May 20, 2024, 11:24:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #13 12/16/08 -02/02/09  (Read 193048 times)
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #740 on: January 27, 2009, 03:33:26 AM »

Maybe as a high level employee of a large corporation I was able to bribe Norton

You are Good!!!!!!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #741 on: January 27, 2009, 10:00:12 AM »

Sunny,  My experience with addiction not heroin is alcohol, benzos and opiates (although herion is a form of opiate..it turns to morphine in the liver).  1) If not monitored very carefully methodone or subutex (both of which  my son took and both highly addictive as well) can be very dangerous.  2)Heroin addiction is extremely hard to over come outside of an inpatient treatment program.  Withdrawal from Heroin is so painful that addicts continue to use.  Withdrawal can also result in death if not monitored carefully by trained professionals.  3)  Before entering a rehab (unless the are equiped with a detox unit) they would need to go through a medically monitored detox.  4) DCF needs to be involved !! She is putting those children at risk every day.  5) Having DCF may be what she needs to hit her "Rock bottom".Most addicts will not go for help unless they hit  rock bottom and unfortuntally rock bottom for many is death.  6)  I strongly encourage your friend to go to al-anon (available in every community) for support and help for her family.  7) She cannot go on the word of the addict that she is not using...addicts lie period!  If she is not using she should be accepting of drug testing..if not go to the authorities.  It will probably be the hardest thing she has ever done in her life but she has to know that she could be saving her life and that of her children.

God Bless her it is a long hard road but there is help and recovery!

Interesting tidbit about Heroin:  In the early 1900 Bayer marketed Herion as a substitue for morphine addiction and it was used in cough medicine for children.  Hugh mistake for BAYER.

thanks Dottie..............yesterday we found out she was caught shoplifting various drugs at a local store....2 weeks ago and has a court date as well as having another court date for a ticket for speeding...........he saga continues.....I saw her on Sunday and she was definitely under the influence of something

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #742 on: January 27, 2009, 10:30:03 AM »

Sunny,  My experience with addiction not heroin is alcohol, benzos and opiates (although herion is a form of opiate..it turns to morphine in the liver).  1) If not monitored very carefully methodone or subutex (both of which  my son took and both highly addictive as well) can be very dangerous.  2)Heroin addiction is extremely hard to over come outside of an inpatient treatment program.  Withdrawal from Heroin is so painful that addicts continue to use.  Withdrawal can also result in death if not monitored carefully by trained professionals.  3)  Before entering a rehab (unless the are equiped with a detox unit) they would need to go through a medically monitored detox.  4) DCF needs to be involved !! She is putting those children at risk every day.  5) Having DCF may be what she needs to hit her "Rock bottom".Most addicts will not go for help unless they hit  rock bottom and unfortuntally rock bottom for many is death.  6)  I strongly encourage your friend to go to al-anon (available in every community) for support and help for her family.  7) She cannot go on the word of the addict that she is not using...addicts lie period!  If she is not using she should be accepting of drug testing..if not go to the authorities.  It will probably be the hardest thing she has ever done in her life but she has to know that she could be saving her life and that of her children.

Interesting tidbit about Heroin:  In the early 1900 Bayer marketed Herion as a substitue for morphine addiction and it was used in cough medicine for children.  Hugh mistake for BAYER.

thanks Dottie..............yesterday we found out she was caught shoplifting various drugs at a local store....2 weeks ago and has a court date as well as having another court date for a ticket for speeding...........he saga continues.....I saw her on Sunday and she was definitely under the influence of something

I also have just alcohol experience - like that is not enough!    But I agree with what was said - you can not make an addict stop their addiction. No amount of scare tactics is going to make them stop. The best anyone in your friends position can do is to save the kids. Call CPS,  bribe the addict to sign them over - whatever you have to do to keep them safe. If the addict recovers they will appreciate it - if they don't the kids will be safe. My prayers are with you.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
NO1ZMONKEY
Monkey Junky Jr.

caylee marie is my hero

« Reply #743 on: January 27, 2009, 08:32:20 PM »

So i knew that SMS was a special site as soon as i became a member, and i didnt take it for granted. BUUUUT last month i found out my bitch (hey im using it appropriately) was preggers with my other chihuahua, so i was a happy little mommy. I jumped onto a forum while monkeying around and i posted a comment telling all how im expecting, and im super excited! I got lynched!! All those mean old ladies called me irresponsible, and cruel, and a horrible owner! i couldnt believe it! These woman are soo mean, so im coming on here to BLACKBALL chamdogforums, i was so scared i left. They were soooo mean!  ...but hey now i know there is no forum like the monkey forum!

"u are my sunshine, my only sunshine,  u make me happy when skies are gray,  u do not know dear how much i love  u, so please dont take Nans sunshine away." R.I.P Caylee. rot in jail KC
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #744 on: January 27, 2009, 08:44:50 PM »

So i knew that SMS was a special site as soon as i became a member, and i didnt take it for granted. BUUUUT last month i found out my bitch (hey im using it appropriately) was preggers with my other chihuahua, so i was a happy little mommy. I jumped onto a forum while monkeying around and i posted a comment telling all how im expecting, and im super excited! I got lynched!! All those mean old ladies called me irresponsible, and cruel, and a horrible owner! i couldnt believe it! These woman are soo mean, so im coming on here to BLACKBALL chamdogforums, i was so scared i left. They were soooo mean!  ...but hey now i know there is no forum like the monkey forum!
You will be a great doggy mama! I have only been a boy baby mama, so I don't know about being a doggy grandma. I just know you will be a good puppy mama. Don't listen to other people. You can deal with this, you aren't irresponsible. Take care of puppy mama! What did these people on the forum want you to do? F them. You are a good person to take care of your baby!!! JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
NO1ZMONKEY
Monkey Junky Jr.

caylee marie is my hero

« Reply #745 on: January 27, 2009, 08:48:40 PM »

You will be a great doggy mama! I have only been a boy baby mama, so I don't know about being a doggy grandma. I just know you will be a good puppy mama. Don't listen to other people. You can deal with this, you aren't irresponsible. Take care of puppy mama! What did these people on the forum want you to do? F them. You are a good person to take care of your baby!!! JSM
I was seriously petrified!! And there wasnt 1 positive feedback, it was like a bumrush of old hags being mean. they wanted me to buy a book *i downloaded it* and they were screaming and yelling(it felt like they were) for me to take her to the vet, as if i hadnt done that already. These woman are kooky! They have doggie csections, and have how to videos, what to and what not to do!! I was like, hmm i still go with my instincts, if she could get preggers, she can have puppies!

"u are my sunshine, my only sunshine,  u make me happy when skies are gray,  u do not know dear how much i love  u, so please dont take Nans sunshine away." R.I.P Caylee. rot in jail KC
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #746 on: January 28, 2009, 08:34:49 AM »

RUN KERMIE, RUN!! oops, I mean HOP REALLY FAST KERMIE...HOP!!

Frog legs for dinner?    Shocked
Study advises against it!
Up to 1 billion eaten each year, adding to other stresses like disease Shocked

Jan. 27, 2009
The world's frogs face yet another threat to their survival: overeating by humans.

A global team of researchers has estimated that the international trade in frog meat represents 200 million to 1 billion frogs eaten each year, or about 11,000 tons of frog meat.

The team analyzed commodity-trading data from the United Nations to obtain the best possible estimates of the international frog leg trade.

"We don't have the global culture of eating frogs in our minds," said study author Corey Bradshaw of the University of Adelaide in Australia. "We wouldn't consider them a staple, but for a lot of people in Asia and South America, it is a staple."

The largest destination for frog legs is, predictably, France. "Most people would probably be surprised that the U.S. is a very close second," Bradshaw said.

more at the link
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28876555/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #747 on: January 28, 2009, 11:37:32 AM »

First, give me credit for finding this thread so I don't go OT in the Caylee thread.
Second, I'm still recovering from the ba$++++ who totalled my car and rattled my brain.

So, this is my "whining because nobody pays attention to my posts" post. What, is it the KC voodoo avi? Man, that's pure art! The person who made it must have spent just ......minutes building it! It should be put in MOMA it's so great!

No, really, I just think those "nobody answers me, I'm invisible ...nobody likes me, I'll just go in the garden and eat worms" posts are so funny!

But now I know where totally OT posts go!!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #748 on: January 28, 2009, 12:26:47 PM »

First, give me credit for finding this thread so I don't go OT in the Caylee thread.
Second, I'm still recovering from the ba$++++ who totalled my car and rattled my brain.

So, this is my "whining because nobody pays attention to my posts" post. What, is it the KC voodoo avi? Man, that's pure art! The person who made it must have spent just ......minutes building it! It should be put in MOMA it's so great!

No, really, I just think those "nobody answers me, I'm invisible ...nobody likes me, I'll just go in the garden and eat worms" posts are so funny!

But now I know where totally OT posts go!!

Hi, Tevye.  Good job finding Musings!!

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #749 on: January 28, 2009, 01:11:42 PM »

Hi Tevye

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #750 on: January 28, 2009, 02:19:22 PM »

FOM? If you make it here, I wanted to deliver this.........

You had asked to get out of the tub, and  know you can't change on your own, but if you'd like, I'll get Klaas to do it. 

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/Valentine%20Avatar/vfom1-1.gif

Happy Valentine's Day!!
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #751 on: January 28, 2009, 02:37:08 PM »

I was seriously petrified!! And there wasnt 1 positive feedback, it was like a bumrush of old hags being mean. they wanted me to buy a book *i downloaded it* and they were screaming and yelling(it felt like they were) for me to take her to the vet, as if i hadnt done that already. These woman are kooky! They have doggie csections, and have how to videos, what to and what not to do!! I was like, hmm i still go with my instincts, if she could get preggers, she can have puppies!

I don't know you, BUT I will tell you what my Vet told me once. That many of these doggie do-gooders have more mouth and money than they have brains.

That said, you will be a FINE doggie Grandma, your little girl will deliver her pups just fine and all will be well.

Give that little Mama a huge hug

BTW, you are right with your instincts. Rarely are their problems, but keep your vets Tel no. handy just in case. My girls liked to "surprise" me by delivering in the middle of the night.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #752 on: January 28, 2009, 07:54:29 PM »

I also have just alcohol experience - like that is not enough!    But I agree with what was said - you can not make an addict stop their addiction. No amount of scare tactics is going to make them stop. The best anyone in your friends position can do is to save the kids. Call CPS,  bribe the addict to sign them over - whatever you have to do to keep them safe. If the addict recovers they will appreciate it - if they don't the kids will be safe. My prayers are with you.

Well CDC contacted her and have asked her to come in voluntarily for a drug test....it was supposed to take place on Tuesday...but we have had lots of snow and ice and the offices were closed yesterday and today.....she says she cant beat the test...I HOPE NOT!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #753 on: January 28, 2009, 07:57:04 PM »

FOM? If you make it here, I wanted to deliver this.........

You had asked to get out of the tub, and  know you can't change on your own, but if you'd like, I'll get Klaas to do it. 

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/Valentine%20Avatar/vfom1-1.gif

Happy Valentine's Day!!

CBB you are such a sweetheart!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

dottie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #754 on: January 28, 2009, 09:21:54 PM »

Well CDC contacted her and have asked her to come in voluntarily for a drug test....it was supposed to take place on Tuesday...but we have had lots of snow and ice and the offices were closed yesterday and today.....she says she cant beat the test...I HOPE NOT!!
Hey Sunny,  That's good that they are wanting to moniter her.  If she is saying that she can beat the test then someone needs to notify the CDC so they can take extra precautions.  There are many ways to beat some of the drug test but I don't know a bout herion.  I know you can beat a marajuana test by taking something that you can buy at GNC...and they will also use other peoples urine...put it in a vial and take it in the bathroom with them...take a small child in the bathroom and use theirs etc.  they can be very smart.  The best way to get accurate results is from an impromptu visit and not a scheduled one.  I hope she gets the help she needs and now that she is involved in the court system with the shoplifting charges maybe something can be court ordered for treatment and or monitoring.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #755 on: January 28, 2009, 09:42:48 PM »

HEy, you just told about something  that was sorta like a situation that just blew me and my daughter away.  She got a wheaton terrior about a year ago, when she first took her to the vet for shots and all, the vet said, when did she want to have her spayed. My daughter says that she was thinking about letting her have some pups.  You woulda thought she said she was going to blow up the Whitehouse. They acted like she was insane and that the cost would be astronomical if something went wrong???? WTH , she'a really smart, funny, healthy dog and my daughter is a really smart, funny, healthy girl sooooooooooo I think we can all handle it!!

Congrats on the new babies. When do you think they'll be here?
And also, you said that you live in Prunedale?  When my kids were growing up we lived on the central coast, Watsonville. EWWW, I detested the fog.
Love your wild n crazy posts, and you are a whizz at getting info, thanks from all the  jpeg,url,adobe or any other site  challenged  monkeys!!!!!!
 Janet
crazybabyborg
« Reply #756 on: January 29, 2009, 02:18:32 AM »

Chatting with IBE the other night has inspired me. Let's play Scared Monkeys Trivia. 

Some are current, some are not. I'm hoping both newer posters and those who have been here a while will get a kick out of it. Please, post your own brainstorms and see how many posters you can stump!! I'll get us going:

Do you know these Monkeys?

7. (hint: no, it's not me!)

8. What Monkey couple were surrounded by a heart of fire?

9. What Monkey's claim to fame was "Bless Your Heart" and a tiara?

10. What Monkey's name was both a means of transportation and squirrel food?

11. What Monkey made coffee mugs and t-shirt designs for us? I'm drinking from one right now!

I think the answers will surprise some of you!!     

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #757 on: January 29, 2009, 02:47:46 AM »

I think 4 is Angie....5 is our favorite ironing board mom....6 is Muffy.....9 was Darlene of Alabama

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #758 on: January 29, 2009, 02:55:29 AM »

I think 4 is Angie....5 is our favorite ironing board mom....6 is Muffy.....9 was Darlene of Alabama

You're good, Mere!! 

OK, Bonus round! Can you name this Monkey??

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #759 on: January 29, 2009, 04:51:17 AM »

Is number 7, Blonde?

I love stuff like this!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.