May 05, 2024, 04:47:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #2 10/29/09 - 11/18/09  (Read 605066 times)
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #520 on: November 02, 2009, 12:03:52 PM »

Since I am older than dirt, I remember rushing home every Sunday night just to listen to the radio program, "The Shadow"... Anyone else do that?   Monkey Devil!

The sinister voice came over the radio with, "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!"  The Shadow was a perfectly creepy teller of mystery tales.  I'd listen to those still, if I could.    

My parents were horrified, of course.  And I'd bet a good majority of us who were enthralled by The Shadow, did not grow up to be evil creepy people.  Am betting it's the same for some in this generation's seeming interest in Twilight and other things vampire-ish.  Seems there's an element of good over evil, just as it was with The Shadow. 

Still think they ought to bring back Mr. Ed.   

Exactly, and for those that haven't ventured into the twilight series or movie, there really isn't even any sex in it. It is tame, and boring I put the book down.
Really.   lol...I have read all 4 books and I liked them, but then I have 3 or 4 teenage girls around here at any given time and I wanted to see why they liked them so much......NewMoon comes out the 20th and we have a big night planned on the 21st to go see it, we have about 10 kids that are all going to watch this one just like the we did Twilight when it came out....they cant wait......lol

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #521 on: November 02, 2009, 12:06:39 PM »

Since I am older than dirt, I remember rushing home every Sunday night just to listen to the radio program, "The Shadow"... Anyone else do that?   Monkey Devil!

The sinister voice came over the radio with, "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!"  The Shadow was a perfectly creepy teller of mystery tales.  I'd listen to those still, if I could.    

My parents were horrified, of course.  And I'd bet a good majority of us who were enthralled by The Shadow, did not grow up to be evil creepy people.  Am betting it's the same for some in this generation's seeming interest in Twilight and other things vampire-ish.  Seems there's an element of good over evil, just as it was with The Shadow. 

Still think they ought to bring back Mr. Ed.   

Exactly, and for those that haven't ventured into the twilight series or movie, there really isn't even any sex in it. It is tame, and boring I put the book down.
Really.   lol...I have read all 4 books and I liked them, but then I have 3 or 4 teenage girls around here at any given time and I wanted to see why they liked them so much......NewMoon comes out the 20th and we have a big night planned on the 21st to go see it, we have about 10 kids that are all going to watch this one just like the we did Twilight when it came out....they cant wait......lol
A lot of adults love the twilight series, my daughters sure do    The Twilight series has nothing to do with Vampire Freaks, nothing at all.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: November 02, 2009, 12:07:08 PM »

The system in Missouri does have issues.  No wonder a scan of all the local news have NOTHING about Elizabeth.  Top headline - new recylcing sytem. 

Officials to Look Into Link Between Corrections Worker, Alleged Shooter
A robbery led to a shooting Tuesda
y in Jefferson City.
- Investigation Begins
Missouri Department of Corrections officials have launched an investigation into whether one of its employees had "any unauthorized contact" with a former inmate accused of shooting a man Tuesday. If it's found that Brenda Oakley - a cook for the Corrections Department - had improper contact with Patrick Evans, the case will be turned over to local investigators to determine if more charges should be filed. Evans was found Wednesday inside Oakley's home, hiding from police.  Posted by Matt LeBlanc

http://www.kmiz.com/news/story.php?id=15244&author=Greg%20Dingrando&category=Crime&franchise=Crime%20Alerts&county=Cole&city=Jefferson%20City&partner=

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #523 on: November 02, 2009, 12:12:05 PM »

KRCG has stopped posting comments on any of the stories around this case since Oct 30th .   
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #524 on: November 02, 2009, 12:12:58 PM »

KRCG has stopped posting comments on any of the stories around this case since Oct 30th .   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: November 02, 2009, 12:14:35 PM »

They are trying to make this go away 
Txsflame
Scared Monkey

UnID Murder victim

« Reply #526 on: November 02, 2009, 12:20:30 PM »

An intresting thought..AB has NOT been moved to her(SC) top friend. ANYONE who has a teen KNOWS the importance of being the #1 friend on MS. LOL I make top on my daughters when she is mad at her boyfriend.. and her brother gets the honor when she is mad at both me and bf..lol We know we are in for a bad day when "bubba" is on top of friends list! U can go thru MS all day and find commnets"why am Inot top friend"!!

Perfectly Imperfect. Imperfection is the only thinig I ever perfected!!!!

Please visit http://walkercountyjanedoe1980.webs.com

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6550.new#new
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #527 on: November 02, 2009, 12:24:40 PM »

An intresting thought..AB has NOT been moved to her(SC) top friend. ANYONE who has a teen KNOWS the importance of being the #1 friend on MS. LOL I make top on my daughters when she is mad at her boyfriend.. and her brother gets the honor when she is mad at both me and bf..lol We know we are in for a bad day when "bubba" is on top of friends list! U can go thru MS all day and find commnets"why am Inot top friend"!!

I think AB became Smooth Crim's "bestie" when SC found out the news about AB's arrest.

BTW - wasn't sure if this has been posted (pls excuse if duplicate) but this myspace is Also SmoothCrim's.  She created it with a friend.  I would have to say that this friend, Allie, is most likely Charlotte's/SC's "bestie":

http://www.myspace.com/fuckinpurpleunicorns

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #528 on: November 02, 2009, 12:25:56 PM »

Sure looks like they are  trying to  make this go away or at least let is slip off the radar.  Love or hate NG she is keeping this in the media which is going to put pressure on the howdy dodie media in Jefferson City and fuel the outrage.  A child's life is not disposable.

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #529 on: November 02, 2009, 12:25:58 PM »

this might be the Allie she created the purple unicorn MS with (#2 on her friends, only MJ is higher, lol):

http://www.myspace.com/awsome_christian1

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #530 on: November 02, 2009, 12:26:42 PM »

I think AB became Smooth Crim's "bestie" when SC found out the news about AB's arrest.

BTW - wasn't sure if this has been posted (pls excuse if duplicate) but this myspace is Also SmoothCrim's.  She created it with a friend.  I would have to say that this friend, Allie, is most likely Charlotte's/SC's "bestie":

http://www.myspace.com/fuckinpurpleunicorns
Sure appears that way.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #531 on: November 02, 2009, 12:27:36 PM »

I'm glad NG isn't letting this go away.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #532 on: November 02, 2009, 12:31:57 PM »

Ilovecookies 
Registered User   Join Date: Nov 2009

Honestly, (I've told tricia this) I don't think that anyone saw this coming from AB (if that is indeed who did it). AB went to church voluntarily, and even went most mornings before school. She was a little introverted, but given the trauma I was told she experienced I would be too. She might be throwing up red flags in retrospect, but at that age I would have been throwing up the same red-flags as well. I used to listen to horrorcon music (ICP, Twitizd, Lotus, etc), I had hilter as one of my listed heroes, and I cut myself on an almost hourly basis. I think everyone can look back and see the red-flags, but as the red-flags progress (especially in JCHS) they are disregarded, because there are alot of angsty kids that are close to the same as AB. and you can't treat each one as a murderer, because it would be unfair to the ones that are truly just doing it out of angst.

I wonder how JCHS is doing. I fear for the safety of everyone (teachers included) in that school. It has been a disaster waiting to happen for years, and I fear that this might be the incident that sends it over the edge.

Sorry if my thoughts are jumbled and don't make any sense. and all this is jmo 
   Another post from WS.
JOLfan
Scared Monkey

Proud sister of a United States Marine.

« Reply #533 on: November 02, 2009, 12:36:38 PM »

I'm not understanding what you mean by Vampire blogs? Do you mean the Twilight stuff? I remember watching Dark Shadows when I was a kid and watching vampire movies. If it is the Twilight stuff, that is tame reading.

this kind of stuff, NoRose:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=174266347&albumId=2091637

I remember a few years ago I became aware that there are people in this world who WANT to look like vampires, and not just on Halloween!

Available now are crowns that are shaped like fangs that a dentist can fit - and also contact lenses to make eyes look vampirish.

Thanks, I read about the crowns and contact lenses to make one look like a vampire. Certainly not my cup of tea, but whatever. The fascination with vampires is nothing new.

When I was in high school (in the early 90's) there was a group of guys who referred to themselves as "The Lost Boys", after the movie.  They called themselves vampires and hung out in an open crypt in a cemetery in town. 

My mother still watches Dark Shadows...she rents the seasons from NetFlix.   

Everybody's got something to hide...except for me and my monkey
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #534 on: November 02, 2009, 12:43:43 PM »

Ilovecookies 
Registered User   Join Date: Nov 2009

Honestly, (I've told tricia this) I don't think that anyone saw this coming from AB (if that is indeed who did it). AB went to church voluntarily, and even went most mornings before school. She was a little introverted, but given the trauma I was told she experienced I would be too. She might be throwing up red flags in retrospect, but at that age I would have been throwing up the same red-flags as well. I used to listen to horrorcon music (ICP, Twitizd, Lotus, etc), I had hilter as one of my listed heroes, and I cut myself on an almost hourly basis. I think everyone can look back and see the red-flags, but as the red-flags progress (especially in JCHS) they are disregarded, because there are alot of angsty kids that are close to the same as AB. and you can't treat each one as a murderer, because it would be unfair to the ones that are truly just doing it out of angst.

I wonder how JCHS is doing. I fear for the safety of everyone (teachers included) in that school. It has been a disaster waiting to happen for years, and I fear that this might be the incident that sends it over the edge.

Sorry if my thoughts are jumbled and don't make any sense. and all this is jmo 
   Another post from WS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have this same fear.  The School district mentioned nothing about counseling for the HS.  Their main message as I interpreted their official statements has been was "did not happen on our property - move along".  This IMO is an indicator that they have serious issues and know it.  Issues will not go away by sweeping them under a rug nor will they  get better by the local media not reporting on the issues.  Why is information so dangerous in JC?  To me , it seems they are trying to create a scripted reality where everything is fine and the Koolaid is yummy.
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #535 on: November 02, 2009, 12:46:41 PM »

O/T  do we have a thread for baby Shannon yet?

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21492413/detail.html

Yes.  Link to Shannon Lea Dedrick's thread: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6410.msg1002751#new

an angelic monkey
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 03:09:20 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: November 02, 2009, 12:49:26 PM »

I'm not understanding what you mean by Vampire blogs? Do you mean the Twilight stuff? I remember watching Dark Shadows when I was a kid and watching vampire movies. If it is the Twilight stuff, that is tame reading.

this kind of stuff, NoRose:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=174266347&albumId=2091637

I remember a few years ago I became aware that there are people in this world who WANT to look like vampires, and not just on Halloween!

Available now are crowns that are shaped like fangs that a dentist can fit - and also contact lenses to make eyes look vampirish.

Thanks, I read about the crowns and contact lenses to make one look like a vampire. Certainly not my cup of tea, but whatever. The fascination with vampires is nothing new.

When I was in high school (in the early 90's) there was a group of guys who referred to themselves as "The Lost Boys", after the movie.  They called themselves vampires and hung out in an open crypt in a cemetery in town. 

My mother still watches Dark Shadows...she rents the seasons from NetFlix.   
Dark Shadows is great, and I loved the movie The Lost Boys. Vampire books and movies have been around for a long time. It goes in and out with popularity. Right now vampires are big again, the show True Blood is also very good. I guess with anything if you become obsessed that is never good, and with some people their obsessions can become deadly. But the great majority of people can watch and read things without going over the edge.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #537 on: November 02, 2009, 12:51:47 PM »

From different things I've read from locals, there sure seems to be a very bad problem in the area. One of the things I read, which now I don't remember where, there is a big meth problem in the area. But, unfortunately there is a meth problem all across the country 
mommy2many
Scared Monkey

« Reply #538 on: November 02, 2009, 12:55:11 PM »

O/T  do we have a thread for baby Shannon yet?

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21492413/detail.html

ok i just don't get it!  this is so stupid! no amber alert? why?  because Washington County Sheriff Bobby Haddock says "nothing at this time makes them think the baby was abducted, but she "didn’t crawl or walk away."  how dumb does this comment sound?  augh!

Mommy to 5 wonderful kids!
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #539 on: November 02, 2009, 12:57:27 PM »

Sure looks like they are  trying to  make this go away or at least let is slip off the radar.  Love or hate NG she is keeping this in the media which is going to put pressure on the howdy dodie media in Jefferson City and fuel the outrage.  A child's life is not disposable.

I'm glad you posted this picture of Elizabeth Olten again. Again, it looks like the victim gets forgotten and it is all about the perp. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.