May 14, 2024, 09:13:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #7 11/11/10 - 11/15/10  (Read 179442 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #640 on: November 13, 2010, 05:46:33 PM »

CBB - I think Zahra would have been born in 1999 if she was going to be 11 on Nov 16, 2010.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #641 on: November 13, 2010, 05:52:21 PM »

Nice job Klaas!

All I did was screen cap it but I really question some of the reporting in this case.  It is clear to me that Alisa Baker told LE exactly where to look so she knew what happened.  It is also clear to me that Adam had to be a participant.  So why are people acting like these two monsters may not be responsible?  Must be bad reporting by people that have not followed the case closely.

IMO as soon as the DNA match comes back (Tuesday I think) on the remains found near Gunpowder Creek they will arrest Adam and charge him and Alisa with murder.  I AM SURE that Alisa is trying to claim she died from being sick and they didn't know what to do.  If she died from being sick it was because she was neglected and abused.  MURDER.

I agree.

Is it possible that these two may only be charged with offences related to the disposal of Zahra's remains?

Janet

Janet  - I don't think so.  You simply don't hide a sick child then hide that they died then dismember them and hide the evidence if the child died of natural causes. 

Klaas

I keep forgetting we are not in Aruba anymore.  On that Island you can get away with murder if you dispose of someone who appears dead rather than call 911 for assistance.

Janet

+++++

March 25, 2006
Natalee Holloway: New Clues
Investigator Tells 48 Hours She Probably Died From Excessive Alcohol, Maybe Drugs

Deputy Chief Dompig has been under a strict gag order since last year, but Aruban authorities agreed to let him speak exclusively to 48 Hours about the latest details of his investigation. ....

And there’s another stunning revelation from the authorities: Though they’re convinced Holloway is dead, they tell 48 Hours that they believe she was not murdered.

"This was a highly intoxicated body of a very small person," says Dompig.

Dompig laid out the latest scenario of what happened after Natalee was last seen driving off with van der Sloot and the Kalpoe brothers shortly after 1 a.m. He says investigators think the group did not go to the beach but that they possibly brought Natalie back to the van der Sloots' home.

Wherever she was, police now think that while Natalee was with Joran, she died suddenly from an overdose of intoxicants.

"We feel strongly that she probably went into shock or something happened to her system with all this alcohol maybe on top of that other drugs which either she took or they gave her and that she just collapsed," says Dompig.

The crime, Dompig suspects, occurred when the body was illegally disposed of. The boys may have acted alone.

"We’re not talking about killers here," he says

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/22/48hours/main1430644_page5.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #642 on: November 13, 2010, 06:14:46 PM »

IF the background voice heard in that 911 recording reveals a child's voice ... the implication is that Adam's boss was in on the coverup.  IMO

I concede that there are muffled background voices in that 911 recording but I cannot make out the words. 

Janet

I do not see IMO how Mr. Coffey could in implicated on a coverup.  Child's voice in the background or not, to insinuate Mr. Coffey was anything other than a landlord and an employer is IMO far-fetched and to me, rather unnerving.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #643 on: November 13, 2010, 06:15:51 PM »

IF the background voice heard in that 911 recording reveals a child's voice ... the implication is that Adam's boss was in on the coverup.  IMO

I concede that there are muffled background voices in that 911 recording but I cannot make out the words. 

Janet

sorry, my post:
I do not see IMO how Mr. Coffey could in implicated on a coverup.  Child's voice in the background or not, to insinuate Mr. Coffey was anything other than a landlord and an employer is IMO far-fetched and to me, rather unnerving.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #644 on: November 13, 2010, 06:16:06 PM »

Zahra was happy in Australia.  Wonder how long it will take before releasing the body to the family to bury?

IMO, it won't be soon. It is doubtful they have 'all of her' and may need to do more searching (although it is doubtful they will find all). I'll just be glad when they release even a little more info.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 06:22:26 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #645 on: November 13, 2010, 06:21:20 PM »

Zahra was happy in Australia.  Wonder how long it will take before releasing the body to the family to bury?

IMO, it won't be soon. It is doubtful they have 'all of her' and may need to do more searching. I'll just be glad when they release even a little more info.
That's what I was thinking, I doubt if they have all of Zahra. 
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #646 on: November 13, 2010, 06:22:32 PM »

This was posted aat HFTM by Harmony, thought you all may like to see it..
Martina McBride - Concrete Angel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtNYA4pAGjI&feature=player_embedded

Nut, thank you so much for sharing this.  The little boy looked a lot like the one who sent her letters.  Thank you.

mariloo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #647 on: November 13, 2010, 06:42:05 PM »

Zahra was happy in Australia.  Wonder how long it will take before releasing the body to the family to bury?

IMO, it won't be soon. It is doubtful they have 'all of her' and may need to do more searching (although it is doubtful they will find all). I'll just be glad when they release even a little more info.

You are right, but if they squeeze AB's you know whats, he would tell where all the body parts are.  You know, if he goes to general population, he is done for.  I am a little surprised someone hasn't tried to harm him already.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #648 on: November 13, 2010, 06:51:19 PM »

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #649 on: November 13, 2010, 07:00:21 PM »

Zahra's Townsville-based aunt and uncle, who have been reluctant to enter the media spotlight, said yesterday they preferred to privately support Adam and his mother Karen Baker, who flew from her Newcastle home two weeks ago to be by her son's side.     And just because of that I wouldn't do the white daisy, even though they are beautiful, I would go with the sunflower like other people are doing.
It's not amazing how many "relatives" will be crawling out from underneath their rotten logs to tell everyone how much they "loved" Zahra.  Sorry, I am so angry today.  NoRose, I agree . . . a sunflower, white roses . . . anything that doesn't signify support of the Baker clan.  Don't mean to be offensive to anyone, I and most of the world are just offended by Zahra's death.

I agree. No daisies.

White roses as her mother chose.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #650 on: November 13, 2010, 07:11:39 PM »

tibro - I have found it difficult to post here.  I wish to thank you for all
that you have contributed from your side of the world.  Good on you.

May the white tea roses you purchased so lovingly in Zahra's name, bloom and thrive always.  an angelic monkey

Hugs and comfort to you.

can     

Thank you Can.  I have been honoured to help monkeys understand "our" way of doing things as although I have been here for years following Natalee's case, it is not often that  other cases involve Australia.  Just so sad that such a tragic story had to happen that involved both our countries.

I know the roses will be a comfort to me and I feel that any flower or plant anyone chooses to honour someone is correct as it is always done with love and in remembrance.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
FishstickKitty
Scared Monkey

« Reply #651 on: November 13, 2010, 07:15:44 PM »

Has the dad been arrested? I wonder why they are waiting..or do you think he didn't have anything to do with it? I don't understand why he isn't in jail.
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #652 on: November 13, 2010, 07:16:53 PM »

I was wondering who all from scaredmonkeys is going to go to the memorial on tuesday. I myself am gonna try to go and would love to meet who go from here Smile
mariloo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #653 on: November 13, 2010, 07:17:08 PM »

Zahra's Townsville-based aunt and uncle, who have been reluctant to enter the media spotlight, said yesterday they preferred to privately support Adam and his mother Karen Baker, who flew from her Newcastle home two weeks ago to be by her son's side.     And just because of that I wouldn't do the white daisy, even though they are beautiful, I would go with the sunflower like other people are doing.
It's not amazing how many "relatives" will be crawling out from underneath their rotten logs to tell everyone how much they "loved" Zahra.  Sorry, I am so angry today.  NoRose, I agree . . . a sunflower, white roses . . . anything that doesn't signify support of the Baker clan.  Don't mean to be offensive to anyone, I and most of the world are just offended by Zahra's death.

I agree. No daisies.

I missed somehting.  I don't understand the "no daisies" thing.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #654 on: November 13, 2010, 07:22:32 PM »

I knew I would find it eventually about the Baker's and the daisy: 

Daisy tribute for missing Zahra

MISSING North Queensland girl Zahra Baker should be celebrating her 11th birthday next week among her loving family and friends.

Instead, her desperate family clings to the hope that the bubbly and brave cancer survivor is still alive.

Zahra will turn 11 on Tuesday but devastated family and friends don't even know if they will see their "little princess" move into young womanhood.

Despite their terrible fears, her North Queensland family is determined to celebrate little Zahra's special day as they would do if she was here to celebrate with them.

Zahra's Townsville-based aunt and uncle, who have been reluctant to enter the media spotlight, said yesterday they preferred to privately support Adam and his mother Karen Baker, who flew from her Newcastle home two weeks ago to be by her son's side.

But the family asked the Townsville Bulletin to let people know they valued their support, and to point them to a Facebook site in support of their niece, especially on her birthday.

They said it was believed several other birthday celebrations in Zahra's honour would be held on Tuesday in Townsville and Giru by other friends and supporters of the Baker family.

"We want Zahra's birthday to be a celebration of her life, not a day to mourn," said her aunt.

"So we will be having her favourite sausages on bread, and Freddo Frogs - all the things she loves.

"Zahra wouldn't want us all to be sad and crying and worrying - she is the most positive, upbeat, strong little girl we know, and the least we can do is honour her by thinking and behaving the same way.

"But until we are told anything differently by police searching for her, that is how we will continue to be - hopeful." Zahra has been missing from her US home now for a suspected seven weeks, reported missing from her Hickory, North Carolina home by her father Adam Baker, a former Giru sugar mill worker, on October 9.

But US police question the timeline, and suspect the 10-year-old cancer survivor was missing for up to two weeks before that, with Zahra last seen in public on September 25.

While living in Giru, 55km southeast of Townsville, Zahra was diagnosed with and fought two bouts of childhood cancer, losing her lower left leg as well as much of her hearing, but never let her early hardships affect her enthusiasm and incredible zest for life.

She was described as "an inspiration" to other child cancer sufferers at the regular holiday camps held by Camp Quality around Queensland.

However, the bubbly child moved away from her Queensland home when she was eight, relocating with her father Adam to the North Carolina home of the woman he met online, and later married, Elisa Baker.

Elisa Baker was arrested the day after Zahra's disappearance on a range of charges not related to the case, but was later indicted for a fake ransom note demanding $US1 million ($998,100). She remains in jail.

Zahra's stepmother has also pointed the finger at Zahra's dad, Adam, alleging in letters written from her jail cell that "We really didn't kill her, but what he did after the fact is kinda horrifying".

Adam Baker had been co-operating with police in the search for his daughter, and was briefly arrested two weeks ago on unrelated charges before posting bail.

US police are continuing to search surrounding bushland, landfill areas and remote roads for any sign of Zahra.

Zahra's aunt and uncle sent a text this week to the Townsville Bulletin, urging all North Queenslanders on Facebook to show their support of Zahra on Tuesday by changing their profile photo to a white daisy.

The white daisy symbol in support of Zahra has spread across the internet worldwide, with people joining the "Hope For Zahra" Facebook page and leaving sentiments of hope, love and support.

Ideas which have already been posted on the webpage include donations made on Zahra's behalf to the places which cared for her during her battle with cancer, including the Royal Children's Hospital Foundation in Brisbane, and Camp Quality, while others said they intended placing vibrant sunflowers reflecting Zahra's personality underneath the tree in the front yard of her Hickory home, which has become a shrine to the little girl

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/11/11/184041_news.html

Thanks for finding this to clarify Northern Rose.

You also found the quote I was searching for naming the hospital where Zahra received treatment.  I will look up the contact details and post in the thread here for anyone wishing to donate in Zahra's name.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #655 on: November 13, 2010, 07:24:01 PM »

I agree. No daisies.

I believe the daisies is the idea of the Baker family and right now there aren't many of us that feel the Baker family had Zahra's best interest at heart.
mariloo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #656 on: November 13, 2010, 07:33:11 PM »

I agree. No daisies.

I believe the daisies is the idea of the Baker family and right now there aren't many of us that feel the Baker family had Zahra's best interest at heart.

Oh!  I understand now and yes, I cannot stand AB nor his mom.  She is just s evil.  I am a grandmother but my conscience would not let me keep a grandmother from her granddaughter as long as I knew she loved her as I.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #657 on: November 13, 2010, 07:37:32 PM »

That is what I was wondering how old the boss's daughter was, if she is a teen that doesn't sound like a teen  but there has to be a logical answer because there is no way that I believe Zahra was alive during that call.

Just throwing in a thought here.  I think it has been decided that the voice could be the boss' daughter but there is still a time anomoly.  The evil SM has daughters.  Could it be one of their offspring?  Would the family be there for any reason at that time and left before LE arrived?

Adding I am unable to listen to this tape again as too much background noise here.  Ahhhh Sunday car racing on television -

luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #658 on: November 13, 2010, 07:40:47 PM »

Is anyone from here at scaredmonkeys going to the memorial on tuesday?
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #659 on: November 13, 2010, 07:49:52 PM »

The fact that AY is claiming he was not divorced from Gothmonster when she and Adam got married also has my head spinning.  Why would there not be additional charges against Gothmonster for falsifying legal documents if what AY is saying is true?  Even if I assume that Adam truly did not know that she was still married to AY and that AY was her brother not her ex hubby, would his immigration status not change immediately if there was no legal marriage?  Should he not be picked up by immigration until the whole marriage is investigated and held if LE can not lock him up yet? 

You raise very good points.  Applying to be married here in Australia while still been married in America would mean she committed bigamy.  Wondering if the Australian marriage here was a legal one or some sort of pseudo Goth type ceremony which was not registered with the relevant Government department.

Depending on what was stated on his application to enter the USA it could mean he entered your country illegally.  In which case he could be deported but I doubt that would happen if he is a suspect in a murder case.  Also he would not be permitted to re-enter Australia while being a suspect in the a murder case elsewhere.   I get a wonderful visual of him being batted back and forth across the ocean like a ping pong ball with neither country wanting him.

And who the heck introduces their "ex" to their current spouse as a brother or sister?  Unless they had a "real close" family arrangement. What a buncha freaks.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.