May 15, 2024, 12:43:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9/8 Annie Marie Le missing from Yale University (BODY FOUND)  (Read 276531 times)
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #120 on: September 13, 2009, 05:11:09 PM »

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/connecticut/090913_Landfill_Searched_Yale_Student_Missing

Incinerator Searched in Yale Student's Disappearance

Updated: Sunday, 13 Sep 2009, 4:29 PM EDT
Published : Sunday, 13 Sep 2009, 3:30 PM EDT

* By The Associated Press

NEW HAVEN, Conn. - The FBI says authorities are searching a Connecticut incinerator as part of their investigation into the disappearance of a Yale University graduate student. FBI Special Agent Bill Reiner said Sunday that investigators are searching the Connecticut Resources Recovery Authority's landfill in Hartford. He says officials are "following the trash" that left the laboratory.

(snipped)

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #121 on: September 13, 2009, 05:13:23 PM »

I wonder if the fire alarm rang when the ceiling tiles were removed to hide the clothing? Maybe it disturbed the wiring.

At the news conference they said the fire alarm went off because of steam rising from a machine in one of the labs.  Someone opened something and a great deal of steam rose up and triggered the alarm.  They said it was not a typical fire alarm that we think of where you pull a lever.  They are built in heat dectector type alarms.
Thank-you

You are welcome, but really thanks to Klaas as she posted a link to the news conference last night a few pages back. 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #122 on: September 13, 2009, 05:30:33 PM »

A Search For Clues
(JOHN WOIKE / HARTFORD COURANT / September 13, 2009)
Members of the FBI Evidense Response Team don Tyvek suits as they enter the CRRA waste processing facility in Hartford.

photo gallery:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/health/hc-yale-student-missing-annie-le-0910-pictures,0,3779582.photogallery

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #123 on: September 13, 2009, 05:46:20 PM »

A Search For Clues
(JOHN WOIKE / HARTFORD COURANT / September 13, 2009)
Members of the FBI Evidense Response Team don Tyvek suits as they enter the CRRA waste processing facility in Hartford.

photo gallery:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/health/hc-yale-student-missing-annie-le-0910-pictures,0,3779582.photogallery

Thank you cece for all the pictures and information

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #124 on: September 13, 2009, 06:04:22 PM »

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2009/09/13/news/doc4aad41ad5531c586462814.txt

UPDATE: Bloody clothes not items Le was last seen wearing
Sunday, September 13, 2009

By William Kaempffer, Register Staff

NEW HAVEN - The blood-stained clothes found in ceiling tiles at the Yale University laboratory where graduate student Annie Le disappeared are not the clothes Le was last seen wearing, law enforcement officials said.

The items were sent for testing to see if the clothes had any connection to Le, whose disappearance five days before her wedding has attracted national media attention.

Investigators said a small amount of blood was found on the clothing found Saturday at 10 Amistad St.

Le is the daughter of Vietnamese immigrants and her mother is said to own several nail salons in California. Sources said Le was primarily raised by an aunt and uncle.

In red see Bloody cloths turn into a small amount gezzzz

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2009, 06:13:46 PM »

They are still in the process of checking the blood to see if it's hers even though the clothing is not what Le was last seen wearing.  If a crime was committed, this makes more sense.  The person who harms/murders her gets blood on their own clothes and needs to get rid of them.  Maybe a lab coat? 
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2009, 06:57:49 PM »

Search for Yale student turns to Conn. incinerator
Updated 1h 41m ago
A sign hangs in front of 10 Amistad Street in New Haven, Conn. The location is the last spot that Annie Le was seen before her disappearance.    

A sign hangs in front of 10 Amistad Street in New Haven, Conn. The location is the last spot that Annie Le was seen before her disappearance.

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — Investigators sifted through garbage at an incinerator Sunday, looking for clues into the disappearance of a Yale University graduate student who was supposed to be celebrating her wedding day.

FBI agent Bill Reiner said Sunday that investigators are "following the trash" that left the university laboratory in New Haven. He declined to comment further on the search at the Connecticut Resources Recovery Authority's trash-to-energy plant in Hartford.

Annie Le, 24, was last seen Tuesday morning at the lab. More than 100 state, local and federal law enforcement agencies are looking for her but have not yet determined if Le's disappearance is a missing person's case or an act of foul play.

Authorities say Le, a pharmacology doctoral student originally from Placerville, Calif., swiped her identification card to enter the lab. But there is no record of her leaving despite some 75 surveillance cameras around the complex. Her ID, money, credit cards and purse were found in her office.

Investigators on Saturday said they recovered evidence from the building that houses Le's laboratory, but would not confirm reports by media outlets that the items included bloody clothing.

In a story published Saturday, the Yale Daily News quoted an unnamed New Haven Police Department official as saying the bloody clothes were found in a ceiling at the building. The official spoke to the newspaper on the condition of anonymity so the official would be free to discuss an ongoing investigation.

On Sunday morning, a state police Major Crimes Squad van drove down a ramp into the basement area of the building where the lab is located. Officials had no immediate comment.

Yale is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to Le's whereabouts.

On Sunday, students prayed for Le's safe return at The University Church.

"It has been a week that has tested many people in many different ways," the Rev. Ian Buckner Oliver said just before he gave the Sunday morning sermon. "It has brought up a lot of fears for people. It has brought up a lot of worry and concern for her and for all our safety."

The student-dominated congregation offered a moment of silence and prayer, "for Annie, and her family, who have arrived here in New Haven, for her fiance, on this, what would have been their wedding day. Let's lift them up in our prayers," Oliver said.

Le's family arrived in New Haven on Saturday, Oliver said after the service. He said the church doesn't have any other events or prayer services planned specifically for Le.

"There is nothing else at this point because the university and police have said there is no criminal investigation, there is no proof of a crime. So at this point, we are just praying," Oliver said.

Le, who's of Asian descent, stands 4 feet 11 inches and weighs 90 pounds. She was to marry Columbia University graduate student Jonathan Widawsky on Sunday at the North Ritz Club in Syosset, N.Y., on the north shore of Long Island.

Police say Widawsky is not a suspect and is assisting with the investigation.
Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-09-13-yale-missing_N.htm

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2009, 08:00:56 PM »

http://www.wtnh.com/

BREAKING NEWS:  NEW HAVEN POLICE PLAN A 9PM PRESS CONFERENCE
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2009, 08:02:35 PM »

http://www.wfsb.com/news/20893384/detail.html

Police To Announce New Development In Annie Lee Case
Le Missing Since Tuesday

POSTED: 7:53 pm EDT September 13, 2009

NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- New Haven police announced Sunday that they would reveal a new development in the investigation into the disappearance of Yale graduate student Annie Le.

Police planned to make the announcement at a press conference Sunday at 9 p.m.

Watch press conference LIVE on Eyewitness News NOW at 9 p.m.

Le was last seen entering a university lab on Tuesday.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2009, 08:06:59 PM »

does anyone think that she is a runaway from the marriage, the pressure of being so brilliant etc..and she placed the bloody clothes up there herself as a ruse? and even set the fire alarm herself? just being devil's advocate here...family members of the "runaway bride" didn't think that she would have done what she did either...I am hoping that Annie did run away cause then she would be alive and not harmed.....although it doesn't seem that she did run a way from what we have read...sigh...

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2009, 08:08:21 PM »

does anyone think that she is a runaway from the marriage, the pressure of being so brilliant etc..and she placed the bloody clothes up there herself as a ruse? and even set the fire alarm herself? just being devil's advocate here...family members of the "runaway bride" didn't think that she would have done what she did either...I am hoping that Annie did run away cause then she would be alive and not harmed.....although it doesn't seem that she did run a way from what we have read...sigh...

I hope that's the case but I doubt it.  I'm assuming in an hour we'll have a better idea. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2009, 08:11:55 PM »

Thank you ,Klaas.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2009, 08:12:42 PM »

I hope that's the case but I doubt it.  I'm assuming in an hour we'll have a better idea. 

thanks K....I will be watching this thread to see what the news is...Smile

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2009, 08:23:05 PM »

I doubt she ran off also, and to have a press conference on a Sunday night at 9pm it must be a significant development.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2009, 08:31:16 PM »

What was Annie Le carrying in the last photo we see of her as she goes into the Lab?

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2009, 08:32:38 PM »

What was Annie Le carrying in the last photo we see of her as she goes into the Lab?

In the news conference, they said they were still analyzing the security video and didn't know for sure.  I suspect paperwork.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2009, 08:33:55 PM »

perhaps a different outfit? dunno...

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2009, 08:45:53 PM »

Maybe boxes of samples to test in the lab?

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2009, 08:46:29 PM »

In the news conference, they said they were still analyzing the security video and didn't know for sure.  I suspect paperwork.
Klaas, is the press conference over or is the news conference you are talking about the one from yesterday? TIA JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2009, 08:52:04 PM »

Klaas, is the press conference over or is the news conference you are talking about the one from yesterday? TIA JSM

I'm sorry JSM - I was referring to yesterdays press conference.  The 9PM press conf will start in about 10 min.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.