May 06, 2024, 05:05:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #22 8/19/10 - 8/21/10  (Read 224610 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2010, 11:37:46 AM »

Thank-you Blonde.   
"I think she's really lonely," James said. "She's not supposed to leave the house."           Is there a reason why she is not suppose to leave the house?

Attorney's advice........

Why?  Seameathebeach?

Why would the Attorney keep CSI-SM from a stroll around the block? 
Will SM blab something?    TIA

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2010, 11:39:40 AM »

Thank-you Blonde.   
"I think she's really lonely," James said. "She's not supposed to leave the house."           Is there a reason why she is not suppose to leave the house?

Why?  Seameathebeach?

Just a guess, for her own safety, maybe.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #102 on: August 20, 2010, 11:41:05 AM »

I have to say that again reading that article, there isn't anyone that said she wasn't good with kids or her kids  So what all happened along the way.....

Hi NoRose & Monkey's,

Ted Bundy was a good son. 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #103 on: August 20, 2010, 11:42:44 AM »

Thank-you Blonde.   

Why?  Seameathebeach?

Just a guess, for her own safety, maybe.

Good thinking, TY! 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: August 20, 2010, 11:43:26 AM »

I have to say that again reading that article, there isn't anyone that said she wasn't good with kids or her kids  So what all happened along the way.....

Hi NoRose & Monkey's,

And good looking as well, but there were signs, troubling signs with Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dahmer growing up. I just don't see no comparison to Terri.
Peace
Scared Monkey

« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2010, 11:50:07 AM »

After reading the Oregonian article, I think of the differences between my parenting and my ex's. I am definitely the disciplinarian, and I feel TV does more harm than good for children so I take that away completely first and I like to stay on top of any behavioral issues at school as well. My ex will allow hours on end on the TV for it to babysit the children and I know enough from my studies that this is damaging to children. An individual with their Master's in Education would also know this. I attribute many attention problems with video and television over-usage. I also keep on top of things at school as I have seen a few things get out of control prior to my being notified, such as others bullying my child. This makes me, in my opinon, a good mom. If she disliked the child, she would not care so much. My ex would probably tell people I am too strict, angry, a bitch etc etc as well, but I have some of the best behaved and well adjusted children. Even my step children have applauded my ways, knowing it all came from love that I pushed everyone for their own personal best. That's me and how I operate. I am still very close with my ex's children, speaking to and visiting with them weekly even after all of my strict ways and divorcing their father and they are teenagers and a 20 yr old. They owe nothing to me, I am dad's ex, that's all.
My reasons for pointing this out is how easily others such as my ex could villafy me. By the way, I get angry some times too. I even verbally discipline others children when they are at my home. Oh goodness, call child services.... a mom is correcting inappropriate behavior. Oh, and I took away TV for a whole school term for getting C's and not paying attention in class. Guess what? No more C's on the next report card..................Oh, and after the birth of my infant, I too got abrupt with my step-children, but I also cried hysterically at the TV news whenever it was sad. We all experience post partum hormonal fluctuation, some to different degrees.
I am not saying Terri was not involved. I am saying to ascertain such from this article would be to also ascertain that I would be capable of such and I most certainly am not. Did I mention I too am a gym rat?

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Mohandas Gandhi
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2010, 11:50:08 AM »

I could not agree more with you. That was a very good article, not sure what to think exactly, Terri has some good qualities and some not so good, like everybody. That obsession with Kyron and the colored stars, seems extreme, but maybe she didn't want him to fail and to be a good student. But then at the same time, James wasn't doing well in school. I need to read it again, just skimmed the first time, she certainly is a woman who wants to be in control.  I will say that picture of her and her husband when James was little, she looked very pretty in that picture. James sure seems like a well rounded and good kid.

Kids blossom in certain environments and wither and die in others.

Me thinks the Horman/Moulton home wasn't such a good environment for James, maybe not for Kyron, either.

And... we read what Kaine said when asked how Kiara is doing. He said that she is a  "new child"... or something like that. Meaning that she is thriving.

I don't want to trash Terri, but me thinks that by being a perfectionist she was not being a dotting "mom."

I'll get off my high horse now.

Very Happy

Unfortunately their are parents that are perfectionists pushing kids to do this and that, like the parent is living their life through the child, and forcing them to do what they perhaps wanted to do as a child. I don't know what to say, because unfortunately I feel that I might have been guilty myself of trying to have things perfect, and it is impossible for that to happen 
[/quote]

You are so compassionate to others. 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2010, 11:59:48 AM »

Peace, very good post    seahorse thank-you, but I reflect back a lot to raising my daughters, and frankly I would be afraid to see it in print. Yes, I yelled, lost my temper, had trouble at times raising them. I don't feel real good at some of the things that I wish that was done differently. That is why there is a lot of confusion for me with Terri and reading this article. Just don't know what to think anymore.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2010, 12:08:59 PM »

I agree.

Janet

+++++

Terri Moulton Horman: Kyron Horman's stepmother is a profile in contradictions
Published: Thursday, August 19, 2010, 10:30 PM
Updated: Friday, August 20, 2010, 8:42 AM

<snipped>

James, who is staying with his father, Ron Tarver, in Roseburg, said his mother treated Kyron like her own son.

"The only difference between her relationship with Kyron and me was the difference in ages," he said.

Terri was the first to recognize that Kyron needed glasses, James said, and taught him sign language by the time he was 6 months so she could communicate with him.

"She was pretty proud of that," Ron Tarver said.

<snipped>

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/terri_horman.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2010, 12:10:54 PM »

After reading the OL article I am wondering about Kaine's business trip to CA they referenced.  I remember (near the beginning of this disappearance) giving some thought to a possiblity that the CA trip planned for this summer indicated a possible move and that Terri may NOT have been okay w/ relocation.
IMO
P
btw, Good Morning, Monkeys.

Good morning Tolerance!

I think Terri was not o. k. with a lot of things. 
I can't understand why she was so focused on Kyron's daily color cards.
Did she want to use this to complain to Kaine about him...have Kaine on his case too?   

Because if Kyron were to "misbehave" in school it would reflect bad on her???

I'm sure he was punished when he didn't get his greens.

That's a good possibility too! 
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2010, 12:13:04 PM »

Hi NoRose & Monkey's,

And good looking as well, but there were signs, troubling signs with Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dahmer growing up. I just don't see no comparison to Terri.

NoRose,

We don't know if there were signs for SM?  My aunt adopted two children, one was a rotten egg, the other child turned out good. I really believe it is in the genetic, I really, really, do.   Someone will look up SM natural parents, I don't think it is that
difficult, eventhough it was a closed adoption. I can almost find them, because, her Bio-Mums, surname, "Kisiel" is so rare.
I can't do Genealogy right now because I have obligations, I am sure an investigative report could locate both parents.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2010, 12:15:29 PM »

I agree.

Janet

+++++

Terri Moulton Horman: Kyron Horman's stepmother is a profile in contradictions
Published: Thursday, August 19, 2010, 10:30 PM
Updated: Friday, August 20, 2010, 8:42 AM

<snipped>

James, who is staying with his father, Ron Tarver, in Roseburg, said his mother treated Kyron like her own son.

"The only difference between her relationship with Kyron and me was the difference in ages," he said.

Terri was the first to recognize that Kyron needed glasses, James said, and taught him sign language by the time he was 6 months so she could communicate with him.

"She was pretty proud of that," Ron Tarver said.

<snipped>

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/terri_horman.html

I just don't know Janet, yes she appears to have control and obsessive compulsive behavior, that sure jumps out at a person. It seems like everything went downhill after the birth of Kiara.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2010, 12:15:47 PM »

If TH changed so much for the worse why did KH allow her to have control of the children?  I'll even bet he was super critical of her demanding that things be done right and done before he gets home.  I still wonder what was the catalyst for the change in her appearance/weight gain/mood.  Could it all be PPD.  Was the fear of being pregnant and KH repeating history and finding another woman what sent her over the edge before the birth and after adding the PPD?  I never thought steroid use was going on but I did know she would have to use fat burners to get that lean and we all know how the ephedra that was used in those at that time did folks.  Now I'm wondering did she medicate herself with Rx meds from a doc?  Downers and pain killers can cause you to blow up too.  All MOO!
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2010, 12:16:55 PM »

Hi Monkeys!

Wow, that article was spot on about my suspicions of Terri's personality!  Talk about a narcissistic!  Having hubby#2 adopt James= $$$$$.  Doesn't respect boundaries, people's property, or their feelings.  Just because people say she is good with kids DOES NOT TELL THE WHOLE STORY.  What was Terri like when people were not looking?  Remember, friends said Casey Anthony was a good mother.  I do feel Terri was frustrated in her marriage to Kaine.  And I also feel the person she took her frustration out on was Kyron.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2010, 12:17:44 PM »

Hi NoRose & Monkey's,

NoRose,

We don't know if there were signs for SM?  My aunt adopted two children, one was a rotten egg, the other child turned out good. I really believe it is in the genetic, I really, really, do.   Someone will look up SM natural parents, I don't think it is that
difficult, eventhough it was a closed adoption. I can almost find them, because, her Bio-Mums, surname, "Kisiel" is so rare.
I can't do Genealogy right now because I have obligations, I am sure an investigative report could locate both parents.
And even when a couple has several of their own children, two can turn out good, and the third one is the rotten egg, though they were all raised the same, I just don't know. It sure sounds like since Terri was the only child she was spoiled, well so was I the only child, and I think that my parents spoiled me also.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2010, 12:19:01 PM »

Hi Monkeys!

Wow, that article was spot on about my suspicions of Terri's personality!  Talk about a narcissistic!  Having hubby#2 adopt James= $$$$$.  Doesn't respect boundaries, people's property, or their feelings.  Just because people say she is good with kids DOES NOT TELL THE WHOLE STORY.  What was Terri like when people were not looking?  Remember, friends said Casey Anthony was a good mother.  I do feel Terri was frustrated in her marriage to Kaine.  And I also feel the person she took her frustration out on was Kyron.

Misty Croslin was good with Kids, too. 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2010, 12:19:24 PM »

If TH changed so much for the worse why did KH allow her to have control of the children?  I'll even bet he was super critical of her demanding that things be done right and done before he gets home.  I still wonder what was the catalyst for the change in her appearance/weight gain/mood.  Could it all be PPD.  Was the fear of being pregnant and KH repeating history and finding another woman what sent her over the edge before the birth and after adding the PPD?  I never thought steroid use was going on but I did know she would have to use fat burners to get that lean and we all know how the ephedra that was used in those at that time did folks.  Now I'm wondering did she medicate herself with Rx meds from a doc?  Downers and pain killers can cause you to blow up too.  All MOO!
My question, how out of control was Terri with the kids, was it normal frustration that parents have, or was it excessive?
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2010, 12:20:58 PM »

Also, I get the feeling that Terri told people "embellished" stories to make herself sound wonderful.  Teaching Kyron sign language at 6 months?  Uh Kyron did not live with her until he was close to two years old!  And who did she tell this story to?  Her ex-husband who obviously wasn't around.
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2010, 12:22:11 PM »

Hi Monkeys!

Misty Croslin was good with Kids, too. 

Yup.  You can make yourself look pretty damn good when people are looking.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2010, 12:22:21 PM »

Hi NoRose & Monkey's,

NoRose,

And even when a couple has several of their own children, two can turn out good, and the third one is the rotten egg, though they were all raised the same, I just don't know. It sure sounds like since Terri was the only child she was spoiled, well so was I the only child, and I think that my parents spoiled me also.

You turned out to be a good egg!  You are thoughtful and generous toward others, I tend to be harsh. 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.