May 17, 2024, 05:55:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #176 12/20/10 - 1/4/11  (Read 146420 times)
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #220 on: December 28, 2010, 03:20:49 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/26299404/detail.html
Casey Defense To Depose Its Own Bug Expert
Entomologist Disagrees With Coffin Finding In Anthony's Trunk
POSTED: 11:06 am EST December 28, 2010
UPDATED: 11:16 am EST December 28, 2010

Dr. Tim Huntington
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The defense's bug expert in the case against Casey Anthony will be deposed on Tuesday,.

Entomologist Tim Huntington is expected to rebut some claims made by the state's bug expert, Neal Haskell.
WESH 2 News interviewed Haskell in Indiana in November. (http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/25828004/detail.html ) Haskell teaches a formula that uses temperature and environment to predict a window of time when someone died.

In 2008, Haskell identified microscopic flies, or coffin flies, he said were feeding on decompositional fluids in the trunk of Anthony's car.

Haskell's report is key to the prosecution's claim that Anthony drove around with her dead daughter's body in the trunk.

Haskell said he trained Huntington.

The defense hopes Huntington's testimony may create a different timeline for Caylee Anthony's death.
Anthony defense attorney Cheney Mason said in November that defense experts claim there were no coffin flies in the trunk at all.

Anthony's murder trial is expected to begin in May.

Lawyers in the case will head back to court on Jan. 3 for another hearing. WESH.com will provide live coverage.

Video at link

Dumb defense move, an "expert" witness trained by the very entomologist that trained him is who they chose to rebut State evidence    This man is going to be viewed as Haskell's student, someone hired by the defense for a fee to give an opposing view, quite possibly with an axe to grind or need to one up someone he otherwise should be grateful to that assisted them to get where they are presently.    Yet another example that there will be too many egos in the room.

IMHO, Mason is playing on words with his claims as to where coffin flies were or were not found & the jury will not be confused with this tomfoolery.   I anticipate that this along with every other defense attempt will blow up in their faces & demonstrate them to be the pompous fools they are.

I see this a bit differently, and I do not think it will work, but I feel strongly that this case and the jury verdict will be deliberated as the "battle of forensics".

Conversely, as I have met him, Dr, Haskell is, as previously described by Baez, the "A-rod" of entymologists.

A trainee of his, imo, would carry a great deal of weight, if the jury responded favorably to Dr. Haskell, which I firmly believe they will.

What is bizarre to me, is that according to the defense, they maintain Dr. Huntington and Dr. Haskell agree on the insect types and that they believe Caylee's **graphic warning** decompositional event occurred somewhere other than the bog her Mother tossed her in.

To date, the soil samples from under/near the playhouse, where the Cadaver k9's both hit, test results have not been publicly released.
B
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #221 on: December 28, 2010, 03:50:52 PM »

Dr. Tim Huntington
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The defense's bug expert in the case against Casey Anthony will be deposed on Tuesday,.

Entomologist Tim Huntington is expected to rebut some claims made by the state's bug expert, Neal Haskell.
WESH 2 News interviewed Haskell in Indiana in November. (http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/25828004/detail.html ) Haskell teaches a formula that uses temperature and environment to predict a window of time when someone died.

In 2008, Haskell identified microscopic flies, or coffin flies, he said were feeding on decompositional fluids in the trunk of Anthony's car.

Haskell's report is key to the prosecution's claim that Anthony drove around with her dead daughter's body in the trunk.

The defense hopes Huntington's testimony may create a different timeline for Caylee Anthony's death.
Anthony defense attorney Cheney Mason said in November that defense experts claim there were no coffin flies in the trunk at all.

Lawyers in the case will head back to court on Jan. 3 for another hearing. WESH.com will provide live coverage.

Video at link

Dumb defense move, an "expert" witness trained by the very entomologist that trained him is who they chose to rebut State evidence    This man is going to be viewed as Haskell's student, someone hired by the defense for a fee to give an opposing view, quite possibly with an axe to grind or need to one up someone he otherwise should be grateful to that assisted them to get where they are presently.    Yet another example that there will be too many egos in the room.

IMHO, Mason is playing on words with his claims as to where coffin flies were or were not found & the jury will not be confused with this tomfoolery.   I anticipate that this along with every other defense attempt will blow up in their faces & demonstrate them to be the pompous fools they are.

I see this a bit differently, and I do not think it will work, but I feel strongly that this case and the jury verdict will be deliberated as the "battle of forensics".

Conversely, as I have met him, Dr, Haskell is, as previously described by Baez, the "A-rod" of entymologists.

A trainee of his, imo, would carry a great deal of weight, if the jury responded favorably to Dr. Haskell, which I firmly believe they will.

What is bizarre to me, is that according to the defense, they maintain Dr. Huntington and Dr. Haskell agree on the insect types and that they believe Caylee's **graphic warning** decompositional event occurred somewhere other than the bog her Mother tossed her in.

To date, the soil samples from under/near the playhouse, where the Cadaver k9's both hit, test results have not been publicly released.
B

But not up and over Dr Haskell, and certainly an even higher hurdle to BS around since Dr Haskell is referred to as the "A-rod" of entymolighsts by anyone, that's the point.   I agree, it is bizarre they agree on the insect types & belief were the above mentioned occurred, its not exactly a great starting point for the defense.    This trial will largely come down to two major things of which one you mentioned 1)  battle of forensics  2)  Casey's lies & conduct prior to her arrest.

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #222 on: December 28, 2010, 05:12:29 PM »

What a great title!  lol

Hope Santy was good to all Monkeys!!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #223 on: December 28, 2010, 05:27:55 PM »

o/t..Sister..glad that your brother is recovering nicely!

thanks for all the links everyone!

Cookie, I think you are referring to loca's brother, who I understand is recovering nicely.
Thanks for thinking of our brothers

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #224 on: December 28, 2010, 05:33:47 PM »

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6236234
12/28/2010           Justice Administrative Commission's Response
Notice of Filing
12/28/2010           Motion
to Preclude Phantom " Heart Sticker" Evidence
12/28/2010           Memorandum of Law
in Support of Motion to Preclude Phantom "Heart Sticker" Evidence

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #225 on: December 28, 2010, 05:34:59 PM »

Cookie, I think you are referring to loca's brother, who I understand is recovering nicely.

Yes and I am happy to report my brother went home yesterday from the hospital.    I blessing and on my birthday. god is god.

Loca
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #226 on: December 28, 2010, 05:36:41 PM »

Dr. Tim Huntington

Video at link

B

Interesting ...  I recall Cindy hastily [ and unnecessarily ] offering up too much information to Greta in regards to why the dogs hit near that playhouse--something about it being because of her soiled diapers, or such as that ... it wasn't believeable, imo.
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #227 on: December 28, 2010, 05:36:58 PM »

Yes and I am happy to report my brother went home yesterday from the hospital.    I blessing and on my birthday. god is god.

phantom heart sticker?  that is baez's infamous way  of sayin things no coooth no intelligence he just says the first things that come out of his mouth.

Loca
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #228 on: December 28, 2010, 05:38:20 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/26302674/detail.html
Casey Investigator Wasting Taxpayer Money, Motion Suggests
Defense Investigator Out Hours, Despite Recent Allocation

POSTED: 4:16 pm EST December 28, 2010
UPDATED: 5:25 pm EST December 28, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- An investigator for Casey Anthony's defense team may be wasting time and taxpayer money, a new court filing suggests.
In a new 80-page filing, the Justice Administrative Commission said the investigator is already over his budgeted hours even after being allocated another 100 by Judge Belvin Perry just two weeks ago.

The JAC doles out taxpayer money to indigent clients, like Anthony, who was declared indigent in March.

Records show Florida taxpayers have already spent more than $18,000 funding an investigator for Anthony's defense.

JAC said in the new filing that investigator Jeremy Lyons has billed for 471 hours of work. He has only been budgeted 470 so far.

The JAC said the investigator is spending time on tasks that could be performed by a paralegal or secretary.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #229 on: December 28, 2010, 05:39:39 PM »

Thank you to all for the links & info.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #230 on: December 28, 2010, 05:40:37 PM »

Video Report from article .
http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/26302674/detail.html

~ Peter Frampton
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #231 on: December 28, 2010, 05:48:31 PM »

Dr. Tim Huntington

Video at link

B

Interesting ...  I recall Cindy hastily [ and unnecessarily ] offering up too much information to Greta in regards to why the dogs hit near that playhouse--something about it being because of her soiled diapers, or such as that ... it wasn't believeable, imo.

She knows exactly where and why those dogs hit where they did.
B
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #232 on: December 28, 2010, 05:53:31 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/12/casey-anthony-wesh-analyzes-battle-of-bug-experts.html
Casey Anthony: WESH analyzes ‘battle of bug experts’
Caylee and Casey Anthony, WESH — posted by halboedeker on December, 28 2010 5:34 PM

The state deposed a bug expert on Casey Anthony’s team today, and WESH-Channel 2 foresaw “the battle of bug experts.”

The reason: The defense entomologist, Dr. Tim Huntington, was trained by the state’s expert, Dr. Neal Haskell.

What could that connection mean? “This could make Huntington’s job more treacherous in Anthony’s murder trial,” WESH’s Bob Kealing speculated.

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee. As WESH has reported, Haskell has formulated that Caylee’s remains were dumped near the Anthony family home in June or July 2008.

Kealing explained that Huntington will be there to support the defense view that the toddler’s remains were dropped there later — after Casey Anthony was jailed.

Orlando attorney Richard Hornsby, who offers analysis for WESH, sized up the entomologist battle this way: “Why should you believe the trainee over the trainer?” Hornsby saw this challenge: If Huntington discredits Haskell, Huntington will discredit himself.

~ Peter Frampton
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #233 on: December 28, 2010, 06:51:01 PM »

Dr. Tim Huntington

Video at link

B

B

Of course Cindy knows.........the same reason she had George pour 20+ bags of concrete in their backyard in 90+ degree weather.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #234 on: December 28, 2010, 07:28:43 PM »

Happy Birthday, and that is wonderful about your brother, Loca.

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #235 on: December 28, 2010, 07:30:21 PM »

Dr. Tim Huntington

Video at link

B

B
Absolutely! (Sorry for the "Anthony-ism.)

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #236 on: December 28, 2010, 07:31:17 PM »

Dr. Tim Huntington

Video at link

B

B

Of course Cindy knows.........the same reason she had George pour 20+ bags of concrete in their backyard in 90+ degree weather.
That's exactly what I was thinking, Seeme.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #237 on: December 28, 2010, 07:48:28 PM »

Dr. Tim Huntington

Video at link

B

B

Totally agree, something happened the eve of the 15th into the 16th of June 08' & Cindy literally saw or had enough knowledge to know something horrible did or would happen to Caylee...7/3 myspace entry, frantic phone calls to Casey's friends & demands to find where Casey was prior to 7/15 positively demonstrate that.   From the very first evening that Cindy put that scowling bulldog face of hers in our living rooms with a "tude" to match it became very obvious she was defensive, hiding the truth & attempting to save her monster, NOT looking for a missing child.   I am of the belief that at some point Caylee was in that backyard after her murder, more likely to wrap her up for what Casey ended up doing with or without one of her family members assistance.  I never want to hear Casey speak ever again in this lifetime with one exception, if she finally tells the truth if any of her family helped her after the fact.  As this year approaches that we finally bring justice in Caylee's name, I can only hope that her fudged up evil family meet in H E double hockey sticks along with Casey in the most painful & slow manner possible.   I have never nor ever will be amongst those that feel any empathy for the Anthonys, their maladjustment & dysfunction got the ball rolling, their own lies & dirty deeds to save Casey is unforgivable...they forsake their own blood to save a monster, no mercy here for any of them.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #238 on: December 28, 2010, 08:20:18 PM »

Casey Anthony wants heart sticker evidence excluded from trial
Casey Anthony's defense team filed a motion Tuesday seeking to exclude references to the sticker or heart-shaped residue from her first-degree murder trial.

Casey Anthony's defense team doesn't want any mention of a heart sticker or heart-shaped residue — which was seen on duct tape that was uncovered with her dead toddler's remains — during the mother's first-degree murder trial.

In a motion filed late Tuesday, defense attorneys asked a judge to exclude the "phantom" evidence, claiming it violates Anthony's constitutional rights, including due process.

Anthony, 24, is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie in the summer of 2008. Caylee's remains were found in December 2008 in woods just blocks away from her family's east Orange County home.

The toddler's death was ruled a homicide, but the medical examiner couldn't determine how she was killed.

Orange County Sheriff's Office investigative documents earlier released said a piece of silver duct tape was placed over Caylee's mouth area.

Detective Yuri Melich wrote that when the tape was processed at a FBI lab, a technician noticed residue in the shape of a heart. It appeared to be consistent with a heart-shaped sticker, Melich wrote. He also noted investigators found a heart-shaped sticker similar in size to the residue in the search area.

"It appears that the sticker was put on the duct tape intentionally, Melich wrote.

But other investigative reports publicly released said the residue couldn't be detected after the FBI processed the evidence for fingerprints. No one took a picture of the residue before it was destroyed.

In his motion, defense attorney Jose Baez said the fingerprint examiner, Elizabeth Fontaine, only saw what she perceived as residue when she performed a procedure called "super glue fuming."

Fontaine said she wasn't certain exactly what she saw and did not authorize law-enforcement to "allege otherwise, the story of the 'heart sticker.'"

Baez stated that when the examiner was questioned under oath, she could not "conclude with any degree of scientific certainty what the image was that she saw, or whether she actually even saw anything to begin with."

"In her deposition, Miss Fontaine explicitly stated she could draw no conclusions about what she believed she saw, or even that she saw anything at all. Specifically, Miss Fontaine stated that she 'could not scientifically or never would jump to the conclusion that what [she] saw was a sticker.'"

The defense motion stated, "The alleged existence of this phantom image was only seen for a fleeting moment by two fingerprint examiners who did nothing to preserve it or even photograph it so it could be seen by others."

Baez stated there is no way to determine, what, if anything, the image was.

"Law enforcement has been instrumental in manufacturing a story where there clearly was none," Baez wrote.

"Despite their complete lack of basis in fact, these reckless and patently untrue statements have exploded in the media and quickly spiraled out of control. There is now a common public perception, contrary to fact, that actual residue of a sticker was found on the duct tape."

Baez's motion said defendants have the right to examine tangible evidence, and when evidence is destroyed, it can't be used against the defendant at trial and must be excluded.

The defense asked Chief Circuit Judge Belvin Perry that a hearing date be set to argue the matter.

Anthony remains at the Orange County Jail. Her trial is scheduled for May.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-heart-sticker-20101229,0,5749918.story
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #239 on: December 28, 2010, 11:13:44 PM »

Casey Anthony wants heart sticker evidence excluded from trial
Casey Anthony's defense team filed a motion Tuesday seeking to exclude references to the sticker or heart-shaped residue from her first-degree murder trial.

Casey Anthony's defense team doesn't want any mention of a heart sticker or heart-shaped residue — which was seen on duct tape that was uncovered with her dead toddler's remains — during the mother's first-degree murder trial.

In a motion filed late Tuesday, defense attorneys asked a judge to exclude the "phantom" evidence, claiming it violates Anthony's constitutional rights, including due process.

Anthony, 24, is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie in the summer of 2008. Caylee's remains were found in December 2008 in woods just blocks away from her family's east Orange County home.

The toddler's death was ruled a homicide, but the medical examiner couldn't determine how she was killed.

Orange County Sheriff's Office investigative documents earlier released said a piece of silver duct tape was placed over Caylee's mouth area.

Detective Yuri Melich wrote that when the tape was processed at a FBI lab, a technician noticed residue in the shape of a heart. It appeared to be consistent with a heart-shaped sticker, Melich wrote. He also noted investigators found a heart-shaped sticker similar in size to the residue in the search area.

"It appears that the sticker was put on the duct tape intentionally, Melich wrote.

But other investigative reports publicly released said the residue couldn't be detected after the FBI processed the evidence for fingerprints. No one took a picture of the residue before it was destroyed.

In his motion, defense attorney Jose Baez said the fingerprint examiner, Elizabeth Fontaine, only saw what she perceived as residue when she performed a procedure called "super glue fuming."

Fontaine said she wasn't certain exactly what she saw and did not authorize law-enforcement to "allege otherwise, the story of the 'heart sticker.'"

Baez stated that when the examiner was questioned under oath, she could not "conclude with any degree of scientific certainty what the image was that she saw, or whether she actually even saw anything to begin with."

"In her deposition, Miss Fontaine explicitly stated she could draw no conclusions about what she believed she saw, or even that she saw anything at all. Specifically, Miss Fontaine stated that she 'could not scientifically or never would jump to the conclusion that what [she] saw was a sticker.'"

The defense motion stated, "The alleged existence of this phantom image was only seen for a fleeting moment by two fingerprint examiners who did nothing to preserve it or even photograph it so it could be seen by others."

Baez stated there is no way to determine, what, if anything, the image was.

"Law enforcement has been instrumental in manufacturing a story where there clearly was none," Baez wrote.

"Despite their complete lack of basis in fact, these reckless and patently untrue statements have exploded in the media and quickly spiraled out of control. There is now a common public perception, contrary to fact, that actual residue of a sticker was found on the duct tape."

Baez's motion said defendants have the right to examine tangible evidence, and when evidence is destroyed, it can't be used against the defendant at trial and must be excluded.

The defense asked Chief Circuit Judge Belvin Perry that a hearing date be set to argue the matter.

Anthony remains at the Orange County Jail. Her trial is scheduled for May.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-heart-sticker-20101229,0,5749918.story

Unbelievable... Baez and Co have been the biggest story manufacturers, still are and they have the nerve.....just unbelievable!

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.