May 21, 2024, 06:13:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #564 12/22 - Christmas Eve  (Read 105084 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2006, 02:22:04 PM »

JUNIOR: There were three who came before in a pickup truck. Then one was already there on the field. Then this other man and a woman along with two gentlemen in the back came. Yes, there was a woman--a woman who was brunette. There were two men in the back on the Jeep; also, there was a yellow car there.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What this brings to mind is thae picture of that white pickup truck out behind the VDS house dumped in Moco.

BBL I have to run to the store .......

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2006, 02:24:03 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Have to run to the store real quick for a couple last minute gifts.  Be back soon (I hope)  Laughing

BACK!  Told you I'd be back quick!  Laughing
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2006, 02:26:30 PM »

Have to run to the store real quick for a couple last minute gifts.  Be back soon (I hope)  Laughing

Holy Crap.. you must have speed shopped? No lines?
I had to run to Walmart.. OMG it SUCKED!!!! and I HATE to shop..!!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2006, 02:31:26 PM »

Klaas,
Do you live in a Department Store??   Shocked Took me that long to read the posts!!

BLEACHEDBLACK

For sure there was something at the dump.  They had no dozers or anything to help dig but would not renew the permit and then suddenly had the equipment to fill in the holes which they did.  No way would anybody have bothered if they were not hiding something.

Why not just let them dig, after all, its a dump!  And then the fire two days after TES left, was it set to burn the area where whatever was there?  Like you, I have always thought towel, clothing, the silver necklace, passkey or something was there.

And now that we can see for sure there was a coverup, which witnesses do we believe and which do we not.

Very odd how two or three of the only witnesses happened to be named Carlos Ramos, too.  The gardener and the one they discounted who said he saw somebody like Joran swim out in the water with a body.  Same name.  I know that is a common name but there were I think a total of three witnesses all named Carlos Ramos and none with any other name.
Why would all three have the same name.  Looks like at least one would have had a different name like Jose Garcia or some other common name.

JMO

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2006, 02:32:10 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"

Well, I am the queen of speed shopping, but this time I went to Lowes so not as crowded  Laughing
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2006, 02:35:39 PM »

Well, I am the queen of speed shopping, but this time I went to Lowes so not as crowded  Laughing

LO Lowes must be close by!! Smile
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2006, 02:35:46 PM »

I have a Lowes, Walmart, Radio Shack, Staples, Michaels...etc and 2 grocery stores all within a mile or two of my house.  Once I get to the store however, I am the queen of speed shopping.  Get what I'm going for and leave.  No dilly dallying around for me, lol  Laughing   I actually hate to shop!
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2006, 02:41:58 PM »

You are my kinda gal Klaas.. I do the same thing..
grocery shopping with me is hilarious.. I have the aisles memorized so I can just zip on through. I hardly stop my buggy.  ROFL
  Ihave the same stores close to me as well.. but our Super Walmart here is always busy.. but worse at holiday time. PLUS finding a parking space?
 Heck I may as well just walked from my house. Its raining here.. had to park a mile away. Guess I am not sweet.. cause I didnt melt.   ROFL!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2006, 02:44:36 PM »

VMS or Anyone,

Does anyone have a photo of Dihlma Arends?  We were just identifying people for no particular reason last night and she is one I have never been able to id in a photo.

TIA!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2006, 02:50:52 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
VMS or Anyone,

Does anyone have a photo of Dihlma Arends?  We were just identifying people for no particular reason last night and she is one I have never been able to id in a photo.

TIA!

Anna - I'm searching now
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2006, 02:52:02 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
VMS or Anyone,

TIA!

Anna, I remember seeing a couple of pictures of her, early on, but I don't have one saved.  Didn't see one in the who's who thread, either.  Will look around, unless Santa Klaas has it! Very Happy

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2006, 03:02:19 PM »

In looking for her photo I found this article that I had forgotten about.  Interresting that Dilma dropped out of site early on in the case:

Dilma Arends tells O’Reilly of cell phone usage…says Joran home at 4 A.M. per records of cell phone sites and cell phone batteries.
§   Back of Book Segment
More details from Aruba
Guest: Reporter Dilma Arends
Aruba investigative reporter Dilma Arends elaborated on the Natalee Holloway investigation, implying that Aruba authorities may have a stronger case than many people realize. "Aruba authorities have been using cell sites and the cell phone batteries to determine the movement of the boys involved. For example, they were able to determine that Joren Van Der Sloot got home at 4 AM. So I think they have more proof than they are telling us." The Factor asserted that Arends' claims will provide comfort to Natalee's family. "What you just told us makes a difference to the Holloway family because it gives them some hope. There should be a way for the government to get more information to the family that is not going to damage the case."

http://www.billoreilly.com/show?action=viewTVShow&showID=363#1
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2006, 03:06:04 PM »

Remember this email from Dilma to Greta ?

E-mail No. 1 — This first e-mail is from a reporter at Aruba Today. Her name is Dilma Arends:

Subject: Greta "Wanted"
Greta, you are so mean to Aruba.
You would have never know about the police looking for you, if it wasn’t for the same courtesy, that (thankfully) people in Aruba still haven’t lost despite your sarcasm. The Kalpoes have been under fire and are suffering a lot. They do not open the door to anyone they do not know, and that includes Arubans as well. But unlike you and your almighty attitude, we do understand that. The police have the obligation to look out for the Kalpoes and the Van der Sloots even though they are still suspects. The reason is that both families have been receiving death threats, either by phone, letters and e-mails, thanks to programs like yours and others on cable, which are geared to bully this island and the suspects, without even considering that Natalee may have run away. You never looked into the family demographic of the Twitty/Holloways to see if there was anything amiss (or not) there.
The Kalpoes felt threatened, and yes, may have mistaken "Nadira" for "Murderer." You in the USA seem to forget the first language here is NOT ENGLISH. We may speak English, but for most Papiamento, Dutch or Spanish is still their first language. DO YOU HAVE ANY UNDERSTANDING for that? I doubt that. So, when the Kalpoes heard "Murderer," in view of the death threats, they called the police and gave the police the license plate number of your rental car. They were not looking for Greta the Great, but for someone who may have been a threat to the Kalpoes.
As for some of your viewers commenting on the capability of the Aruban police force, I guess ONE unsolved possible crime case on an island weighs more than the hundreds of thousands of unsolved cases in the USA. You would think, based on reactions, that there are absolutely no unsolved cases in the USA, and no missing girls anywhere but Aruba.
Dilma Arends
Aruba

ANSWER: Dilma, of course the police should look out for ALL residents of Aruba... and, of course ALL visitors/tourists. I thought my blog on Wednesday was "tongue in cheek" and not mean spirited, but I understand your view and can see how it was read that way. I know this is an important investigation and I hope people know that I know that. I want Natalee's family and friends to learn the truth — whatever it may be. And, of course, Natalee deserves justice.

But please, for a second review the situation from my view — you don't have to agree with me, but just take a quick look from my view so you can understand how this "mess" even happened. I have been to the Kalpoe residence many, many, many, many times. My conduct has always the same: to call out for Nadira, their mother. She always answered the door upon me calling out her name. Knocking alone never brought her to the door. I have never gone to their home without yelling out her name: Nadira. Every time I have been in their home, I always showed enormous respect for her, for her home and for her family. I am surprised that she — or anyone in that home — would think my conduct would suddenly change and that I would go screaming "murderer, murder, murderer." If they recognized me — and they did — I would hope they would think my behavior consistent with what it has always been: polite. I may be blunt, but I am always polite.

Obviously much time has passed and much has gone on in their lives. They may now hate me for my persistence. But, as an aside, I have not gone nutty — I would not stand outside a house screaming, "murderer, murderer." My intention was not to be obnoxious but to talk to them. I was not seeking to alienate them — that would never help me convince them to talk to me.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2006, 03:18:55 PM »

She gave that report on Bill O'Reiley very early on, I think before everything was "dinked" with to throw off the information that both she and KJ said the prosecutor had at that time.  This is what really bothers me about the alleged phone and computer records.

Sure plays heck with timelines.   Confused   Of course, it is possible she was just mistaken but she is a reporter and I would think could at least get the time correct.

Then Joran said he got home at 3 am and so the very phone records changed to accommodate his version?

Aruba is a very strange place where time seems to be elastic.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2006, 03:22:27 PM »

I have always thought some of Scubjaps posts at RWV were really made by Dilma because she used that scolding tone.  Normally, it was not present.  But once in a while, that tone like talking to simpleminded children would be there and I have always thought that one was Dilma.

Remember our little Magnolia poster?  I wonder how she is as she was quite ill.  She told us about Dilma being kicked out of the Olympics, I think swimming, because of doping and she was known for years as Doping Dilma.

Maybe that is why she is so mean and preachy sounding.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2006, 03:28:38 PM »

Will check for any info on Dilma when I return but takes me longer to just bag a gift than it does Klaas to go out and shop for one and return!

Back to bagging and I have fewer gifts this year than usual.  Not sure why I am resisting getting this done so.  

BBLater. . . . . . .

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2006, 03:33:08 PM »

Hmmmm, interresting.  I'm not finding Dilma's name mentioned as staff at either BonDia or Aruba Today??

http://www.cspnv.com/pages/staffypersonal.htm

http://www.arubatoday.com/week/monday/staff.html
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2006, 03:33:58 PM »

Dilma/Greta email exchange...

On the Record w/ GretaSCHEDULE
GretaWire
NEWS ARCHIVE

HOT TOPICS
Year in Review
Video: FOX NEWS FLASH
FOX News Election Coverage
SECTION MAP

SEE MORE - Catherine Herridge and Peter Archive
Send news tip to FOXNews.com

SUBMIT  
ADVERTISEMENT
  FOXNEWS.COM HOME > ON THE RECORD W/ GRETA

Party at the White House
Friday, December 16, 2005

By Greta Van Susteren

E-MAIL STORY PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION
Want Greta's blog delivered directly to your e-mail box? Click here to sign up!

Thursday night was the annual holiday party at the White House for the media. President Bush and Mrs. Bush were gracious hosts.

I posted some pictures today of some of the FOX News talent who attended the party (Bill O'Reilly was there but I missed him, so I did not get a picture of him.) There is one picture of my colleague Steve Doocy and Karl Rove, but to give me a hard time for taking pictures, they gave each other rabbit ears. In the end, I am getting even by posting the picture of the two of them. Remember, this was a party: People were supposed to be having fun and they did. Under ordinary circumstances we in the media don't party with an administration, but this is an annual tradition for the media and the White House — regardless of who is in power. The next day everyone goes back to his/her respective jobs and the friendliness can quickly vanish. No administration is fond of the press.

(Story continues below)

Advertise Here
Advertisements
 RelatedColumn Archive
Full-page GretaWire Archive
Photo Essays
GretaPix: White House Party Show Info
Airs Weekdays at 10 p.m. ET
E-mail the Show: ontherecord@foxnews.com Greta Van Susteren's Bio Read the GretaWire Interview Archive Greta's Pod Cast At the party there were people from probably every media outlet. I saw many you might recognize: Tim Russert, Wolf Blitzer, Cokie Roberts, David Gregory, Bob Novak, etc. It is usually quite crowded, but the weather in D.C. was wicked last night and that may have discouraged some from attending — or else the guest list was smaller than usual. In sum, the party was fun: good food, good music and I got to see people from other networks who I know and don't often get to see.

Last night I had a friend of mine on our show who has a new book. Her name is Darla Shine (her husband works here) and the book is "Happy Housewives." You might want to check out her Web site: www.darlashine.com. Darla was a TV producer before she decided to have a family and stay at home. You might think this book only interests women, but many men are reading it.

Our day starts early today. We have something we are hoping to get on camera early this morning — cross your fingers!

Now for some of your e-mails:

E-mail No. 1

Greta,
I was just about to write a letter of concern that FOX wasn't holding up to its "Fair and Balanced" claim because I could not find any mention of Matt Dalton's new book, "Presumed Guilty," which suggests Scott Peterson's innocence, on the FOX News Channel.
The other books written about Peterson's guilt were given plenty of airtime so I had assumed that Dalton's book would be represented on FOX with the same enthusiasm.
I went to your blog and found out that Dalton backed out of the interview with you.
Thank you for that information, I commend you for at least trying to bring his point of view to light. Maybe he will attend your show in the near future. I, for one, would like to hear the press reveal the inaccuracies of this case. I do feel that Peterson was railroaded and I would entertain other explanations as to who could have done this to Laci and baby Conner.
Love your show, thanks for your time!
Ann
Walnut Creek, CA

E-mail No. 2

Dear Mrs. Van Susteren,
You are a former prosecutor. You know that you don't share vital information with anyone, not even the victim's family. Can you tell me, in your career as a prosecutor, how many times you would spend an hour a day with the victim's family? And then to hear a version of what you have told the family in all confidence, being blasted in the U.S. media. Secondly, again, you did attack the police, many times and not just on their communication skills. The police never had to be media savvy before, nor were they ever in a situation like this. How do you think we Arubans feel? You don't care about the truth, you care about ratings. Why else would you not drill the Alabama kids who were here with Natalee? Why is it there is so much resistance for Aruban police to talk to these kids? As a former prosecutor, don't you think this is strange? Do you want the truth or you just want Joran to hang? He could be guilty, but he could also be innocent. Have ever considered this? Stranger things happen in the world. And with your experience as a journalist and a lawyer, you should know this too. I still have the early poster of Beth asking Natalee: "Hootie call me. I am in Aruba and we can talk!" Hmm.
Dilma Arends

ANSWER: I always hate to ruin a good rant, but Dilma, I was never a prosecutor. Second, investigations are not about "feelings" as you suggest... it is about facts and getting them. I regret that you think our tough demand for information is taken as a slight against Arubans... it is not. If you paid close attention to what I have said you would know that I think simple communication would help get everyone on the same page. It is possible that this is the perfect crime — meaning that even after a thorough and competent investigation we will not know what happened to Natalee Holloway. If the police won't provide information, we won't know if they did or are doing a thorough and complete investigation. I admit there is such a thing as the perfect crime and maybe this is one of those. And, yes, I admit I think the delegation travel to U.S. Capitol is a stunt — it won't help find Natalee or get more information about her. I do find the trip to D.C. an exercise in futility and a needless expense. Maybe I am wrong. I am willing to hold final judgment until after their trip.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2006, 03:46:39 PM »

Just a quick drive by .... on our way out the door to visit our families for the holidays......
Let's hope that the coming year brings the answers that Natalees familly so rightly deserves and that justice is handed out to those who harmed her.......
Klaas and Angie.... I hate to shop too!
Everyone have a safe and happy holiday season and will catch up with y'all when I return!!!
Love to all......

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2006, 03:50:45 PM »

Quote from: "cubbeegirl"
Just a quick drive by .... on our way out the door to visit our families for the holidays......
Let's hope that the coming year brings the answers that Natalees familly so rightly deserves and that justice is handed out to those who harmed her.......
Klaas and Angie.... I hate to shop too!
Everyone have a safe and happy holiday season and will catch up with y'all when I return!!!
Love to all......

Same to you Cubbee - Merry Christmas!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.