May 13, 2024, 11:37:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittanee Marie Drexel, missing since 4/25/09 from Myrtle Beach, SC  (Read 726697 times)
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #420 on: May 13, 2009, 04:39:40 PM »

You are right, Dolce, and reading what you just posted he sounds wise beyond his years and very caring.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #421 on: May 13, 2009, 04:52:20 PM »

Great post Lovinlife...thanks for putting that together.  I hope this girl is found soon. 
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #422 on: May 13, 2009, 06:21:43 PM »

He looks like a typical "jock" to me, but then again thats just my opinion.  He is not lacking in the looks department, I will say that much!
True Dolce, but do you think, reading the other boys comments, that perhaps Brittanee crossed the line by going to the other boys hotel room and maybe she was taught a lesson?
Its a possibility, but I do not think so.  If she were afraid of her BF or had any indication that it could be crossing a line then she would not have gone in the first place out of fear of what he might think.
She has been with this guy for 2.5 years, and he is not small by any means.  I just wonder if she had not fallen into a pattern of being "comfortable" and feeling "safe" because she was with this guy and he was always her big "protector" that while out and about she let her guard down a bit.  I dont know, but I just dont believe that BF had anything to do with this.

The quotes from the other guys look like they were made in January and February, long before she went missing.  Am I reading that right?

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #423 on: May 13, 2009, 06:36:17 PM »

Did anyone notice on the myspace profile page he had put he was married?

He is not married, right? maybe he meant taken, or he and Brittanee had plans to marry? 

I don't think he had anything to do with this. Did he know she was going down there? From what I understand no.

I really think Brittanee was in the wrong place at the wrong time and was taken by a person who either didn't know her or had seen her at the club she was at.

The group of girls  Brittanee was hanging with? typical stuck up, party gals, selfish and only thinking of themselves, boys and their next party place. The boys she met up with? Young and stupid. In my opinion, nothing equals they would have her vanish.  But who knows...
bikerbev
Monkey Junky

« Reply #424 on: May 14, 2009, 05:26:31 AM »

Did anyone notice on the myspace profile page he had put he was married?

He is not married, right? maybe he meant taken, or he and Brittanee had plans to marry? 

I don't think he had anything to do with this. Did he know she was going down there? From what I understand no.

I really think Brittanee was in the wrong place at the wrong time and was taken by a person who either didn't know her or had seen her at the club she was at.

The group of girls  Brittanee was hanging with? typical stuck up, party gals, selfish and only thinking of themselves, boys and their next party place. The boys she met up with? Young and stupid. In my opinion, nothing equals they would have her vanish.  But who knows...
It makes me suspcious about the girls she went with because it was said that they weren't her close friends, just some girls she knew so I got the impression Britney was just getting a ride with them but not hanging around them once she was down there, but I don't know.  But the thing that makes me suspcious about those girls was that one of them called Brit to come back to the motel to  give her back her black shorts.  It sounds to me almost like some sort of set up.  Did Peter call Brit to come to his hotel and then those girls call Brit back to their hotel and had an ambush set up somewhere inbetween??  That's what it sounds like to me.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #425 on: May 14, 2009, 09:23:15 AM »

I agree, too many unanswered questions. I'm not getting a good feeling on this. I am going to go to Ocean Blvd tomorrow morning after the kids go to school and walk this journey that she did and time it for myself.

Looking at the surveilance video, it appears to be light outside, which contradicts the time given. It could be lighting inside the hotel but I need to see for myself.

Did you get to area yet to check it out?  Is there any way that you can tell where the surveilance of her walking was taken? 

I'm wondering if the time stamp on the video is not set to daylight savings time?

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #426 on: May 14, 2009, 09:27:49 AM »

Brittanee is a darling girl...sounds like she is a very sweet girl...sorry for her family that they are away from each other...

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #427 on: May 14, 2009, 09:32:48 AM »

You wonder why some cases stick to you like glue...like this one.

I feel really old when I look at these kids on spring break and their myspace accounts.  I see video's posted on youtube of a bunch of girls beating up one singled out girl.  Things just weren't like that when I was coming of age...

I do remember driving to MB (12 hrs) alone after I found out my bf was cheating when I was 19.  I thought it was the greatest place to clear my head and seek solitude.  One of the dumbest things I ever did looking back.  Maybe Brittanee was trying to find some solitude when she left NY?

I'm leaving for MB on 6/6/09 and as much as I wish I could spend my one week/year vacation looking for Brittanee, my family would think I'm completely crazy.  I would like to attend a vigil and see if I can bring back anything new.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #428 on: May 14, 2009, 12:37:24 PM »

Breaking noon News on WIS-TV in Columbia S.C. A possible siting of Britanee in Soscatee S.C. Surveillance video from a conveince store looks like her. Was seen leaving in a red dodge stratus, New York Tag number EJS9543.

Can't find it on their website yet. www.WISTV.com
Gives hope that she is still alive.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #429 on: May 14, 2009, 12:39:27 PM »

Fox News had a short blurb a while ago that there was a possible siting of her, but I have seen nothing since.  I am praying there is good news soon.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #430 on: May 14, 2009, 12:46:03 PM »

http://www.scnow.com/scp/news/local/grand_strand/article/police_investigating_possible_drexel_sighting_in_horry_county/50335/

Police investigate possible Drexel sighting in Horry County
By Rusty Ray
WBTW Anchor/Producer
Published: May 14, 2009

Working off of a tip, Myrtle Beach police are investigating another possible sighting of missing New York teenager Brittanee Drexel.

According to Capt. David Knipes, someone called police to report seeing a girl matching Drexel’s description getting into a car at the Scotchman store at the corner of Old Highway 544 and Socastee Boulevard around 8:30 a.m.

The vehicle is described as a red, 4-door Dodge Stratus, with New York license number EJS 9543.

Knipes said a detective would head to the store Thursday morning to review any surveillance video the store may have captured.

Count on News13 and scnow.com for the very latest.

Comments:

Posted by ( jbjb ) on May 14, 2009 at 11:34 am

No way she could elude an all out search for this long, I believe it is a false sighting.Hopefully the Scotchman store video will show it is her, but it is highly inprobable.

Report Inappropriate Comment

Posted by ( commonsense ) on May 14, 2009 at 11:06 am

I also hope that girl was Brittanee and that she is found soon.  No parent deserves what these parents are going through.  ( I do agree with you though “darlingtonsc”)

Report Inappropriate Comment

Posted by ( darlingtonsc ) on May 14, 2009 at 10:54 am

i hope that this is her therefore that being said if it is her she needs to get a good a@@ whipping from her dad for putting her family trough all the fear and the police for all the hours spent looking for her

califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #431 on: May 14, 2009, 01:01:43 PM »

I hope and pray that it is Brittanee.

Sending prayers to her and her family.

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #432 on: May 14, 2009, 01:06:34 PM »

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/Police-Say-Possible-Brittanee-Drexel-Sighting-Is/3aCd1AifeUWyFzFlRLjQwg.cspx

Police Say Possible Brittanee Drexel Sighting Is Unconfirmed

Last Update: 12:33 pm 

Print Story | Share this Story   

File Photo of Brittanee Drexel (Socastee, S.C.) – Horry County police received a call around 8:30 a.m. Thursday morning about a possible sighting of Brittanee Drexel, the missing 17-year-old from Chili, who disappeared there on April 25.

Myrtle Beach police said a person reported someone matching Drexel's description came into the Scotchman convenience store in Socastee, S.C., located just outside Myrtle Beach. The person then left in a red Dodge Stratus with New York license plates.

Myrtle Beach police reviewed the store’s surveillance tape and said they have no indication at this time that it's Drexel.

The police are getting reports of numerous sightings every day, and they take all of them seriously.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #433 on: May 14, 2009, 01:12:02 PM »

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S930398.shtml?cat=566

www.whec.com
Posted at: 05/14/2009 11:23 AM | WHEC.com

Updated at: 05/14/2009 12:35 PM

Possible sighting of Brittanee Drexel at convenience store in SC 

News 10NBC has confirmed a possible sighting of Brittanee Drexel in South Carolina.

The district manager of a convenience store called Scotchman in the town of Socastee, South Carolina says an employee of the store called police reporting a woman fitting Brittanee's description came into the store at 8:30 this morning.

The woman used the ATM in the store and left in a red Dodge Stratus with New York license plates.

Seventeen-year-old Drexel disappeared on April 25 after she went to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina on Spring break. She hasn't been seen or heard from since. 

We will update you on News 10NBC at 5 and 6 and on www.whec.com.

For more Rochester, N.Y. news go to our website www.whec.com.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #434 on: May 14, 2009, 01:12:27 PM »

They have the license plate number..
Very easy to confirm.
califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #435 on: May 14, 2009, 01:17:49 PM »

Since this person used the ATM then LE can check her cc or debit card for any transactions, right? 

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #436 on: May 14, 2009, 01:47:30 PM »

Hoping for update on this sighting but a lot of people would fit Brittanee's "description" so not too hopeful on this one especially with the use of the ATM machine, etc. as I am sure LE would be monitoring that continually.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #437 on: May 14, 2009, 01:50:59 PM »

Hoping for update on this sighting but a lot of people would fit Brittanee's "description" so not too hopeful on this one especially with the use of the ATM machine, etc. as I am sure LE would be monitoring that continually.

That's what I thinking too.  I sure wish it was her, though.

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #438 on: May 14, 2009, 02:04:23 PM »

That's what I thinking too.  I sure wish it was her, though.
The free standing ATM machines normally found in convenience stores many times do not have cameras.  I do not use them for that very reason.

numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #439 on: May 14, 2009, 02:09:04 PM »

You wonder why some cases stick to you like glue...like this one.

I feel really old when I look at these kids on spring break and their myspace accounts.  I see video's posted on youtube of a bunch of girls beating up one singled out girl.  Things just weren't like that when I was coming of age...

I do remember driving to MB (12 hrs) alone after I found out my bf was cheating when I was 19.  I thought it was the greatest place to clear my head and seek solitude.  One of the dumbest things I ever did looking back.  Maybe Brittanee was trying to find some solitude when she left NY?

I'm leaving for MB on 6/6/09 and as much as I wish I could spend my one week/year vacation looking for Brittanee, my family would think I'm completely crazy.  I would like to attend a vigil and see if I can bring back anything new.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hey Little Monkey...I don't have any suggestions, but I would like your opinion on why Brit wanted to go to MB without her family or close friends.  Maybe I'm wrong, but from my understanding she really didn't know the girls she road with all that well.  I hope LE has checked computers, etc. to see if she was talking with someone online and going to meet up with them in MB.  I know things are very different today for young people, but with what we know, her trip doesn't really make sense to me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.