May 22, 2024, 01:42:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT for Missing 10 YO Jessica Ridgeway, Westminster, CO(BODY FOUND)  (Read 874453 times)
pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2012, 02:20:57 AM »

I know this could happen to anyone's child.  Life is just not perfect.  Still, we have to do what we can to protect our kids.  My son is a large ten year old... very strong, fast, and athletic.  He's already taller than me standing at 5'4".  I still will not let him walk alone to the bus in the morning.  He asked this morning again and I had to say no because the bus stop is .25 mile away and I can't see it from our house. 

There are predators in every city and town.  I hope to see the day when our laws and public awareness change so that we enact a cleaning of this scourge from our neighborhoods. 

Lord, protect Jessica.  Send your angels to be with her and her Mom and Dad.  Shine your light down upon this perpetrator so everyone sees who and what he is, that he may be caught and prevented from doing this ever again. 

an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey

Praying with you, Sister

pb

STILL Standing With The GIRL, Natalee Holloway!
Caylee Anthony, Rest In Peace Little SUNSHINE.
Where is Haleigh Cummings?
BLESS ALL THE CHILDREN! BLESS ALL THE MISSING! BLESS YOU!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #141 on: October 10, 2012, 01:37:49 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Westminster-PD/141296864304

Westminster PD
48 minutes ago.

We are receiving hundreds of tips, a handful from other states, about the Jessica Ridgeway disappearance . Westminster PD is following up on every lead. These are tips only.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #142 on: October 10, 2012, 01:41:21 PM »

http://twitter.com/WestminsterPD

27mWestminster Police‏@WestminsterPD
WPD PIO available @ 11:30 briefing in front of WPD. Briefing about today’s efforts, Witt Elem lockout & out of state tips. #JessicaRidgeway

53mWestminster Police‏@WestminsterPD
We are receiving 100s of tips, a handful from other states, about #JessicaRidgeway. WPD following up on every lead. These are tips only.

1hWestminster Police‏@WestminsterPD
Witt Elementary on lockout due to level of officer presence in the canvass area. No threat to the school, doors locked, business as usual.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #143 on: October 10, 2012, 01:55:22 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Westminster-PD/141296864304

Westminster PD
about an hour ago.

Today we are joined by Federal Probation, Lakewood PD, Adams County & Jefferson County Sheriff Offices who are being bused in by RTD to Westminster PD to help with canvassing in the search to find Jessica Ridgeway.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2012, 02:16:43 PM »

I keep thinking about Somer Thompson.  Who has been staying in that neighborhood the past few months?  Who isn't there now?  I hope LE can find some clue on the bookbag or water bottle.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2012, 02:44:08 PM »

Video at link

http://www.9news.com/news/local/article/293754/222/LIVE-VIDEO-Missing-girl-update

Day 6: Missing Westminster girl Jessica Ridgeway still gone, family remains hopeful
12:52 PM, Oct 10, 2012

SUPERIOR - Authorities will continue their search for 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway - who went missing Friday.

COMPLETE COVERAGE OF JESSICA RIDGEWAY'S MISSING CASE

According to Westminster spokesperson Trevor Matarasso, the department started talking to Maine police after a significant tip came forward where a tipster claimed they saw a girl matching Jessica's description in a car in Maine on Sunday. Matarasso says they are taking it seriously, as they are all the other tips they have received.

Matarasso also said Witt Elementary School - which is where Jessica attended - will be on lockout as the investigation continues. Police requested the lockout because of police activity around the school. What this means for parents is they can come and pick up their kids if they show identification, and kids cannot play outside during recess.

Westminster Police say the department has taken more than 650 phone calls on their tipline regarding Jessica's disappearance. He encouraged residents to keep calling, tweeting, texting their friends and posting on Facebook to make sure people know to keep looking for Jessica.

Matarasso said Wednesday during an early-morning press conference land and bodies of water searches will continue on Wednesday. The land searches are focused on around the area where she disappeared. The bodies of water searches are merely precautionary.

On Monday afternoon, an 11-year-old girl in Cody, Wyo., was lured into an SUV by a man who approached her and two friends. He told them that he was missing his black lab puppy and asked if they could help him find it, police say.

One girl climbed in and he drove away. Later, one of the other children called the police to report the incident.

An Amber Alert was issued, and police received a report of a little girl walking down a road just outside Cody. It was the missing girl, and the Amber Alert was canceled.

It is unknown at this time whether this Cody case and Jessica's case are connected, however Matarasso confirmed Wednesday they are investigating all angles and are aware of the case.

Cody, Wyo. is about 500 miles northwest of Westminster.
 ::snipping2::
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2012, 02:44:13 PM »

Tips from 5 states in Colorado missing girl case
Updated 11:22 a.m., Wednesday, October 10, 2012

They didn't release details but have previously said they're looking at whether there's a link between Jessica's disappearance and the abduction of an 11-year-old girl in Cody, Wyo., on Monday. The Wyoming girl was lured into a man's vehicle and released later that day. Investigators are looking for the suspect.

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Police-explore-possible-Wyo-link-to-missing-girl-3935519.php
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2012, 05:16:38 PM »

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/region_missouri/independence/jessica-ridgeway-sighting-police-in-maine-on-lookout-for-station-wagon
Jessica Ridgeway sighting? Police in Maine on lookout for station wagon
Posted: 11:58 AM 10/10/12
Last Updated: 27 minutes ago

DEXTER, Maine - Authorities in Maine have put out a call to stop a car with Colorado plates in connection to the disappearance of Jessica Ridgeway.
 KMGH, our Scripps affiliate station in Denver, reports police in the town of Dexter, Maine have issued a statewide alert for a light blue station wagon after a possible sighting of the 10-year-old girl.

A woman saw Jessica’s picture on the internet on Tuesday and alerted police she saw a girl who looked very much like Jessica in the back seat of a light blue Buick station wagon on Sunday, KMGH reported.

WABI-TV, out of Bangor, Maine, reports somebody reported seeing the same vehicle in Harmony, about 14 miles southeast of Dexter.

Sgt. Alan Grinnel, with the Dexter Police Department, told KMGH they have had no confirmation that the girl the woman spotted was Jessica, but authorities there are taking the tip seriously.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2012, 05:50:52 PM »

http://www.9news.com/news/article/293806/339/Report-Girl-resembling-Jessica-spotted-in-ME

Report of girl resembling the missing Westminster 10-year-old girl Jessica Ridgeway spotted in Dexter, Maine
1:51 PM, Oct 10, 2012

KUSA - A resident reported seeing a girl who resembled missing Westminster 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway in Maine on Sunday, according to reports. After police received that tip, authorities filed a statewide alert for the vehicle described by the woman.

COMPLETE COVERAGE OF JESSICA RIDGEWAY'S MISSING CASE

Sgt. Alan Grinnell with the Dexter, Maine Police told 9NEWS the woman told police she saw the girl resembling Ridgeway Sunday afternoon on Spring Street in Dexter - a small town northwest of Bangor in central Maine. Dexter is 2,092 miles from Westminster, Colo.

The witness did not report the sighting to police until Tuesday at 10 a.m. because she did not see the Amber Alert for Jessica on her computer until Tuesday morning, Grinell told 9NEWS Crime and Justice Reporter Anastasiya Bolton.

The woman, who Grinnell will not identify, described the car the girl was seen in as a light-blue Buick station wagon - a mid 1990s model - with Colorado plates. She did not get the plate number.

The car had roof racks and five spoke wheels, Grinnell says.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2012, 07:20:25 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/10/jessica-ridgeway-missing-_n_1956276.html

Jessica Ridgeway, Missing Colorado Girl, Was Abducted By Unknown Suspect, Authorities Believe (PHOTOS, VIDEO)
10/10/12 06:27 PM ET EDT

DENVER -- Authorities searching for a 10-year-old Colorado girl said Wednesday they believe she was abducted by an unknown suspect, and they're confident her parents were not involved.

Jessica Ridgeway was last seen Friday after leaving home to meet friends at a park so they could walk to school together in the Denver suburb of Westminster.

Westminster police spokesman Trevor Materasso said at a news conference Wednesday that police "believe this is an abduction," and the focus of the case is not on Jessica's parents, who are cooperating and have been ruled out as suspects.

Authorities are pursuing tips from five other states, including Maine, where a woman reported seeing a girl resembling Jessica Ridgeway on Sunday.

That tip and others from Maryland, Texas, Nevada and Wyoming are among the hundreds of bits of information that have been passed on to Westminster investigators, Materasso said.

He didn't release details but earlier in the day said police were looking at whether there's a link between Jessica's disappearance and the Monday abduction of an 11-year-old girl in Cody, Wyo. – about 500 miles away.

In that case, a man lured an 11-year-old girl into a sport utility vehicle saying he needed help finding his puppy. She was released about four hours later and found by hunters. Police there say they're looking for a white man between 55 and 60 years old with short, strawberry blond or white hair and a neatly trimmed mustache.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #150 on: October 10, 2012, 07:40:34 PM »

Sounds like they've ruled out the parents as suspects.  I wonder if investigators have evidence this was a stranger abduction?  Maybe from the backpack or someone who saw a suspicious vehicle?

I hope hope hope Jessica is alive and found soon.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: October 10, 2012, 07:52:49 PM »

Sounds like they've ruled out the parents as suspects.  I wonder if investigators have evidence this was a stranger abduction?  Maybe from the backpack or someone who saw a suspicious vehicle?

The LE has ruled out the parents...so, that leads to an abduction.  Did you have an opportunity to see the video of the full interview with the parents?  The father cried so much during it; I've never seen anything like it.  Sad.  Sad
http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/7819984-jessica-ridgeway-newser/
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #152 on: October 10, 2012, 08:25:48 PM »

The LE has ruled out the parents...so, that leads to an abduction.  Did you have an opportunity to see the video of the full interview with the parents?  The father cried so much during it; I've never seen anything like it.  Sad.  Sad

Wondering still about the custody case! Could Mom have had someone take the poor child so she wouldn't be shared or given permanently to Dad? I know they say the parents have been ruled out but I am weirded out by all the sobbing Mom does with no tears! Anything is possible and Mom having this done is much better than the alternative!
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #153 on: October 10, 2012, 08:27:41 PM »

He wants his baby girl back.      It was sad.

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #154 on: October 10, 2012, 08:43:32 PM »

Wondering still about the custody case! Could Mom have had someone take the poor child so she wouldn't be shared or given permanently to Dad? I know they say the parents have been ruled out but I am weirded out by all the sobbing Mom does with no tears! Anything is possible and Mom having this done is much better than the alternative!

I was amazed by her ability to talk about how strong she and her family are and smile and be so calm during the interview and go on about how strong Jessica is.   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #155 on: October 10, 2012, 09:09:04 PM »

http://www.wgme.com/

Maine on high alert for missing girl from Colorado
UPDATED: 7:31 PM EDT
Police say not one but two people in two different towns may have seen 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway. Police say the Colorado girl disappeared on her way to school last week but now theres possible new hope to find her alive, half way across the country in Maine.

Police say they've received multiple reports of a girl matching Ridgeway's description. One in Dexter,  others in Harmony. Dexter police say a woman reported seeing a girl who looks like Ridgeway in a light blue station wagon with Colorado plates in Dexter. That was on Sunday. Though she didn't report it until Tuesday when she learned about the amber alert for Ridgeway.

Dexter police say similar reports came out of Harmony around the same time. Police put out an alert for a light blue, mid-90s station wagon with "fancy," five-spoke chrome wheels.  The vehicle reportedly has a Colorado license plate but they don't know the license plate number. The news comes a day after Ridgeway's family spoke publicly for the first time.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #156 on: October 10, 2012, 09:11:56 PM »

http://localtvkdvr.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/poster-once-more3.jpg

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #157 on: October 10, 2012, 09:22:30 PM »

Westminster Police‏@WestminsterPD

BREAKING NEWS: PIOs now being briefed. There will be a press briefing at 7:30 at Westy PD. #jessicaridgeway
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #158 on: October 10, 2012, 09:27:38 PM »

Westminster Police‏@WestminsterPD

BREAKING NEWS: PIOs now being briefed. There will be a press briefing at 7:30 at Westy PD. #jessicaridgeway

please keep us informed...thank you

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: October 10, 2012, 09:41:12 PM »

Live stream!

http://www.9news.com/news/article/293754/71/Live-Video-Press-conference-on-missing-girl

Body discovered?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.