May 17, 2024, 06:03:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #3 4/15/09 -4/27/09  (Read 447428 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1520 on: April 24, 2009, 06:22:37 PM »

Klaas can you pelase send me an email to the account I registered with? 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1521 on: April 24, 2009, 06:23:07 PM »

http://www.kron.com/News/ArticleView/tabid/298/smid/1126/ArticleID/1190/reftab/36/t/KRON-4-s-Dan-Kerman-s-Observations-from-Inside-Courtroom-Friday/Default.aspx

KRON 4's Dan Kerman's Observations from Inside Courtroom Friday
Created by Dan Kerman on 4/24/2009 2:40:31 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STOCKTON (KRON) -- A much calmer Melissa Huckaby entered the courtroom at 12:56 Friday afternoon… in fact the woman who wept during her first court appearance managed to smile a couple of times while speaking to her attorney.  However, once judge Linda Lofthus entered the courtroom her demeanor turned serious.

Public defender Samuel Behar indicated he would ask for a delay in the arraignment and not enter a plea.  The judge asked Huckaby if that was ok and she said “yes.”

Then the public defender withdrew his request to exhume Sandra Cantu’s body.  That request was accepted by both the judge and the prosecution.

Then deputy district attorney Thomas Testa made a motion to seal the autopsy and toxicology reports.  Both the defense and the judge agreed.  In her findings the judge Lofthus said while the public has the right to have access to these documents they must remain sealed to ensure Huckaby gets a fair trail.  If the autopsy and toxicology reports were to be released the judge said there is a “danger of public outrage” and it would also infringe on Sandra Cantu’s family’s privacy rights. 

Sporting a jail-issued red jumpsuit, Huckaby remained quiet and alert and focused on the judge during the proceedings.  Also quiet and showing no emotion during the hearing were Huckaby’s father, aunt and grandmother who were seated behind her.   Sandra Cantu’s grandparents and aunt and uncle were on the other side of the courtroom and also demonstrated no emotion during the 15 minute hearing.

Attorneys then turned to the defense’s request for a delay in the arraignment.  Huckaby’s attorney argued he needed the time to review all investigative materials and other “discovery” that has been collected by the district attorney.

The deputy D.A. said so far he has turned over 500 pages of discovery and recordings and his office would need 2 to 3 more weeks to turn over the rest of it.  The judge set the next hearing for a month from today on Friday may 22 at 1pm in department 14.  Huckaby could enter a plea at that time.

The Judge then reiterated that a gag order remains in place, however she indicated she was open to holding a hearing on the matter, should either of the attorneys or presumably the media wish to bring a challenge.

Court was adjourned at 1:10pm, 14 minutes after it began. 

Calimode
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1522 on: April 24, 2009, 06:23:20 PM »

No, they wern't very close, I've never met him. I think he was the recruter that got my husband his last job.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1523 on: April 24, 2009, 06:28:21 PM »

Guess they may have thought they were above the law...with a name like...

Law less. 

Ironic, isn't it... 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1524 on: April 24, 2009, 06:41:28 PM »

Deenie, I thought I'd try to help a little by doing a generalized search for the last name "Lawless" in California.  My goal was to see how many "aliases" I come up with.  A search for the entire state of California reported in excess of 3000 hits, which is too many to manage.  So I limited it to the last name "Lawless" within a 100 mile radius of Tracy (for starts).  Came up with 294 hits.  Many of the names have "aliases," but it is difficult to tell if they are geniune or not.  For example, some of the females may be reporting pre- or post-marriage names, which of course, are likely genuine.  But there are a number of males that appear to have changed their last names to "Lawless" for whatever reason.  I you want, I can filter them for you.  JLMK

Wasn't it discovered that Pastor Lawless also had an alias??

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1525 on: April 24, 2009, 06:44:31 PM »

Deenie, I thought I'd try to help a little by doing a generalized search for the last name "Lawless" in California.  My goal was to see how many "aliases" I come up with.  A search for the entire state of California reported in excess of 3000 hits, which is too many to manage.  So I limited it to the last name "Lawless" within a 100 mile radius of Tracy (for starts).  Came up with 294 hits.  Many of the names have "aliases," but it is difficult to tell if they are geniune or not.  For example, some of the females may be reporting pre- or post-marriage names, which of course, are likely genuine.  But there are a number of males that appear to have changed their last names to "Lawless" for whatever reason.  I you want, I can filter them for you.  JLMK

Wasn't it discovered that Pastor Lawless also had an alias??

AZSunny, I'm not sure if an actual alias or simply sometimes using his full name and sometimes not.  I believe his full name is Clifford Lane Lawless but he usually goes just by Lane Lawless.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1526 on: April 24, 2009, 06:46:57 PM »

Wasn't there something posted previously regarding a family member(s) and an employment agency? I am having deja vu

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1527 on: April 24, 2009, 06:59:49 PM »

Wasn't there something posted previously regarding a family member(s) and an employment agency? I am having deja vu

I don't remember that Tracygirl.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1528 on: April 24, 2009, 07:12:14 PM »

Was it Deenie or Wyks that posted something about that last week? Do you 2 remember?
You know this story has had so many twists and turns my memory bank is on over load! But I think I remember reading about a female in the lawless family that had a employment agency or was it a church member? Does anyone remember this?

I am still in shock over a few things. For one Lane Lawless being questioned in the 1980's regarding an abuse case and to hear this is something the locals do not care to remember? It must have been horrible story. I have tried to dig up something on it but I can't find anything. Did anyone else?
Then to hear a relative was arrested for Lewd acts.... then to read what Deenie posted about Philippines. I have  heard of the problems with child prostitution over there. This is big isn't it....it is just shocking
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1529 on: April 24, 2009, 07:33:26 PM »

Was it Deenie or Wyks that posted something about that last week? Do you 2 remember?
You know this story has had so many twists and turns my memory bank is on over load! But I think I remember reading about a female in the lawless family that had a employment agency or was it a church member? Does anyone remember this?

I am still in shock over a few things. For one Lane Lawless being questioned in the 1980's regarding an abuse case and to hear this is something the locals do not care to remember? It must have been horrible story. I have tried to dig up something on it but I can't find anything. Did anyone else?
Then to hear a relative was arrested for Lewd acts.... then to read what Deenie posted about Philippines. I have  heard of the problems with child prostitution over there. This is big isn't it....it is just shocking

Twists and turns for sure!  An employment agency?  Sorry, I don't remember posting about that.  Am trying to remember if I even read anything like that.  Have heard about Melissa working at a store, that's about it.  We've gotten so much info lately, am in definite overload here!   

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1530 on: April 24, 2009, 07:43:38 PM »

Twists and turns for sure!  An employment agency?  Sorry, I don't remember posting about that.  Am trying to remember if I even read anything like that.  Have heard about Melissa working at a store, that's about it.  We've gotten so much info lately, am in definite overload here!   

TG, am trying to find what Melissa's ex hubby said about her.  That was last week sometime, maybe he said something about it?  It's hard to pull up info from various news sites, cuz some of them have changed what they've reported, either because of updating with newer news, and/or deleting some things due to the gag order.  Still checking tho.   Deenie may remember something about it.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1531 on: April 24, 2009, 08:08:24 PM »

TG, am trying to find what Melissa's ex hubby said about her.  That was last week sometime, maybe he said something about it?  It's hard to pull up info from various news sites, cuz some of them have changed what they've reported, either because of updating with newer news, and/or deleting some things due to the gag order.  Still checking tho.   Deenie may remember something about it.

I hate the news, another teaser....The questioning in Washington doesn't have to do with Lane Lawless directly but another pastor at the church...But they said more at 6 uggg.
Also, sorces say the grandmother was home at the time Sandra went missing. Did we not know this already? The question is, where was the grandfather???? I am not going to  be home at 6, maybe someone near me can watch and report what this is about?
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1532 on: April 24, 2009, 08:28:59 PM »

I hate the news, another teaser....The questioning in Washington doesn't have to do with Lane Lawless directly but another pastor at the church...But they said more at 6 uggg.
Also, sorces say the grandmother was home at the time Sandra went missing. Did we not know this already? The question is, where was the grandfather???? I am not going to  be home at 6, maybe someone near me can watch and report what this is about?

Melissa is the one who said that her grandmother was home, because she supposedly called Melissa about the keys/phone and also supposedly said something about the suitcase wasn't in the driveway.  (think that was an attempt at setting up a supposed alibi of sorts for Melissa?)  Still haven't heard anything about where the grandfather was. 

Am curious to see what the local news there reports.  I hear ya on the news teasers tho, I think done mainly to pull viewers in.

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1533 on: April 24, 2009, 09:00:32 PM »

Melissa is the one who said that her grandmother was home, because she supposedly called Melissa about the keys/phone and also supposedly said something about the suitcase wasn't in the driveway.  (think that was an attempt at setting up a supposed alibi of sorts for Melissa?)  Still haven't heard anything about where the grandfather was. 

Am curious to see what the local news there reports.  I hear ya on the news teasers tho, I think done mainly to pull viewers in.

Where did everyone go??

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1534 on: April 24, 2009, 09:13:11 PM »

I'm hear and waiting about the teaser that is going to be on the news.
ChihuahuaMom
Scared Monkey

LittleMan 2008 AKC top 5th agility chihuahua

« Reply #1535 on: April 24, 2009, 09:21:18 PM »

any news yet about the teaser?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1536 on: April 24, 2009, 09:28:51 PM »

No
Catbert
Scared Monkey

Catbert the Monkey Lover

« Reply #1537 on: April 24, 2009, 09:33:47 PM »

No

Me too... waiting 

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow A Mystery
Today is a Gift
that

is why we call it the PRESENT
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1538 on: April 24, 2009, 09:41:43 PM »

Also waiting...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Catbert
Scared Monkey

Catbert the Monkey Lover

« Reply #1539 on: April 24, 2009, 10:10:42 PM »

anyone else watching 20/20 while we wait? 

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow A Mystery
Today is a Gift
that

is why we call it the PRESENT
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.