May 21, 2024, 12:59:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #38  (Read 394059 times)
cheerio
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1880 on: October 09, 2008, 11:38:40 PM »

OT for one moment please, is DH dear hubby or d*ck h*ad?  no one get mad please

OK  OK,   Now that is the funniest thing i have read here !!!

I guess it depends who you ask
  Whew! Or what day it is!
Hudsunn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1881 on: October 09, 2008, 11:38:40 PM »

BooMonkey, that info on sociopaths is very helpful.

Profile of the Sociopath

This website summarizes some of the common features of descriptions of the behavior of sociopaths.

* Glibness and Superficial Charm  (Casey certainly can run her mouth, spin fantastic tales, make up stories on the spot, and do it all with a smile and while cooking a big pasta dinner for Tony and his roomies.)

* Manipulative and Conning
      They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.  (We know that Casey callously used Jesse and his family, used Brittany as a free sitter while pretending to go to work, and used Amy's car and checkbook.)

* Grandiose Sense of Self
      Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."  (Casey obviously felt she had a right to other people's money, cars, gasoline, or whatever, without asking permission.)

* Pathological Lying
      Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.  (Casey even kept a notebook of "events" she was planning for her non-existent job.  She embellished every lie with little details, such as Zanny having a concussion and a laceration behind one ear and telling Amy that George had a mini-stroke and had to go to the hospital.)

* Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
      A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.  (Seeing her strut before the cameras shows that she has no shame or sense of remorse or concern for anyone she is hurting with her behavior.  It is all about her.)

* Shallow Emotions
      When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.  (Neighbors heard Casey screaming when she did not get her way, yet she shows no emotion about her daughter being gone.)

* Incapacity for Love  (Casey made people think she cared for Caylee, but did she really?  In emails, she showed that she saw Caylee as a burden.)

* Need for Stimulation
      Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common. (Well, we all know how promiscuous she was, sleeping with two men at a time and emailing or texting others.  The partying shows the need for stimulation and excitement.  I think she is enjoying this stage because the cameras are on her and she is big news.)

* Callousness/Lack of Empathy
      Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.  (Her mother is wasting away from anxiety.  Her dad is suffering.  Her friends are having problems.  Caylee is rotting somewhere.  But she shows no empathy at all.)

* Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
      Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.  (Her love/hate relationship with her mom.)

* Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
      Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.  (I would love to talk to some of her teachers.  Bet she was a liar and con artist even at an early age.)

* Irresponsibility/Unreliability
      Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.  (I think Cindy deserves part of the blame, but Casey still operates as a child with no real adult responsibilites.)

* Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
      Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts. (Bumping and grinding at Fusion, for instance, when her daughter is missing.)

* Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
      Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.  (Didn't bother to finish high school.  No job.  Living off her friends.  Stealing from everyone.)

* Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
      Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.   (No telling what she has done that we do not know about.  We know about stealing, forgery, lying, manipulating guys into thinking they are the father of Caylee or might be, playing one parent against the other, lying to LE, and oh, yeah, killing her daughter.)

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1882 on: October 09, 2008, 11:38:46 PM »

I  agree      double   wow!!!!!!!!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
SS
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1883 on: October 09, 2008, 11:39:34 PM »

Monken and Rob, thanks for the replies.  I don't think Casey can be found legally insane.  Andrea Yates had attempted suicide, went into catatonic states from time to time, had been on anti-psychotic medicines, etc.  I just wondered if Baez might try that.  I really doubt that Casey would ever admit to the crime anyway.  She thinks, it appears, that she can get away with it by strutting into court and charming the jury. 

I must say that I have never seen anyone quite like her.  She has some of the personality traits of Diane Downs who was convicted of killing one of her kids and attempting to kill the others. 

Casey is the oddest person I have ever come across in a case and I think Monken is right that her illness is more a personality disorder than a genuine mental illness.

She seems to have absolutely no shame. 

Lee's involvement is a puzzle to me.  I keep thinking about how he chuckled from time to time during the interview.  He even laughed out loud about his dad having to roll down the windows when driving the car with the horrid smell.  My Lord, that could have been the scent of decay from his own niece!  Yet he was laughing. 

I wonder why he would not submit dna and they had to get a warrant for it.  Was he just being beligerant?  If so, why?  Is something wrong with him, too?  If the cops ask for your dna, don't you just provide it, knowing they can get a warrant for it?

Such a really weird family.  And I see Cindy as the Queen Bee, hovering over them all.

I'm curious, since it's not considered a mental illness, which it should be, because of it's destructiveness caused to innocent people (OJ, Scott and Drew Peterson, also come to mind), if there is medication of some sort to control it, such as those for Bipolar, etc...  Is it a treatable if detected and stopped in time?

Hi Diannah - A sociopath is one of the most difficult of the disorders to treat because someone can't just grow a conscience.  Most sociopaths resist therapy and exhaust the poor therapist.  They feel no empathy for their victims and they usually have great disdain for the victims because they were dumb enough to let themseves be victimized.  Sometimes drug therapy can be helpful if the sociopath also has anxiety or mood disorders.
abbey09
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1884 on: October 09, 2008, 11:40:50 PM »

OK  OK,   Now that is the funniest thing i have read here !!!

I guess it depends who you ask
  Whew! Or what day it is!

LMAO  !!!   
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #1885 on: October 09, 2008, 11:41:26 PM »

I've been in lurk mode lately because of work and always trying to catch up.   But going to bed for another fun day on the job!   I will most definately be peaking in all day tomorrow, looking for some good news!

Good night sweet Monkeys and sweet dreams!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1886 on: October 09, 2008, 11:41:34 PM »

Sociopaths are "outstanding" members of society in two senses: politically, they command attention because of the inordinate amount of crime they commit, and psychologically, they elicit fascination because most of us cannot fathom the cold, detached way they repeatedly harm and manipulate others.

Whether criminal or not, sociopaths typically exhibit what is generally considered to be irresponsible and unreliable behavior; their attributes include egocentrism, an inability to form lasting personal commitments and a marked degree of impulsivity. Underlying a superficial veneer of sociability and charm, sociopaths are characterized by a deficit of the social emotions (love, shame, guilt, empathy, and remorse). On the other hand, they are not intellectually handicapped, and are often able to deceive and manipulate others through elaborate scams and ruses including fraud, bigamy, embezzlement, and other crimes which rely on the trust and cooperation of others. The sociopath is "aware of the discrepancy between his behavior and societal expectations, but he seems to be neither guided by the possibility of such a discrepancy, nor disturbed by its occurrence"

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
PJ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1887 on: October 09, 2008, 11:41:49 PM »

O/T - real quick please - Klaas, I sent you an email but can not check to see if you responded I am on a very low signal and I keep getting dropped!  All because a man that looked very hard up came to my door today and asked if he could trim my palm trees to earn some money.  I was very reluctant but felt sorry for him.  He came to the door asked for his money and abruptly left!  Come to find out, he cut right through our cable line!  No TV, No internet. 

MyTime,

That is just awful.  Are the Electric company repair men headed over? 
Good Luck on getting back to full power.

PJ flower

Not all of us have to possess earthshaking talent. Just common sense and love will do. <br />- Myrtle Auvil
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1888 on: October 09, 2008, 11:42:09 PM »

I still say Baez will NOT be Casey's attorney at trial. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of his league. Casey might be actually wise to keep him though --- the case would be ripe for appeal due to "ineffective counsel". 

lula
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1889 on: October 09, 2008, 11:42:42 PM »

I have read a few things about post-partum psychosis.  Some people think that Andrea Yates, the woman who drowned her five children in the bathtub, suffered from it. 

People who are bipolar or have other mental or emotional problems are more prone to develop it after childbirth, but Casey did not have the typical symptoms.  As far as I know, pathological lying and wanting to party a lot are not symptoms.

But breaks with reality are the main symptoms, as well as feelings of being an inferior mother and hearing voices, delusions, and of course suicidal and homicidal thoughts of killing the baby.

I am not suggesting this as a possibility and it may be that Baez plans to defend Casey as being totally innocent, no matter what the evidence.  Still, I think we all know that his only possible defense of her is something along the lines of a mental illness or breakdown, and clearly she does not behave like a normal person in any sense of the word.

I have no idea if she would qualify as someone who had post-partum psychosis.  It has occurred to me that Baez might want to use that defense, especially in light of Cindy claiming that it all started after the baby was born.

I totally agree that Casey knows the difference between right and wrong and does not exhibit the severe symptoms that go along with psychosis, as far as we know, such as hallucinations, hearing voices, going into catatonic states, etc.

But when I think of her having a notebook listing lots of info about events she was planning for her non-existent job...well, it sure seems that she is sick in the head to me.

I stated something similar to this earlier today and was shot down with "she's not sick she' s evil" kind of comment. I think she is Bipolar. Her lack of sleep, just look at those phone logs. Not saying illness is an excuse for criminal activity. If she killed Caylee she is guilty, but also sick.

Having lived with a true bi-polar for 20+ years, I respectfully disagree with you Lula.

Ok. 
There are two kinds of Bipolar as I understand. The Highs are not as high in one, but the lows are similar. In women the hormonal fluctuations can really cause havoc.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1890 on: October 09, 2008, 11:43:00 PM »

cell number one had no desk for her laptop. She won't pick that one. And the toilet was like right out front - she won't want cell number one.

the others had the toilet by her head on her bed - she won't like that either.

it's such a tuff choice. 

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #1891 on: October 09, 2008, 11:43:42 PM »

Monken and Rob, thanks for the replies.  I don't think Casey can be found legally insane.  Andrea Yates had attempted suicide, went into catatonic states from time to time, had been on anti-psychotic medicines, etc.  I just wondered if Baez might try that.  I really doubt that Casey would ever admit to the crime anyway.  She thinks, it appears, that she can get away with it by strutting into court and charming the jury. 

I must say that I have never seen anyone quite like her.  She has some of the personality traits of Diane Downs who was convicted of killing one of her kids and attempting to kill the others. 

Casey is the oddest person I have ever come across in a case and I think Monken is right that her illness is more a personality disorder than a genuine mental illness.

She seems to have absolutely no shame. 

Lee's involvement is a puzzle to me.  I keep thinking about how he chuckled from time to time during the interview.  He even laughed out loud about his dad having to roll down the windows when driving the car with the horrid smell.  My Lord, that could have been the scent of decay from his own niece!  Yet he was laughing. 

I wonder why he would not submit dna and they had to get a warrant for it.  Was he just being beligerant?  If so, why?  Is something wrong with him, too?  If the cops ask for your dna, don't you just provide it, knowing they can get a warrant for it?

Such a really weird family.  And I see Cindy as the Queen Bee, hovering over them all.

I'm curious, since it's not considered a mental illness, which it should be, because of it's destructiveness caused to innocent people (OJ, Scott and Drew Peterson, also come to mind), if there is medication of some sort to control it, such as those for Bipolar, etc...  Is it a treatable if detected and stopped in time?

Hi Diannah - A sociopath is one of the most difficult of the disorders to treat because someone can't just grow a conscience.  Most sociopaths resist therapy and exhaust the poor therapist.  They feel no empathy for their victims and they usually have great disdain for the victims because they were dumb enough to let themseves be victimized.  Sometimes drug therapy can be helpful if the sociopath also has anxiety or mood disorders.

Thanks SS,   maybe a labotomy should be mandated to protect the innocent? 

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Hudsunn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1892 on: October 09, 2008, 11:43:59 PM »

Rob, I felt when the detective said to Cindy or George that Lee "should have gone into law enforcement," Lee was being facetious.  He and the other LE must have thought it odd that Lee was so intent on doing his own investigation, even going over to Tony's that night and effectively tampering with evidence by collecting Casey's things.  He then went out of his way to question witnesses and make a timeline.  Don't police get suspicious when people are too helpful or try to do their jobs for them?  Lee started insinuating himself into the investigation right away.
Lisa39
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1893 on: October 09, 2008, 11:44:02 PM »

That made me smile!  Could be one in the same...   
I  think it depends on rather you are loving him at the time you say it or hating him........they are good initials they fit both................

LMAO I always thought it meant dk head lol honestly I did guess my marriage ain't all roses lmao

Tim and Tes will bring you home Sweet One!!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1894 on: October 09, 2008, 11:44:59 PM »

I've been in lurk mode lately because of work and always trying to catch up.   But going to bed for another fun day on the job!   I will most definately be peaking in all day tomorrow, looking for some good news!

Good night sweet Monkeys and sweet dreams!

Nite Dihannah!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1895 on: October 09, 2008, 11:46:35 PM »

Prior to jumping on the "poor George" bandwagon ... stop and think.  It was George who had an internet gambling addiction ... it was George who had a long time internet affair.

Maybe Cindy sincerely felt she had no choice but to be controlling and ... take charge of the family finances and assets.  Maybe Cindy sincerely felt she had no choice but to be on top of George's movements ... the trust had gone out of their relationship.

Maybe Cindy sincerely felt she had no choice but to try and control Casey's lifestyle ... a lifestyle that did not reflect a parental role. 

Cindy was hardworking.  Cindy was faithful.  Cindy provided the stability in Caylee's world.

I believe it was Cindy alone who was the glue that desperately attempted to hold that family together but ... in her way of thinking it meant taking control and ... for assuming that responsibility ... rather than credit ... she is perceived from the outside as being the bad guy.

When it was obvious to Cindy that Casey was the reason she would never again embrace her precious grandaughter ... I wished that she had come to the realization that she did not have control and ... said "enough is enough ... Casey you are on your own."  If she has been privy to info that either George or Lee was involved in the coverup .... again she should have relinquish her perception of control and ... let the pieces fall where they may.

Cindy worked so hard at attempting to control the actions of George and Casey but ... failed to realize that she only has the power to control her own reactions by establishing the boundaries and ... giving them the freedom to comply or ... leave.

Janet

Janet, you make some interesting points. I had forgotten about the Internet and gambling stuff.

stayhomemommy ... thank you so much for your response.

GOOD NIGHT MONKEYS!!!

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
abbey09
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1896 on: October 09, 2008, 11:48:09 PM »

That made me smile!  Could be one in the same...   
I  think it depends on rather you are loving him at the time you say it or hating him........they are good initials they fit both................

LMAO I always thought it meant dk head lol honestly I did guess my marriage ain't all roses lmao

also usful when speaking of past or present marriage.  lol
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1897 on: October 09, 2008, 11:49:39 PM »

O/T - real quick please - Klaas, I sent you an email but can not check to see if you responded I am on a very low signal and I keep getting dropped!  All because a man that looked very hard up came to my door today and asked if he could trim my palm trees to earn some money.  I was very reluctant but felt sorry for him.  He came to the door asked for his money and abruptly left!  Come to find out, he cut right through our cable line!  No TV, No internet. 

MyTime,

That is just awful.  Are the Electric company repair men headed over? 
Good Luck on getting back to full power.

PJ flower

yikes. when we remodeled this summer, my son ran over the cable wires with the riding mower that the siding people had left laying on the ground when they took them off the side of the house.

It was a Sunday before Memorial Day, so we were without cable and the internet till Tuesday. I feel your pain.

I hope you called and reported the dude to the police.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1898 on: October 09, 2008, 11:49:50 PM »

I just now read that George is supposedly testifying for the PROSECUTION. I mayneed to re-consider IF true.
Is the mayneed kin to the butthen????????

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Colt45cal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1899 on: October 09, 2008, 11:50:23 PM »

Prior to jumping on the "poor George" bandwagon ... stop and think.  It was George who had an internet gambling addiction ... it was George who had a long time internet affair.

Maybe Cindy sincerely felt she had no choice but to be controlling and ... take charge of the family finances and assets.  Maybe Cindy sincerely felt she had no choice but to be on top of George's movements ... the trust had gone out of their relationship.

Maybe Cindy sincerely felt she had no choice but to try and control Casey's lifestyle ... a lifestyle that did not reflect a parental role. 

Cindy was hardworking.  Cindy was faithful.  Cindy provided the stability in Caylee's world.

I believe it was Cindy alone who was the glue that desperately attempted to hold that family together but ... in her way of thinking it meant taking control and ... for assuming that responsibility ... rather than credit ... she is perceived from the outside as being the bad guy.

When it was obvious to Cindy that Casey was the reason she would never again embrace her precious grandaughter ... I wished that she had come to the realization that she did not have control and ... said "enough is enough ... Casey you are on your own."  If she has been privy to info that either George or Lee was involved in the coverup .... again she should have relinquish her perception of control and ... let the pieces fall where they may.

Cindy worked so hard at attempting to control the actions of George and Casey but ... failed to realize that she only has the power to control her own reactions by giving them the choice to change or she was out of their lives.

Janet

You are 100% correct. This being said, How many here (self included) have done things in our lives that we have not been very proud of??  What George has done, is not very unique. In fact, I've seen much worse than this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.