May 02, 2024, 05:43:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexus Clarke, 14, MA Missing since 7am 5/22/08 (FOUND SAFE)  (Read 2629 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 22, 2008, 05:29:43 PM »

Boston Police looking for missing 14-year-old

May 22, 2008 03:57 PM
Boston Police are asking the State Police to issue an Amber Alert for a 14-year-old Dorchester girl who has been missing since 7 a.m. today. Amber Alerts are used to locate endangered children.

Boston Police identified the girl as Alexus Clarke, a resident of Monadnock Street. She is African-American, weighs 100 pounds, and stands about 4-feet-9. She was last seen wearing blue jeans, a black coat, and sneakers.

Anyone with information is asked to call Boston Police at 617-343-4275.

State Police spokesman David Procopio said commanders of both departments are discussing the Amber Alert request. “State police commanders are evaluating the circumstances of this case to determine whether an alert will issue,’’ he said.

Since 2003, the Amber Alert system has been triggered in Massachusetts 14 times, resulting in the safe recovery of 19 children 18 or younger.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2008/05/boston_police_s_6.html
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 08:19:26 PM by klaasend » Logged

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 06:08:30 PM »

Shortest missing persons acount posted here to date. Well I am glad she was found safe. My guess is it was one of those end of year cut days days some schools have.
Just glad she was found

+++++++++++++

Missing Girl, 14, Found Safe
Teen Never Showed Up At School

POSTED: 3:18 pm EDT May 22, 2008
UPDATED: 6:01 pm EDT May 22, 2008

BOSTON -- A missing 14-year-old Dorchester girl was found safe Thursday after Boston police issued a missing person alert.

Alexus Clarke was last seen at 7 a.m. at her home on Monadnock Street. School officials called the girl's parents at 11 a.m. to tell them that she did not show up at school, according to police.

She was found safe at about 5:15 p.m. near the corner of Quincy and Warren streets in Roxbury. Two people who were with the teen were brought to the police station for questioning.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/16365188/detail.html

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 05:38:00 AM »

Hoax by truant prompts wide search

May 23, 2008
BOSTON
Boston police say they were the victims of a hoax yesterday when they launched a major search for a 14-year-old Dorchester girl who was simply skipping school. Police Superintendent Daniel Linskey said that Alexus Clarke text-messaged her mother, saying that she was in trouble and being held against her will, when she had decided to hang out with a friend. The girl's mother reported her missing at about 9:30 a.m., after the McCormack Middle School notified the mother of the absence. Dozens of police officers and detectives, many reassigned from other active cases, scoured neighborhoods in Dorchester and Roxbury. A fugitive unit found her at about 5:30 p.m. at the corner of Quincy Street and Warren Avenue, across from Boston Latin Academy. "As a father, I feel happy a 14-year-old girl is safe and unharmed," Linskey said. "As a police officer, I'm a little upset we wasted some time." Police have not decided if they will pursue charges.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/05/23/hoax_by_truant_prompts_wide_search/

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 02:47:53 AM »

I bet she won't be skipping school again for a while.

She is just 4'9" and 100 pounds.  I was fearing the worse.  You called it BB.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 03:53:27 PM »

Not a well thought out move.  I hope this young girl never actually finds herself in real trouble and is really in need of help.  What if nobody would believe her?  No wonder people who are actually missing and victims of crime have such a hard time getting the attention of law enforcement.  Time wasted is right.  They ought to make this chick do some (read lots) of community service at the police department.  Might be an eye-opener.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.