May 17, 2024, 09:20:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #825 10/12/09 - 11/07/09  (Read 406947 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1020 on: October 25, 2009, 12:36:30 AM »

I am calling it an early night.

As per tradition ... Papa and I just spent the last three hours trapsing through a corn maze with grandkids ... picking out special pumpkins and ... wolfing down hot dogs cooked on an open fire pit and ... eating sticking candied apples.

We are definitely getting too old with this.  Two eldest grandsons (10/11) came home with us and ... are sitting in front of a Star Wars episode and ... they can settle themselves down for the night when it is over became ... Papa and Mama will be sawing logs.

Good Night Monkeys.

Janet
9:35 PM PT

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1021 on: October 25, 2009, 12:37:23 AM »

I am calling it an early night.

As per tradition ... Papa and I just spent the last three hours trapsing through a corn maze with grandkids ... picking out special pumpkins and ... wolfing down hot dogs cooked on an open fire pit and ... eating sticking candied apples.

We are definitely getting too old with this.  Two eldest grandsons (10/11) came home with us and ... are sitting in front of a Star Wars episode and ... they can settle themselves down for the night when it is over became ... Papa and Mama will be sawing logs.

Good Night Monkeys.

Janet
9:35 PM PT

GoodNight & God Bless Janet!You are appreciated! an angelic monkey

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1022 on: October 25, 2009, 12:44:39 AM »

Do you believe the police transcripts to be trustworthy?

Well, I never really thought much about it.  They were in an Aruban police car and it was the
Aruban police that made the recording.  We know where that leads.

Aruba Girl left here and went to RU, was friends with Renfro.
I found some of her post here suspect before there was ever a forum, just the front page.
She was very defensive about Van der Stratten.

So.You don't trust them?

As I said, I haven't thought that much about it.
I guess I took it as maybe.....maybe not.
It just never seemed that important to me.
What difference?  They are all free now.

Just figured it was a simple yes or no?Maybe,maybe not!

Well, I guess if the tape was relevent, they would have used it before the judge to get additional jail
time for Joran and the Kalpoes.  That didn't happen. 
Doesn't that also apply to the RR tapes? rearrest urine?

Mos did bring the RR tapes before the judge to try to have Joran rearrested, but the judge denied because
Joran was a known liar.  Mos then appealed that decision to the 3 judge panel.

And you trust that dog and pony show Magnolia?

Don't twist my words, KTF!  I am just saying that he did bring it before a judge.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1023 on: October 25, 2009, 12:48:20 AM »

Well, I never really thought much about it.  They were in an Aruban police car and it was the

I found some of her post here suspect before there was ever a forum, just the front page.

So.You don't trust them?

Well, I guess if the tape was relevent, they would have used it before the judge to get additional jail

Mos did bring the RR tapes before the judge to try to have Joran rearrested, but the judge denied because

And you trust that dog and pony show Magnolia?

Don't twist my words, KTF!  I am just saying that he did bring it before a judge.
The question posed was very straight forward with absolutely NO twisting!

Do you trust Mos?

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1024 on: October 25, 2009, 12:51:31 AM »

No, that was not the question posted.

You know that I don't trust Mos at all.  I have said so many times.
But he did bring the RR tapes before the Judge and then appeal to a 3 judge panel.

Get over yourself!

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1025 on: October 25, 2009, 12:57:02 AM »

But he did bring the RR tapes before the Judge and then appeal to a 3 judge panel.

Get over yourself!

I asked a question Magnolia.I don't believe i was twisting your words!I have no idea why your making this personal?It's very unfortunate,especially coming from you!

MOHANDAS GANDHI
billb's daughter
Monkey Junky

No Body...No Tourism aruba! Bring Natalee Home!

« Reply #1026 on: October 25, 2009, 12:58:40 AM »

So.You don't trust them?

Magnolia....I admit I don't recall that mos brought the tapes to a judge and then appealed to a 3 judge panel.
I do think that Peter didn't reveal the tapes to mos until 24 Jan...and sometime between then and 29 Jan mos told Peter that the tapes did not have enough new evidence to rearrest urine...that prompt the 5th taping of urine by Patrick.
my point...that must have been the quickest review of the tapes by  a judge and 3 judge appeal in aruba history....
If you missed the Freebirds review of the police tape recordings..
http://nataleesfreebirds.blogspot.com/2007/04/corrupt-aruban-police-and-judges.html

I hope you don't think I'm picking on you...I'm not.
I am up for a good debate, and sincerely appreciate all inputs.....

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1027 on: October 25, 2009, 01:01:47 AM »

Get over yourself!

I asked a question Magnolia.I don't believe i was twisting your words!I have no idea why your making this personal?It's very unfortunate,especially coming from you!

I believe that your question had to do with a dog and pony show and did not mention Hans Mos at all.
And why is it especially unfortunate coming from Magnolia?  Is Magnolia just suppose to sit and take it.

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1028 on: October 25, 2009, 01:04:53 AM »

Get over yourself!

I believe that your question had to do with a dog and pony show and did not mention Hans Mos at all.
And why is it especially unfortunate coming from Magnolia?  Is Magnolia just suppose to sit and take it.

Hans Mos is the dog and pony show!

MOHANDAS GANDHI
billb's daughter
Monkey Junky

No Body...No Tourism aruba! Bring Natalee Home!

« Reply #1029 on: October 25, 2009, 01:05:14 AM »

I'm calling it a night Good Monkeys.
I fear I may be offending some when that is not my intention at all.....
Yes, I do dig hard and ask tough questions/even tough replies.....But I hope it doesn't appear as personal attacks...I've been called bullheaded at times...
Justice for Natalee is where it is at......
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1030 on: October 25, 2009, 01:07:09 AM »

So.You don't trust them?

Magnolia....I admit I don't recall that mos brought the tapes to a judge and then appealed to a 3 judge panel.
I do think that Peter didn't reveal the tapes to mos until 24 Jan...and sometime between then and 29 Jan mos told Peter that the tapes did not have enough new evidence to rearrest urine...that prompt the 5th taping of urine by Patrick.
my point...that must have been the quickest review of the tapes by  a judge and 3 judge appeal in aruba history....
If you missed the Freebirds review of the police tape recordings..
http://nataleesfreebirds.blogspot.com/2007/04/corrupt-aruban-police-and-judges.html

I hope you don't think I'm picking on you...I'm not.
I am up for a good debate, and sincerely appreciate all inputs.....

After the Peter DeVries episode aired, Mos tried to have Joran re-arrested.  The judge said that part of the reason
that he could not be detained was because he had been arrested in Nov and in June of 2005, therefore he could
not be arrested again.  Mos appealed that decision to the three judge panel who said that Joran was a known lilar.
Look it up!

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1031 on: October 25, 2009, 01:07:32 AM »

Yes, I do dig hard and ask tough questions/even tough replies.....But I hope it doesn't appear as personal attacks...I've been called bullheaded at times...

It is not my intention either BillB..JUSTICE IS WHERE IT'S AT.... an angelic monkey

MOHANDAS GANDHI
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1032 on: October 25, 2009, 01:29:47 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJNO4-xPqH4&feature=PlayList&p=B61081F8C549AA03&index=6

February 15, 2008

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qJNO4-xPqH4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/qJNO4-xPqH4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0</a>

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1033 on: October 25, 2009, 01:35:12 AM »

Good Night texasmom and Magnolia.

God Bless!  an angelic monkey

pb

STILL Standing With The GIRL, Natalee Holloway!
Caylee Anthony, Rest In Peace Little SUNSHINE.
Where is Haleigh Cummings?
BLESS ALL THE CHILDREN! BLESS ALL THE MISSING! BLESS YOU!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1034 on: October 25, 2009, 01:37:35 AM »

pb

Good night pb!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1035 on: October 25, 2009, 01:42:08 AM »

Good night billb!   

I do believe that Magnolia has the sequence of events correct, the information is out there.  I posted a youtube from the day that the appeal court refused to arrest Joran in relation to the RR taped conversations.  I'll post more links if time permits, I'm working on other things tonight.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1036 on: October 25, 2009, 01:45:46 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJNO4-xPqH4&feature=PlayList&p=B61081F8C549AA03&index=6

February 15, 2008

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qJNO4-xPqH4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/qJNO4-xPqH4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0</a>

Thank you, TM.  I needed that.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1037 on: October 25, 2009, 01:49:11 AM »

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20178404,00.html

Joran van der Sloot Won't Be Rearrested in Natalee Holloway Case

By Siobhan Morrissey

Originally posted Friday February 15, 2008 11:55 AM EST

Natalee Holloway (left) and Joran Van der Sloot

Photo by: AP; Peter Dejong / AP

Joran van der Sloot won't be rearrested in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway – despite what appeared to be his recent confession to the crime.

An Aruban court of appeal ruled late Thursday that while van der Sloot remains the prime suspect, he could not be rearrested solely on the confession, which was secretly taped inside a vehicle rigged with hidden cameras and recording devices.

The court found the Dutch student's statements could not be corroborated. Because he has given so many different versions of what happened the night Natalee disappeared nearly three years ago, it's hard to tell what really happened, the court says.

"Considering the possibility of a serious personality disorder – as voiced by the prosecution – combined with a personal history of untrue statements and remarks, which even according to the suspect himself are frequently false, the Court of Appeal has reasons for doubt regarding the incriminating character of the 'car-statement,'" the court stated.

Van der Sloot told a "friend" (who secretly recorded him for a Dutch TV show) that the Alabama teen went into convulsions and died on the beach the night she disappeared in May 2005. Then, van der Sloot said, someone dumped her at sea.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1038 on: October 25, 2009, 01:54:22 AM »

pb

Good night PB.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1039 on: October 25, 2009, 01:55:45 AM »

http://static.rnw.nl/migratie/www.radionetherlands.nl/currentaffairs/080204-holloway-arrest-sloot-redirected

Joran van der Sloot remains at liberty

BY ARWEN VAN GRAFHORST*

04-02-2008

Joran van der Sloot is - for the time being at least - not going to be arrested following his comments about the disappearance of US high school student Natalee Holloway.

A magistrate on the Caribbean island of Aruba says the young Dutchman's 'confessions' shown in Dutch crime reporter Peter R. de Vries' Sunday evening television programme are not sufficiently substantial to warrant his being rearrested. However, the investigation will be reopened.

The examining magistrate on Aruba has turned down a request from the Public Prosecutor's Office for the arrest of Joran van der Sloot. The Dutch teenager has already been detained twice and also held in custody for a time.

The examining magistrate says that, given this background of arrests and imprisonment, very strong arguments must be presented before Joran van der Sloot can be detained and held on remand once again.

Careful, caution
The legal authorities in Aruba have already viewed - parts of - Peter R. de Vries' video material. On 29 January 2008, when Joran van der Sloot was last filmed using a hidden camera, the examining magistrate ordered that the investigation into him be reopened.

The Aruban authorities say the video footage is such that its contents suggest, "that this version of the facts might come close to the truth". However, the Public Prosecutor's Office says the 'confessions' need to be approached with great care and caution. The mere circumstance that the television programme appears to have solved the case of Natalee Holloway's disappearance 'in front of many people' does not mean that this is necessarily sufficient material to obtain a conviction in court.

Peter R. de Vries' television programme - shown on a Dutch commercial channel on Sunday evening 3 February 2008 - drew some 7 million viewers, a record number for a non-sports programme.

New questions
Joran van der Sloot's revelations - as heard on the video material - have also led to new questions. For example, it's still not clear who his ‘accomplice' was. Joran van der Sloot says someone named Daury helped to dispose of Natalee Holloway's body in the sea.

However, Daury (21) is quoted in Dutch newspaper DAG as saying that he had nothing to do with the affair and that on the day of Natalee's disappearance he was at school in Rotterdam in the Netherlands.

It has been reported, incidentally, that it was Joran van der Sloot who gave DAG Daury's telephone number because he felt bad about having guilty that he gave the name of a friend as his accomplice so easily.

Forensic evaluation
The Aruban authorities have announced that they intend to ask forensic experts to determine whether Natalee Holloway was already dead when she was thrown into the sea. Radio Netherlands Worldwide correspondent Jos de Roo says it's hoped they will be able to provide a definitive answer as to Natalee Holloway's physical condition at the time.

"There's a suspicion that she wasn't dead at all. Forensic experts have to determine if the combination of alcohol and drugs was so lethal that she could have died right away. If that isn't the case, then the charge of contributing to her death will be added to that of the disappearance of the body."

Attitudes in Aruba

De Roo says most Arubans don't want to discuss the case. He says,
"They're fed up with it. Or they don't want to be quoted in the media because they'll be labelled as being either for or against [the suspect]".

There are also strong differences of opinion on the island, as De Roo explains:
"Some people believe that Joran didn't have anything to do with it. Others hope that this will be the big breakthrough that solve the case, so that Aruba as a whole can heave a sigh of relief and move forward."

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.