May 13, 2024, 03:11:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carol Thomas 23yrs old believed to be assaulted, kidnapped Missouri (BODY FOUND)  (Read 18688 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2009, 05:13:24 PM »

NW Mo. police arrest 4 in woman's death

Associated Press - November 5, 2009 2:44 PM ET

EXCELSIOR SPRINGS, Mo. (AP) - Excelsior Springs police say they have arrested four people in connection with the apparent kidnapping and death of a 23-year-old woman.

Lt. Clint Reno says police on Thursday found a body in rural Ray County that matches the description of 23-year-old Carol Thomas, who was apparently kidnapped from an Excelsior Springs street Wednesday night.

But Reno says the body has not been positively identified as that of Thomas.

The four people in custody are two men and two women. Reno said 1 of the women is considered a person of interest in the case, and the other three are suspects. Formal charges have not been filed.

Reno said police believe there will not be additional arrests in the case.

http://www.nebraska.tv/Global/story.asp?S=11451488

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2009, 05:13:48 PM »

Police news confrence

http://www.kmbc.com/video/21533770/index.html
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2009, 05:17:43 PM »

I have not found any social networking sites for her, but that is not my best area of finding stuff. I don't even know how to use most of them once I do find them, lol.

I haven't found anything either, but it is not my strong suite. 

Owing to what she had to say, her MySpace was probably already set to private anyway.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2009, 07:11:15 PM »

Thanks for the updates.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2009, 05:37:37 AM »

http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/1552187.html
Friend recalls woman kidnapped from Excelsior Springs
By ROBERT A. CRONKLETON
The Kansas City Star
Posted on Thu, Nov. 05, 2009 10:40 PM
Carol A. Thomas was in her “safe place” Wednesday night, the Excelsior Springs home of longtime friend Susan Lynn, a woman she often called Mom.

When it was time to go, Thomas called an acquaintance for a ride home.

What Lynn didn’t find out until later was that Thomas was nervous and afraid of going with the person she had called.

“It was the only ride she could come up with,” Lynn said.

Moments after Thomas’ ride arrived, three people started beating her. They shoved her in the car’s trunk and sped away.

Thursday afternoon, authorities found a woman’s body in a wooded field in Ray County, near West 230th Street and Knutter Road.

Police were working to identify the body, but they think it is that of Thomas, said Excelsior Springs Police Lt. Clint Reno.

Two men and a woman have been arrested, he said.

“At this point, we are not looking for any further suspects,” Reno said. “We believe we have them all in custody.”

Authorities were looking for another person as a witness.

“We think that person has a lot of information for us,” Reno said.

Lynn’s family had known Thomas, 23, “forever,” Lynn said. Thomas went to school with Lynn’s oldest son.

“This is her safe place,” Lynn said, where Thomas would stop by whenever she was in town. “She comes and grabs a meal and place to sleep if she needs to.”

Thomas had a troubled past, Lynn said, including giving up a newborn four years ago because of drug problems.

“She did the right thing because he is being well taken care of,” Lynn said. The family who adopted him let Thomas keep in contact and see him.

“She was just talking about him last night,” Lynn said. “She was a good girl. She just didn’t have no other way of life.”

Thomas was always moving, running, never in one place long enough for someone to help her, Lynn said.

She thinks those troubles caught up with her Wednesday night.

“They (her kidnappers) were saying, ‘You ripped me off,’ ” Lynn said.

Randall Eaves, who lives nearby, said he heard his dog barking and saw Thomas was being beaten. He saw the car leaving and yelled for people to get the license plate number, and called the police immediately.
Despite her troubles, Lynn said she saw the good in Thomas.

“She was the most loving, tender-hearted, laughing person,” Lynn said. “For what she had been through, she had always tried to look at life positively.”

Before heading out the front door Wednesday night, Thomas gave Lynn and her husband a big hug.

“She would sit on my lap and I would hold her and she would just cry about her baby,” Lynn said. “It made her feel good and I was the only one who could do that for her. …

“No matter what she has done, she didn’t deserve this. People didn’t get to see the true Carol because she had to act tough. But she wanted to just survive.”

To reach Robert A. Cronkleton, call 816-234-4261 or send e-mail to bcronkleton@kcstar.com.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2009, 10:12:56 AM »

quote:
" You ripped me off "

Somebody could have called the police before she went outside but didn't..
The never ending story, of street life and drugs all around the world..

The End

Sad but true.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2009, 03:14:20 PM »

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-carol-thomas-suspects-charges-110609,0,2152579.story
Suspect: Carol Thomas Kidnapping Was Over Rock Salt Drug Deal
Police Said Thomas Shot Twice

Meagan Kelleher, FOX 4 Web Producer

November 6, 2009
RAY COUNTY, Mo. - Two men and one woman were charged Friday in the kidnapping of Carol Thomas and one of the suspects told police it was because Thomas sold them rock salt disguised as drugs. Thomas' body was found in a field on Thursday and police said that she had been shot twice.

James Reardon, 21; Erik Zimmerman, 29 of Excelsior Springs; and Jennifer Saling, 21 of Holt were charged with felony kidnapping. Reardon has no known previous address. A fourth person of interest has been released after giving police witness information. Bond for all three suspects was set at $1 million each. All three were taken to Clay County Jail after being held in Excelsior Springs.

Zimmerman confessed to police that he, Reardon and Saling kidnapped Thomas and were involved in her killing. Zimmerman told police that he paid Thomas $500 for drugs with Reardon's money. The drugs turned out to be rock salt and that the three abducted Thomas on Wednesday evening.

Witnesses said they saw the attack and saw three people put Thomas in the trunk of a red Pontiac Grand Am Wednesday night. Police also found a stun gun at that location. Witnesses also said they saw some items fall out of one of the suspect's pockets during the struggle. One of the witnesses collected the items to give to police, which included two cell phones and what appeared to be a stun gun.

Zimmerman told police in the probable cause statement that he, Reardon and Saling were all in the vehicle with Thomas in the trunk and started to drive in the direction of Missouri City. They called a friend to bring them gas and Saling left with that friend. Zimmerman told police that Reardon drove the car off the road into a field and that Thomas was yelling and kicking the trunk. Zimmerman said at one point Thomas kicked out the back seat.

Zimmerman told police that when they pulled into the field, Reardon took Thomas out of the trunk. Zimmerman said Reardon shot Thomas twice in the head before he "flung" her out of sight over a hill.

Zimmerman said when they left the field, Reardon called Saling and told her to meet them. When Saling arrived, Zimmerman said when they left the field, Reardon called Saling and told her to meet them. When Saling arrived, Zimmerman said Reardon set the vehicle on fire and they returned to a home where Zimmerman said he went to sleep and did not see what Reardon did with the gun.

Saling refused to speak to police and said she knew nothing about the incident. Court documents show that Reardon said he knew nothing about the incident, but did admit that the cell phones collected by police from the street were his and that Thomas had stolen them from him.

Police found the body of Thomas, 23, in rural Ray County on Thursday afternoon afternoon after a farmer saw a vehicle leaving a field late Wednesday night and notified police. Police began their search of that field on Thursday and located Thomas' body. An autopsy is planned for Saturday.

Lt. Clint Reno of Excelsior Springs Police said the three were arrested at a home in Clay County within 12 hours once police were involved.

On Thursday, police surrounded the home north of Lawson where a landlord reported suspicious activity. The landlord of the home told FOX 4 News that one of the three suspects admitted they had killed Thomas. Police said one of the men has a vehicle that matches the red car found in Lawson.

The car was found in Lawson, Mo. on Thursday.

An ex-boyfriend of Thomas' said she had planned to get a ride to Kansas City to visit him Wednesday night, however she never made it, and he hadn't heard from her since Wednesday evening.

Thomas Sullivan, Thomas' former boyfriend, told FOX 4 News that Thomas sounded nervous on the phone shortly before she disappeared.

"When I talked to her, she said there was something she needed to talk to me about ," said Sullivan. "She couldn't tell me on the phone."

~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2009, 07:02:36 PM »

Published on: Friday, November 6, 2009 5:01 PM CST
Four arrested in connection with Excelsior murder

Four people have been taken into custody in connection with the kidnapping and homicide of Carol Thomas, 23, of Excelsior Springs.

They were taken into custody Thursday by Sheriff K. Porter Hensen and members of the Sheriffs Department and Missouri State Highway Patrol at 7380 Southeast 206th Street in Clinton County Missouri according to department spokesman Major J.T. Farmer.

Later charged in Clay County, Mo., with one count of kidnapping were James P. Reardon, 23, Erik R. Zimmerman, 29, and Jennifer L. Saling, 21, all living at 7380 Southeast 206th Street, Holt. One of the women was later released pending further investigation.

The case started Wednesday night when a witness told officers that Thomas was assaulted and then forced into the trunk of a red Pontiac Grand Am on South Myrtle Street in Excelsior Springs. Investigators received a tip from an area farmer who had spotted a vehicle late Wednesday night leaving a field near Elmira Missouri in Ray County. Investigators on Thursday morning found the women's body in a wooded area at 230th and Knutter Road and had been shot twice. Investigators said the clothing on the body matched a description of what Thomas was wearing when she was last seen - blue jeans and a black hooded sweatshirt.

Court records show that Ms. Thomas knew the four people taken into custody and that the homicide happened over a bad drug deal. Investigators said they found the red Grand Am that Ms. Thomas had been kidnapped in abandoned and set on fire in a field near Lawson, Mo.

At 15:30 hrs, Thursday afternoon, Sheriff Hensen and members of the Clinton County Sheriffs Department executed a search warrant at 7380 SE 206th Street locating evidence that was used in the homicide. Investigators said it would be up to Ray County to file homicide charges.
http://www.citizen-*******.com/articles/2009/11/06/news/doc4af4a81dea7aa340707813.txt

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2009, 07:08:48 PM »

Murder Charges Filed In Carol Thomas Case
Kidnapping Charges Filed In Clay County

POSTED: 9:34 am CST November 6, 2009
LIBERTY, Mo. -- Murder charges were just been filed against three people in the death of Carol Thomas.

On Friday afternoon, prosecutors in Ray County, Mo., have charged James Reardon, 23, with first-degree murder, while Erik Zimmerman, 29, and Jennifer Saling, 21, have been charged with second-degree murder.

Court records indicate the killing was a possible case of a drug deal gone bad. Court documents said that Thomas was abducted and killed over a $500 drug deal.

At a Friday morning press conference, Clay County officials said they are filing kidnapping charges against the three. Police said they kidnapped Thomas from Excelsior Springs.

All three suspects have previous criminal records. Reardon has a 2005 DWI conviction in Clay County; a 2006 driving while revoked charge in Linn County, Mo.; a 2006 DWI Conviction in Linn County; a 2006 drug possession conviction in Linn County and a 2006 driving without license charge in Caldwell County, Mo.

Erik R. Zimmerman's record includes a 2007 drug conviction in Clay County and a 2007 resisting arrest conviction in Ray County.

Jennifer L. Saling has a 2009 drug conviction in Ray County on her criminal record.

Thomas' body was found in rural Ray County, Mo., on Monday. Police said Thomas was shot to death.

Ray County prosecutors will handle any murder charges, while Clay County will prosecute the kidnapping charge.

The fourth person in custody has been released, police said. That woman was shot two times.

Police said rumors that one of the suspects is an ex-boyfriend of Thomas are untrue.

All three people are being held on $1 million bond.

Police said some of their information shows Thomas and the three charged were acquainted. Police also said the killing was possibly motivated by drugs.

After news of Thomas' disappearance, police said they received a number of helpful tips in the case.
http://www.kctv5.com/news/21540230/detail.html

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2009, 01:09:10 PM »

http://www.richmond-dailynews.com/news.php?id=3845
Arraignment set on kidnapping, murder charges in Carol A. Thomas’ death
Sean Comer, News Reporter
11-10-2009

Three individuals face a combined nine criminal counts in two counties, stemming from Carol A. Thomas’ kidnapping and murder.

James P. Reardon, 23, Independence; Jennifer L. Saling, 21, Lathrop; and Erik R. Zimmerman, 29, Excelsior Springs, face arraignment in Clay County today on one kidnapping count each.

The three are currently in custody with a $1 million bond each with no 10 percent allowed.

Interim Ray County prosecutor Bryan McMahon will arraign Reardon on one count of first-degree murder and one count of armed criminal action. Zimmerman and Saling will each face one count of second-degree murder and one count of armed criminal action later this week in Ray County.

Excelsior Springs police arrested the three and took a fourth unidentified “person of interest” into custody Thursday evening in connection with Thomas’ Wednesday evening disappearance from Excelsior Springs. Witnesses said Thomas, 23, was beaten and thrown into a car trunk around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday and was not seen again until authorities discovered her body in a ravine near Elmira Thursday afternoon.

A torched Pontiac Grand Prix, later identified by authorities as belonging to Excelsior Springs resident Carrie Key, was found a few miles from Thomas’ body. The burned car contained no human remains or evidence, according to Excelsior Springs Police Lieutenant Clint Reno Friday.

Thomas’ body was found with two apparently fatal gunshot wounds, according to Reno.

According to the affadavit of probable cause statement, Zimmerman said after they abducted Thomas, the three drove south to Missouri City before almost running out of gas. An unidentified woman arrived in a blue station wagon with extra gas, and Saling left with her.

Zimmerman said in the probable cause statement that Reardon and Thomas argued after he took her out of the trunk. He said he then heard a gunshot and saw the gun’s muzzle flash. He then saw Reardon fire a final shot into Thomas’ head, he told Bush.

He claims Reardon then tossed her into a nearby ditch. Afterwards, they drove south toward Lawson and met Saling. Zimmerman said Reardon finally set the red Grand Prix on fire and the three left the scene, returning to 7380 SE 206th in Holt.

Reardon could face either the death penalty or life imprisonment for the murder charge, and up to three years for armed criminal action. Zimmerman and Saling will each face 10 to 30 years or life imprisonment on their second-degree murder charges, and up to three years for the armed criminal action charges.

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.