May 03, 2024, 01:18:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #5 7/11/10 - 7/13/10  (Read 216645 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #880 on: July 13, 2010, 07:22:33 PM »

I cannot get this to play from their site. Would someone mind posting the video? Please?
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #881 on: July 13, 2010, 07:24:30 PM »

This is all JMVHO but the campaign against Terri Horman seems rather "influenced" but by what, who and even more...why?

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #882 on: July 13, 2010, 07:24:53 PM »

It is said MC planned the vigil? I thought it was a girl from Kaines High School. Did they plan it together? Do we have that article somewhere?

Along with two others, Cook, who is divorced with a son, helped organize the first vigil for Kyron. He was later seen at Kaine and Terri's home after Kaine moved out, picking up the mail and bringing in food and drink to Terri, her friends and relatives. He told The Oregonian he was just trying to be supportive in a time of need.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyrons_stepmom_wont_contest_he.html

d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #883 on: July 13, 2010, 07:26:52 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98369319.html

Terri now wants money from Kaine

By Thom Jensen KATU News and KATU.com Staff

PORTLAND, Ore. - In the ongoing saga surrounding the disappearance of 7-year-old Kyron Horman, the boy's stepmother is now wanting money from her estranged husband, Kaine Horman, to move out of the family home.

Kaine was asked to cough up the cash Tuesday afternoon as attorneys for both parties appeared before a judge.

Kaine's attorney, Laura Rackner, said her client is not willing to hand over money to Terri.

"He would like some cooperation from her first," she said. "He would like to know where his son is."

Terri's attorney, Stephen Houze, did not give any information to the media on Tuesday, saying it would be unethical to comment on any aspects of his client's case.

The two sides will be back in court next week for a hearing on the eviction and custody case filed by Kaine.

Kyron disappeared June 4 after attending a science fair and investigators say Terri was the last known person to have seen him. The search for the Skyline School second-grader is now a criminal investigation but no suspects have been named and no arrests have been made.

Terri has come under severe scrutiny in recent weeks both in the public eye and from Kyron's biological mother, Desiree Young, who has gone on camera pleading with Terri to "do the right thing" and has publicly said that she believes Terri is lying. Kaine said during a recent news conference that Terri had failed two polygraphs.

Investigators have been tight-lipped about the case. Family members say they are confident that law enforcement is doing everything they can to help bring Kyron home.

This story is in progress and will be updated...

So is she not going to move out?  Wanna bet no money no move out?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #884 on: July 13, 2010, 07:30:14 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #885 on: July 13, 2010, 07:31:04 PM »

Gonna find out if Oregon has spousal support, in TX if the other spouse doesn't work, stayed home they get support.  Do not think Terri's lawyer would ask if that wasn't in the divorce law.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #886 on: July 13, 2010, 07:32:25 PM »

Gonna find out if Oregon has spousal support, in TX if the other spouse doesn't work, stayed home they get support.  Do not think Terri's lawyer would ask if that wasn't in the divorce law.

http://www.divorcesource.com/info/divorcelaws/oregon.shtml

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #887 on: July 13, 2010, 07:32:28 PM »

Video of the attorneys for Kaine Horman and Terri Moulton Horman speak about the latest developments - http://bit.ly/aklHVH

BUMP.

Kaine's attorney mentions Terri possibly asking for money in the video above.

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #888 on: July 13, 2010, 07:38:24 PM »

Video of the attorneys for Kaine Horman and Terri Moulton Horman speak about the latest developments - http://bit.ly/aklHVH

BUMP.

Before I even post this... just want you to know I really don't think TH is innocent.  I do believe she has done SOMETHING.  However, if you think about this like she is innocent then:

When her daughter and husband is gone and she realizes Kaine is taking her daughter away, the normal thing would be for her to go where she thinks the daughter might be to get her back.  It is not abduction perse... it is a mother wanting her daughter.  Nobody has been given legal custody of the daughter at that point nor has a restraining order been served.

Second thing is, if your husband files for divorce, takes your daughter and starts making accusations, then wants the house it would be normal for you to want your half, particularly if he was the one who left the home. 

Just trying to look at this in a light from both ways..... don't shoot me!   

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #889 on: July 13, 2010, 07:47:23 PM »

Should get anything NO, but she hasn't been named a suspect or accused by police...
The court can order alimony or spousal support, which is an amount of money for a period of time that one spouse contributes to the other, to either spouse in Oregon. Spousal support is not based on the fault of either spouse in causing grounds for dissolution of marriage. The award may be as a lump sum or installments. The court may order transitional spousal support, compensatory spousal support or spousal maintenance.

Another thing that house even though in Kaine's name has to be split I do believe?  Even "if" he bought it before they were married after he bought the house...

In Oregon, assets and debts acquired during your marriage - called "marital property" - will be divided "equitably" when you divorce. All of the property owned by you and your spouse is subject to division by the court, including any inheritance or gifts received prior or during the marriage may be considered for distribution. Whether your property is held jointly or individually, there is a presumption that both you and your spouse contributed equally to the acquisition of any property, unless one of you proves otherwise.

http://research.lawyers.com/Oregon/Divorce-in-Oregon.html

A guest describing Terri as the following by Ann Rule and Pat Brown said on JVM by ---   does Terri drink....
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #890 on: July 13, 2010, 07:53:15 PM »

BUMP.

Before I even post this... just want you to know I really don't think TH is innocent.  I do believe she has done SOMETHING.  However, if you think about this like she is innocent then:

When her daughter and husband is gone and she realizes Kaine is taking her daughter away, the normal thing would be for her to go where she thinks the daughter might be to get her back.  It is not abduction perse... it is a mother wanting her daughter.  Nobody has been given legal custody of the daughter at that point nor has a restraining order been served.

Second thing is, if your husband files for divorce, takes your daughter and starts making accusations, then wants the house it would be normal for you to want your half, particularly if he was the one who left the home.  

Not shooting you but technically, she has no right to the house.  The house was purchased before they got married and is in Kaine's name only.  
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #891 on: July 13, 2010, 07:53:35 PM »

maybe I am drinkin LOL--- Ann Rule and Pat Brown said,

This is a woman who thinks everything is about her everyone is just a card board cut out a little cartoon character around their universe which revolves around them.

I don't get it? 
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #892 on: July 13, 2010, 07:56:38 PM »

BUMP.

Before I even post this... just want you to know I really don't think TH is innocent.  I do believe she has done SOMETHING.  However, if you think about this like she is innocent then:

When her daughter and husband is gone and she realizes Kaine is taking her daughter away, the normal thing would be for her to go where she thinks the daughter might be to get her back.  It is not abduction perse... it is a mother wanting her daughter.  Nobody has been given legal custody of the daughter at that point nor has a restraining order been served.

Not shooting you but technically, she has no right to the house.  The house was purchased before they got married and is in Kaine's name only.  

I don't know about the laws in Oregon but in Texas anything you have becomes mutual property and upon a divorce it is split.  Unless of course there is a prenup.....  It really doesn't matter in Texas whose name the house is in if you are living in it together as man and wife.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #893 on: July 13, 2010, 07:58:15 PM »

Do I think TH has a right to the house or money from the house... NO but that is just my opinion.  I am trying to examine things from all sides.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #894 on: July 13, 2010, 08:00:16 PM »

O/T: Klaas, server going down again tonight? Do you know what time is scheduled?

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #895 on: July 13, 2010, 08:02:56 PM »

BUMP.

I don't know about the laws in Oregon but in Texas anything you have becomes mutual property and upon a divorce it is split.  Unless of course there is a prenup.....  It really doesn't matter in Texas whose name the house is in if you are living in it together as man and wife.

Texas is a Community Property State.

Oregon is not.

Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #896 on: July 13, 2010, 08:04:41 PM »

I re-checked the articles and TH did not simply call in to make an inquiry at the gym. She actually went there in person to ask them to call her if her Husband KH and Daughter arrived.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/mediacenter/default.aspx?articleID=17188

"In addition, the court filing stated that a clerk at a gym frequented by the Hormans said Terri came there on about June 28, before the restraining order was in place, and tried to “abduct” Kiara Harmon, in the words of the gym worker. Terri reportedly asked specifically when Kaine was there working out and to let her know the next time he appeared. The clerk told the manager what happened and the manager then contacted police."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With what we are being told even here this does not equate to an abduction attempt and for that matter, where is the immediate cause for serious concern?

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #897 on: July 13, 2010, 08:06:11 PM »

Do I think TH has a right to the house or money from the house... NO but that is just my opinion.  I am trying to examine things from all sides.

The house IS NOT marital property because it was purchased solely by Kaine prior to their marriage.  Therefore, technically Terri doesn't get any value from the property.

http://www.divorcesource.com/info/divorcelaws/oregon.shtml

Property Distribution: Since Oregon is an "equitable distribution" state, the marital property shall be divided in an equitable fashion. Equitable does not mean equal, but rather what is fair. The court will encourage the parties to reach a settlement on property and debt issues otherwise the court will declare the property award.

In dividing, awarding and distributing the real and personal property (or both) of the parties (or either of them) between the parties, or in making such property or any of it subject to a trust, and in fixing the amount and duration of the contribution one party is to make to the support of the other, the court shall not consider the fault, if any, of either of the parties in causing grounds for the annulment or dissolution of the marriage or for separation.

For the division or other disposition between the parties of the real or personal property, or both, of either or both of the parties as may be just and proper in all the circumstances. A retirement plan or pension or an interest therein shall be considered as property. The court shall consider the contribution of a spouse as a homemaker as a contribution to the acquisition of marital assets. There is a rebuttable presumption that both spouses have contributed equally to the acquisition of property during the marriage, whether such property is jointly or separately held. (Oregon Statutes - Volume 2 - Sections: 107.036, 107.105)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #898 on: July 13, 2010, 08:07:35 PM »

O/T: Klaas, server going down again tonight? Do you know what time is scheduled?

I'm not sure.  I know about 30 minutes ago they worked on something.  When it does go down for the OS upgrade we will be down over 4 hours.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #899 on: July 13, 2010, 08:07:37 PM »

It is said MC planned the vigil? I thought it was a girl from Kaines High School. Did they plan it together? Do we have that article somewhere?

Along with two others, Cook, who is divorced with a son, helped organize the first vigil for Kyron. He was later seen at Kaine and Terri's home after Kaine moved out, picking up the mail and bringing in food and drink to Terri, her friends and relatives. He told The Oregonian he was just trying to be supportive in a time of need.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyrons_stepmom_wont_contest_he.html

Who are the others? It would be interesting if they all planned on doing this together or if MC asked if he could help. I recall a video of a woman who had planned the first vigil. She said she knew Kaine from high school but wasn't really friends with him now. She felt badly for what happened and wanted to do something to help. So, does she know Michael Cook and she asked him to help? Where all of these people friends from high school?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.