the sky."

"It felt like she could see them, like this is us showing her that we are still here," Brittanee's friend Katya Rosien said. "That our memories were in those balloons... to let her know that we're still looking."

Drexel's father just returned from South Carolina, where the Cue Center for Missing Persons was doing another search for his daughter. He says the one pink balloon caught in the trees has special meaning to him.

"She's holding on," he said. "No matter what, I’m holding on. For them. For us. for everyone here."

Chad Drexel says the Cue Center plans to do another search for Brittanee in the upcoming months.

When he was down there last weekend, they searched thousands of square acres near Georgetown, South Carolina. They used horses, ATVs, and even helicopters as well as searching by foot but did not find anything.

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S1211328.shtml?cat=566

Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #606 on: November 01, 2009, 09:26:03 PM »

Awareness campaign begins for missing NY teen

Posted: Oct 30, 2009 1:29 PM PDT
Updated: Oct 30, 2009 1:29 PM PDT

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - Officials with the CUE Center for Missing Persons are initiating an awareness campaign for a missing 17-year-old New York teen who disappeared in Myrtle Beach in April.

The aunt of Brittanee Drexel, Kerri Drexel, has arrived in Myrtle Beach Friday to help distribute posters of the teen in an effort to remind the public she is still missing.

Drexel was last seen in the area of 11th Avenue South and 20th Avenue South in Myrtle Beach on April 25 after meeting up with friends from her hometown. Drexel, who was 17 at the time, was in Myrtle Beach on spring break, against the will of her mother.

Contact was lost with Drexel and family in New York on Saturday evening, when authorities say she disappeared. 

Since her disappearance, police and regional law enforcement agencies have followed a number of leads, but all have turned into dead ends. Myrtle Beach Police suspended an active search for Drexel in June, following several weeks of no progress in the case. Investigators extended their search as far as Charleston County, along the Santee River and Coastal Reserve.

CrimeStoppers of the Lowcountry continues to offer a reward for any information on Drexel's whereabouts.  Anyone with information regarding the disappearance of Drexel is urged to contact the agency at 1-888-CRIME-SC.

Copyright 2009 WMBF News. All rights reserved.
Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #607 on: November 01, 2009, 09:28:31 PM »

http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=11416455

^^link to above article.

This case feels like it's gone cold. Maybe someone who was in MB that night will remember seeing something odd and that will be the key to cracking this case. I pray they find her.
linds1980
Scared Monkey

« Reply #608 on: November 13, 2009, 02:11:23 AM »

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/nov/12/missing-teen-be-cover-people-magazine/

Missing teen to be on cover of People magazine
Published: November 12, 2009

Family still hopes
A missing teenager with ties to the Bay area will be featured on the cover of People magazine out on Friday. Her story is one of six being featured in an article called "Vanished."

Brittanee Drexel, 18, disappeared from a spring break trip to Myrtle Beach, S.C.. on April 25. She'd left her home in Rochester, N.Y., without her parents' permission. Surveillance video shows her at her hotel and on Ocean Drive. A cell phone tower 35 miles away in Georgetown, S.C., picked up a signal from Drexel's phone hours after she disappeared, but she hasn't been seen or heard from since.

"Brittanee had gotten chosen to be one on the front cover because we don't have anything, it's without a trace," said her aunt, Keri Drexel of Bradenton.

Law enforcement and volunteers searched a 435-acre area near Georgetown last month using horses, all terrain vehicles and cadaver dogs. Keri Drexel traveled from her home in Manatee County to be part of the search.

"It hit my heart like you can't believe," Drexel said, with tears in her eyes. "It was very hard to think, could she be out there? When I was there, I felt like I was leaving her behind."

The search didn't turn up any clues in Drexel's disappearance.

Keri Drexel wears a pin with her niece's picture on it. She put magnets with Brittanee's picture on the side of her car. She hasn't stopped looking for her niece since she disappeared six months ago.

"There are ties in three different states," she said. "That's why we're keeping it very active."

Brittanee Drexel's family set up a Facebook page, and is planning another search in South Carolina before the end of the year. In the meantime, they hope the article in People will help generate new leads in her case.

"It's very hard because the holidays are coming up, so that's what's making it real hard for the whole family," Drexel said.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #609 on: December 06, 2009, 03:27:42 PM »

Mother's search highlights missing person cases

12/6/09

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. -- Dawn Drexel gingerly stepped over mounds of pine needles, gnarled roots and empty beer cans as she ventured into a scrubby patch of woods where searchers looked for her teenage daughter's body.

The team had come up empty, just as they had in similar dark corners tucked away from the bright lights and crowds of this bustling resort city. Still, Drexel needed to see the spot last week, to get a sense of the land and the efforts to find Brittanee.

It's been a daily struggle for Drexel since her 17-year-old daughter disappeared on a trip here in April. The Rochester, N.Y., woman has left her family, work and home for weeks at a time to look for Brittanee. She's unsure what to say when her younger children ask when their sister is coming home. On every trip down U.S. Highway 17, her gaze drifts to the ditches and hollows on the side of the road, looking for a sign.

"It consumes your life, and there are a lot more bad days than good days," Drexel said. "It's always so close to your heart. You just never think your kid will go missing until it happens to you."

Hundreds of people are reported missing each year in South Carolina, some of the more than 800,000 folks who disappear across the nation. Most are found sooner than later, the majority unharmed. Of the 80 people reported missing in Myrtle Beach this year, for example, all but Brittanee have been accounted for, police said. But it is cases such as hers that can haunt family members, investigators and searchers for years.

"It can be very frustrating," Charleston County Sheriff's Maj. John Clark said. "When you sit down and look into the face of a family member who is devastated because someone they love is missing, you can't help but put yourself in their place. It makes you want to work even harder to bring some resolution to them."

Charleston County sheriff's deputies have located all but 12 of the 62 people reported missing to their office since January. But each year, some cases remain stubbornly difficult to solve.

more at the link about others missing.....
http://www.thesunnews.com/575/story/1202232.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #610 on: December 06, 2009, 04:08:32 PM »

I hope that Brittanee's family gets some news on her...this has to be hell on earth for families to go through...

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #611 on: December 06, 2009, 05:49:43 PM »

All Holidays but especially Christmas for many reasons.

My prayers go to all the families of the missing during the holidays.

People can believe in God or not but the holidays alone without your loved ones by your side can feel like Hell on Earth.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #612 on: December 06, 2009, 05:56:03 PM »

All Holidays but especially Christmas for many reasons.

My prayers go to all the families of the missing during the holidays.

People can believe in God or not but the holidays alone without your loved ones by your side can feel like Hell on Earth.

exactly... an angelic monkey

CarolynV
Scared Monkey

« Reply #613 on: December 07, 2009, 02:35:16 AM »

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=386560
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #614 on: December 07, 2009, 09:19:13 AM »

Thank you CarolynV.  I'm hoping with the tips and the new searches Brittanee will be found. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #615 on: December 07, 2009, 11:05:30 AM »

A new tip has reignited the search effort in Georgetown County for missing spring breaker Brittanee Drexel who vanished from Ocean Boulevard in April.

While Georgetown County investigators won't elaborate on the new tip, it was enough to bring in cadaver dogs, special dive teams and search crews.

The efforts began Friday when two cadaver dogs from the CUE Center for Missing Persons were brought in to work an area along the North Santee River.

The dogs, specifically trained to detect human remains, spent a couple of hours on and around a 25-foot dock that juts into the river.

Once those dogs were done working, the CUE Center requested a third and fourth cadaver dog to search the same area, but those dogs didn't arrive until Saturday. Myrtle Beach detectives -- the lead agency in the investigation -- also arrived on Saturday.

The second set of dogs searched the same wooded and swampy area but concentrated around the waters of the same dock which sits in an alcove of the river.

The dogs' work produced further developments which prompted police and searchers to request a dive team, CUE Center found Monica Caison said.

Members of the Horry County Fire Rescue's dive team suited up around 10:30 Sunday morning, and the three divers worked for close to four hours.

Around 11:45 a.m., one of the divers found some sort of hard material that piqued interests among the group of searchers and law enforcement.

No one at the scene could definitively classify what it was, but it will be sent to the Medical University of South Carolina on Monday morning to determine if it is a human bone.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=386560

I just wanted to grab the important parts of this..

The CUE Center has found many bodies over the years.
It is run by one woman Monica Caison and many volunteers.
It runs on donations.
 http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/

If Monica showed up to this it gives me great hope.
jmho
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #616 on: December 07, 2009, 11:06:56 AM »

Thank You CarolynV for the heads up.

CarolynV
Scared Monkey

« Reply #617 on: December 07, 2009, 12:55:26 PM »

You're welcome.  Hoping for justice for Brittanee.
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #618 on: December 07, 2009, 01:27:08 PM »

http://www2.scnow.com/scp/news/local/grand_strand/article/horry_county_police_investigates_human_remains_found_monday/90888/

Human remains found in Horry County Monday morning
By Aisha Khan | WBTW Reporter
Published: December 7, 2009

The Horry County Police Department is investigating what they say are human remains found off of Woodwinds Drive near Highway 544 in Conway about 3:00 a.m. Monday.

Sgt. Robert Kegler said he cannot confirm if the remains are those of a child or an adult.

He said he cannot confirm if anyone has been taken into custody in the case.

Stay with News13 and scnow.com for continued updates as more information becomes available on this developing story.

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #619 on: December 07, 2009, 02:33:17 PM »

http://www2.scnow.com/scp/news/local/grand_strand/article/horry_county_police_investigates_human_remains_found_monday/90888/

Human remains found in Horry County Monday morning
By Aisha Khan | WBTW Reporter
Published: December 7, 2009

The Horry County Police Department is investigating what they say are human remains found off of Woodwinds Drive near Highway 544 in Conway about 3:00 a.m. Monday.

Sgt. Robert Kegler said he cannot confirm if the remains are those of a child or an adult.

He said he cannot confirm if anyone has been taken into custody in the case.

Stay with News13 and scnow.com for continued updates as more information becomes available on this developing story.

OS

Not Brittanee

A baby

Baby remains found in Horry County, 16 year old in custody

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.