May 21, 2024, 04:14:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #176 12/20/10 - 1/4/11  (Read 146677 times)
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #160 on: December 23, 2010, 09:46:47 PM »

seen this at the hinky:

excellent read from WS "LCoastMom" :

..baez in action.

..defending Nilton Diaz---in the death of a 2 year old.

One Trick Pony - A Compilation:

"I'm not going to defend Nilton Diaz," defense lawyer Jose A. Baez promised jurors during opening statements in Diaz's trial. "I'm going to prosecute Samaris Bobe Silva." (the child's Mom).

Defense lawyers Baez and Jonathan Kasen said they intend to attack the state's case by assailing detective Dan Conlee for zeroing in too quickly on Diaz, by criticizing the work of a medical examiner and by accusing the young mother. They pointed an accusing finger Tuesday at the slain toddler's mother, saying she had treated the 2-year-old like "an animal."

In his closing remarks, Diaz's lawyer, Jose Baez, attacked prosecutors, sheriff's Detective Dan Conlee, the state's medical experts and the child's mother, suggesting they all distorted the truth in their pursuit of Diaz, the lone suspect in the toddler's death.

A jury of eight women and four men deliberated more than seven hours before deciding Nilton Diaz, 30, was guilty of manslaughter and child abuse. Diaz, who had been charged with first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse, seemed stunned by the verdict. He looked to his lawyer for an explanation.

Defense lawyer Jose Baez asked Circuit Judge Mark Nacke to set aside the verdicts, arguing they were based on undependable, controversial and conflicting medical evidence. Baez said the prosecution's case was filled with reasonable doubts.

"We all know something happened to this child, but we still don't know what," Baez said. "What it basically boils down to is pure speculation."

"This simply can't stand," Baez said. He argued the jury's verdicts were inconsistent. Baez said child abuse is an intentional act, while manslaughter is a death resulting from an unintentional act. He said an appeal would raise that issue.

Nacke refused to overturn the verdicts.

In documents seeking a new trial and other post-conviction relief, Diaz says he lost his freedom because of Baez's trial performance, strategy and failure to disclose evidence to prosecutors, a tactical decision that prevented jurors from viewing a defense video. Diaz said “…Mr. Baez wanted to surprise the prosecution, and the surprise blew up in the defense’s face.”

Baez, was not allowed to show jurors computer animation that depicted Silva injuring the child, accused the state's medical experts of "recklessly giving opinions." The defense has portrayed Silva as a lying child abuser and a bad mother.

The video, created by a biomechanical expert, would have shown the jury how the toddler's skull fracture could have been an accident, according to new court filings.

Nilton Diaz, filed a motion for a new trial, claiming he was convicted due to the “defectiveness” of his defense attorney, Jose Baez.

Baez called it a common post-conviction strategy that often cites defense mistakes to win a new trial.

*Nut adding link where info can be read.
here is a link dated 3/28/09
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/jose-baez-attorney-for-casey-anthony-called-defective-lawyer-by-former-client
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 04:30:34 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Loca
crazybabyborg
« Reply #161 on: December 23, 2010, 10:48:40 PM »

Thanks for bringing that over, loca!

Doesn't that paint an accurate picture of Clown Bozo???  He is such a joke and a great match for Casey.

She's going DOWN!
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #162 on: December 23, 2010, 11:29:31 PM »

Doesn't that paint an accurate picture of Clown Bozo???  He is such a joke and a great match for Casey.

She's going DOWN!

your welcome CBB
yup sure paints him as he realy is a looser clown wanting to make it big by exploiting his clients. he is doing to her what he did to that man dunno if the man was innocent or not but casey is NOT we know that!!! what a match they are!! I wonder if she will scream  at him when she is convicted???

Loca
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #163 on: December 24, 2010, 04:44:31 AM »

that are

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
crazybabyborg
« Reply #164 on: December 24, 2010, 04:47:10 AM »

Nut........... you just won't do!!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #165 on: December 24, 2010, 04:49:52 AM »

She's going DOWN!

your welcome CBB
yup sure paints him as he realy is a looser clown wanting to make it big by exploiting his clients. he is doing to her what he did to that man dunno if the man was innocent or not but casey is NOT we know that!!! what a match they are!! I wonder if she will scream  at him when she is convicted???

She'd have to top Cindy's lungs to be heard, I think!  Somebody's going to have to check her purse for hammers on the day the verdict comes in............. just sayin'.
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #166 on: December 24, 2010, 05:39:08 AM »

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6236234
12/22/2010 Response
to Court's Order Granting State's Motion for Clarification/to Compel Compliance with Order for Additional Discovery
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/67857172/20101222-State-Response-to-Court-Order-Granting-States-Motion-for-Clarification-Re-Discovery  (H/T Muzikman)

12/22/2010 Motion for Sanctions
for Failure to Comply with Order Granting State's Motion for Clarification/to Compel Compliance with Order for Additional Discovery
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/67856913/20101222-State-Motion-for-Sanctions-For-Failure-to-Comply  (H/T Muzikman)

Okay, so reading these motions, the first one anyway.  I read the first line and I am blond and stuff, and I am no legal expert, and granted, I probably should shut my piehole, and I just spent 6 hours in the stores Xmas shopping for my miscreant children who will take 2 seconds to unwrap and then maybe a week to break/lose what I spent probably a whole month's pay on, so I am tired, but.............................

Regarding Christine Balland, who is supposed to "testify as to the creation of a video superimposition involving a photograph of Caylee Anthony in life, a photograph of her skull (according to Cindy, her skull is still very much on her head and being used) and a photograph of the duct tape found with her skull.  She will testify that the photograph appear (yes bozo left off the s, putz) in 1 to 1 ratio in the superimposition based upon measurement and comparisons of dentition ........."  Okay , so herein lies my issue.  This is bozo's expert, and in my mind that above quote reads that yes, when you superimpose her photo over the skull, its a match............ and the duct tape lines up with where the state said it was.  Right?  Isn't that what 1 to 1 means, or scale, or a match?  What good is this witness? 

Maybe I am the putz.  I had to type it cause I could not cut and past for some reason.  I think I got it all there.

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #167 on: December 24, 2010, 05:43:15 AM »

12/22/2010 Response
to Court's Order Granting State's Motion for Clarification/to Compel Compliance with Order for Additional Discovery
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/67857172/20101222-State-Response-to-Court-Order-Granting-States-Motion-for-Clarification-Re-Discovery  (H/T Muzikman)

for Failure to Comply with Order Granting State's Motion for Clarification/to Compel Compliance with Order for Additional Discovery
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/67856913/20101222-State-Motion-for-Sanctions-For-Failure-to-Comply  (H/T Muzikman)

Okay, so reading these motions, the first one anyway.  I read the first line and I am blond and stuff, and I am no legal expert, and granted, I probably should shut my piehole, and I just spent 6 hours in the stores Xmas shopping for my miscreant children who will take 2 seconds to unwrap and then maybe a week to break/lose what I spent probably a whole month's pay on, so I am tired, but.............................

Regarding Christine Balland, who is supposed to "testify as to the creation of a video superimposition involving a photograph of Caylee Anthony in life, a photograph of her skull (according to Cindy, her skull is still very much on her head and being used) and a photograph of the duct tape found with her skull.  She will testify that the photograph appear (yes bozo left off the s, putz) in 1 to 1 ratio in the superimposition based upon measurement and comparisons of dentition ........."  Okay , so herein lies my issue.  This is bozo's expert, and in my mind that above quote reads that yes, when you superimpose her photo over the skull, its a match............ and the duct tape lines up with where the state said it was.  Right?  Isn't that what 1 to 1 means, or scale, or a match?  What good is this witness? 

Maybe I am the putz.  I had to type it cause I could not cut and past for some reason.  I think I got it all there.

See, I am the putz, it was the States list and her information was missing on the original documentation provided to the Duhfense.  No wonder why she was a good witness for the state.  Gonna go get some sleep now.  Hey, I own my putzness when I need to.   an angelic monkey

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #168 on: December 24, 2010, 05:55:48 AM »

Must they start every motion I have ever read with "COMES NOW."  Why not say, Regarding or something else?  Do they have like motion forms they use?  Such weirdness to me.

I love Ashton.  He has a loud voice, and when he is arguing his case, he is so polite, and almost innocent looking, stands there holding his hands together, but you know what he is saying, he gets my attention.  Plus, he is much nicer to look at than oh Bozo, jug-head, that other woman who has now left, and this new one.  The whole state's team is so professional and nice looking, prepared, etc. 

In comparison, we have a putz trying to do what he has no business doing and it shows.  What exactly is jug-head there for?  I have seen him do nothing lately, but get denied on a few motions a few months back.   He sits, dozes off, checks his tie, and is a slob.  He dresses a lot nicer than the Angel of DP did though.

What is the name of the Lady State Lawyer, who I also find to be very professional, and I enjoy watching her too. 

If I were the State, I would have a very hard time not rolling my eyes at Bozo or laughing all the time, but they hold themselves very professionally.  I can bet, when ICA is convicted, the state will be going out for a night on the town to let all the frustration of holding in all the stuff they have had to hold in for so long.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: December 24, 2010, 06:38:48 AM »

Zoomomology,I love the term "putzness."   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #170 on: December 24, 2010, 06:39:49 AM »

http://www.bloggernews.net/125768
Caylee Anthony Update: Roy Kronk - No Longer a Suspect
Posted on December 23rd, 2010
by Jan Barrett in All News, Society and Culture, crime
Read 148 times

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #171 on: December 24, 2010, 09:23:26 AM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/12/casey-anthony-jose-baez-blasts-roy-kronk-report-as-100-percent-false.html
Casey Anthony: Jose Baez blasts Roy Kronk report as ‘100 percent false’
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Jose Baez, WESH, WKMG — posted by halboedeker on December, 24 2010 7:24 AM

o what about reports that Casey Anthony’s attorneys have dropped plans to suggest that Roy Kronk is a suspect in Caylee Anthony’s murder?

Not so, WKMG-Channel 6 reports. “Anthony’s attorney Jose Baez tells Local 6 that reports he is backing off the meter reader are ‘100 percent false,’ ” anchor Jessica Sanchez said this morning.

Kronk was the meter reader who found the toddler’s remains two years ago. Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter. Her trial begins in May.

WKMG noted that the defense was required to call for a court hearing on the Kronk matter by Thursday. “The hearing never occurred,” Sanchez said.

WFTV-Channel 9 speculated that the defense was dropping the Kronk-as-suspect strategy because of that deadline. “The defense had until today to ask Chief Judge Belvin Perry to bring those accusations against Kronk into the trial so a jury could hear them. It did not happen,” WFTV’s Kathi Belich reported last night.

WFTV evidently hadn’t talked to Baez, but based its story on the deadline. Or maybe Baez wouldn’t talk  to WFTV; he has shown disdain for the station’s reporting.

The friction between Baez and WFTV adds a fascinating wrinkle to the coverage.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: December 24, 2010, 09:36:21 AM »

Post from Hinky Meter http://www.thehinkymeter.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=956&start=1550
 Post from EliGrandma                              Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:18 pm
On the Local 6 news tonight there was a segment on KC and the Kronk motion. Baez told the reporter the Kronk issue is still very much alive and he doesn't know why people say it isn't. They are still pursueing that avenue. PErsonally, I believe it's just more BS hype from the moron.

~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #173 on: December 24, 2010, 11:52:49 AM »

Must they start every motion I have ever read with "COMES NOW."  Why not say, Regarding or something else?  Do they have like motion forms they use?  Such weirdness to me.

I love Ashton.  He has a loud voice, and when he is arguing his case, he is so polite, and almost innocent looking, stands there holding his hands together, but you know what he is saying, he gets my attention.  Plus, he is much nicer to look at than oh Bozo, jug-head, that other woman who has now left, and this new one.  The whole state's team is so professional and nice looking, prepared, etc. 

In comparison, we have a putz trying to do what he has no business doing and it shows.  What exactly is jug-head there for?  I have seen him do nothing lately, but get denied on a few motions a few months back.   He sits, dozes off, checks his tie, and is a slob.  He dresses a lot nicer than the Angel of DP did though.

What is the name of the Lady State Lawyer, who I also find to be very professional, and I enjoy watching her too. 

If I were the State, I would have a very hard time not rolling my eyes at Bozo or laughing all the time, but they hold themselves very professionally.  I can bet, when ICA is convicted, the state will be going out for a night on the town to let all the frustration of holding in all the stuff they have had to hold in for so long.

Her name is Attorney Linda Drane Burdick. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
SweetMorgan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #174 on: December 24, 2010, 01:17:44 PM »

Merry Christmas precious Caylee!  This year you are with the “real deal”. May God continue to look over you in Heaven.

Merry Christmas to all my beloved Monkeys’ and to the Mods and to Mr. Red.  Also my respect and Holiday Blessings to those who have different beliefs.  I feel blessed to belong to a group of people that care so much for those who have met these horrible fates.  Dear God, Please, watch over all.  Thank you, SweetMorgan   

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #175 on: December 24, 2010, 05:23:45 PM »

comes now thou clown lol

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #176 on: December 24, 2010, 05:24:58 PM »

comes now thou clown lol

you mean linda burdick

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #177 on: December 24, 2010, 05:29:00 PM »

12/22/2010 Response

See, I am the putz, it was the States list and her information was missing on the original documentation provided to the Duhfense.  No wonder why she was a good witness for the state.  Gonna go get some sleep now.  Hey, I own my putzness when I need to.   an angelic monkey

lol Zoo
you make me laugh so hard !! reminds me of when my 4 kids were little!!! you are so funny and yeah you spend all that money and its destroyed in a matter of hrs or more. I had a big chuckle.

Loca
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #178 on: December 24, 2010, 10:02:57 PM »

Post from Hinky Meter http://www.thehinkymeter.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=956&start=1550
 Post from EliGrandma                              Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:18 pm
On the Local 6 news tonight there was a segment on KC and the Kronk motion. Baez told the reporter the Kronk issue is still very much alive and he doesn't know why people say it isn't. They are still pursueing that avenue. PErsonally, I believe it's just more BS hype from the moron.

Oy vey.
What a tangled web.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #179 on: December 24, 2010, 10:05:40 PM »

I'd like to roast Bozo's chestnuts on an open fire.

Merry Christmas to all.
Happy Hannukah.
Happy New Year.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.