May 04, 2024, 11:22:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #26 NightCrew Sat/Sun  (Read 256527 times)
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #760 on: June 26, 2005, 09:45:16 AM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
Old judge has moved to another job.  

d
Quote from: "azvet"
I don't thinkthe lawyer get to attend, but not sure. I think each detainee gets interviewed by the judge for 2-3 hours, and each one is done separately.
Don't know why the change in judges, maybe an elevation to a higher level judge. Lets hope he's not as bad as Ito in the OJ event.

perhaps a recusal?
mehill10
Scared Monkey

« Reply #761 on: June 26, 2005, 09:45:23 AM »

Quote from: "DallasGirl"
http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBZY142AAE.html

A friend of Holloway said van der Sloot - a 6-foot-5-inch, (1.8-meter, 13- centimeter) broad-shouldered athlete - got into a scuffle outside the restaurant with some of the Alabama visitors the second night of their five-day trip.
"I broke it up," said Bryan Reynolds, 18.
Reynolds didn't elaborate.

http://www.legendgames.net/showstory.asp?page=blognews/stories/WN0000203.txt

One of the three young men arrested Thursday in the disappearance of Mountain Brook teen Natalee Holloway got into a pushing match with some of her friends in an Aruban bar, one of Holloway's friends said Thursday.

Bryan Reynolds, 18, one of 124 recent high school graduates whowent to Aruba in late May, said some of his friends almost got into a fight with Joran Andreas Petrus Van Der Sloot and his friends.

The scuffle started after Van Der Sloot, a Dutch suspect arrested at his upper-class home in Oranjestad, Aruba, Thursday morning, had been talking to 18-year-old Holloway at a bar where she and classmates hung out during the five-day trip, Reynolds said.

More conflicting stories. The first one says the scuffle took place the second night of the trip.  If NH did not meet JVDS until the last night of trip it would seem the scuffle had nothing to do with NH.  The second story doesn't give a time frame for the scuffle but does say it was about NH.

it was a pushing match inside the bar no one has said what it was about  it happen in c&c  before they left the bar
Curiosity
Scared Monkey

« Reply #762 on: June 26, 2005, 09:45:30 AM »

So which is it....one at a time in the courtroom or per the FOX report that four are currently in the courtroom?? I'm confused about the procedures already.
azvet
Scared Monkey

« Reply #763 on: June 26, 2005, 09:46:42 AM »

Quote from: "pinemeadows"
Lets hope he's not as bad as Ito in the OJ event.

Yikes!  Is he still on the bench, by the way? Confused

Dunno !  If he's like the rest of them on either side of the case, he's either written a book or become a TV "expert" analyst of some flavor. Probably playing golf with OJ in Miami.

"If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a Veteran
Boston Lyn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #764 on: June 26, 2005, 09:46:49 AM »

Last night on Fox, Joran's lawyer said that Joran did know his father was arrested and that he wasn't surprised by the arrest.
sandy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #765 on: June 26, 2005, 09:47:22 AM »

Nancy - I know this is off topic but given this occurred in your back yard if I am correct - what is your take on the Jon Benet Ramsay case?
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #766 on: June 26, 2005, 09:47:23 AM »

Quote from: "Curiosity"
So which is it....one at a time in the courtroom or per the FOX report that four are currently in the courtroom?? I'm confused about the procedures already.

4 are at the courthouse already..each will be talked to individually
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #767 on: June 26, 2005, 09:47:27 AM »

Quote from: "KackyLacky"
joran's mom said the other day in a video clip on TV that joran told her they may arrest his dad, and he was upset about it because they should show him (the dad) more respect.

Outrageous.  I can't believe AVDS could even verbalize this.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #768 on: June 26, 2005, 09:48:24 AM »

Quote from: "sandy"
Nancy - I know this is off topic but given this occurred in your back yard if I am correct - what is your take on the Jon Benet Ramsay case?

If you wish to discuss another case please start a new thread in News issues.
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #769 on: June 26, 2005, 09:48:48 AM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"

ty for clearing that up  Very Happy

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
Curiosity
Scared Monkey

« Reply #770 on: June 26, 2005, 09:49:12 AM »

Thank you Angiewx911dspatchr....it's appreciated.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #771 on: June 26, 2005, 09:49:37 AM »

Quote from: "momto5"

ty for clearing that up  Very Happy

No problem!
sandy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #772 on: June 26, 2005, 09:49:59 AM »

Quote from: "absolut"

If you wish to discuss another case please start a new thread in News issues.

My appologies - was looking for a one line summary - not a full blown discussion - time to do the dishes
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #773 on: June 26, 2005, 09:50:36 AM »

Quote from: "pinemeadows"
Quote from: "Scared-Tom"

Did this information come from the Riehl World weblog, or his comments. There is a big difference in terms of quality and accuracy.

Tom, I stated it was from a post on his site.  Guess I should have said a poster, not a post!  Sorry.

As far as accuracy, I don't know Dutch, but one could go to the website that the poster referenced.

"Some biographical information about PVDS from a Dutch newspaper internetsite [b](www.ad.nl, "Van magistraat tot verdachte van moord"):[/b]
- he was born in The Netherlands,.....etc etc etc

that headline translates:  from magistrate to murder suspect.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #774 on: June 26, 2005, 09:50:50 AM »

Thank you Angiewx911dspatchr....it's appreciated.

You're welcome... I guess Steve Croes is the only one that hasnt arrived yet  as per FOX... and the others went in a back door.
Cerulean
Scared Monkey

« Reply #775 on: June 26, 2005, 09:50:58 AM »

Someone wrote that the Judge "missed" his flight on Saturday.  My understanding is that the flight was delayed several times as they tried to fix a mechanical problem.  Finally it was too late in the day to hold the trial. Judges do not just flake out on court attendance.  Some of them even do stuff like bring in their own contacts to act as interpreters when the court system can't find one for traffic court (where I live).  There are a lot of things wrong with judges and with the legal system in the US and elsewhere but showing up and basic stuff is usually not one of the problems.

All of the legal personnel in this case are probably giving up all their time, weekends, nights, family life, time with kids.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #776 on: June 26, 2005, 09:51:30 AM »

I was very involved in the case.  I'm happy to PM or email about it, but won't take up space here.  One thing I will say...

It was one of the MOST BOTCHED cases in the US....egos not letting outside help come in to assist. Very bad combination.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #777 on: June 26, 2005, 09:54:16 AM »

Kacky...

You're looking FABULOUS this morning, Dahlink....

That is the BEST avitar...

LOL

I'm gonna put up a new Nancy Drew soon...I didn't want to take up bandwidth.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #778 on: June 26, 2005, 09:56:04 AM »

Quote from: "KackyLacky"
Quote from: "iquitos"
Old judge has moved to another job.  

d
I don't thinkthe lawyer get to attend, but not sure. I think each detainee gets interviewed by the judge for 2-3 hours, and each one is done separately.
Don't know why the change in judges, maybe an elevation to a higher level judge. Lets hope he's not as bad as Ito in the OJ event.

perhaps a recusal?

No, he was appointed to the Carribean Court.    I think they are short of judges out there.  Could they move the case to Holland?
arrabba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #779 on: June 26, 2005, 09:56:58 AM »

It was reported that the judge was changed to maintain impartiality.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.