May 22, 2024, 12:04:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD # 8  (Read 423922 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1220 on: November 13, 2009, 11:55:55 AM »

Dean Martin "That's Amore!"
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1AieUk2AH4w&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/1AieUk2AH4w&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1221 on: November 13, 2009, 11:59:03 AM »

Dean Martin - I have but one heart
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RW8WYw0GP40&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/RW8WYw0GP40&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1222 on: November 13, 2009, 12:01:14 PM »

The Brian Setzer Orchestra - Jump Jive An' Wail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMlc6Vw2tg8

Do No Evil 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1223 on: November 13, 2009, 12:02:04 PM »

This song has a special meaning for me as my birthday is in September. Frank Sinatra's version is disabled, but I like Willie's version even better.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7810J78TmbU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/7810J78TmbU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1224 on: November 13, 2009, 12:02:13 PM »

Jim Reeves - Have I Told You Lately That I Love You
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QYU3995mieo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/QYU3995mieo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>

Yes,I have the collector CD set.   

~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1225 on: November 13, 2009, 12:04:14 PM »

Fabby Mae  Can you find "Here's to the Winners" by Sinatra?  I love that song.

I'm still looking. 

I wish DEENIE was here. I am sure she could put her finger right on it. She's the DJ. I haven't been able to though. 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1226 on: November 13, 2009, 12:04:17 PM »

Benny Goodman & His Orchestra - Sing Sing Sing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwDN9UMMi3c

Do No Evil 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1227 on: November 13, 2009, 12:07:23 PM »

Jim Reeves - Have I Told You Lately That I Love You
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QYU3995mieo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/QYU3995mieo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>

Yes,I have the collector CD set.   

My younger sister loved Jim Reeves too.

CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1228 on: November 13, 2009, 12:08:28 PM »

Chicago: The Best Blues Bars
Having the Blues Never Felt So Good
 by Erica Walsh

As Robert Johnson said, Chicago is a "sweet home" for the blues. The emergence of blues culture in the Windy City began in the 1920s and coincided with a nationwide increase in musical performance and recording. This culture is alive and kicking today, and that's why we're taking you to five of Chicago's hottest blues bars.

Blue Chicago
Blue Chicago in the city's North River district has been a local favorite for over 12 years. For visitors, this is a great place to learn the story of Chicago blues. The walls of the club are adorned with the work of renowned artist John Carroll-Doyle and capture the spirit and history of the Chicago blues.

The club actually has 2 locations and between the 2 clubs you can hear blues musicians and vocalists every night of the week and one cover charge is good at both.

Rosa's Lounge
The New York Times calls Rosa's the best blues bar in Chicago and that's good enough for us. The bar is owned and operated by Tony, an Italian-born blues drummer who couldn't resist the pull of the Chicago blues scene. The bar's namesake is Tony's mother, who moved from Italy to Chicago with her son and still works behind the bar.

The family of blues performers that have taken to Rosa's stage include legends like David "Honeyboy" Edwards, Homesick James and Pinetop Perkins and Chicago blues modernists like Billy Branch, Melvin Taylor and Sugar Blue. Click here to see the full calendar of performers at Rosa's.

One more reason to spend at evening with Tony and Mama Rosa is the food. Experience authentic Italian dishes made with a mother's love. Book a private party at Rosa's Lounge and Mama Rosa will do the catering -- serving the house specialty Pasta Nonna, baked pasta with eggplants.

Lee's Unleaded Blues
On Chicago's Southside, Lee's Unleaded Blues is serving up authentic, old-school Chicago Blues. There are few concessions here -- the draw is the music, so pull up a stool at one of the two bars, and hang with the locals. The live shows begin promptly at 9 p.m., and the wireless microphones allow performers free range of the stage and club.

There's no cover at Lee's, but there's an easily met two-drink minimum. On Monday nights, there's often a soul-food buffet, so you might want to stroll in a little earlier than normal.

Open for 30 years and still going strong, Lee's is a favorite for music-loving Chicagoans. Music ranges from R&B to reggae and pure blues -- and the sounds only get bigger throughout the night, so come early and stay late.

Buddy Guy's Legends
Buddy Guy is a blues legend himself. A man crowned King of Chicago Electric Blues with over 50 years in the music business, Buddy is a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee and an idol to all guitar heroes. He opened Legends in June 1989, and since then his stage has been home to names like Van Morrison, Albert Collins, Bo Diddley, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Greg Allman and The Pointer Sisters. If you're a real Buddy Guy fan, then you'll want to head here in January during his annual block of concerts.

The menu features southern Cajun soul food that you can enjoy while taking in the amazing collection of guitars over the main bar -- signed by B.B. King, Carlos Santana, Eric Clapton, and Jimmy and Stevie Ray Vaughan. The bar area is the best place to hear the music, but be warned, it does have obstructed views.

With a front man like Buddy Guy, Legends is the place to hear some star-studded music.

Kingston Mines
Kingston Mines is the club that brought the blues to Chicago's North Side. It moved to its current location in 1980 after 20 years of operation and continues to nurture the Chicago blues culture. Music is played 7 nights a week here on two stages.

The main stage and north stage are continuously graced with some of the best in the business and on Thursday nights, early birds can enjoy an acoustic set.

The club also features the newly renovated Doc's Rib Joint, which serves up the city's best late-night barbecue. Come with some friends, and partake in the bar's nightly bucket-of-beer specials.

B.L.U.E.S
Another club on Chicago's North Side is B.L.U.E.S. In fact, on Sunday nights if you pay a cover at B.L.U.E.S. you can get into Kingston Mines for free. B.L.U.E.S. serves up local sounds 7 days a week.

The club's small tables create an intimate atmosphere and get packed on the weekends. You'll definitely make new friends and there's always the chance you'll share a drink with your favorite blues artist as they take in the scene at B.L.U.E.S.

If you've got friends in the area, bring them on Tuesday for Good Neighbor Night. Anyone who lives in zip codes 60614 and 60657 gets in for free.

Do No Evil 
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1229 on: November 13, 2009, 12:12:23 PM »

A little girl stood near a small church from which she had been turned away because it was 'too crowded.'

'I can't go to Sunday School,' she sobbed to the pastor as he walked by.

Seeing her shabby, unkempt appearance, the pastor guessed the reason and, taking her by the hand, took her inside and found a place for her in the Sunday school class. The child was so happy that they found room for her, and she went to bed that night thinking of the children who have no place to worship Jesus.

Some two years later, this child lay dead in one of the poor tenement buildings.. Her parents called for the kindhearted pastor who had befriended their daughter to handle the final arrangements.

As her poor little body was being moved, a worn and crumpled red purse was found which seemed to have been rummaged from some trash dump.

Inside was found 57 cents and a note, scribbled in childish handwriting, which read: 'This is to help build the little church bigger so more children can go to Sunday School.'

For two years she had saved for this offering of love.

When the pastor tearfully read that note, he knew instantly what he would do. Carrying this note and the cracked, red pocketbook to the pulpit, he told the story of her unselfish love and devotion.

He challenged his deacons to get busy and raise enough money for the larger building.

But the story does not end there...

A newspaper learned of the story and published It It was read by a wealthy realtor who offered them a parcel of land worth many thousands.

When told that the church could not pay so much, he offered to sell it to the little church for 57 cents.

Church members made large donations. Checks came from far and wide.
 Within five years the little girl's gift had increased to $250,000.00--a huge sum for that time (near the turn of the century). Her unselfish love had paid large dividends.

When you are in the city ofPhiladelphia , look up Temple Baptist Church, with a seating capacity of 3,300. And be sure to visit TempleUniversity, where thousands of students are educated.

Have a look, too, at the GoodSamaritan Hospital and at a Sunday School building which houses hundreds of beautiful children, built so that no child in the area will ever need to be left outside during Sunday school time.

In one of the rooms of this building may be seen the picture of the sweet face of the little girl whose 57 cents, so sacrificially saved, made such remarkable history. Alongside of it is a portrait of her kind pastor, Dr. Russell H. Conwell, author of the book, 'Acres of Diamonds'.

This is a true story, which goes to show WHAT GOD CAN DO WITH 57 CENTS.

an angelic monkey
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1230 on: November 13, 2009, 12:13:12 PM »

Fabby Mae  Can you find "Here's to the Winners" by Sinatra?  I love that song.

I'm still looking. 

I wish DEENIE was here. I am sure she could put her finger right on it. She's the DJ. I haven't been able to though. 

Frank Sinatra - Winners Lyrics
Album: Ol' Blue Eyes Is Back

Send “Winners” Ringtone to Your Cell

Those fingers in my hair
That sly come hither stare
That strips my conscience bare
It's witchcraft

And I've got no defense for it
The heat is too intense for it
What good would common sense for it do

'Cause it's witchcraft, wicked witchcraft
And although, I know, it's strictly taboo

When you arouse the need in my
My heart says yes indeed in me
Proceed with what your leading me to

It's such an ancient pitch
But one I wouldn't switch
'Cause there's no nicer witch than you

Do No Evil 
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1231 on: November 13, 2009, 12:15:58 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IoV0q_q6VCk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/IoV0q_q6VCk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1232 on: November 13, 2009, 12:16:41 PM »

SCAREY  an angelic monkey

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1233 on: November 13, 2009, 12:18:04 PM »

Frank Sinatra - Maybe This Time
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8GFltrdKhpo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/8GFltrdKhpo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>

~ Peter Frampton
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1234 on: November 13, 2009, 12:19:17 PM »

Here's to the winners, lift up the glasses
Here's to the glory still to be
Here's to the battle, whatever it's for
To ask the best of ourselves then give much more

Here's to the heroes, those who move mountains
Here's to the mountains they make us see
Here's to all brothers, here's to all people
Here's to the winners all of us can be.

Do No Evil 
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1235 on: November 13, 2009, 12:20:58 PM »

Babybear here is Vicki Carr singing Here's to the Winners.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/w-EPfDXw4LU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/w-EPfDXw4LU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1236 on: November 13, 2009, 12:22:19 PM »

Chicago: The Best Blues Bars
Having the Blues Never Felt So Good
 by Erica Walsh

As Robert Johnson said, Chicago is a "sweet home" for the blues. The emergence of blues culture in the Windy City began in the 1920s and coincided with a nationwide increase in musical performance and recording. This culture is alive and kicking today, and that's why we're taking you to five of Chicago's hottest blues bars.

Blue Chicago
Blue Chicago in the city's North River district has been a local favorite for over 12 years. For visitors, this is a great place to learn the story of Chicago blues. The walls of the club are adorned with the work of renowned artist John Carroll-Doyle and capture the spirit and history of the Chicago blues.

The club actually has 2 locations and between the 2 clubs you can hear blues musicians and vocalists every night of the week and one cover charge is good at both.

Rosa's Lounge
The New York Times calls Rosa's the best blues bar in Chicago and that's good enough for us. The bar is owned and operated by Tony, an Italian-born blues drummer who couldn't resist the pull of the Chicago blues scene. The bar's namesake is Tony's mother, who moved from Italy to Chicago with her son and still works behind the bar.

The family of blues performers that have taken to Rosa's stage include legends like David "Honeyboy" Edwards, Homesick James and Pinetop Perkins and Chicago blues modernists like Billy Branch, Melvin Taylor and Sugar Blue. Click here to see the full calendar of performers at Rosa's.

One more reason to spend at evening with Tony and Mama Rosa is the food. Experience authentic Italian dishes made with a mother's love. Book a private party at Rosa's Lounge and Mama Rosa will do the catering -- serving the house specialty Pasta Nonna, baked pasta with eggplants.

Lee's Unleaded Blues
On Chicago's Southside, Lee's Unleaded Blues is serving up authentic, old-school Chicago Blues. There are few concessions here -- the draw is the music, so pull up a stool at one of the two bars, and hang with the locals. The live shows begin promptly at 9 p.m., and the wireless microphones allow performers free range of the stage and club.

There's no cover at Lee's, but there's an easily met two-drink minimum. On Monday nights, there's often a soul-food buffet, so you might want to stroll in a little earlier than normal.

Open for 30 years and still going strong, Lee's is a favorite for music-loving Chicagoans. Music ranges from R&B to reggae and pure blues -- and the sounds only get bigger throughout the night, so come early and stay late.

Buddy Guy's Legends
Buddy Guy is a blues legend himself. A man crowned King of Chicago Electric Blues with over 50 years in the music business, Buddy is a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee and an idol to all guitar heroes. He opened Legends in June 1989, and since then his stage has been home to names like Van Morrison, Albert Collins, Bo Diddley, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Greg Allman and The Pointer Sisters. If you're a real Buddy Guy fan, then you'll want to head here in January during his annual block of concerts.

The menu features southern Cajun soul food that you can enjoy while taking in the amazing collection of guitars over the main bar -- signed by B.B. King, Carlos Santana, Eric Clapton, and Jimmy and Stevie Ray Vaughan. The bar area is the best place to hear the music, but be warned, it does have obstructed views.

With a front man like Buddy Guy, Legends is the place to hear some star-studded music.

Kingston Mines
Kingston Mines is the club that brought the blues to Chicago's North Side. It moved to its current location in 1980 after 20 years of operation and continues to nurture the Chicago blues culture. Music is played 7 nights a week here on two stages.

The main stage and north stage are continuously graced with some of the best in the business and on Thursday nights, early birds can enjoy an acoustic set.

The club also features the newly renovated Doc's Rib Joint, which serves up the city's best late-night barbecue. Come with some friends, and partake in the bar's nightly bucket-of-beer specials.

B.L.U.E.S
Another club on Chicago's North Side is B.L.U.E.S. In fact, on Sunday nights if you pay a cover at B.L.U.E.S. you can get into Kingston Mines for free. B.L.U.E.S. serves up local sounds 7 days a week.

The club's small tables create an intimate atmosphere and get packed on the weekends. You'll definitely make new friends and there's always the chance you'll share a drink with your favorite blues artist as they take in the scene at B.L.U.E.S.

If you've got friends in the area, bring them on Tuesday for Good Neighbor Night. Anyone who lives in zip codes 60614 and 60657 gets in for free.

I'm packing my bags. Which one are we gonna hit first??? 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1237 on: November 13, 2009, 12:23:48 PM »

Thanks Mission.that's the only version I found too.

Off to walk the Digger dog.   

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1238 on: November 13, 2009, 12:24:50 PM »

That's a great story ScareyCarrie    Hope your headaches are under control with your new meds.
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1239 on: November 13, 2009, 12:33:21 PM »

WHEN A SOLDIER COMES HOME
This email is being circulated around the world - please keep it going.

When a soldier comes home, he finds it hard....

....to listen to his son whine about being bored.

....to keep a straight face when people complain about potholes.

....to be tolerant of people who complain  about the hassle of getting ready for work.

....to be understanding when a co-worker complains about a bad night's sleep.

....to be silent when people pray to God for a new car.

....to control his panic when his wife tells him he needs to drive slower.

....to be compassionate when a businessman expresses a fear of flying.

....to keep from laughing when anxious parents say

they're afraid to send their kids off to summer camp.

....to keep from ridiculing someone who complains about hot weather.

....to control his frustration when a colleague gripes about his coffee being cold.

....to remain calm when his daughter complains about having to walk the dog.

....to be civil to people who complain about their jobs.

....to just walk away when someone says they

only get two weeks of vacation a year.

....to be forgiving when someone says how hard it is to have a new baby in the house.

The only thing harder than being a Soldier....

Is loving one. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.