May 13, 2024, 02:26:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #7 11/11/10 - 11/15/10  (Read 179398 times)
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #540 on: November 13, 2010, 08:16:16 AM »

Thanks to all the many Monkeys who have devoted so much of their time to keep us informed.

Thanks Mods and Klaas and Red for making this forum possible.   

Northern  as always, a special thanks to you!   
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #541 on: November 13, 2010, 08:51:53 AM »

<self-snipped by Desi>
So, my question again:  Does anyone recall whether we saw a smaller wood chipper similar to this one, in news footage of the Baker house back when this story first broke?
The Baker house is a simple, one-story structure, with a tarp over part of the roof, stacks of firewood in the backyard, a log splitter and a truck from Real Tree Services of Morganton.
An adult dog and a puppy stay in the back yard. A neighbor, according to a passerby, waters the dogs.

However, Mitchell said he never heard any commotion or machinery being operated on the property.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/13/neighbors-never-saw-missing-girl-ar-453363/

There was a log splitter in the backyard, it wasn't a woodchipper. The only woodchipper was the one at the Burke work site.
Thanks for taking the trouble to find this!

Pictures of Various Log Splitters:
http://tinyurl.com/2f5tnu5

To compare, I'm attaching screen shots of the one from the yard.  I can't tell what this machine is, but IMO, it doesn't appear to be a log splitter.

(Source link for attached pics:  http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Zahra%20Baker%20%20-NC-/ )

To me it looks like it could be a trencher - which is used to dig trenches for things like burying wires ect.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #542 on: November 13, 2010, 09:28:54 AM »

Link to video of tonight's news report.  Mention of Julia Gillard's involvement is around 2.30 mark.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/

Prime Minister Julia Gillard is personally overseeing consular assistance to help Emily bring Zahra's remains home
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 07:53:52 PM by klaasend » Logged
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #543 on: November 13, 2010, 09:34:07 AM »

Thanks Klaas......I was sure there would be financial help for her. Zahra is the whole planet's child now.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #544 on: November 13, 2010, 09:39:58 AM »

Thanks Klaas and Tib   It is comforting to know that Emily will be able to take Zahra Home.   an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #545 on: November 13, 2010, 09:41:25 AM »

Didn't Adam call his boss that also has a daughter? Could the boss and the daughter have been at the house when the 911 call was made and that was the child that said daddy?
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #546 on: November 13, 2010, 09:47:47 AM »

Didn't Adam call his boss that also has a daughter? Could the boss and the daughter have been at the house when the 911 call was made and that was the child that said daddy?

That is a possibility NRCG. At first I thought it was a bleed over from another call. But I had forgotten about the boss having a daughter.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: November 13, 2010, 10:06:53 AM »

That is a possibility NRCG. At first I thought it was a bleed over from another call. But I had forgotten about the boss having a daughter.
I really don't know and don't know the age of the boss's daughter.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #548 on: November 13, 2010, 10:09:31 AM »

I can't remember if this was posted...........

Zahra Baker's body found one month later, a forensic behavioralist comments .........11.12.10

A month ago Zahra Baker was the cute 10-year-old girl missing in North Carolina. Later she became known as the little girl with cancer who never saw her mother, because she lived in Australia. And still later Zahra Baker was rumored to be the unfortunate step child of an abusive woman, her stepmom Elisa Annette Baker.

Now Zahra is making headlines because her alleged bones have been found by police.

Zahra's father, Adam, a 33-year-old man who found himself on the wrong side of the law during the midst of the investigation, is now free on bail for unrelated issues.

But both he and his wife, Zahra's stepmom, remain under a cloud of suspicion as far as Zahra's disappearance--and now alleged death are concerned.

Trained in the behavioral forensics field, I see some things that stand out in this case. First, without being privy to the case information, except the jail record on Annette and some news reports, I find it telling that Zahra's mattress was allegedly found outside the home--many miles away, in fact.

Criminals have a tendency to dispose of any incriminating items that contain blood or other evidence that could "tell the tale" or ensure their convictions or guilt, so hearing the police located an item from the home doesn't surprise me.

That mattress makes me ponder just what happened to that child prior to her death, and I can't help but believe it occurred on that mattress. Finding bones here, there and yonder of the child is an aspect of the case that makes me as sick as the investigators who had that task.

Criminals usually give partial truths during police interrogations, so I believe Zahra's parents when they say she was last seen in her bed, in their home. In that instance, at least, they are telling the truth, in my opinion.

The fact that both of Zahra's parents have been arrested--for crimes unrelated to her disappearance (except the forging of the ransom note by her stepmom)--is another indicator that they both, allegedly, could be involved in what happened to this little girl, and have been living on the edge already, legally.

The forging of a ransom note is clear evidence of involvement in some shape, form or fashion, whether as the perpetrator of the crime or as an accessory (even after the fact).

The obstruction of justice charge leveled against Elisa Annette Baker for that action was clearly warranted. And I can fully understand the $65,000 bond Catawba County issued for that charge. But Elisa's jail record reflects more criminal activity: four driving violations, four communications of threats, six worthless check charges and a larceny charge.

She's been a busy woman and those kinds of problems signal a potential drug or alcohol addiction. People under the influence can do some pretty horrible things.

There are so many potential dynamics at play with this case, however, including the charges against Adam, Zahra's father. According to one news account he was arrested for an alleged assault with a deadly weapon and making threats, as well as bad check charges, too.

I've seen two accounts about him, one saying an alleged deadly weapons assault; the other saying he just made threats--like Annette. Knowing what he really did (assault or just threats) would shed light on whether he might allegedly be the instigator in what happened to his daughter, or whether he is allegedly the accessory after the fact.

It would also shed light on whether the police have Elisa in custody for the death of Zahra--or to protect her from Adam's influence or harm.

It is evident this was a crime of passion against Zahra (and that doesn't mean sexual, necessarily, although it could). It was a crime of passion because the alibi and the ransom note creation were obviously not thought out well, or in advance of the crime.

That happens when crimes of passion occur, in which the perp didn't necessarily plan the event in advance, but had to try to cover his backside after he "lost it."

That brings us to the point that the crime occurred possibly in a fit of rage, under chemical influence or as a result of some other mitigating factor that didn't get introduced into the family dynamic earlier than October.

The police will be thorough in their investigation, I'm sure, as they will want this child to get the justice she deserves in a court of law. So I don't look for them to charge either parent--or both--with Zahra's death until they feel they can prove it.

For a child who was already suffering physically due to her cancer, it is abominable that she was made to suffer something else too--and allegedly even by her own family. My heartfelt condolences to her mother in Australia.

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-atlanta/zahra-baker-s-body-found-one-month-later-a-forensic-behavioralist-comments

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
CarolynV
Scared Monkey

« Reply #549 on: November 13, 2010, 10:12:15 AM »

Hi everyone, few words, just saddened, but I saw this and thought it confirmed something we all knew.

http://portal.wowway.net/news/read.php?ps=931&rip_id=%3CD9JF525G0%40news.ap.org%3E&news_id=18267623&src=most_popular_viewed
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #550 on: November 13, 2010, 10:16:34 AM »

Link to video of tonight's news report.  Mention of Julia Gillard's involvement is around 2.30 mark.

Prime Minister Julia Gillard is personally overseeing consular assistance to help Emily bring Zahra's remains home

I am so glad that PM Gillard is helping Emily bring Zahra home to be put to rest.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 07:54:16 PM by klaasend » Logged
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #551 on: November 13, 2010, 10:17:16 AM »

This is good news.  In Gerren Isgrigg's case (the little boy in Wylie, TX who was left to die in a park) the father who did not have any custodial rights, yet paid child support, was granted the right to bury Gerren in his home state of California.  Makes me hopeful that Emily will be afforded the same.  

So nice to read all the thoughtful posts and gestures here for Zahra.  RIP Zahra.  an angelic monkey
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 07:54:34 PM by klaasend » Logged

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #552 on: November 13, 2010, 11:26:00 AM »

Adam is due in court on Nov 18th for his assault with a deadly weapon and communicating threats charges

Arraigned Offenses for Case Number:     2010051258 CR
Arraigned Defendant Name:    BAKER,ADAM,TROY
County:    CALDWELL
Court Date:    11/18/2010
Session:    AM
Court Room:    0001

Offense Code Description Statute
 5328  Misdemeanor COMMUNICATING THREATS   14-277.1 
 1388  Misdemeanor ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON   14-33(C)(1) 

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars.Offense.do?submit=submit&case=1302010051258&court=CR&defendant=BAKER,ADAM,TROY&courtDate=11/18/2010&county=CALDWELL&session=AM&courtRoom=0001
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #553 on: November 13, 2010, 11:29:30 AM »

Gothmonster is due in court on Nov
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #554 on: November 13, 2010, 11:31:31 AM »

Gothmonster is due in court on Nov

Not sure what happened as I was in the middle of typing 

Gothmonster is due in court on Nov 18th as well.  What at a sweet reunion if they are in court together

Arraigned Offenses for Case Number:     2004000362 CR
Arraigned Defendant Name:    BAKER,ELISA,ANNETTE

5418  Traffic DWLR   20-28(A) 
 5556  Traffic FICT/CNCL/REV REG CARD/TAG   20-111(2) 

Arraigned Offenses for Case Number:     2005001219 CR

5494  Traffic OPERATE VEH NO INS   20-313(A) 

Arraigned Offenses for Case Number:     2009702308 CR

4462  Infraction UNSAFE TIRES   20-122.1 

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars.Offense.do?submit=submit&case=1302009702308&court=CR&defendant=BAKER,ELISA,ANNETTE&courtDate=11/18/2010&county=CALDWELL&session=AM&courtRoom=0001
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #555 on: November 13, 2010, 11:37:44 AM »

Thanks Northern, I was thinking, and that is never good, but let's say that Zahra did die in bed from an illness, and for whatever sick and disturbing reason they dismembered her    Will the ME be able to tell that from the remains? I'm guessing he/she could but since she has been dead for awhile maybe not. Without other evidence I'm not sure how they can be charged with murder, desecration of a corpse, yes. I personally feel they murdered Zahra, just something I was thinking and how legally they both could be charged.  And I sure hope they are charged very soon.
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #556 on: November 13, 2010, 11:43:48 AM »

I do not know the story about Emily being away from Zahara but it is really sad that Zahara didn't have her mother during her difficult times Sad
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #557 on: November 13, 2010, 11:46:24 AM »

Thanks Northern, I was thinking, and that is never good, but let's say that Zahra did die in bed from an illness, and for whatever sick and disturbing reason they dismembered her    Will the ME be able to tell that from the remains? I'm guessing he/she could but since she has been dead for awhile maybe not. Without other evidence I'm not sure how they can be charged with murder, desecration of a corpse, yes. I personally feel they murdered Zahra, just something I was thinking and how legally they both could be charged.  And I sure hope they are charged very soon.
I hope that she was not sexually abused by the SM and AB. maybe both were scared that Emily will talk to Zhara and Zhara will tell her bio mom what the monsters did with her.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #558 on: November 13, 2010, 11:48:54 AM »

I hope that she was not sexually abused by the SM and AB. maybe both were scared that Emily will talk to Zhara and Zhara will tell her bio mom what the monsters did with her.
I keep wondering about that money that man from London was sending, and praying it wasn't some pictures of Zahra 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #559 on: November 13, 2010, 11:51:40 AM »

I knew I would find it eventually about the Baker's and the daisy: 

Daisy tribute for missing Zahra

MISSING North Queensland girl Zahra Baker should be celebrating her 11th birthday next week among her loving family and friends.

Instead, her desperate family clings to the hope that the bubbly and brave cancer survivor is still alive.

Zahra will turn 11 on Tuesday but devastated family and friends don't even know if they will see their "little princess" move into young womanhood.

Despite their terrible fears, her North Queensland family is determined to celebrate little Zahra's special day as they would do if she was here to celebrate with them.

Zahra's Townsville-based aunt and uncle, who have been reluctant to enter the media spotlight, said yesterday they preferred to privately support Adam and his mother Karen Baker, who flew from her Newcastle home two weeks ago to be by her son's side.

But the family asked the Townsville Bulletin to let people know they valued their support, and to point them to a Facebook site in support of their niece, especially on her birthday.

They said it was believed several other birthday celebrations in Zahra's honour would be held on Tuesday in Townsville and Giru by other friends and supporters of the Baker family.

"We want Zahra's birthday to be a celebration of her life, not a day to mourn," said her aunt.

"So we will be having her favourite sausages on bread, and Freddo Frogs - all the things she loves.

"Zahra wouldn't want us all to be sad and crying and worrying - she is the most positive, upbeat, strong little girl we know, and the least we can do is honour her by thinking and behaving the same way.

"But until we are told anything differently by police searching for her, that is how we will continue to be - hopeful." Zahra has been missing from her US home now for a suspected seven weeks, reported missing from her Hickory, North Carolina home by her father Adam Baker, a former Giru sugar mill worker, on October 9.

But US police question the timeline, and suspect the 10-year-old cancer survivor was missing for up to two weeks before that, with Zahra last seen in public on September 25.

While living in Giru, 55km southeast of Townsville, Zahra was diagnosed with and fought two bouts of childhood cancer, losing her lower left leg as well as much of her hearing, but never let her early hardships affect her enthusiasm and incredible zest for life.

She was described as "an inspiration" to other child cancer sufferers at the regular holiday camps held by Camp Quality around Queensland.

However, the bubbly child moved away from her Queensland home when she was eight, relocating with her father Adam to the North Carolina home of the woman he met online, and later married, Elisa Baker.

Elisa Baker was arrested the day after Zahra's disappearance on a range of charges not related to the case, but was later indicted for a fake ransom note demanding $US1 million ($998,100). She remains in jail.

Zahra's stepmother has also pointed the finger at Zahra's dad, Adam, alleging in letters written from her jail cell that "We really didn't kill her, but what he did after the fact is kinda horrifying".

Adam Baker had been co-operating with police in the search for his daughter, and was briefly arrested two weeks ago on unrelated charges before posting bail.

US police are continuing to search surrounding bushland, landfill areas and remote roads for any sign of Zahra.

Zahra's aunt and uncle sent a text this week to the Townsville Bulletin, urging all North Queenslanders on Facebook to show their support of Zahra on Tuesday by changing their profile photo to a white daisy.

The white daisy symbol in support of Zahra has spread across the internet worldwide, with people joining the "Hope For Zahra" Facebook page and leaving sentiments of hope, love and support.

Ideas which have already been posted on the webpage include donations made on Zahra's behalf to the places which cared for her during her battle with cancer, including the Royal Children's Hospital Foundation in Brisbane, and Camp Quality, while others said they intended placing vibrant sunflowers reflecting Zahra's personality underneath the tree in the front yard of her Hickory home, which has become a shrine to the little girl

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/11/11/184041_news.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.