May 15, 2024, 01:11:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9/8 Annie Marie Le missing from Yale University (BODY FOUND)  (Read 276532 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #900 on: September 17, 2009, 01:20:07 PM »

Lab tech Raymond Clark arraigned on murder charges in slaying of Yale grad student Annie Le

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2009/09/17/2009-09-
Wonder why he dressed up for his arrest?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #901 on: September 17, 2009, 01:23:31 PM »

I haven't commented on this case yet.  I am afraid we are about to see the first test of the concept that animals and people are equally important.  I may be totally wrong about this.  But, early reports were that Annie's murderer was upset at her treatment of the mice and that many members of his family work at the lab.  I find this so upsetting and concerning.
What I don't get, if he felt that Annie was not taking proper care of the mice, why was he even working in a lab? If he loves all animals, one would think that would not be the line of work to be in. I know there is no way I could work in a place like that, I would be to emotional. Something more is going on, I really believe that, maybe the mice were part of it, but I sure don't think that was all.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #902 on: September 17, 2009, 01:27:02 PM »

I'm a little surprised that he didn't commit suicide before his arrest. He certainly saw it coming and they've got him absolutely nailed.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #903 on: September 17, 2009, 01:32:16 PM »

I'm a little surprised that he didn't commit suicide before his arrest. He certainly saw it coming and they've got him absolutely nailed.
I am shocked that he didn't, I really expected to wake up this morning to the news he commited suicide.
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #904 on: September 17, 2009, 01:32:30 PM »

I haven't commented on this case yet.  I am afraid we are about to see the first test of the concept that animals and people are equally important.  I may be totally wrong about this.  But, early reports were that Annie's murderer was upset at her treatment of the mice and that many members of his family work at the lab.  I find this so upsetting and concerning.
What I don't get, if he felt that Annie was not taking proper care of the mice, why was he even working in a lab? If he loves all animals, one would think that would not be the line of work to be in. I know there is no way I could work in a place like that, I would be to emotional. Something more is going on, I really believe that, maybe the mice were part of it, but I sure don't think that was all.

I find it very hard to believe it was just about the mice as well. But, I'm a real skeptic anyway....
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #905 on: September 17, 2009, 01:34:29 PM »

I am shocked that he didn't, I really expected to wake up this morning to the news he commited suicide.

I expected anything but him going calmly. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #906 on: September 17, 2009, 01:36:25 PM »

I do feel there is more to this story.  I am very curious about other members of his family working at the lab.  They seemed to rally around him after his original questioning and his arrest.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #907 on: September 17, 2009, 01:40:28 PM »

I agree. It sounds to me like the "politically correct" excuse to murder Annie. And another "blame the victim" smear. I find it hard to believe the reason could be over mice.  He had worked at that facility for 5 yrs. If he was a mice lover, it would have been the wrong job for him all these years. The e-mails could have been just a way to harrass Annie. I cannot help but think this was a stalker incident.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #908 on: September 17, 2009, 01:41:01 PM »

I meant between questioning and arrest.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #909 on: September 17, 2009, 01:42:35 PM »

NANCY GRACE - SEPTEMBER 16, 2009

GRACE: Paul Bass of "The New Haven Independent," what can you tell me about Raymond Clark? What do we know? I know that he was engaged, that there was an alleged date for a wedding, that he lives with his fiancee and their three cats, that she also works at Yale. What more do we know?

BASS: Mr. Clark grew up in the suburban town of Branford (ph). It`s a middle class town about 10 miles from here. He eventually moved to New Haven, and now, as you know, he lives in Middletown. He played high school sports. He got in a little trouble with the law. You can read about that in "The New Haven Independent"...

GRACE: What do you mean, "a little trouble with the law"?

BASS: We have reported about some previous incidents in that town.

GRACE: I`m sorry. I can`t hear you. What specifically is "a little trouble with the law"?

BASS: There was -- the police went to his high school one time on a complaint about -- of a sexual nature with a girlfriend.

GRACE: And what became of that complaint?

BASS: In the end, she decided not to press charges, but he was ordered to stay away.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0909/16/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #910 on: September 17, 2009, 01:43:55 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,551342,00.html
Yale Murder Suspect Does Not Enter Plea at Arraignment

Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Yale lab technician charged with the murder of graduate student Annie Le did not enter a plea during his arraignment in a Connecticut court Thursday.
Raymond Clark III, 24, kept his head bowed during the three-minute appearance in the suffocation death of Le, also 24. He said, "Yes, your honor," when asked whether he understood his rights. The judge then set bail at $3 million and sent him to a holding cell.

Le's body was found stuffed behind the wall of a campus research building on Sunday — the day she was scheduled to get married.

"Annie Le had unlimited potential. It is important to note that this is not about urban crime, university crime, domestic crime but an issue of workplace violence, which is becoming a growing concern around the country," New Haven Police Chief James Lewis said.
<snipped>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #911 on: September 17, 2009, 01:44:05 PM »

When his girlfriend wrote in her myspace that it was rumors about him and another in the lab having an affair, if he had an affair, who did he have an affair with? Wonder if that woman will step forward and give an interview?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #912 on: September 17, 2009, 01:45:44 PM »

NANCY GRACE - SEPTEMBER 16, 2009

GRACE: Paul Bass of "The New Haven Independent," what can you tell me about Raymond Clark? What do we know? I know that he was engaged, that there was an alleged date for a wedding, that he lives with his fiancee and their three cats, that she also works at Yale. What more do we know?

BASS: Mr. Clark grew up in the suburban town of Branford (ph). It`s a middle class town about 10 miles from here. He eventually moved to New Haven, and now, as you know, he lives in Middletown. He played high school sports. He got in a little trouble with the law. You can read about that in "The New Haven Independent"...

GRACE: What do you mean, "a little trouble with the law"?

BASS: We have reported about some previous incidents in that town.

GRACE: I`m sorry. I can`t hear you. What specifically is "a little trouble with the law"?

BASS: There was -- the police went to his high school one time on a complaint about -- of a sexual nature with a girlfriend.

GRACE: And what became of that complaint?

BASS: In the end, she decided not to press charges, but he was ordered to stay away.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0909/16/ng.01.html

And I bet that girl and her family are wishing they had pressed charges. And she must be just sick with thoughts that he could have very easily killed her 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #913 on: September 17, 2009, 02:41:50 PM »

I'm going to comment on my own post after reading up a little on this, I guess there are great animal lovers that take jobs such as this, to become whistle blowers and activists. I have also been reading comments from animal activists who are very much opposed to animal research, though the topic of animal research is very uncomfortable for me to look at, I really didn't think that this was going to be a factor with the death of this young woman, but it is. There is a time and place for that, but not now, imo.
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #914 on: September 17, 2009, 02:42:11 PM »

I find it very hard to believe it was just about the mice as well. But, I'm a real skeptic anyway....

Me too.  I think he has a problem with women.  A lack of respect.  Also, I think he may have had a problem with the fact that he was a lab tech & Annie actually did research. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #915 on: September 17, 2009, 02:47:52 PM »

Me too.  I think he has a problem with women.  A lack of respect.  Also, I think he may have had a problem with the fact that he was a lab tech & Annie actually did research. 
Me too, and he was probably obsessed with her also. I'm wondering if it was real or imagined with the care of the mice?
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #916 on: September 17, 2009, 03:09:17 PM »

Me too, and he was probably obsessed with her also. I'm wondering if it was real or imagined with the care of the mice?

Hi NoRose.   
I can't tell yet if the care of the mice was an issue, or just an excuse for underlying ones.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #917 on: September 17, 2009, 03:13:22 PM »

Animal abuse: What else does it say about a person?

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/pawprintpost/post/2009/09/animal-abuse-what-else-does-it-say-about-a-person/1

This might sound like a no brainer, but I think it is worth asking  this community.

READERS:  Are humans more likely to be unkind to other humans if they are guilty of abusing pets? Share your thoughts.

I ask because of a report I heard on the NBC's Today this morning shortly before Raymond Clark III was arrested and charged with the murder of Annie Le.  Annmarie Goodwin, a former neighbor of Raymond Clark's,  told Meredith Vieira he was mean to his girlfriend and dogs (two pit bulls) and yelled at her children. Now, let's get it right, Clark is innocent until proven guilty, but his neighbor had suspicions about his character. She says he abused his dogs.

The website Pet-Abuse.com says:

"Animal abuse in violent homes can take many forms and can occur for many reasons. Many times a parent or domestic partner who is abusive may kill, or threaten to kill, the household pets to intimidate family members into sexual abuse, to remain silent about previous or current abuse, or simply to psychologically torture the the victims, flexing their power."

For more on pet abuse, check the website and for more reading on how other forms of violence are related to animal abuse, the Human Society of the United States has tons of  helpful  information.

N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #918 on: September 17, 2009, 03:13:34 PM »

I found an older article that brought up that he had a romantic interest in her, fwiw the statement couldn't be confirmed......

snipped

Another law enforcement source familiar with the probe identified the suspect as a lab technician who works with animal testing at Yale. That technician’s campus phone number was disconnected Monday afternoon and he couldn’t be reached for comment. The technician allegedly had an unrequited romantic interest in Annie Le, according to that source. That suggestion couldn’t be independently verified Monday afternoon.

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2009/09/serious_suspect.php#017029more

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #919 on: September 17, 2009, 03:20:05 PM »

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/accused-annie-le-murderer-ray-clark/story?id=8602492

Who is Ray Clark, Alleged Murderer of Yale Student Annie Le?

There is the Ray Clark his high school friends remember: competive baseball player who was respectful of authority, volunteered to help the homeless and raised money for cancer stricken patients. He was also a member of the Asian Awareness Club.

Others, mostly those from more recent days, saw a darker side of the 24-year-old Clark: withdrawn, officious at work, and very controlling of his fiance. There is even a police report suggesting that Clark was once menacing enough for his high school girlfriend to call the cops.

snipped

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.