May 13, 2024, 05:24:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #840 6/17/10 - 6/22/10  (Read 372952 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1360 on: June 21, 2010, 09:12:48 AM »

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpps/news/joran-van-der-sloot-retracts-confession-to-flores-murder-dpgonc-20100621-fc_8229634
Joran van der Sloot Retracts 'Forced' Confession to Flores Murder

Updated: Monday, 21 Jun 2010, 7:41 AM CDT
Published : Monday, 21 Jun 2010, 7:41 AM CDT

(NewsCore) - Joran van der Sloot took back his confession to the brutal murder of Peruvian student Stephany Flores, saying police had "tricked" him with false promises of extradition to Aruba, Dutch daily newspaper De Telegraaf reported Monday.

The 21-year-old, also a prime suspect in the 2005 disappearance of American tourist Natalee Holloway, described his "blind panic" when confronted with the extradition papers following his apprehension in Chile.

"I was scared during the interrogation and confused and wanted to leave," van der Sloot said from his cell in Lima's notorious Miguel Castro Castro prison. Previous reports indicated that van der Sloot had been petrified of being locked up in Peru. He told the Dutch newspaper his cell was infested with rats.

Van der Sloot did not give details on how exactly he was tricked, telling the paper, "How exactly this (trickery) happened, I will tell you later."
The Dutch national has changed his story regarding how Flores' severely beaten corpse came to be in his hotel room, telling authorities last week that she had been attacked by an armed robber.

Story shifting is not new for van der Sloot, who, in 2008 told Fox News anchor Greta van Susteren that he had sold 18-year-old Holloway to a man who traveled between Aruba and Venezuela. He later admitted to fabricating the story and returned to his former stance that he had nothing to do with Holloway's disappearance.

After confessing to murdering Flores after a night of poker playing, van der Sloot told authorities he would lead them to Holloway's body if they sent him back to Aruba. It is unclear if van der Sloot retracted this offer along with his confession.

Van der Sloot is due to face a Peruvian judge on charges of first degree murder Monday

Joran, you have lied so many times, you are the boy who cried wolf, no one is listening anymore.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1361 on: June 21, 2010, 09:20:03 AM »

I noticed somewhere that as Joran exited the hotel, an employee asked him to move the car.

Do we know where the car was parked? If it was parked illegally, or maybe in an loading/unloading area that most hotels have? I think that might have a bearing on why Stephany went to the hotel - not intending to be there long.

I'll look for where that was mentioned.  I remember the hotel had an underground parking area.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1362 on: June 21, 2010, 09:25:06 AM »

I noticed somewhere that as Joran exited the hotel, an employee asked him to move the car.

Do we know where the car was parked? If it was parked illegally, or maybe in an loading/unloading area that most hotels have? I think that might have a bearing on why Stephany went to the hotel - not intending to be there long.

I'll look for

It's JORAN that mentioned having to move the car in his confession:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8133.msg1163235#new

"I got up thinking what to do. There was also blood on my shirt and on the bed. When I took my shirt and I pushed it hard on her face, until she was dead. Then I thought: now what? I left the hotel but the receptionist told me I had to move the car. I went back to room 309. I wanted to flee the hotel. I grabbed my two bags and I drove away with the car. I do not remember where. I have about five minutes driving around. Then I took a taxi to the international airport "Jorge Chavez". Then I thought that I better not by plane could go. I took a taxi to the other side of town, at a bus terminal."
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1363 on: June 21, 2010, 09:26:08 AM »

Some notes I took last night while tuning in to Steph Watts' blogtalk radio:

1)  ABC paid Melody $150,000 for her diary,etc.

2)  Steph was able to talk with some of his friends who told him that Joran was known as a bully
     school-so much so, that once he had to get up & apologize to everyone at school.

3)  When Sebastian was seven years old, Joran beat him up so badly that Sebastian had to be
     hospitalized and almost died.
And they didn't put him away for that???????????????????????????

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1364 on: June 21, 2010, 09:40:09 AM »

2)  Steph was able to talk with some of his friends who told him that Joran was known as a bully
     school-so much so, that once he had to get up & apologize to everyone at school.

3)  When Sebastian was seven years old, Joran beat him up so badly that Sebastian had to be
I'm just shaking my head over that, wonder what the parents said to the people at the hospital, I'm sure they lied about what really happened.
RoxiBalboa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1365 on: June 21, 2010, 09:43:22 AM »

..."Anita van der Sloot said Joran had been very affected by his father's death earlier this year and felt he was responsible. "

Dear Anita, how, if Joran and Paulus were not involved in Natalee's disappearance, would Joran have caused Paulus' death? If neither were involved, Joran would not feel guilt, nor would Paulus drop dead at 57 if he wasn't involved. Idiots, all of them.

Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1366 on: June 21, 2010, 09:44:19 AM »

I'm just shaking my head over that, wonder what the parents said to the people at the hospital, I'm sure they lied about what really happened.

WTH?! How could a parent bring that monster back into their home with their two other sons after that? What the hell is wrong with those two? It clearly stated to Val and Sebastian, Joran is more important than you, just don't piss him off and you will be fine. How can she say with a straight face that he had nothing to do with Natalee? She thinks the rest of the world is just stupid and will believe her? Anita and Cindy Anthony are made of the same cloth. Hopefully that cloth has been burned.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1367 on: June 21, 2010, 09:49:21 AM »

http://elcomercio.pe/noticia/498276/joran-van-der-sloot-declara-hoy-ante-juez-caso-penal-castro-castro

It's currently 8:49am in Peru

Through translator:

Joran van der Sloot declared today before the trial judge in the Castro Castro prison

The Netherlands citizen, confessed murderer in the death of Stephany Flores, give their testimony from 10 am before Judge Carlos Morales Cordova
Monday June 21, 2010 - 8:00 a.m.

Tell the truth. Joran Andreas Petrus van der Sloot will be questioned this morning about the brutal murder of young Stephany Flores happened the fateful morning of May 30 at a hotel in Miraflores.

According to judicial sources, the statement of confessed murderer of the college student is scheduled for 10 am at the Miguel Castro Castro prison, where he is being held.

Judge of the Fourth Criminal Court of Lima, Carlos Morales Cordova will be responsible for clarifying the facts and determine responsibility for the crime of Stephany Flores, whose crime is configured with the crimes of homicide and simple theft.

As recalled, the Dutchman Joran van der Sloot, 22 years old, remains in jail since last July 11 in a case that has gone around the world and is followed by the U.S. Justice Department that relates to disappearance of Natalee Holloway in Aruba young.

DECLARE INVOLVED
Those testifying should also consist of brothers John Oswald and John Williams and Carlos Alberto Aparcana Pisconte Pretil Uribe, who are accused of having facilitated the transportation of Joran van der Sloot of Nasca to Tacna.

It is presumed that they were aware of the crime committed by the citizens Netherlands and although it helped him escape to Chile.

The statements of the alleged perpetrators, tried to subpoena restricted by the offense of failure to report, are scheduled for 23, 24 and June 25 from 2:30 pm

The holder of the Fourth Criminal Court of Lima also had the realization of psychological and psychiatric expertise to the principal defendant, and the ratification of the autopsy and all the expert opinions made in the preliminary stage (fingerprint, forensic psychology, criminal roadworthiness, toxicological , etc.), so that experts explain the reason for their opinions.

Through a statement issued days ago, the Court of Lima reported that the reconstruction of the events will be scheduled in due course, depending on progress of the criminal proceedings.

Natalee HOLLOWAY CASE
The press release said if any evidence emerges referred to the death of American teenager Natalee Holloway in Aruba, the court stated that it will evaluate and take necessary measures so that relevant authorities can achieve such evidence without affecting the process Peru or the fundamental rights of the accused.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1368 on: June 21, 2010, 09:53:42 AM »

I'll look for

It's JORAN that mentioned having to move the car in his confession:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8133.msg1163235#new

"I got up thinking what to do. There was also blood on my shirt and on the bed. When I took my shirt and I pushed it hard on her face, until she was dead. Then I thought: now what? I left the hotel but the receptionist told me I had to move the car. I went back to room 309. I wanted to flee the hotel. I grabbed my two bags and I drove away with the car. I do not remember where. I have about five minutes driving around. Then I took a taxi to the international airport "Jorge Chavez". Then I thought that I better not by plane could go. I took a taxi to the other side of town, at a bus terminal."

Thanks klaas.

See, what I'm thinking is that if she just parked in the street in front of the hotel, or in maybe a short-term parking area (10 minute type of thing), it would be a clear indication that she didn't intend to spend any time there.

(And, too, maybe she didn't want to sit by herself in the car in front of a literally tacky hotel.)

Just one of those little details; don't know if it's anything significant.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1369 on: June 21, 2010, 09:55:53 AM »

Oh, gosh, I messed up the quote stack. Sorry klaas.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1370 on: June 21, 2010, 09:57:38 AM »

Were the authorities involved?  I suppose in Aruba there is no requirement to report obvious child abuse.

Anita did say Joran kicked his brothers.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1371 on: June 21, 2010, 09:58:14 AM »

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1000/Nieuws/article/detail/492100/2010/06/21/Joran-bekende-in-blinde-paniek.dhtml

Through translator:

First 3 comments through translator:

Richard-Lelystad

It is all a game this scary man. For his victims, he does not feel anything, he just uses them for his dirty games. And then you see that some figures this man to hand over your head and / or pity him and / or believe in his innocence. These people have a terrible record on their heads.
Offensive? Inappropriate? Tell us
06/21/1910 3:22 p.m.

Moses

"In blind panic", as he also murdered his victims. Indeed he does everything in a panic. This man, the item of the 21st century, and goes like psychopath in history books. by its "cut" way of doing things, we spent his hog for a criminal conviction and convenience.
06/21/1910 3:06 p.m.

Sand vendor

There is also something like pseudologia fantastica. The person tells a lie but logical sounding stories where he himself believes. If Joran is a pathological liar and he knows well that he is lying. But he must be crazy.
06/21/1910 2:58 p.m.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1372 on: June 21, 2010, 09:59:42 AM »

msmarple - excellent point about the car and I believe you're on to something.  Hopefully LE will look into that aspect as well especially because it is in his confession.
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1373 on: June 21, 2010, 10:03:35 AM »

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpps/news/joran-van-der-sloot-retracts-confession-to-flores-murder-dpgonc-20100621-fc_8229634
Joran van der Sloot Retracts 'Forced' Confession to Flores Murder

Updated: Monday, 21 Jun 2010, 7:41 AM CDT
Published : Monday, 21 Jun 2010, 7:41 AM CDT

(NewsCore) - Joran van der Sloot took back his confession to the brutal murder of Peruvian student Stephany Flores, saying police had "tricked" him with false promises of extradition to Aruba, Dutch daily newspaper De Telegraaf reported Monday.

The 21-year-old, also a prime suspect in the 2005 disappearance of American tourist Natalee Holloway, described his "blind panic" when confronted with the extradition papers following his apprehension in Chile.

"I was scared during the interrogation and confused and wanted to leave," van der Sloot said from his cell in Lima's notorious Miguel Castro Castro prison. Previous reports indicated that van der Sloot had been petrified of being locked up in Peru. He told the Dutch newspaper his cell was infested with rats.

Van der Sloot did not give details on how exactly he was tricked, telling the paper, "How exactly this (trickery) happened, I will tell you later."The Dutch national has changed his story regarding how Flores' severely beaten corpse came to be in his hotel room, telling authorities last week that she had been attacked by an armed robber.

Story shifting is not new for van der Sloot, who, in 2008 told Fox News anchor Greta van Susteren that he had sold 18-year-old Holloway to a man who traveled between Aruba and Venezuela. He later admitted to fabricating the story and returned to his former stance that he had nothing to do with Holloway's disappearance.

After confessing to murdering Flores after a night of poker playing, van der Sloot told authorities he would lead them to Holloway's body if they sent him back to Aruba. It is unclear if van der Sloot retracted this offer along with his confession.

Van der Sloot is due to face a Peruvian judge on charges of first degree murder Monday

..As soon as I think of a REALLY, REALLY good story.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1374 on: June 21, 2010, 10:06:15 AM »

Deepak's comment about not leaving "him alone with the girl" coupled with Satish's questioning "how's the girl?" lead me to believe that Joran and his father are the perpetrators based on, "your own father..unbelievable."

It's a reasonable conclusion.

I can imagine a scenario where Joran is raping Natalee (or all 3) and she gets hurt.  Kalpoes get scared and leave.  Joran kills Natalee so she won't talk, much like he did to Stephany. 

Satish Kalpoes - Suspect Statement - June 13, 2005

My mother was then going to wake me up at 10.30 a.m. She though overslept and did not wake me up. I woke up around 12.00 noon. My brother woke up around 1 p.m. I asked him how Joran did get home during the night. He told me Joran had called him while walking in the direction to his home. He told me Joran told him he walked bare feet because he left the shoes at the beach. Then I asked my brother how the girl was doing. He told me Joran told him he left the girl behind at the beach.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=382.0

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1375 on: June 21, 2010, 10:06:24 AM »

Joran wants to confer with his attorney for help in coming up with a story of how he was tricked into confessing. 

He isn't smart enough to come up with one on his own.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1376 on: June 21, 2010, 10:09:14 AM »

charlierat Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:41 am       

Go ahead and recant the confession. Toss it out altogether. All it means is that the Peruvian case will proceed on the physical and circumstantial evidence, which is rock solid in this case.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1377 on: June 21, 2010, 10:10:02 AM »

Exactly-can you believe it?  Unreal.
RoxiBalboa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1378 on: June 21, 2010, 10:17:59 AM »

If you have facebook join this group "Anywhere But Aruba"
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Anywhere-But-Aruba-ABA/127813283909570?ref=ts

TruTv seems to be having continuing coverage in Peru this morning to cover the court appearance

Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1379 on: June 21, 2010, 10:22:43 AM »

Roxi,
Thank you, yes they are still covering it.

I have seen coverage on all major networks, most with follow up stories.
Jinkasaurus on now explaining proceedings. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.