May 03, 2024, 11:06:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #825 10/12/09 - 11/07/09  (Read 405519 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1140 on: October 26, 2009, 05:26:59 AM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight

Thanks, Klaas.  Will listen to the taped version.  Nothing like a little Dana in your ear at night.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1141 on: October 26, 2009, 05:34:52 AM »

It appears that despite their heartbreaking divorce ... Natalee Holloway's mother and stepfather and still one in regards to aspects of the Aruban investigation that has prevented justice from prevailing for a special someone they both love.

I may be wishful thinking but ... it is still my hope that maybe ... just maybe ... Jug and Beth ...

an angelic monkey

Janet

++++++

JUG TWITTY AND BETH HOLLOWAY

Missing Teen's Family Blames Probe
Dec 19, 2:58 PM (ET)
By MICHAEL MELIA

The girl's stepfather, Jug Twitty, said he believes witnesses in the Dutch Caribbean island of Aruba know what happened but are not coming forward, and he criticized prosecutors' decision to drop the case against the only known suspects.

"It's also I think a sad day for the Aruban people because the officials there are inept," Twitty told The Associated Press in a telephone interview from Birmingham, Ala.   Natalee's mother, Beth Twitty, referred a reporter's questions about the handling of the case to Jug Twitty.

The Aruba Public Prosecutor's Office said Tuesday it will not charge the three young men who were seen leaving a bar with Holloway on May 30, 2005, the night she vanished during a trip to the island with members of her Mountain Brook, Ala., high school graduating class.

Jug Twitty said the girl's mother was considering appealing the prosecutor's decision and hoped a new search by a Texas-based private group in the waters off Aruba might find Holloway's body.

"I can't say we're optimistic," Twitty said.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071219/D8TKNGN00.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway

Page 227:
  Jug has supported me through this entire nightmare.  And we have done everything we can.

Jug Twitty
SCARED MONKEYS - FP COMMENTS
January 8, 2007

168. I HAVE READ ALL THE COMMENTS AND APPRECIATE ALL THE SUPPORT. REGARDLESS OF WHAT PEOPLE MAY THINK I STILL LOVE BETH, MATT AND NATALEE. I WILL ALWAYS BE THERE FOR THEM. I PRAY FOR CLOSURE EVERY NIGHT SO BETH CAN REST.

Comment by JUG TWITTY/January 8, 2007, 9:27 am

'Scarborough Country' - July. 15, 2005

JUG TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S STEPFATHER: Beth and I have been through this emotional roller coaster. And all we want is Natalee, whether she's alive or dead. We want to bring her back to the United States, and we'll leave and they can do whatever they want to do.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8551824/

Hi Janet:

Who is still one. and what year is Melia's Missing Teen's Family Blames Probe?  Thank you.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1142 on: October 26, 2009, 05:37:39 AM »

Monkeys

I hope you are all having a nice Sunday.

Grandsons (10/11) were just dropped off by youngest son and wife.  A lunch out and a couple games of bowling after church with Auntie and Uncle on this rainy day was where it was at.

I will make up something for dinner ... I do not have a clue what ... and then a game of Monopoly is in the plans..

Papa and I are TOC (Teachers on Call) for these two home-schooled kids tomorrow.

Later, Janet

5:00 PM PT

Sounds like lots of fun.  I wish I had someone near me that liked the simple things in life.

What does a TOC do?

I believe in miracles!
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1143 on: October 26, 2009, 05:51:34 AM »

The case was closed the end of Dec. 2007.

Joran had no need to give any statement.  If one wants to argue that he "secretly" did so to be on the record as only disposing a body....he had ample time to give that statement at the November arrest.  Aruba could have announced that they brought them in, Natalee died accidentally, Joran disposed of her and the punishment for that has been served.

There was no need for dramatic undercover tapes for that goal to be accomplished.

I don't think Joran had any idea he was being taped.  I don't think he told the whole truth but it was a first hand window into the "real" sporter/scholar.

....and.....Peter R. is hot....
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1144 on: October 26, 2009, 07:46:46 AM »

Good Morning

Nut44x4, echosofangels and 1 Guest viewing this topic.

I can't sleep.

Janet
4:45 AM PT

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1145 on: October 26, 2009, 07:47:06 AM »

Good Night, nightcrew.....I think San's team won....  

Old people are on their bikes and heading to bed...................................

See you all tomorrow.....

Thanks Mere, so I guess that makes it official:

Phillies (bearlyhere) vs Yankees (San) in the WS!     

Good night, sweet dreams!   an angelic monkey

It's on!

Play ball!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1146 on: October 26, 2009, 07:59:46 AM »

So much effort defending Peter.....
Why? 
I appreciate all the posts implying that the arrests of urine/k2 Nov 21 2007 had nothing to do with the RR tapes...
so much NEW evidence that warranted the arrests...even a team of 10 lawyers from the NL led by another OM/not mos (he only was in charge of PR, after all).
where did all that NEW evidence lead? J.Q. Kelly said there was NO new evidence....even went as far as to say the arrests were bogus (99.9% sure when greta asked him if he was 100% sure).
What I believe it did was set the bar THAT MUCH HIGHER for a rearrest in the event of real NEW evidence discovered in the future...
WHAT THE ARRESTS did do....prevented Peter/Patrick hidden camera sting to start on or about 21 Nov 2007.
Put urine/k2 together with the ale/om for a couple of weeks - was this time used to solidify stories/update urine/k2 with latest intel/prep urine/k2/their lawyers/ale/om with possible future discoveries by persistence search (I contend the the persistence search efforts were publicized in July 2007....and it is not a stretch in my mind to think the the arrests were solely for the purpose of aruba powers that be/ale/om to circle the wagons (so to speak) to prepare for the possibility that the water search may yield evidence (like cage/Natalee clothing/remains)...
Back on point....
The arrests delayed the RR tapes...turns out the RR tapes happened AFTER the persistence discovery (and yes...ALE/OM was prominent in the discovery, so they obviously knew on 7 Jan 2008 that the cage held something that may be case related)....
The RR tapes were revealed to the world on 4 Feb 2008.....
Peter/mos/dolf had secret meeting between Jan 24 - 29, 2008 - mos said not enough evidence on the RR tapes to rearrest urine....5th tape recorded..  then later in Feb 2008 judge first then 3 panel judges on appeal ruled the tapes didn't offer enough new evidence (Because urine lies... ).
If there is not a connection between the arrests in Nov 2007 and the discrediting of the RR tapes in Feb 2008....
I'll be glad to eat crow...way too much circumstantial evidence for me NOT to believe there IS A CONNECTION...watching the way aruba has acted over the last 4+ yrs is my basis..
Please scroll on by if you don't think it is worth further discussion/dissection...
I won't be offended....

Any reason you call him urine?

Urine is sterile and odorless.

I don't think he is clean and I also think he reeks.  Just askin'

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1147 on: October 26, 2009, 08:02:45 AM »

billb,

Tim Miller

Dave Holloway

Peter DeVries

Who's next?

I've stated my reasons for defending Peter DeVries, for one I give Beth Holloway credit for knowing a helluva lot more about what's going on than I do.  I have never heard or read a negative or even questionable thing she's said about him.  I posted what she had to say about him right after the recordings aired.  She respected the work he'd done before the Range Rover recordings too.  Beth upholds him...so do I.  I think she's looked corruption in the eye long enough to know it when she sees it.

Second, his reputation and 30 years of trying to help solve crimes. 

Believe what you will, I'm done.

And btw, I do think Peter DeVries is a very attractive man; and I love to hear him talk.

I feel the same way about my husband of 26 years.

My favorite thing about Peter is the way he looks at Joran and Paulus...you know he said in one interview that he has some special thoughts about Paulus...and I hope we all get to know what those are some day soon.  He's not known for giving up, so I'm waiting patiently for what comes next.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1148 on: October 26, 2009, 08:05:34 AM »

The case was closed the end of Dec. 2007.

Joran had no need to give any statement.  If one wants to argue that he "secretly" did so to be on the record as only disposing a body....he had ample time to give that statement at the November arrest.  Aruba could have announced that they brought them in, Natalee died accidentally, Joran disposed of her and the punishment for that has been served.

There was no need for dramatic undercover tapes for that goal to be accomplished.

I don't think Joran had any idea he was being taped.  I don't think he told the whole truth but it was a first hand window into the "real" sporter/scholar.

....and.....Peter R. is hot....

I believe in miracles!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1149 on: October 26, 2009, 08:13:08 AM »

Monkeys

I hope you are all having a nice Sunday.

Grandsons (10/11) were just dropped off by youngest son and wife.  A lunch out and a couple games of bowling after church with Auntie and Uncle on this rainy day was where it was at.

I will make up something for dinner ... I do not have a clue what ... and then a game of Monopoly is in the plans..

Papa and I are TOC (Teachers on Call) for these two home-schooled kids tomorrow.

Later, Janet

5:00 PM PT

Sounds like lots of fun.  I wish I had someone near me that liked the simple things in life.

What does a TOC do?

Bearlyhere

To tell the truth ... I do not enjoy the role of teaching my grandkids.  Changing caps sometimes tends to be detrimental to the grandparent relationship. 

Basically ... hubby and I oversee that required assignments are completed accurately and ... provide assistance if required.  Our daughter has already taught the lesson.

Today daughter has committed herself to be a chaperone on a school field trip that youngest grandkids (6/8) are attending.  With four kids and a pilot husband who is often away ... sometimes daughter still needs her Mommy and Daddy's assistance.

Thank you for asking.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1150 on: October 26, 2009, 08:28:24 AM »

It appears that despite their heartbreaking divorce ... Natalee Holloway's mother and stepfather and still one in regards to aspects of the Aruban investigation that has prevented justice from prevailing for a special someone they both love.

<snipped>

Janet

++++++

By MICHAEL MELIA

<snipped>

"It's also I think a sad day for the Aruban people because the officials there are inept," Twitty told The Associated Press in a telephone interview from Birmingham, Ala.   Natalee's mother, Beth Twitty, referred a reporter's questions about the handling of the case to Jug Twitty.

<snipped>

Hi Janet:

Who is still one. and what year is Melia's Missing Teen's Family Blames Probe?   Thank you.

Bearlyhere

1.  Jug and Beth in regards to Natalee.

2.  I am not sure what you are referring to.

Janet

_____

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1151 on: October 26, 2009, 08:44:58 AM »

<snipped>

Janet

++++++

By MICHAEL MELIA

<snipped>

<snipped>

Hi Janet:

Who is still one. and what year is Melia's Missing Teen's Family Blames Probe?   Thank you.

Bearlyhere

1.  Jug and Beth in regards to Natalee.

2.  I am not sure what you are referring to.

Janet

Good morning.   I think Bearly was asking what year Melia's article was printed.  Your link says 2007-12-19, but it no longer connects to that article.   I may be wrong.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1152 on: October 26, 2009, 09:21:19 AM »

Thanks 2NJ

Other than the major American networds ... many Natalee Holloway articles have been archived by the various publications.

Good Morning

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1153 on: October 26, 2009, 09:27:34 AM »

Thanks 2NJ

Other than the major American networds ... many Natalee Holloway articles have been archived by the various publications.

Good Morning

Janet

Here a working link with the same Jug Twitty quote.

Janet

++++++++

Dec. 20, 2007
Holloway Suspect Talked Online About Death
Aruba Prosecutor Says Cell Phone Calls And Text Messages Had Spurred Recent Re-Arrests

On Wednesday, Holloway's family blamed mistakes by Aruban investigators for bringing the case to a dead end after more than two years of searching.

Holloway's stepfather, Jug Twitty, said he believes witnesses in the Dutch Caribbean island know what happened but are not coming forward, and he criticized prosecutors' decision to dismiss the case against the only known suspects.

"It's also I think a sad day for the Aruban people because the officials there are inept," Twitty told The Associated Press in a telephone interview from Birmingham, Ala. Natalee's mother, Beth Twitty, referred a reporter's questions about the handling of the case to Jug Twitty

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/12/20/world/main3636049.shtml

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1154 on: October 26, 2009, 09:36:28 AM »

How often in the Natalee Holloway case does the attorney of the suspects and the attorney of the family have a meeting of the minds.  H--- must have froze over in December, 2007.  Think about it.  Ronald Wix and John Q. Kelly concurred.

Inquiring minds want to know what was behind the November, 2007  detainments of Joran, Deepak and Satish.

Janet

++++++

ACCORDING TO RONALD WIX

Dec. 20, 2007
Holloway Suspect Talked Online About Death
Aruba Prosecutor Says Cell Phone Calls And Text Messages Had Spurred Recent Re-Arrests

But Ronald Wix, an attorney for the Kalpoe brothers, denied that prosecutors had new evidence.

"All they did was recycle old evidence and claim it was new evidence," Wix told The Associated Press, adding that his clients felt vindicated by the prosecutor's decision to drop the case.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/12/20/world/main3636049.shtml

ACCORDING TO JOHN Q. KELLY

Holloway Attorney: 'Extraordinarily Painful'
Tuesday, December 04, 2007

JOHN Q. KELLY, HOLLOWAY ATTORNEY: Well, in their press release and even in conversations. I had a long discussion with him (Hans Mo) Thanksgiving morning after the arrests, and you know, he indicated that they were very confident, this new evidence they had, this incriminating evidence. And it turns out, quite frankly, that it is nothing new ...

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. So you can say with 100 percent certainly there's nothing new, right?

KELLY:  I can say it with 99 percent.  ... I think it was disappointing to me and actually extraordinarily painful and almost cruel for Beth and Dave after being down there.

They'd like to get some answers and they'd like to see some progress made.  And it's not fair to bring them down there with the false promises, with raised expectations, sort of a dog and pony show down there with no substance.

And it was — it just really took whatever spirit, almost, that Beth and Dave had left, went through that this weekend. It was really — it was terribly painful, for lack of a better expression.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,314966,00.html

_____

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1155 on: October 26, 2009, 09:39:46 AM »

And it was precisely one month later that Kyle came to us with his information.

One month after reading they could not, WOULD NOT re-detain Joran because there was nothing to corroborate his confession.

When one month prior to this appellate ruling there WAS likely something found that could have corroborated it.

The contents of the cage found by Persistence and recovered by Aruba.

Had Silvetti done right by Natalee and her family, it's likely Joran would be in prison right now, thanks to his admissions to Patrick - recorded by Peter DeVries.

The only collaboration here was done by Silvetti and Aruba - NOT DeVries.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20178404,00.html

Joran van der Sloot Won't Be Rearrested in Natalee Holloway Case

By Siobhan Morrissey

Originally posted Friday February 15, 2008 11:55 AM EST

Natalee Holloway (left) and Joran Van der Sloot

Photo by: AP; Peter Dejong / AP

Joran van der Sloot won't be rearrested in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway – despite what appeared to be his recent confession to the crime.

An Aruban court of appeal ruled late Thursday that while van der Sloot remains the prime suspect, he could not be rearrested solely on the confession, which was secretly taped inside a vehicle rigged with hidden cameras and recording devices.

The court found the Dutch student's statements could not be corroborated. Because he has given so many different versions of what happened the night Natalee disappeared nearly three years ago, it's hard to tell what really happened, the court says.

"Considering the possibility of a serious personality disorder – as voiced by the prosecution – combined with a personal history of untrue statements and remarks, which even according to the suspect himself are frequently false, the Court of Appeal has reasons for doubt regarding the incriminating character of the 'car-statement,'" the court stated.

Van der Sloot told a "friend" (who secretly recorded him for a Dutch TV show) that the Alabama teen went into convulsions and died on the beach the night she disappeared in May 2005. Then, van der Sloot said, someone dumped her at sea.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1156 on: October 26, 2009, 10:02:07 AM »

Good morning Monkeys.

In reading over the posts from this weekend, I got one helluva headache and my stomach is in knots.

Apart from a few posts from people who were tearing their hair out - I thought I had made a mistake, and was really reading at RU.

Sad.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1157 on: October 26, 2009, 10:17:29 AM »

Good morning Monkeys.

In reading over the posts from this weekend, I got one helluva headache and my stomach is in knots.

Apart from a few posts from people who were tearing their hair out - I thought I had made a mistake, and was really reading at RU.

Sad.

Yes, it is sad.     

Believe me, I experienced everything you're experiencing and more.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1158 on: October 26, 2009, 10:19:08 AM »

Good morning!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1159 on: October 26, 2009, 10:25:30 AM »

Good morning Monkeys.

Sad.

Good morning Jen and good morning Monkeys.

I'm sorry about your headache and your upset tummy.   an angelic monkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.