May 21, 2024, 03:00:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #1 10/19/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 769511 times)
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #1100 on: October 23, 2009, 12:47:43 AM »

I couldn't imagine what that father must be going through...having never been away from my kids for even a day, to have them move hundreds of miles away and then this horrible tragedy to one of them, is beyond my comprehension....my prayers go out to him and to the whole family. May God bring them some kind of peace...

Good Night Monkeys..

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1101 on: October 23, 2009, 01:08:06 AM »

That's the one. I think I am losing my mind. Can you get in a little closer and see what is on the t-shirt on the guy with the beard??? I'm sorry, maybe soon I will learn.

This one??

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1102 on: October 23, 2009, 01:11:40 AM »

Listening to NG again and finishing up with all my work I had to do today, my house is officially clean, inside and out, and I have several projects I started today, Im wallpapering the guest bathroom and getting ready to lay tile down the hallway and get rid of that carpet, Im tired of carpet....lol.....I started all this trying to get my mind off from all these babies that are being taken and disposed of like garbage, I just cant comprehend this, and now that Ive started these things Ill have to finish them as time allowes..
  God Bless all the lost ones and there families, and all my fellow Monkeys that care so deeply and want to help so bad......I wish we could protect them all, I wish we could make everybody in the world understand the way we do how important it is to keep your children safe and under watchful eyes at all times, we have to realize that everybody doesnt follow these cases the way we do and seldom think about anything happening to their kids the way us Monkeys do...I think every p[arent in the world should read here and see just how kids are hurt everyday, it might make a difference, it might save the next one.......God Bless to all of you here and that will be here tomorrow.....

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1103 on: October 23, 2009, 01:19:43 AM »

Listening to NG again and finishing up with all my work I had to do today, my house is officially clean, inside and out, and I have several projects I started today, Im wallpapering the guest bathroom and getting ready to lay tile down the hallway and get rid of that carpet, Im tired of carpet....lol.....I started all this trying to get my mind off from all these babies that are being taken and disposed of like garbage, I just cant comprehend this, and now that Ive started these things Ill have to finish them as time allowes..
  God Bless all the lost ones and there families, and all my fellow Monkeys that care so deeply and want to help so bad......I wish we could protect them all, I wish we could make everybody in the world understand the way we do how important it is to keep your children safe and under watchful eyes at all times, we have to realize that everybody doesnt follow these cases the way we do and seldom think about anything happening to their kids the way us Monkeys do...I think every p[arent in the world should read here and see just how kids are hurt everyday, it might make a difference, it might save the next one.......God Bless to all of you here and that will be here tomorrow.....

I wish that would be the case too but it wouldn't be unfortunately.  People are just too selfish.  I tell my "friend" about this site and these kids all the time and despite the fact that her kids have been taken away from the her for lack of appropriate supervision before (and returned), she still does not supervise them correctly, nor gives a crap about doing so.  She wants her kids but doesn't want the work that goes with it and uses her illness as a reason to not do so.  I say God help all the kids that belong to parents like those.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1104 on: October 23, 2009, 01:57:27 AM »

on the google map I am seeing a crossing guard at Gano Ave and Grove Park Drive, this is right where 1080 Gano Avenue should be, unless I am very wrong, It appears to skip over this address in this intersection.  If anyone else is good w/google maps maybe give it a look? 

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?client=firefox-a&hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=116781664364186008041.0004765c96f6f4fece1b1&ll=30.175313,-81.714978&spn=0.011445,0.016029&source=embed
Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #1105 on: October 23, 2009, 04:00:49 AM »

I just wanted to offer my condolensces to Somer's family.

Also I watched the mom's press conference yesterday afternoon and all I am so relieved to finally see a parent of a missing/deceased child show some genuine emotion. After having to watch the Anthony and Cummings saga I thought all humanity had been lost.

I hope they find Somer's killer(s). So sad, but now she's an angel. No more pain.  an angelic monkey
dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1106 on: October 23, 2009, 04:17:46 AM »

A lot of grown men cried out of anger when they heard the news she had been dumped like trash.

Through thick and thin, I'll stick with Tim!
dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1107 on: October 23, 2009, 04:27:30 AM »

Grown men cry in frustration and anger when children are dumped like garbage. I would hate to be the perp on the receiving end of the emotion I have seen the last few days. God bless the real men.

Through thick and thin, I'll stick with Tim!
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1108 on: October 23, 2009, 07:13:26 AM »

WOW. I just saw mom on the Today show. What an incredible woman. The pain was so clear on her face yet she is so focused on justice for her daughter.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1109 on: October 23, 2009, 07:15:48 AM »

http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/10/somer-update-search-of-home-la.html
Local News      
Somer Update: Search of Home, Landfill Continues
By
Rich Jones, News Director
@ October 23, 2009 6:46 AM Permalink | Comments (0)

Clay County Detectives continue an around-the-clock effort to find the person or people responsible for the death of 7 year-old Somer Thompson.

The Orange Park search is focused on an abandoned home on Gano Avenue.

It was a fire scene several months back and has some construction equipment and a large trash dumpster on-site.

Just 500 yards from Somer's elementary school, the home is the last place anyone saw the first grader before she vanished Monday afternoon.

We do not know obviously how this ties in to the crime scene, but since it's the last known area where Somer was seen, we have obtained permission from the homeowner to go in and process it through FDLE's crime lab", said Mary Justino with the Clay County Sheriff's Department.

Members of the FDLE crime lab team were on the scene past Midnight and are due back again Friday morning.

But there are other tips, hundreds of them, that have come in over the past few days.
Justino says as of Thursday afternoon, they'd received 651 leads, 470 were deemed workable, and 239 have been checked and closed out.

"I can tell you that because of all the leads that have come in, certainly there are individuals that have come to light.  But not anyone that we can point to and even say this is even a person of interest.  We're certainly not at that point yet".

Today will be another day of digging through dirt and garbage at the Chesser Island landfill in Charlton County.

Justino says they've had about ten deputies or agents at any given time going through tons and tons of garbage at the site.

Meantime, about 200 people held a candlelight vigil outside the Thompson home.

Thursday night, a steady flow of people showed their support for the family.

Diena Thompson came outside to thank everyone. The group sang "Amazing Grace'' and "You Are My Sunshine,'' then recited the Lord's Prayer.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1110 on: October 23, 2009, 07:17:30 AM »

Having read the police report, it does seeem as if this was a stranger abduction. From the park or someone who was squatting in the house. The timelines do not suggest anyone from the family or the friend who was at the house had the opportunity do do anything to Somer.
My prayers are with the family and with LE.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1111 on: October 23, 2009, 07:19:27 AM »

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Mark-Lunsford-Somer-Thompsons-death-horrifying/aZowjO9wb06P-wZiHqIHBg.cspx
Mark Lunsford: Somer Thompson's death 'horrifying'
Reported by: Don Germaise
Email: dgermaise@abcactionnews.com
Last Update: 10/22 2:40 pm
TAMPA, FL -- Child advocate Mark Lunsford is on an emotional roller coaster following the apparent murder of Somer Thompson. Lunsford said he is following the developments in north Florida closely.

"To hear about Somer, I mean it's just crazy," Lunsford said. "It brings back a lot of emotional roller coaster rides. It's just a horrifying thing for a family to have to go through."

Lunsford's 9-year-old daughter, Jessica, was kidnapped, raped and murdered by sex offender John Couey in 2005.

Lunsford became a nationally known child advocate after his daughter's death, pushing for stricter laws to track and punish child sex offenders.
Video at link.  http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Mark-Lunsford-Somer-Thompsons-death-horrifying/aZowjO9wb06P-wZiHqIHBg.cspx

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1112 on: October 23, 2009, 08:22:02 AM »

Finding Somer Thompson's Killer: Mom Vows Justice
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/hunt-somer-thompson-killer-mom-vows-justice/story?id=8897468

Heart
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1113 on: October 23, 2009, 08:54:53 AM »

Does anyone know if the le is gonna tell about the autopsy. What was found or how she was murdered. I haven't heard did not know if you guys did or not. When the news confrence was going on yesterday I was dealing with my 6 year old boy who has the swine flu. So I could not hear everything being said.
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1114 on: October 23, 2009, 09:01:54 AM »

Does anyone know if the le is gonna tell about the autopsy. What was found or how she was murdered. I haven't heard did not know if you guys did or not. When the news confrence was going on yesterday I was dealing with my 6 year old boy who has the swine flu. So I could not hear everything being said.

good morning.  hope your son is feeling better today.

The woman at the press conference yesterday said that they would not be releasing any details of the autopsy or cause of death.

I just watched a vid of the mom on GMA.  Even after 5 years of following cases, becoming involved with some of the families and then vowing just a few months ago that I would not do this again, I find myself drawn into this case, Elizabeth's case, Morgan's case.

God, I am SO pissed off.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1115 on: October 23, 2009, 09:01:56 AM »

is anyone here got there hinky meter up when it comes to the boyfriend? Just curious I just don't know what to think.

He was at work and she called him to come home and look for Somer...nope, no hinky here...

nope...not the same guy and no hinky meter up for me either..
besides, some had their hinky meter up on Sean when they thought that he was the boyfriend, now hinky meters are up on this guy cause he is the boyfriend...is the hinky meter up for Sean still?
It sounds like to me that the mom usually had someone, either the live in boyfriend or someone else be there for the kids when they got home with school,otherwise, why would she have asked Sean to wait for the kids that day? she would not have bothered asking him to stay if she normally let them come home alone...jmo...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1116 on: October 23, 2009, 09:14:30 AM »

Good Evening Monkeys....real life has gotten in the way today..

I think the Patton guy....how do I say this...I think he is harmless as far as females go. I may be wrong but don't think so.
  LOL~I was thinking the same thing Monkey Devil!

me too...in fact I was going to post that on my last post in regards to the mom and him being friends...

luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1117 on: October 23, 2009, 09:24:35 AM »

Ty I wish he would get better a lot faster then he is. Will they ever tell what the medical examiner found
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1118 on: October 23, 2009, 09:32:10 AM »

Saw the mother on GMA...I have a lot of sadness and compassion for her...She seems like a very decent person who loves her kids and I think that we will be hearing more from this mom...She is a determined and strong woman...She will do what she says, not rest until her daughter's murderer is found..
God bless her and her family...sadness must be so overwhelming for them right now...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1119 on: October 23, 2009, 09:51:57 AM »

I sure hope he gets feeling better very soon  an angelic monkey  A digging machine, wow, maybe they feel the perp buried some of Somer's belongings? OMG I sure hope they don't think someother child could be buried there?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.