May 22, 2024, 08:19:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #164 6/25/10 - 7/14/10  (Read 136228 times)
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #320 on: July 02, 2010, 11:25:46 AM »

I am curious to see if George attends court tomorrow. It's been a while for him.

I'm betting no. He's pissed about the molestation allegations, he's not going to support her in court if it's the last thing he does...... but if Cindy say so.... OK.

I am betting no also.  Smile

So am I.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #321 on: July 02, 2010, 12:52:15 PM »

Casey Anthony: Will defense experts win privacy to examine evidence?

What is at stake in this afternoon’s emergency hearing in the Casey Anthony case?

The defense has asked Judge Belvin Perry to appoint a special magistrate to supervise defense experts when they examine evidence later this month.

“Normally, investigators with the sheriff’s office would oversee this type of work, but Casey’s lawyers don’t want them there,” WFTV-Ch. 9 anchor Vanessa Echols said on today’s noon news. “This request is really unusual.”

WFTV’s Kathi Belich agreed. She said it might be “unprecedented” for “a defense team to ask the sheriff’s office to leave its own building so defense experts could have privacy in viewing evidence in a death-penalty case.”

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

WKMG-Ch. 6’s Cortney Hall explained that a special magistrate would “watch as defense experts comb through a mountain of forensic evidence” at the Orange County Sheriff’s Office.

“The state wants deputies there with the defense team when they go through it with experts,” Hall said. “Casey’s attorney Jose Baez says that’s not fair. He says it’s critical his team be able to talk with their experts alone, without sheriff’s officials present, so deputies don’t overhear their findings and can’t repeat what they hear in court.” 

The hearing starts at 1:30 p.m.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/07/casey-anthony-will-defense-experts-win-privacy-to-examine-evidence.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: July 02, 2010, 12:54:43 PM »

Casey Charged With Caylee's Death
Chicago Attorney Joins Defense Team

ORLANDO, Fla. -- When Caylee Anthony disappeared in June 2008, the child’s mother, Casey Anthony, did not appear to show any concern, according to friends.

The state seeks the death penalty against Casey Anthony, and her original attorney, Jose Baez, was not certified to represent her because of his lack of experience in death penalty cases.

A Chicago attorney, who met Florida’s criteria of representing death penalty cases, was brought in to represent Anthony.

Take a look back at the events that took place when Casey Anthony was formally charged with the murder of her daughter.

MORE...

http://www.wesh.com/news/24110080/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #323 on: July 02, 2010, 12:56:42 PM »

Casey Anthony Attorney Quits; "Angel of Death Row" Cites Financial Issues

ORLANDO, Fla. (CBS/WKMG) Casey Anthony's "Angel" is leaving her defense team. Andrea Lyon, an attorney for the Florida mother accused of murdering her 2-year-old daughter Caylee cited a lack of funding for travel costs and other expenses as the reason.

PICTURES: Casey Anthony Personal Photos
PICTURES: Caylee Anthony: A Life Cut Short

Andrea Lyon, known as the "Angel of Death Row" because of her extensive experience with death penalty cases, practices law in Chicago and teaches law at DePaul University there. She joined the defense team last year when Anthony did not have a qualified death penalty attorney, Anthony's lead defense attorney, Jose Baez, told CBS affiliate WKMG.

Shortly after Lyon joined the team, a local veteran death penalty attorney, Cheney Mason, also joined the team. Baez told WKMG that Lyon would not have stepped down if Mason hadn't joined. Baez added that Lyon will still serve as a resource to the defense team and Anthony, even though she won't be at their side in court.

Lyon said in a statement that she remains committed to a vigorous defense for Anthony.

PICTURES: Casey Anthony Personal Photos
PICTURES: Caylee Anthony: A Life Cut Short

Both Anthony and the defense gave Lyon's departure their blessing, according to Baez.

Casey Anthony's daughter, Caylee, was reported missing in July 2008, a month after Casey claims to have last seen her daughter. Caylee's remains were found five months later in a wooded area near the Anthony family's east Orange County home.

Anthony has pleaded not guilty to murdering Caylee and her trial is set to start in May 2011.

Anthony is set to appear in court on Friday at 1:30 p.m. for an evidentiary hearing in her case.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20009553-504083.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: July 02, 2010, 12:57:42 PM »

LIVE: Casey Anthony back in court‎
Casey Anthony is back in court today. You can watch live right here at 1:30 pm.

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2010/07/live-casey-anthony-back-in-cou.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: July 02, 2010, 01:00:55 PM »

Casey Anthony: Emergency hearing scheduled

ORLANDO -- 
News 13 has confirmed there will be an emergency hearing will held at 1:30 p.m. Friday in the Case Against Casey.

Anthony will be present.

Here's what the hearing will cover: Anthony’s defense team wants to be able to inspect evidence in the case that's being held at the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

In court papers just filed, Anthony's attorneys want Judge Belvin Perry to appoint what’s called a "special master," which is an objective ******* -- a lawyer or retired judge -- who will impartially oversee the defense's request to view this evidence.

Prosecutors and law enforcement officials wouldn't be allowed to participate.

The defense team wants to view the evidence over two days -- July 14 and July 15 -- and several top defense experts are planning to attend.

News 13 has also learned who those experts are.

The defense recently filed its amended witness list that has new experts.

Unarguably, Anthony's murder trial will come down to circumstantial evidence, which means experts hired to analyze dirt, dust, remains and other evidence hold her fate in their hands.

The latest hired experts for the defense are no strangers to the courtroom.

Dr. Jane Bock has analyzed plants and other evidence for criminal investigations for years. According to her web page, for nearly 30 years she has worked on developing the use of plant cells in the gastrointestinal tract to aid in homicide investigations.

Dr. Timothy Huntington has consulted on more than 50 death investigations. The forensic entomologist was one of the experts waiting to get access to where Caylee's remains were found in December 2008. He studies insects to help establish a time of death.

Dr. Scott Fairgrieve is a forensic anthropologist. He's expertise is the use of cadaver dogs. He's likely consulted with the search, recovery and analysis of Caylee's skeletal remains.

Dr. Kenneth Furton, the only Florida expert listed, will likely testify in the areas of drug analysis and dogs detecting chemicals.

The state is also relying on several experts to make their case. A billing expense was recently released for their forensic entomologist, Dr. Neal Haskell.

News 13 was the first to report the expert is expected to earn $20,000 for his analysis of insects.     

In the case notes, Dr. Haskell wrote "in more than 800 cases over a 25 year period, this case has generated the highest number of samples I have ever had to analyze."

Other expert witnesses include Dr. Henry Lee, a forensic expert who has worked on many high profile cases.

Also, one of the nation’s most renowned DNA experts, Dr. Lawrence Kobilinsky, is working with the defense.

News 13 will be in court for the hearing Friday and we'll continue to be out front in developments on this case.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/july/116464/Casey-Anthony:-Emergency-hearing-scheduled
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: July 02, 2010, 01:03:49 PM »

Casey Anthony to appear at emergency hearing today
Updated: Friday, 02 Jul 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
Published : Friday, 02 Jul 2010, 7:40 AM EDT

By NICK FOKIANOS | FOX 35 News

ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Attorneys for Casey Anthony have filed a motion to appoint a Special Magistrate during the inspection of evidence with expert witnesses later this month. The defense is asking that the Special Magistrate oversee the witnesses as they look over discovery items, currently in the possession of the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

An emergency hearing has been scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Friday before Orange County Judge Belvin Perry, Jr. to address the motion.

Watch the hearing live on MyFoxOrlando.com>>>

Prosecutors with the State Attorney's Office have found it sufficient enough to have representatives from the Sheriff's Office present during these inspections. However, defense lawyers contend that, during the inspections, certain communication might occur with the witnesses which should remain confidential and exclusive to the defense team. They are alleging that questioning or any other conversation between attorneys and expert witnesses would constitute "real time work product," and therefore suggest that this is protected under what is known as the "work product doctrine."

In the motion submitted on Thursday, Jose Baez writes that, "the State has an obligation to permit the defendant to inspect, copy, test, and photograph" material within the State's possession or control.
Casey Anthony to appear at emergency hearing today
Updated: Friday, 02 Jul 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
Published : Friday, 02 Jul 2010, 7:40 AM EDT

By NICK FOKIANOS | FOX 35 News

ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Attorneys for Casey Anthony have filed a motion to appoint a Special Magistrate during the inspection of evidence with expert witnesses later this month. The defense is asking that the Special Magistrate oversee the witnesses as they look over discovery items, currently in the possession of the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

An emergency hearing has been scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Friday before Orange County Judge Belvin Perry, Jr. to address the motion.

Watch the hearing live on MyFoxOrlando.com>>>
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/subindex/our_programs/live

Prosecutors with the State Attorney's Office have found it sufficient enough to have representatives from the Sheriff's Office present during these inspections. However, defense lawyers contend that, during the inspections, certain communication might occur with the witnesses which should remain confidential and exclusive to the defense team. They are alleging that questioning or any other conversation between attorneys and expert witnesses would constitute "real time work product," and therefore suggest that this is protected under what is known as the "work product doctrine."

In the motion submitted on Thursday, Jose Baez writes that, "the State has an obligation to permit the defendant to inspect, copy, test, and photograph" material within the State's possession or control.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/070210-Casey-Anthony-emergency-hearing
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #327 on: July 02, 2010, 01:06:55 PM »

Thank-you, I'm ready.
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #328 on: July 02, 2010, 01:10:48 PM »

I wonder if a magistrate requires payment?
If that's the case, I doubt the judge will allow it.
Keep getting kicked so hopefully I'll catch up after the hearing.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #329 on: July 02, 2010, 01:14:47 PM »

Thank-you, I'm ready.

I am ready as well.  I want to see the prosecution rip into Bobo and the Jar over this stupidity.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #330 on: July 02, 2010, 01:18:04 PM »

I wonder if a magistrate requires payment?
If that's the case, I doubt the judge will allow it.
Keep getting kicked so hopefully I'll catch up after the hearing.

No idea but I would bet that asking the police to leave the building where the evidence is kept that they are responsible to protect and ensure is not tampered with is not sitting well with them.  Bobo is not making any friends and I feel this yet another waste of citizen's money. 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: July 02, 2010, 01:18:56 PM »

Hi Monks!  I have a 'feeling' about a couple things. First of all, why is this an emergency hearing?  Didn't JP warn them about this kinda thing? Who's dim bulb went on and said let's see if we can get our hands on this evidence ( insert Dr. Lee here) without someone from the Sheriff's office keeping tabs on us (insert Dr. Lee here) and wouldn't that also break the chain of evidence?   Also, CM just took on a very high profile case that is due to go to trial in October......this will take up a lot of his time...it's a POLITICAL case....so will this leave BOZO on his own.....are they setting up for a sure claim ineffective counsel? OR does BOZO really think he can handle this one his own?  and simply is using CM's name/experience as he is NOR death qualified?  My hinky meter has been going of like made the past couple of days......AL leaves, CM takes on a huge case....BOZO is left on his own??  Sumptin STINKS

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #332 on: July 02, 2010, 01:23:58 PM »

Doesn't look like George is there.

OMGWTF

Malcolm X
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: July 02, 2010, 01:24:12 PM »

Bobo is the court room, No Jar yet.  Cindy is there with her newest BFF and of course the bald dude is there as well. No Georgie yet.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: July 02, 2010, 01:25:19 PM »

Hi Monks!  I have a 'feeling' about a couple things. First of all, why is this an emergency hearing?  Didn't JP warn them about this kinda thing? Who's dim bulb went on and said let's see if we can get our hands on this evidence ( insert Dr. Lee here) without someone from the Sheriff's office keeping tabs on us (insert Dr. Lee here) and wouldn't that also break the chain of evidence?   Also, CM just took on a very high profile case that is due to go to trial in October......this will take up a lot of his time...it's a POLITICAL case....so will this leave BOZO on his own.....are they setting up for a sure claim ineffective counsel? OR does BOZO really think he can handle this one his own?  and simply is using CM's name/experience as he is NOR death qualified?  My hinky meter has been going of like made the past couple of days......AL leaves, CM takes on a huge case....BOZO is left on his own??  Sumptin STINKS
You bet something stinks. I was not aware of Mason taking on another case, I thought this one was going to be his last? Perhaps he is going to be leaving this as well.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: July 02, 2010, 01:25:50 PM »

Bobo is the court room, No Jar yet.  Cindy is there with her newest BFF and of course the bald dude is there as well. No Georgie yet.

where are yall watching?

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: July 02, 2010, 01:26:07 PM »

Here comes the evil Spawn.  Lets see if they gave her a helmet and knee pads.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: July 02, 2010, 01:26:37 PM »

where are yall watching?

http://www.wesh.com/video/23054182/index.html

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/subindex/our_programs/live
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: July 02, 2010, 01:27:26 PM »

OK....I found it on in sessions

Rest in Peace Caylee

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #339 on: July 02, 2010, 01:29:07 PM »

Someone on My Fox Orlando is saying Lee, Cindy and George are witnesses today, is that true?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.