May 15, 2024, 11:55:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RUMORS OF BREAKING NEWS #9  (Read 231569 times)
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #220 on: June 18, 2005, 02:59:22 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
Apparently a daughter of a senior McWane executive goes to MB High and he has been helpful with planes and so on.  We established early on that FBI involvement owes to intercession of Senator Sessions and Condi Rice.   No known government security ties.  The father seems to down to earth and decent for that anyway.  

Quote from: "Ting"
special connections.

Well she, or more accurately, her family does have special connections. The US does not deploy FBI agents to missing person cases, nor do congressmen generally get involved. The family is certainly well off, they could afford to send their daughter on a trip to the Caribbean, and they could afford to go down and search for her themselves.

However, what I am getting at is that even those advantages may not be enough if the investigation takes certain turns. It was for that reason that I asked about her father's employment, and mentioned the other poster's reference to "security for Bush," because obviously such a circumstance would have some bearing on the level and scope of resources deployed.

Yeah they don't own planes or something. Her family is, from what I can tell (but we don't talk about this kind of thing...money I mean...at school), her family is even less well off than mine...we all live very comfotably, but don't have unlimited resources. They called the congressman, but they don't have any "connections". They can't really afford to be down there much longer...that's why there are funds to help them offset the costs. The fact that the reward was $10,000 should tell ya'll something-believe me, they put up all they had extra. Doesn't seem like much, does it? They aren't real rich...just middle class...probably upper, but in Mountain Brook, we ARE a little skewed...plain middle class here is upper anywhere else. But there are few families here that are in the "uber wealthy" or "really rich" categories. We're mostly upper middle class.

friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #221 on: June 18, 2005, 02:59:27 PM »

Quote from: "NativeLingo"
Hey CancunMole !! A very good afternoon to you!!!

hey to you both...
now for wiz and juvenal?
teo /wife of Crying or Very sad
do u have dag on?
just wondering ifdo u remember the chef guy

peace to all
NativeLingo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #222 on: June 18, 2005, 02:59:51 PM »

Hi Dragonfly Wink

Hello ALLLLL!!
Candide
Scared Monkey

« Reply #223 on: June 18, 2005, 03:00:10 PM »

edited
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #224 on: June 18, 2005, 03:00:24 PM »

Quote from: "dragonfly"
Okay guys, sorry, maybe I was a little premature in my post about everything being calm and friendly here today.   Sad

Dragonfly - I think some are still tired from too much of no new updates.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #225 on: June 18, 2005, 03:00:45 PM »

they do a noonish report but interrupt music for updates.  not a real heavy duty news depts, two reporters harry and elvis seem to be on the road every time they report.  

Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
Does the radio do the news on the half hour or just at random times>
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #226 on: June 18, 2005, 03:01:34 PM »

Quote from: "mehill10"
special connections.

Well she, or more accurately, her family does have special connections. The US does not deploy FBI agents to missing person cases, nor do congressmen generally get involved. The family is certainly well off, they could afford to send their daughter on a trip to the Caribbean, and they could afford to go down and search for her themselves.

However, what I am getting at is that even those advantages may not be enough if the investigation takes certain turns. It was for that reason that I asked about her father's employment, and mentioned the other poster's reference to "security for Bush," because obviously such a circumstance would have some bearing on the level and scope of resources deployed.

I don't know this for a fact but I was told that the mayor of mountain brook  was a ex secrete service agent it might have been BS  dash might know

Yeah I'm pretty sure this is BS...my parents said they've never heard that before, and he certainly doesn't seem like an FBI type! He's just too normal.

KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #227 on: June 18, 2005, 03:01:35 PM »

Quote from: "Sleeks"
Quote from: "KerinTX"
Kerin, I agree, but the point is that going on one of these trips does not make you one of the wealthy.

Many middle class kids do it.

Ohhh....I totally agree. You are talking to the middle-class right here. I saved for that trip for 3 years.

YES KERIN I too would agree with you - most parents want to please their kids especially if they have proven to be trustworthy.

Sleeks...didn't we hear somewhere (sorry I am on information overload at this point) that Natalee had traveled abroad a few times? I am thinking that is why her parents felt comfortable with letting her go to Aruba. I mean, safe island with no crime, with a big group. IMO her chances of being abducted from Aruba were probably the same as being abducted on a flight layover in NYC. (not to offend NYC!!)

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #228 on: June 18, 2005, 03:02:50 PM »

Kerin, I agree, but the point is that going on one of these trips does not make you one of the wealthy.

Many middle class kids do it.

Ohhh....I totally agree. You are talking to the middle-class right here. I saved for that trip for 3 years.

YES KERIN I too would agree with you - most parents want to please their kids especially if they have proven to be trustworthy.

Sleeks...didn't we hear somewhere (sorry I am on information overload at this point) that Natalee had traveled abroad a few times? I am thinking that is why her parents felt comfortable with letting her go to Aruba. I mean, safe island with no crime, with a big group. IMO her chances of being abducted from Aruba were probably the same as being abducted on a flight layover in NYC. (not to offend NYC!!)

Europe and Canada...and a lot of places in Europe are MUCH more dangerous than Aruba! But she isn't the type parents would be worried about going.

Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #229 on: June 18, 2005, 03:05:08 PM »

Well, Another K, the US population is quite diverse, and while there are many families who do enjoy sufficient resources after meeting basic needs to afford Caribbean vacations, there are many who do not, regardless of what "class" you or I or they themselves consider themselves.

And while it is also true that the majority of Americans who post on message boards tend more toward the affluent than poor side of things (obviously they have access to computers, internet connections, and time to post  Smile ) if the US is diverse, the internet is even more so, with the result that you might run into folks, even Americans, for whom a vacation to anywhere is an impossible dream.

And even for all those families who think nothing of sending their kids off to an island vacation, I am not sure that the majority of them would be in a position to go there themselves and stay for a couple of weeks.

However, all of that does not mean that Mr. Holloway is Bill Gates. Or Dick Cheney. And that is my point. There are many levels of affluence and connectedness and influence, and it may be that while the question of what happened to Natalee may not be answered, the question of just how far the Holloways are able to push the search may be.
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #230 on: June 18, 2005, 03:05:44 PM »

I Agree Kerin and Hello to Mbhs05 I think they felt comfortable with her traveling - she never proved to be irresponsible.  What parent would worry now.  It's not logical.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #231 on: June 18, 2005, 03:05:59 PM »

Quote from: "mbhs05"

Yeah they don't own planes or something. Her family is, from what I can tell (but we don't talk about this kind of thing...money I mean...at school), her family is even less well off than mine...we all live very comfotably, but don't have unlimited resources. They called the congressman, but they don't have any "connections". They can't really afford to be down there much longer...that's why there are funds to help them offset the costs. The fact that the reward was $10,000 should tell ya'll something-believe me, they put up all they had extra. Doesn't seem like much, does it? They aren't real rich...just middle class...probably upper, but in Mountain Brook, we ARE a little skewed...plain middle class here is upper anywhere else. But there are few families here that are in the "uber wealthy" or "really rich" categories. We're mostly upper middle class.

And frankly, upper middle class in Alabama is not the same as upper middle class in California (less money goes a lot farther in AL). The point about the original reward money should be a huge clue -- this is not an overtly wealthy, privileged family. However, given that there are actually two families - step-parents - there are probably more resources available than one.

mbhs05 -- someone posted a rumor that there was a donation fund set up at AmBank in B'ham. I went to their site but saw nothing. Do you know anything about this? thanks
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #232 on: June 18, 2005, 03:06:55 PM »

they do a noonish report but interrupt music for updates.  not a real heavy duty news depts, two reporters harry and elvis seem to be on the road every time they report.  

for what its worth her fox is doing timline/ for next houer?

peace to all
pinto
Scared Monkey

« Reply #233 on: June 18, 2005, 03:07:04 PM »

And even for all those families who think nothing of sending their kids off to an island vacation, I am not sure that the majority of them would be in a position to go there themselves and stay for a couple of weeks.....

Is the Holiday Inn actually CHARGING them for their room??
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #234 on: June 18, 2005, 03:08:07 PM »

Okay guys, sorry, maybe I was a little premature in my post about everything being calm and friendly here today.   Sad

Sleeks, I don't think the authorities are taking the sites down. That's these guys main way to communicate with women in the US. If you notice, the site of Horan's I was looking at did not go down, it was just cleared of postings (evidence?).

Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #235 on: June 18, 2005, 03:08:48 PM »

Quote from: "pinto"
And even for all those families who think nothing of sending their kids off to an island vacation, I am not sure that the majority of them would be in a position to go there themselves and stay for a couple of weeks.....

Is the Holiday Inn actually CHARGING them for their room??

OMG - I certainly HOPE NOT.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #236 on: June 18, 2005, 03:09:08 PM »

Quote from: "chloe2"
Quote from: "mbhs05"

And frankly, upper middle class in Alabama is not the same as upper middle class in California (less money goes a lot farther in AL). The point about the original reward money should be a huge clue -- this is not an overtly wealthy, privileged family. However, given that there are actually two families - step-parents - there are probably more resources available than one.

mbhs05 -- someone posted a rumor that there was a donation fund set up at AmBank in B'ham. I went to their site but saw nothing. Do you know anything about this? thanks

Well let me tell you money does NOT go very far in Mountain Brook...eesh. People charge us out the wazoo. Stupid people.
I know there's more than one account...I don't know if there's one at Amsouth...maybe you could go in and ask? There was a post earlier about an account set up in Mississippi too...I haven't been to the bank yet, but I have to go today anyway-I'll ask them when I get there and if they have one, I'll post it soon as I get back!!!

KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #237 on: June 18, 2005, 03:09:36 PM »

Does the radio do the news on the half hour or just at random times>

Iquitos...is this the only radio staion in Aruba, do you know?

Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #238 on: June 18, 2005, 03:10:34 PM »

Sleeks, I don't think the authorities are taking the sites down. That's these guys main way to communicate with women in the US. If you notice, the site of Horan's I was looking at did not go down, it was just cleared of postings (evidence?).

OK BUT WOULD THESE GUYS have access (even to laptops) in Jail????

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
bobcats1996
Scared Monkey

« Reply #239 on: June 18, 2005, 03:10:38 PM »

if her family was worth millions the people holding her would have found that out by now and demanded a ransom for Natalee.  M thank you for clearing this.  I know from working for a Senator even if you know the Senator that does not mean you can get in and get strings pulled.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.