May 02, 2024, 04:48:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #2 10/29/09 - 4/26/10  (Read 727780 times)
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #980 on: November 13, 2009, 12:46:03 PM »

I'm On My way to Alabama and hope that the perv is caught by the time i get back. i won't have access to the net or the cable news so. I'll hope for good news by the time i get back.

Hugs to all the monkeys.

A tribute to those who died at Fort Hood & all fallen soldiers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJf9ZezTZE
candycane
Scared Monkey

« Reply #981 on: November 13, 2009, 01:26:22 PM »

Although I feel it is very  wrong that anyone would send hate mail or call the Mother I do see why this is so controversial and so talked about.
1  The sheriff has not ruled her out even knowing that this is happening to her.
2  She has done many interviews this week  but failed to mention even once the bookbag or lunch box that has not been found.
3  She is not making any appeal for information to help find her daughter killer .

Mothers can not even put into words the bonds we have with our children, they are our whole world.  When diena talked in one interview how they search the dump for Somer and " that couldn't have been a good job at all".. I cringed

I know everyone is different and we all express in our own ways but some of this just makes no sense and there is a big disconnect with her. I" sorry but I feel these Interviews are always about how Deina is feeling not really about Somer
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #982 on: November 13, 2009, 01:37:07 PM »

I'm On My way to Alabama and hope that the perv is caught by the time i get back. i won't have access to the net or the cable news so. I'll hope for good news by the time i get back.

Hugs to all the monkeys.
Have a safe trip  an angelic monkey I hope there is good news soon.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #983 on: November 13, 2009, 04:54:00 PM »

Although I feel it is very  wrong that anyone would send hate mail or call the Mother I do see why this is so controversial and so talked about.
1  The sheriff has not ruled her out even knowing that this is happening to her.
2  She has done many interviews this week  but failed to mention even once the bookbag or lunch box that has not been found.
3  She is not making any appeal for information to help find her daughter killer .

Mothers can not even put into words the bonds we have with our children, they are our whole world.  When diena talked in one interview how they search the dump for Somer and " that couldn't have been a good job at all".. I cringed

I know everyone is different and we all express in our own ways but some of this just makes no sense and there is a big disconnect with her. I" sorry but I feel these Interviews are always about how Deina is feeling not really about Somer

Completely disagree!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #984 on: November 13, 2009, 05:29:03 PM »

Hugs to all the monkeys.

Have a safe trip.

Maybe there will be good news awaiting you! We can only hope.

candycane
Scared Monkey

« Reply #985 on: November 13, 2009, 07:44:09 PM »

When Somer Thompson went missing last month, the phones were ringing off the hook.

First Coast Crime Stoppers sift through tips to solve crime
One handles the nearly 4,000 tips made in the Somer Thompson case

Answering those calls was, initially, a 24/7 job for law enforcement. Hundreds of people, from several law enforcement agencies, sifted through mounds of tips for any clues to the disappearance and killing of the Orange Park 7-year-old.

"It's a massive undertaking," said Lt. Barry Abramowitz of the Clay County Sheriff's Office. "But if it's the missing piece to the puzzle, you might never know if you don't take it seriously."

Following up on leads is one of the most important things police can do to solve crimes, he said, but it can be time-consuming, particularly because of the growing success of anonymous tip lines such as First Coast Crime Stoppers.

The hotline is anonymous. The service doesn't trace phone calls or use caller ID, so nobody can ever find out who made the tip.

Read more here

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-11-13/story/first_coast_crime_stoppers_sift_through_tips_to_solve_crime
Mary
Scared Monkey

« Reply #986 on: November 13, 2009, 07:45:37 PM »

I feel really bad for this woman and maybe she does not express herself very well,
I guess till we walk in her shoes we wouldn't know. There is one thing thats
bothering me.
On AMW show they showed a list of family things, they wanted to know about
Somers siblings and it said 2, a twin and a 10 year old sister.
On Dr. Phils show, he said that Somer had a twin brother and a 10 year old sister.
How come there is no mention of the 13 year old 1/2 brother. It bothers me that
he is in the background so much and makes me go mmmmmmm?
candycane
Scared Monkey

« Reply #987 on: November 13, 2009, 07:53:18 PM »

Sexual Predator Gets 40 Days in Jail; Some Want Answers

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=148122&catid=3

This is an outrage ..
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #988 on: November 13, 2009, 08:05:58 PM »

I feel really bad for this woman and maybe she does not express herself very well,
bothering me.
On Dr. Phils show, he said that Somer had a twin brother and a 10 year old sister.

I have no answer to this. Except maybe he has asked (for whatever reason) to remain in the background as much as possible and they are doing what they can to honor that wish. That's just a guess, and the only one I could think of.

candycane
Scared Monkey

« Reply #989 on: November 14, 2009, 01:57:41 AM »

bothering me.

I have no answer to this. Except maybe he has asked (for whatever reason) to remain in the background as much as possible and they are doing what they can to honor that wish. That's just a guess, and the only one I could think of.

I think the media just gets it wrong

Somer's Older Brother Staying Positive (This is from 10/21)

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21363554/detail.html
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #990 on: November 14, 2009, 04:33:35 AM »

bothering me.

Yes, there certainly is that! The media gets so many things wrong!

I remember reading about Andrew distributing fliers back before Somer had been found.  I think he has been keeping low key and out of the spotlight since then though.  JMO

candycane
: I left you a post at http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4314.msg1013152#msg1013152 Wink

Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #991 on: November 14, 2009, 10:35:33 AM »

bothering me.

Yes, there certainly is that! The media gets so many things wrong!

I remember reading about Andrew distributing fliers back before Somer had been found.  I think he has been keeping low key and out of the spotlight since then though.  JMO

candycane
: I left you a post at http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4314.msg1013152#msg1013152 Wink

I think it could be media getting it wrong but also some people just don't view half or step siblings as siblings.  With half sibling kids myself I see that every so often.
candycane
Scared Monkey

« Reply #992 on: November 14, 2009, 11:44:48 AM »

Thank you Brandi so much... I really love the sparkling avatar
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #993 on: November 15, 2009, 07:51:08 AM »

http://www.digtriad.com/news/most_popular/article.aspx?storyid=133179&provider=top
Somer Thompson's Memorial In Graham
 Ashley Smith    Created:  11/14/2009 8:19:27 PM  Updated: 11/14/2009 11:32:54 PM

Graham, NC -- Her story remains in the hearts of so many people in our community and Saturday, November 14, 2009, Somer Thompson will not be forgotten as her father Sam Thompson celebrates her life in Graham.

Investigators found the seven-year old's body in a Georgia landfill last month.  She disappeared while walking home from school in Florida.

It's been a couple of weeks since Somer's funeral in Florida but it wasn't until Saturday that family and friends from Graham had a chance to say goodbye.

Around one-hundred people showed up dressed in purple at Riverside Baptist Church to participate in prayer, singing and sharing fond memories of Somer.

When Sam Thompson spoke to the congregation, he relived some of the painful details he's experienced in these past weeks and begged parents to keep a watchful eye on their children, "We don't live in 1975 anymore and it only takes a second for our children to be taken away from us."

Thompson said this was a time to say goodbye, but that doesn't provide closure, "There will be no closure in this. For the days I have left in my life, there will never be a day where I feel like, 'Oh, this is ok, I can move on and live with my life'."

He did say, however, the memorial gave him a chance to tell the good stories about Somer's life. But most importantly, it was also a chance for him to give a warning to his community about how quickly life can be taken away, "We get complacent. We get to feel safe in our little zones. And our kids are always under our feet and we want some time to ourselves, but they grow up and they go away and then we don't have them anymore. Or something bad like this happens, so just don't take our kids for granted."

Florida investigators say they still haven't made an arrest, but they have some 3,600 leads in the case.  Thompson remains positive that Somer's killer will be caught.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #994 on: November 16, 2009, 06:49:02 AM »

http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/11/somers-day-music-fest-raises-m.html
Local News      
Somer's Day Music Fest Raises Money For Family
By
Adam Kirk - Morning News Producer
@ November 16, 2009 5:57 AM Permalink | Comments (0)
10 local bands took to the stage in Orange Park over the weekend, to raise awareness of the dangers of sexual predators, and raise money for the family of 7-year-old Somer Thompson.

There's no evidence Somer was killed by a predator, but organizers say the case raises questions about child safety.

Organizers want to make the Somer's Day Music Festival at Town Hall Park an annual event.

"We want to bring the community together to get as many of the groups we got here to bring the awareness to the children and to the parents," Will Sabo, co-founder of Rockers Against Sexual Predators told out news parter Channel 4.

There is no official count of how much money was raised, but organizers say all of the proceeds will go to Somer's family.

The 7-year-old went missing while walking home from school in October, and was found several days later in a Georgia landfill.

Police are still searching for her killer, and anyone with information that could help police in their search for Somer's killer are asked to call the Clay County tipline at 877-227-6911 or Crime Stoppers at 866-845-TIPS.

You can also e-mail Clay County investigators at cart@claysheriff.com.

The total amount of reward money in the case stands at $45,000.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #995 on: November 16, 2009, 02:50:11 PM »

Trimm - thanks for the updates!   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #996 on: November 16, 2009, 06:23:08 PM »

Yes, TRIMM. Thanks.  an angelic monkey

What in the world is going on in Somer's murder case? 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #997 on: November 16, 2009, 08:03:10 PM »

Yes, TRIMM. Thanks.  an angelic monkey

What in the world is going on in Somer's murder case? 

It's starting to remind me of Haleigh's disappearance case.

LE being tight-lipped about everything now.

FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #998 on: November 17, 2009, 07:34:28 AM »

Hi Monkeys!!
I got back late Sunday night. I tried catching up. I saw there was no new news or any good news about an arrest.

Yesterday I woke up on my birthday, To the news that Shaniya Davis' mother was arrested for human trafficking and then heard in the afternoon little Shaniya's body had been found.

What in the sam hell is wrong with people? What in hell causes people to do these horrible crimes. You sort of expect when i child goes missing that it's a predator or in some cases the parent killed the child. Reasons only known to the monsters who do the act.

What in the sam hell causes a mother to prostitute her own child and then she winds up dead? ALL those involved in any aspect should be given the death penalty. I am tired of these stories and we can only stop them when the laws change about the abuses on our children. They are so innocent.

I cried on and off for hours yesterday and then last night my husband came home when Nancy Grace came on. He could not finish watching it. He was crying so hard and so angry.

What do we need to do and what needs to happen to save our children?

I say kill all who harm our children in a sexual manner or rape and murder them. They deserve no less. IMO

A tribute to those who died at Fort Hood & all fallen soldiers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJf9ZezTZE
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #999 on: November 17, 2009, 12:10:10 PM »

happy birthday Finding...although getting the news of Shaniya on your birthday put a damper on the day for sure!

My hubs had to leave the room when NG was on as well..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.