May 14, 2024, 11:53:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #698 11/30/2007  (Read 235395 times)
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #520 on: December 01, 2007, 03:39:26 AM »

I'm encouraged after reading all these down to earth posts tonight.  We are learning some truths now as Sb said, and I liked the honesty of Mos in that presser today.

One thing I have been wondering about is that earthquake yesterday.  Even though it was too deep to create a tsunami, it still had to move a lot of rocks or coral around on the bottom of the ocean floor.  Just wondering that if she is out in the ocean, maybe it jostled that cage loose.  Sitting there for 2.5 years it might be somewhat 'cemented' in place by now and we all hope they have an idea where she could be, and want it to stay close-by.

Night everyone ;}
BUCKSHOT
Monkey Junky

« Reply #521 on: December 01, 2007, 06:32:36 AM »

ANYONE...IT IS HARD TO FATHOM THAT MOVING A BODY (CORPSE) + DESTRUCTION (MISLEADING) OF AN INVESTIGATION IS SUCH A MINOR AND INSIGNIFICANT CRIME IN ARUBA. 

WHAT WOULD THE IDENTICAL SCENARIO BE PUNISHED WITH IN THE US / ENGLAND / CANADA? I REALIZE THAT US AND ARUBA ARE DIFFERENT COUNTRIES, GOVERNED BY A DIFFERENT SET OF LAWS, BUT THE TIME DOES NOT SEEM TO FIT THE CRIME FOR DISPOSAL OF A BODY (CORPSE). IN MOST COUNTRIES A HUMAN LIFE IS GIVEN MORE RESPECT.

THIS MAY MEAN NOTHING IN THE SCOPE OF THINGS.... BUT, I THINK THE WORLD (FOR THOSE WATCHING) IS GETTING FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE OF HOW UNIQUE ARUBA'S JUDICIAL SYSTEM IS. UNIQUE IS USED HERE FOR LACK OF A BETTER WORD.

I AM NOT SURE THAT THE KALPOES WERE ONLY INVOLVED IN BODY DISPOSAL AND MISLEADING THE INVESTIGATION.  HOWEVER, IF THAT IS ALL THEY WERE INVOLVED IN, THEN PUNISH THEM IN ACCORDANCE WITH ARUBAN LAW.  I AM JUST CURIOUS AS TO WHAT VARIOUS OTHER CIVILIZED COUNTRIES USE AS PUNISHMENT FOR DISPOSAL OF A BODY.  THREE YEARS DOES NOT SEEM TO FIT THE BILL HERE AND WOULD NOT SERVE AS A DETERRENT FOR COMMITTING THE CRIME. IT ALMOST SEEMS TO PARALLEL A CHARGE OF BURGLARY.

THE TIMELINE HAS THEM LEAVING C&C AT 1:40AM (ISH) AND BY 2:30AM(ISH) THERE IS A POW-WOW IN A SILVER CAR AT THE RAQUET CLUB.  PANICK MODE WAS IN FULL FORCE ALREADY BY THIS TIME, IF THE SIGHTING INFORMATION IS INDEED TRUE.  I COULD BE WRONG, BUT CERTAINLY PLAUSIBLE.  EITHER KALPOES WERE AT HOME, OR THE THREE WERE STILL TOGETHER AND ALL THREE WITNESSED THE SAME CHAIN OF EVENTS. 

THESE THREE BOYS, MORE THAN LIKELY, DID NOT GO OUT THAT EVENING WITH THE INTENTION OF COMMITTING MURDER.  I REALIZE THAT INTENDING TO USE A CHEMICAL SUBSTANCE TO ENABLE THE DATE-RAPING OF AN UNSUSPECTING TOURIST IS WRONG, SADISTIC, CRIMINAL, ETC., BUT INTENDING TO MURDER IS A STRETCH.  I THINK THEIR MAIN OBJECTIVE WAS SEXUALLY ASSAULT WITH A TILTED PLAYING FIELD.

A DATE RAPE SETUP GONE WRONG IS MOST LIKELY.  OPEN FOR DEBATE IS WHETHER OR NOT NH DIED FROM THE DRUGS ALONE, WAS MURDERED BY MANSLAUGHTER (VIOLENCE), OR ALLOWED TO DIE THROUGH NEGLECT (NOT GETTING HER MEDICAL ATTENTION). 

REGARDLESS OF ONE’S OPINION SURROUNDING HER DEATH, THE EVENTS THAT UNFOLDED SUNSEQUENTLY WERE JUST PLAIN WRONG.  DISTANCING THEMSELVES FROM THE ENTIRE NIGHT WAS OBVIOUSLY THE CHOSEN ROUTE FOR THOSE INVOLVED, WHOEVER THAT MAY BE, WAS DEFINITELY THE CHOSEN ROUTE.  THE PERPETRATORS CHOSE TO CREATE A SCENARIO WHERE A TOURIST, NH, VANISHED INTO THIN AIR. WITHOUT MAGICAL POWERS, MAKING A HUMAN DISAPPEAR IS IMPOSSIBLE.

THE GREY AREA HAS BEEN THE SURROUNDING EVENTS AND PARTICIPANTS FOR THE EVENTS THAT TOOK PLACE SUBSEQUENT TO HER DEATH.  MONKEYS HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB PIECING TOGETHER POSSIBLE SCENARIOS, FOR SURE.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #522 on: December 01, 2007, 06:43:24 AM »

I was totally without computer access on Friday, 11/30/2007. The following is from that day's Diario.

http://www.diario-aruba.com/2007/11/30/

Michael Saladin's case apparently postponed. This is what I recall about this odd case: Saladin is an American ex-pat, I think he used to work for NASA. A choller had asked Mrs. Saladin about washing her car; she declined. The choller allegedly threatened to damaged the car and slashed two tires. Mr. Saladin gave chase with a gun. The chase led to a public place, a gym I think. The gun brandishing apparently is the leading issue here. Meanwhile, nothing has been done about the choller who slashed the tires. I don't recall the date when this happened (although it is in the M&C thread, but it was months ago and Saladin apparently has been in jail since. (Although he was hospitalized shortly thereafter; he is not young, maybe 50s, and apparently had BP or similar health problem after the incident.

CASO CONTRA MICHAEL SALADIN A WORDO POSPONI

ORANJESTAD(AAN): Diahuebs Michael Saladin a presenta na corte y el a conta DIARIO cu el a bay pa entrega un bezwaarschrift, riba e 4 puntonan di cual e ta wordo acusa.El a bisa cu “hogerberoep” a atende caba 3 di e puntonan ora cu el a apela decision di hibe KIA.

Awor falta solamente e kitamento di libertad di e choller, di cual Saladin ta wordo acusa.DIARIO a puntra Saladin con ta para cu e choller.El a splica cu e choller a admiti cu el a hasi daño na su auto, pero ainda e no a tende nada ainda.

Segun Michael e choller a pidi pa e laba e auto, despues di cual el a pidi pa e cuida e auto y ora cu casa di Saladin a nenge, el a bisa cu e lo hasi daño na e auto.Segun Saladin, su casa no a kere e choller, pero ora el a bin bek di hasi compras, el a ripara cu e choller a destrui e tire-nan.

Abogado Ruiz, kende ta abogado di Saladin a splica cu no ta asina cu diferente  acusacion a wordo bari for di mesa, pero huez den corte superior a bisa anteriormente cu mirando con e caso a bay, e no ta imagina su mes cu Saladin lo haya un castigo incondicional.

Tabata tin algun acusacion hasi tambe contra Saladin, cu tabata hopi cla pa huez.Pa mesun motibo ey, huez a dicidi biaha pasa, cu Saladin por sali liber.Diahuebs ora nan a presenta dilanti di huez, e caso a wordo posponi, en espera pa corte superior trata e bezwaarschrift.

DIARIO a puntra e abogado kico ta e sentencia cu e ta spera di haya.Ruiz a bisa cu e ta spera cu su cliente wordo declara liber di tur acusacion, pasobra e caso aki a wordo exagera.

No mester lubida e motibo dicon loke a sosode, a sosode.Tin un choller den wega, cu a kibra dos tire di Saladin y cu te ainda no a paga pa esaki.

Online Pap translation:

caso contra michael saladin owing to wordo posponi

oranjestad(aan): diahuebs michael saladin owing to present at corte y past owing to count ; daily paper cu past owing to bay for entrega one bezwaarschrift, on the 4 puntonan of cual the is wordo acusa.el owing to tell cu “hogerberoep” owing to atende end 3 of the puntonan hour cu past owing to apela decision of hibe kia.

now miss only the kitamento of freedom of the choller, of cual saladin is wordo acusa.diario owing to ask about saladin con is stop cu the choller.el owing to splica cu the choller owing to admiti cu past owing to make damage at his car, but still the not owing to hear nothing still.

according michael the choller owing to ask for her wash the car, after of cual past owing to ask for her cuida the car y hour cu casa of saladin owing to nenge, past owing to tell cu the will make damage at the car.segun saladin, his casa not owing to believe the choller, but hour past owing to come bek of make compras, past owing to ripara cu the choller owing to destrui the tire-nan.

advocate ruiz, that is advocate of saladin owing to splica cu do not so cu various acusacion owing to wordo sweep for of table, but huez in corte superior owing to tell anteriormente cu mirando con the caso owing to bay, the do not imagina his self cu saladin will achieve one castigo incondicional.

was have some acusacion make also contra saladin, cu was much cla for huez.pa same motibo ey, huez owing to dicidi trip happen, cu saladin can leave pound.diahuebs hour they owing to present fast of huez, the caso owing to wordo posponi, provided that espera for corte superior deal the bezwaarschrift.

daily paper owing to ask about the advocate kico is the sentencia cu the is wait for of achieve.ruiz owing to tell cu the is wait for cu his cliente wordo declara pound of all acusacion, because the caso here owing to wordo exagera.

not have to forget the motibo dicon thing owing to sosode, owing to sosode.tin one choller in game, cu owing to break two tire of saladin y cu till still not owing to pay for this.

Again, this is Friday's edition of Diario - before the release of 2K.

AWE HUEZ LO DICIDI SI DEEPAK Y SATISH POR
KEDA CU MESUN ABOGADO

ORANJESTAD(AAN): Diahuebs DIARIO a entrevista abogado David Kock, relaciona cu e caso di Natalee Holloway.Segun abogado Kock, Ministerio Publico siman pasa a ordena pa e sospechosonan Deepak y Satish Kalpoe haya diferente abogado di otro.

Diahuebs tabata tin tratamento di apelacion di esaki cu e abogado a pidi, pa su oficina sigui como abogado di ambos sospechoso.

Un huez di Corsow a bin Aruba pa trata e caso y abogado Kock a bisa cu e ta sumamente contento con tratamento di e peticion a bay.

Awe mes huez lo duna su decision riba esaki y e abogado lo haya e decision via fax.DIARIO a puntra e abogado si e team investigativo a papia cu su cliente durante e dianan cu a pasa.

Segun mr. Kock, nan a papia si, pero bo no mester ni dos man pa conta e cantidad di ora cu nan a papia cune.Asina mes cu nan a bisa cu tabata asina importante pa detene e sospechosonan.

Prensa a puntra tambe abogado Figaroa kende ta representa Deepak Kalpoe, con ta para cu su cliente.

Segun Figaroa, su estado di animo ta bin y e ta hopi sigur di su mes.DIARIO a puntra Figaroa con ta para cu interogacion di su cliente y el a bisa cu su cliente ta wordo interoga.

DIARIO a puntra e abogado tambe con e ta wak e pruebanan supuestamente nobo.El a bisa cu e tambe ta di opinion cu e pruebanan no ta nobo.

Nan ta wordo mira for di un angulo nobo, pero nan no ta nobo.DIARIO a puntra e abogado si el a pasa door di tur e documentonan caba.

Figaroa a bisa cu e dossier bieu tin mas di 2 mil pagina y e no a ni ricibi esakinan ainda.El a haya si e documentonan nobo.

Online Pap translation:

today huez will dicidi if deepak y satish can
stay cu same advocate

oranjestad(aan): diahuebs daily paper owing to interview advocate david kock, relaciona cu the caso of natalee holloway.segun advocate kock, ministerio publico week happen owing to ordena for her sospechosonan deepak y satish kalpoe achieve various advocate of another. {this seems to be about the matter of having the same attorney for both brothers.}

diahuebs was have tratamento of apelacion of this cu the advocate owing to ask, for his office follow because; advocate of both sospechoso.

one huez of corsow owing to come aruba for deal the caso y advocate kock owing to tell cu the is extremely contento con tratamento of the peticion owing to bay.

today self huez will give his decision on this y the advocate will achieve the decision via fax.diario owing to ask about the advocate if the team investigativo owing to talk cu his cliente during the dianan cu owing to happen.

according mr. kock, they owing to talk if, but do you not have to neither two hand for count ; the cantidad of hour cu they owing to talk cune.asina self cu they owing to tell cu was so important for detene the sospechosonan.

prensa owing to ask about also advocate figaroa that is representa deepak kalpoe, con is stop cu his cliente.

according figaroa, his estado of animo is come y the is much assure of his self.diario owing to ask about figaroa con is stop cu interogacion of his cliente y past owing to tell cu his cliente is wordo interoga.

daily paper owing to ask about the advocate also con the looking at the pruebanan supuestamente new.el owing to tell cu the also is of opinion cu the pruebanan do not new.

they're wordo see for of one angulo new, but they do not new.diario owing to ask about the advocate if past owing to happen door of all the documentonan end.

figaroa owing to tell cu the dossier old have more of 2 thousand pagina y the not owing to neither ricibi esakinan still.el owing to achieve if the documentonan new.

A letter to Jossy from Art Wood. I *think* this was published in both Papiamentu and English, although the full English version is not coming up on my computer.

Jossy, E ultimo noticia ta conmove mi curazon y ta recorda mi con duro a bo, Eduardo y mi persona a traha pa trece e caso aki den husticia.
Mi ta spera tur cos ta bon

Apreciado Jossy Mansur,

E re-aresto di Joran Van der Sloot y rumannan Kalpoe ta pone Aruba un biaha mas den spotlight mundial, locual ta pone mas atencion y emocion relaciona cu e desaparicion di Natalee Holloway. Mientras mi ta hala atras y cuidadosamente ta observa e ultimo eventonan tumando lugar, mi mester admiti cu mi ta un poco mas esceptico relaciona cu e intencion di Aruba pa resolve e caso aki.

Por fabor tuma nota cu mi a referi na “intencion” di Aruba\' y no su \"Abilidad\" pa resolve e caso di Natalee Holloway. E pueblo di Aruba merece pa haya sa e berdad den e tragedia aki y no worde mal-informa pa media of su Gobierno. Ta pesey mi ta skirbi esaki. Mi kier pa pueblo di Aruba cuestiona e sinceridad di algun autoridad envolvi y no worde ciega pa miedo di publicidad negativo.

Durante e curso di e investigacion aki, mi a bira amigo personal di bo y bo yiu Eduardo, como tambe Dave Holloway.Mi por declara sin duda ningun cu nos intencion y obhetivonan tabata sali for di nos curazon pa e deseo di encontra Natalee.

Den un bida henter trahando como oficial di polis mi ta haya cu e oficialnan di polis di Aruba cu mi por a conoce ta polisnan capaz, competente y profesional. Aunke, manera bo por corda, consistentemente y repetidamente mi a laga sa mi preocupacion relaciona cu e rol di Dennis Jacobs, un agente den departamento di narcotico, pa su asignacion den e caso como investigador principal, pa e Comisario Van der Straaten. Aruba tin detectivenan cu experiencia den casonan di homicidio y desaparicion di personanan. Di con nan no a haya e oportunidad pa resolve e caso aki. Van der Straaten mes a trece duda den e caso cu su amistad personal cu Paulus Van der Sloot.

Un duda cu nunca a termina cu su retiro, mientras Dave Holloway y mi persona a descubri cu e tabata reuni regularmente cu Jacobs y e Comisario Dompig lunanan durante e investigacion. Esey lo por ta apenas un coincidencia of nan por tin un amistad tambe, pero nos a haya esaki inusual. Mi criticanan di Jacobs a worde bon documenta y mi no ta bay ripiti esaki.

El a worde pasa den mannan di e Prome Minister y Procurador General di Aruba, hunto cu un peticion pa kita Jacobs y Dompig for di e caso. Famianan Holloway y Twitty tambe a tuma parti na e peticion aki.

Na October 2005 Dave Holloway y mi persona a reuni den secreto cu Fiscal Amolyn Flanegin. Nos a haci esaki cu conocimento y permiso di e Procurador General. E meta di e reunion aki tabata pa vocifera nos preocupacion relaciona cu e iregularidadnan cu Dennis Jacobs y Comisario Dompig a mustra durante e curso di e investigacion y nos peticion pa Landsrecherche investiga e dos agentenan aki.

Ami cu Dave a duna Comisario Dompig un pista persuasivo relaciona cu amigo di Joran, Koen Gottenbos y nos tabata sinti cu Gottenbos lo por ta un clave pa resolve e caso. Yiu adolescente di Comisario Dompig a bisa Dave Holloway cu Paulus Van der Sloot aparentemente a fia un boto rond di e lapso di tempo di desaparicion di Natalee. Ami y Dave a haya sa cu e boto tabata di tata di Koen Gottenbos y cu Koen tabata tin miedo di worde aresta. Asina hopi cu e anochi e tabata drumi hunto cu su mayornan riba cama.

Durante e curso di e reunion aki Fiscal Flanegin a bisa nos cu el a resigna for di e caso di Holloway pa motibo di respuesta negativo di (Jacobs y Dompig) pa sigui cu e pistanan relaciona cu Gottenbos. Specificamente cu Koen Gottenbos a suministra Joran cu un alibi ficticio pa e anochi di 31 di Mei, 2005. Flanegin a bisa \"sigui e mentiranan y lo bo descubri e berdad.\"

Dos aña a pasa y nos no tin motibo pa kere cu polis a investiga nos peticion pa bay tras di Koen Gottenbos. Nos a haya sa awo cu evidencianan nobo a sali afo di via yamadanan di telefon y e-mails. Mi por bisabo cu Koen Gottenbos a e-mail Joran tur dia!Mi ta spera y reza cu mi escepticismo ta innecesario y cu husticia lo prevalece.

Dios bendiciona pueblo di Aruba.

Arthur E. Wood

(Arthur E. Wood ta un ex agente special di Servicio Secreto, kende a protehe Presidentenan Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush y Clinton. El a worde honra como Oficial di Polis di aña, pa e Asociacion Internacional di Investigadornan di Credit Card na 1986 y ta un autor y ta conoci pa promove derechonan di victimanan.)

Online Pap translation:

jossy, the ultimo news is conmove my curazon y is recorda my con duro owing to do you,
eduardo y my person owing to work for trece the caso here in husticia.
i am wait for all cos is good

dear jossy mansur,

the re-aresto of joran van der sloot y rumannan kalpoe is place aruba once more in spotlight mundial, locual is place more atencion y emocion relaciona cu the desaparicion of natalee holloway. while i am wing behind y cuidadosamente is observa the ultimo eventonan tumando lugar, my have to admiti cu i am one some more esceptico relaciona cu the intencion of aruba for resolve the caso here.

can please take notice cu i have referi at “intencion” of aruba' y not his "abilidad" for resolve the caso of natalee holloway. the people of aruba merece for achieve know the berdad in the tragedy here y not worde mal-informa for media or his gobierno. is pesey i am write this. my wanted for people of aruba cuestiona the sinceridad of some autoridad envolvi y not worde ciega for fright of publicidad negative.

during the curso of the investigacion here, i have become amigo personal of you y do you child eduardo, because; also dave holloway.mi can declara without doubt none cu we intencion y obhetivonan was leave for of we curazon for her desire of encontra natalee.

in one life all trahando because; oficial of police i am achieve cu the oficialnan of police of aruba cu my can owing to conoce is polisnan capaz, competente y profesional. although, as could you corda, consistentemente y repetidamente i have let know my preocupacion relaciona cu the rol of dennis jacobs, one agent in departamento of narcotico, for his asignacion in the caso because; investigador principal, for her comisario van der straaten. aruba have detectivenan cu experiencia in casonan of homicidio y desaparicion of personanan. of con they not owing to achieve the oportunidad for resolve the caso here. van der straaten self owing to trece doubt in the caso cu his amistad personal cu paulus van der sloot.

one doubt cu never owing to termina cu his retiro, while dave holloway y my person owing to descubri cu the was reuni regularly cu jacobs y the comisario dompig lunanan during the investigacion. esey will can is barely one coincidencia or they can have one amistad also, but we owing to achieve this inusual. my criticanan of jacobs owing to worde good documenta y my do not bay ripiti this.

past owing to worde happen in hands of the first minister y procurador general of aruba, together cu one peticion for less jacobs y dompig for of the caso. famianan holloway y twitty also did take part at the peticion here.

at october 2005 dave holloway y my person owing to reuni in secreto cu fiscal amolyn flanegin. we owing to haci this cu conocimento y permission of the procurador general. the aim of the meeting here was for vocifera we preocupacion relaciona cu the iregularidadnan cu dennis jacobs y comisario dompig owing to show during the curso of the investigacion y we peticion for landsrecherche investiga the two agentenan here.

i cu dave owing to give comisario dompig one pista persuasivo relaciona cu amigo of joran, koen gottenbos y we was feel cu gottenbos will can is one clave for resolve the caso. child adolescente of comisario dompig owing to tell dave holloway cu paulus van der sloot apparently owing to lend one boat rond of the lapso of time of desaparicion of natalee. i y dave owing to achieve know cu the boat was of father of koen gottenbos y cu koen was have fright of worde aresta. so much cu the night the was sleep together cu his parents on cama.

during the curso of the meeting here fiscal flanegin owing to tell we cu past owing to resigna for of the caso of holloway for motibo of respuesta negative of (jacobs y dompig) for follow cu the pistanan relaciona cu gottenbos. specificamente cu koen gottenbos owing to suministra joran cu one alibi ficticio for her night of 31 of half, 2005. flanegin owing to tell "sigui the mentiranan y will do you descubri the berdad."

two year owing to happen y we not have motibo for believe cu police owing to investiga we peticion for bay behind koen gottenbos. we owing to achieve know awo cu evidencianan new owing to leave afo of via yamadanan of telephone y e-mails. my can bisabo cu koen gottenbos owing to e-mail joran all day!mi is wait for y reza cu my escepticismo is innecesario y cu husticia will prevalece.

god bendiciona people of aruba.

arthur e. wood

(arthur e. wood is one ex agent special of servicio secreto, that owing to protehe presidentenan ford, carter, reagan, bush y clinton. past owing to worde honor because; oficial of police of year, for her asociacion internacional of investigadornan of credit card at 1986 y is one author y is conoci for promove derechonan of victimanan.)

Here is the portion I can access that was published online in English - just the first couple of paragraphs.

Dear Jossy Mansur,
The re-arrest of Joran Van der Sloot and the Kalpoe brothers puts Aruba right back into the world spotlight with a flood of attention and emotion regarding the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. As I stand back and cautiously watch the latest events unfold I have to admit that I am more than a little skeptical concerning Aruba's intention to solve this case.

Please take notice that I reference Aruba's "intention" and not It's "Ability" to solve the Natalee Holloway case. The fine people of Aruba deserve to know the truth in this tragedy and not to be mislead by the News media or the Government. That is why I am writing. I want the people of Aruba to question the sincerity of some of the officials involved and not be blinded by fears of negative publicity.

Jossy is addressing JoeT here ... the English version. The Pap version is also published (final item in my post - I try to keep these things in the same order as they are published).

POLICE REPORT

POLICE REPORT

We, Juan Enrique Boezem, Dennis Dominico Jacobs, Luigi Angelo Giovanni Croes and Ghrizanti Anuar Tromp, respectively head officers, police officer first class and police officer of Aruba, respectively members of Detective district nr {Noord?} 2 and Robbery Project Team, declare the following:

On June 13, 2005 about 19:50, the suspect Joran A.P. van der Sloot declared that he possibly knows where the other suspect Deepak Sharma Kalpoe, buried the missing girl Natalee Ann Holloway’s body under the sand, and that he was willing to show justice the location.

Because of this statement, we the police officers on the 13th of May 2005, around 20:00, together with the suspect J.A.P van der Sloot went together, so he could show us the place. {This is supposed to say "13th of June 2005".}

Following directions of J.A.P van der Sloot, we went to a seccion of the beach on the North side of Marriott Hotel.

Right at the first fisherman’s hut, on the North side of Marriott Hotel, the suspect stated that on the 30th of May 2005, around 2:00 am, he lay down with Natalee Holloway on the beach.

While we the officers were occupied with the suspect’s directions, J.A.P van der Sloot stated that when Natalee Holloway fell asleep on the beach, he left her behind, right in front of the first fisherman’s hut, on the North side of Marriott Hotel.

The suspect Joran van der Sloot walked with us a little further and he stated that he has the suspicion that suspect Deepak Kalpoe buried the girl close to that area.

According to suspect J.A.P van der Sloot, the suspect Deepak Kalpoe came back to the girl, after he had left her behind asleep.

On our question to J.A.P van der Sloot of what he thought had happened between Natalee Holloway and Deepak Kalpoe, he stated that he thinks that suspect Deepak Kalpoe raped and killed the girl. This polis report is made by us as police officers under oath, and signed on June 13th 2005.The polis officers

J.E Boezem                   D.D Jacobs
L.A.G Croes                  G.A Tromp

Still talking to JoeT ... in English, online. I think someone already has posted this. I want to EMPHASIZE that Jossy is putting some of this edition in English (online, anyway) - wants to be sure JoeT can read it!

Tacopina: a badly informed lawyer 

By: Jossy M. Mansur

Once again this man, who thinks himself a star lawyer, has given various televised interviews in which he unfortunately proves that he has no control over his emotions, and uttered one nonsense after the other, with a visible anger he could not camouflage! What is he looking for really? Popularity? This certainly is not the way to achieve his goal!

I have an immense regard for Greta, but I can't understand why she gives this man the last word and doesn’t let us confront him. Neither does she with the facts of the case, which Greta is fully aware of, I’m sure. Maybe in the US, there might be some people that are afraid of his tongue and temper, but with me, he is climbing the wrong tree!

How does a lawyer who pretends to have any class, say that what I’ve quoted from Joran’s deposition isn’t true? I again publish this document in the original Dutch, with a translation in English. This should put duct tape on Tacopina’s mouth.

In the referred document, Joran said to four Aruban police officers that he thinks he might know where Natalee’s body is buried, and that he thinks that Deepak went back to the beach where the girl was lying on the sand, raped and killed Natalee, and afterward buried her close to the first fishermen’s hut! And he also wants to ignore a taped conversation in a police car, where the three suspects (Joran, Deepak and Satish were sitting in the backseat), trying to make his client, Joran, come out “innocent” in his confrontation with Deepak.

Does this lawyer know how to read? Or is he simply dumb? Deepak said directly to Joran (and the police have this tape!): “If they find the girl, you are looking at 15 years in prison! What did he mean by that? That Joran is “innocent” or “guilty” of something that will send him behind bars for so many years? Can this big-mouthed lawyer understand this? Or does he only want to impose his street style here too? Attacking my evidence based on real facts won’t help his client, and if he doesn’t stop painting Joran like an angel, I’ll find myself forced to publish everything we have found out about him since he was 8 years old! He is certainly no “angel”, believe me!

Let Tacopina understand once and for all that I have 33 years of journalism in Aruba behind me, and that if the American media ask for my comments, it is because they are aware that I know more than Tacopina thinks! Could he possibly be trying to break my credibility with the American People, by his clownish acts on TV? I’ve always spoken the truth to them! I have nothing to hide from anyone. My relationship with David Kock and Ronny Wix, the defense lawyers for the Kalpoe brothers is excellent! They have the professional ethics that Tacopina lacks and a good sense in the practice of law, of that I’m sure!

In my opinion, Paulus committed a critical error when he hired Tacopina to defend Joran, because he doesn’t know our environment, he is not up-to-date directly on what happened to Natalee, and all his “knowledge” seems to come from what he has read about the case. I’m sure he doesn’t have half of the documents that DIARIO has. Furthermore, we have additional documents that no other media can even dream of having, and that’s because we are serious journalists that respect authorities and cooperate with them when asked to do so.

I’ve said on Greta’s show that the three suspects know very well what happened to Natalee, because they were the last ones that were with her on the night of her disappearance. Forget about the tales that from Carlos n’ Charlies they left her at the Holiday Inn or at the beach close to the Marriott! The story about going behind the Lighthouse to see sharks also leaves lots of doubts.

There are contradicting testimonies from Joran, Deepak and Satish! Joran said that they went to his apartment from Carlos n’ Charlies; the Kalpoe brothers have completely denied that statement. They have declared to the police that they didn’t go to that apartment! Which party is telling the truth? And Joran declared that Deepak picked him up at the beach, but Deepak denied that allegation. And then Joran said it was Satish that picked him up! But Satish also denied that he picked him up! The big question Tacopina has to answer is: How did Joran get back home that night? Did he walk? Did Paulus pick him up? Or was there someone else?

And can Tacopina explain to us how his client did the miracle of letting his shoes grow from size 11 to size 14 in one night?

These are some of the discrepancies that authorities have been investigating again, because they don’t make any sense! For instance, what was the real relationship between Joran and Koen? Why did he leave the island one or two days after Natalee disappeared? Why, when Art Wood and Dave, Natalee’s father, asked authorities to interrogate him, it wasn’t done? Why hasn’t he been interrogated so far?  My reliable sources tell me that Koen knows exactly what happened that night!

If Tacopina thinks that we’re not aware of ALL the details of this case, he is badly mistaken! The truth is that we honor our word and will not reveal what we know from our police and judicial sources when asked not to do so! What is said to us in trust will never be betrayed, because then we would be betraying our principles!

I hope this case goes to Court as soon as possible, and if Joran, Deepak and Satish are innocent, they will be cleared by the judge. And if one or more are guilty, this also will be determined by the evidence presented to the presiding Judge. My advice to Tacopina? Stay in the US! Your presence in Aruba will only cause more harm to Joran! Believe me!

Pap version of the "Police Report" above.

PROCES-VERBAAL

Nos, Juan Enrique Boezem, Dennis Dominico Jacobs, Luigi Angelo Giovanni Croes y Ghrizanti Anuar Tromp, respectivamente “hoofdagenten”, agente di polis eerste klas y agente di cuerpo policial di Aruba, respectivamente miembro di Distrito di Recherche 2 y Team di Proyecto di Atraco, ta declara lo siguiente:

Riba 13 di Juni 2005, alrededor di 19:50, e sospechoso Joran A.P. van der Sloot a declara cu posiblemente e sa unda cu e otro sospechoso Deepak Sharma Kalpoe, a dera curpa di e mucha muher perdi, Natalee Ann Holloway, bao di santo y cu e tabata dispuesto pa mustra husticia e lugar.
A consecuencia di su declaracion, nos como polis riba 13 di Mei 2005, alrededor di 20:00, hunto cu sospechoso J.A.P van der Sloot, a core bay pa e mustra nos e lugar.

Riba indicacion di e sospechoso J.A.P van der Sloot, nos a bay na e parti di beach pa Noord di Marriott Hotel.

Net cerca e prome fisherman’s hut, pa Noord di Marriott Hotel, e sospechoso a declara cu eynan riba 30 di Mei 2005 alrededor di 2:00, el a drumi riba beach hunto cu e mucha muher Natalee Holloway.

Riba momento cu nos como agente policial tabata ocupa cu e indicacion duna, e sospechoso J.A.P van der Sloot a declara cu ora cu e mucha muher Natalee Holloway a pega soño riba beach, el a laga e mucha muher atras, net na e prome fisherman’s hut, pa Noord di Marriott Hotel.

E sospechoso J.A.P van der Sloot despues a cana cu nos un tiki mas leu y el a declara cu e tin e sospechonan cu e sospechoso Deepak Kalpoe a dera e mucha muher eybanda cerca.

Segun e sospechoso J.A.P van der Sloot, e sospechoso Deepak Kalpoe a bin bek cerca e mucha muher, despues cu el a laga e mucha muher atras na soño.

Riba nos pregunta na J.A.P van der Sloot, kico el a kere cu a sosode entre e mucha muher Natalee Holloway y e sospechoso Deepak Kalpoe, el a declara cu e ta kere cu e sospechoso Deepak Kalpoe a viola e mucha muher sexualmente y cu el a asesine.

E proces verbaal aki ta traha pa nos como agente policial bao di huramento y firma riba 13 di Juni 2005.                 
e agentenan policial

J.E Boezem                              D.D Jacobs
L.A.G Croes                            G.A Tromp

Online Pap translation:

proces-verbaal

we, juan enrique boezem, dennis dominico jacobs, luigi angelo giovanni croes y ghrizanti anuar tromp, respectivamente “hoofdagenten”, agent of police eerste class y agent of cuerpo policial of aruba, respectivamente acolyte of distrito of recherche 2 y team of proyecto of atraco, is declara will siguiente:

on 13 of june 2005, alrededor of 19:50, the sospechoso joran owing to.p. van der sloot owing to declara cu posiblemente the know where cu the another sospechoso deepak sharma kalpoe, owing to bury curpa of the child muher perdi, natalee ann holloway, bao of sand y cu the was dispuesto for show husticia the lugar.

owing to consecuencia of his declaracion, we because; police on 13 of half 2005, alrededor of 20:00, together cu sospechoso j.a.p van der sloot, owing to core bay for her show we the lugar.

on indicacion of the sospechoso j.a.p van der sloot, we owing to bay at the part of beach for north of marriott hotel.

just close the first fisherman’s hut, for north of marriott hotel, the sospechoso owing to declara cu eynan on 30 of half 2005 alrededor of 2:00, past owing to sleep on beach together cu the child muher natalee holloway.

on instant cu we because; agent policial was ocupa cu the indicacion give, the sospechoso j.a.p van der sloot owing to declara cu hour cu the child muher natalee holloway owing to stick dream on beach, past owing to let the child muher behind, just at the first fisherman’s hut, for north of marriott hotel.

the sospechoso j.a.p van der sloot after owing to march cu we one bit more far y past owing to declara cu the have the sospechonan cu the sospechoso deepak kalpoe owing to bury the child muher eybanda close.

according the sospechoso j.a.p van der sloot, the sospechoso deepak kalpoe owing to come bek close the child muher, after cu past owing to let the child muher behind at dream.

on we question at j.a.p van der sloot, kico past owing to believe cu owing to sosode among the child muher natalee holloway y the sospechoso deepak kalpoe, past owing to declara cu the is believe cu the sospechoso deepak kalpoe owing to viola the child muher sexualmente y cu past owing to asesine.

the proces verbaal here is work for we because; agent policial bao of huramento y company on 13 of june 2005.

the agentenan policial
j.e boezem
d.d jacobs
l.a.g croes
g.a tromp

Once again - please remember that this is from the Friday, 11/30/2007 edition of Diario. I was unable to read/post on Friday.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 09:21:23 AM by San » Logged

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #523 on: December 01, 2007, 06:47:59 AM »

I was totally without computer access on Friday, 11/20/2007. The following is from that day's Diario.

http://www.diario-aruba.com/2007/11/30/

klaas - I made a typo; please change the date I was without access to a computer to Friday, 11/30/2007.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #524 on: December 01, 2007, 06:55:26 AM »

Just wanted to add that I hope someone here can get the full Enlgish version of Art's letter to Jossy - the one Jossy published 11/30/2007. Also would like to know its date.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #525 on: December 01, 2007, 07:21:29 AM »

Just wanted to add that I hope someone here can get the full Enlgish version of Art's letter to Jossy - the one Jossy published 11/30/2007. Also would like to know its date.

I can't even find the pap version of the Art Wood letter.   Rolling Eyes
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #526 on: December 01, 2007, 07:30:32 AM »

Meanwhile, Saturday's edition of Diario is up, and here's a recap on that.

http://www.diario-aruba.com/2007/12/1/

I'm pretty sure this is word-for-word the same "editorial" Jossy published in the previous day's edition (11/30/2007).

A badly informed lawyer

By: Jossy M. Mansur

Once again this man, who thinks himself a star lawyer, has given various televised interviews in which he unfortunately proves that he has no control over his emotions, and uttered one nonsense after the other in angry tone he could not camouflage! What is he looking for really? Popularity? This certainly is not the way to achieve his goal!

I have an immense regard for Greta, but I can't understand why she gives this man the last word and doesn't let us confront him. Neither does she with the facts of the case, which Greta is fully aware of, I'm sure. Maybe in the US, there might be some people that are afraid of his tongue and temper, but with me, he is climbing the wrong tree!

How does a lawyer who pretends to have any class, say that what I've quoted from Joran's deposition isn't true? I again publish this document in the original Dutch, with a translation in English. This should put duct tape on Tacopina's mouth.

In the referred document, Joran said to four Aruban police officers that he thinks he might know where Natalee's body is buried, and that he thinks that Deepak went back to the beach where the girl was lying on the sand, raped and killed Natalee, and afterward buried her close to the first fishermen's hut! And he also wants to ignore a taped conversation in a police car, where the three suspects (Joran, Deepak and Satish were sitting in the back seat), trying to make his client, Joran, come out "innocent" in his confrontation with Deepak. Does this lawyer know how to read? Or is he simply dumb? Deepak said directly to Joran (and the police have this tape!): "if they find the girl, you are looking at 15 years in prison! What did he mean by that? That Joran is "innocent" or "guilty" of something that will send him behind bars for so many years? Can this big-mouthed lawyer understand this? Or does he only want to impose his street style here too? Attacking my evidence based on real facts won't help his client, and if he doesn't stop painting Joran like an angel, I'll find myself forced to publish everything we have found out about him since he was 8 years old! He is certainly no "angel", believe me!

Let Tacopina understand once and for all that I have 33 years of journalism in Aruba behind me, and that if the American media ask for my comments, it is because they are aware that I know more than Tacopina thinks! Could he possibly be trying to break my credibility with the American People, by his clownish acts on TV? I've always spoken the truth to them! I have nothing to hide from anyone. My relationship with David Kock and Ronny Wix, the defense lawyers for the Kalpoe brothers is excellent! They have the professional ethics that Tacopina lacks and a good sense in the practice of law, of that I'm sure!

In my opinion, Paulus committed a critical error when he hired Tacopina to defend Joran, because he doesn't know our environment, he is not up-to-date directly on what happened to Natalee, and all his "knowledge" seems to come from what he has read about the case. I'm sure he doesn't have half of the documents that DIARIO has. Furthermore, we have additional documents that no other media can even dream of having, and that's because we are serious journalists that respect authorities and cooperate with them when asked to do so.

I've said on Greta's show that the three suspects know very well what happened to Natalee, because they were the last ones that were with her on the night of her disappearance. Forget about the tales that from Carlos and Charlies they left her at the Holiday Inn or at the beach close to the Marriott! The story about going behind the Lighthouse to see sharks also leaves lots of doubts. There are contradicting testimonies from Joran, Deepak and Satish! Joran said that they went to his apartment from Carlos and Charlies; the Kalpoe brothers have completely denied that statement. They have declared to the police that they didn't go to that apartment! Which party is telling the truth? And Joran declared that Deepak picked him up at the beach, but Deepak denied that allegation. And then Joran said it was Satish that picked him up! But Satish also denied that he picked him up! The big question Tacopina has to answer is: How did Joran get back home that night? Did he walk? Did Paulus pick him up? Or was there someone else?

And can Tacopina explain to us how his client did the miracle of letting his shoes grow from size 11 to size 14 in one night?

These are some of the discrepancies that authorities have been investigating again, because they don't make any sense! For instance, what was the real relationship between Joran and Koen? Why did he leave the island one or two days after Natalee disappeared? Why, when Art Wood and Dave, Natalee's father, asked authorities to interrogate him, it wasn't done? Why hasn't he been interrogated so far? My reliable sources tell me that Koen knows exactly what happened that night!

If Tacopina thinks that we're not aware of ALL the details of this case, he is badly mistaken! The truth is that we honor our word and will not reveal what we know from our police and judicial sources when asked not to do so! What is said to us in trust will never be betrayed, because then we would be betraying our principles!

I hope this case goes to Court as soon as possible, and if Joran, Deepak and Satish are innocent, they will be cleared by the judge. And if one or more are guilty, this also will be determined by the evidence presented to the presiding Judge. My advice to Tacopina? Stay in the US! Your presence in Aruba will only cause more harm to Joran! Believe me!

Jossy offers links to the Dutch and English versions of the Polis Report / PV referred to on Greta's "On the Record". Those are in the previous day's Diario and in my post for that edition (above).

This one is about 2K release, I think - "rechasa"?

Peticion pa prolonga e detencion di rumannan K. den e caso
di Natalee Holloway a wordo rechasa

ORANJESTAD(AAN)-- Ayera huez-comisario a rechasa e peticion pa prolonga e detencion di e rumannan Kalpoe.

Nan ta wordo sospecha, hunto cu e di tres sospechoso Joran. v.d. Sloot., di morto di Natalee Holloway of di en todo caso, maltrato di tal forma cu a hiba na su morto. Ministerio Publico a pidi pa prolongacion di nan detencion.

Huez-comisario a dicidi cu e dossier penal actual contra e sospechosonan, na cual pruebanan nobo a wordo agrega recientemente, tin suficiente contenido pa tin obheccionnan serio contra nan, pero solamente pa hechonan cu segun ley no ta permiti detencion preventivo, cua ta destruccion di rastronan di un crimen y/o excavacion di un cadaver.

E castigo cu por wordo imponi pa e delitonan aki no ta suficiente pa por usa e medio de detencion preventivo.

E decision di Hues-Comisario por wordo apela dentro di tres dia. Durante e dianan venidero Ministerio Publico lo studia e posibilidad aki.

Online Pap translation:

peticion for prolonga the detencion of rumannan k. in the caso
of natalee holloway owing to wordo rechasa

oranjestad(aan)-- yesterday huez-comisario owing to rechasa {dismiss?} the peticion for prolonga the detencion of the rumannan kalpoe.

they're wordo sospecha, together cu the of three sospechoso joran. v.d. sloot., of dead of natalee holloway or of provided that todo caso, maltrato of such form cu owing to take away at his dead. ministerio publico owing to ask for prolongacion of they detencion.

huez-comisario owing to dicidi cu the dossier penal actual contra the sospechosonan, at cual pruebanan new owing to wordo agrega recientemente, have sufficient contenido for have obheccionnan earnest contra they, but only for hechonan cu according ley do not permiti detencion preventivo, cua is destruccion of rastronan of one crimen y/o excavacion of one cadaver.

the castigo cu can wordo imponi for her delitonan here do not sufficient for can using the medio de detencion preventivo.

the decision of hues-comisario can wordo apela dentro of three day. during the dianan venidero ministerio publico will study the posibilidad here.

I am totally confused by this one. I think the matter of two lawyers for 2K still stands, and JVDS not getting other requested privileges - but I'm not at all sure that's what this says.

Corte Comun a rechaza apelacion di abogadonan di D.K. den caso Holloway
A mantgene mayoria di restriccionnan contra J. v.d. S.

ORANJESTAD(AAN)--Ayera Corte Comun di Husticia a dicidi riba dos apelacion separa cu a wordo entrega pa abogadonan di e sospechosonan D.K. y J. v.d. S. den e caso Holloway. D.K. y J. v.d. S.  ta wordo sospecha, hunto cu e di tres sospechoso S.K., di morto di Natalee Holloway of di en todo caso maltrato di tal forma cu a hiba na su morto.

Ayera e apelacionnan aki a wordo trata tras di porta cera.Den e caso contra D.K., huez-comisario a duna ordo, riba peticion di Ministerio Publico, pa nenga e abogadonan Kock, Wix y Zeppenveldt acceso na e sospechoso D.K. pa un duracion di ocho dia. Te ultimo e abogadonan Kock, Wix y Zeppenveldt a representa e rumannan K. como ekipo.

Ministerio Publico a pidi pa e ordo aki a base di e sospecho cu D.K. lo por ta hayando informacion tocante e investigacion cu lo mester wordo teni for di dje of cu e investigacion pa yega na e berdad lo por wordo stroba.

E sospecho aki ta basa riba informacion for di raport di Polis cu ta duna sosten na e teoria cu hopi tempo pasa, D.K. a palabra cu su ruman S.K. tocante nan posicion den e investigacion. Riba dje Ministerio Publico a ripara cu e sospechosonan ta ahusta nan declaracionnan na otro. Esaki hunto cu e hecho cu ambos sospechoso ta wordo representa pa e mes ekipo di abogado a haci cu Ministerio Publico a pidi pa e ordo.

Huez-comisario a sigui e argumentonan di Ministerio Publico y a duna ordo cu e tres abogadonan no por bishita nan cliente D.K. E abogadonan a apela e decision aki cerca Corte Comun. Actualmente nan ta representa solamente S.K. Riba peticion di e abogadonan menciona, D.K. ta wordo representa pa un otro abogado desde siman pasa.

Corte Comun a dicidi awe cu e ordo di huez-comisario ta na su lugar y a rechaza e apelacion di e abogadonan. Mientrastanto huez-comisario a alarga e termino menciona cu ocho dia mas.Den e caso contra J. v.d. S. a pidi Corte Comun pa suaviza e restriccionnan (ningun contacto cu hende, otro cu su abogado, no telefon, no cartanan, corant, revista of television) cu a wordo poni na dje.

Concretamente a pidi pa permiti bishita (su mama y ruman homber, un otro abogado y amigonan), pa dune un Bijbel y otro lectura y pa lague haci deporte. KIA a mientrastanto, tambe riba peticion di Ministerio Publico, percura pa un Bijbel y lectura. Corte Comun a rechaza ayera e apelacion contra e restriccionnan den interes di e investigacion.

Online Pap translation:

corte comun owing to rechaza apelacion of
abogadonan of d.k. in caso holloway owing to mantgene majority of restriccionnan
contra j. v.d. s.

oranjestad(aan)--ayera corte comun of husticia owing to dicidi on two apelacion separa cu owing to wordo entrega for abogadonan of the sospechosonan d.k. y j. v.d. s. in the caso holloway. d.k. y j. v.d. s. is wordo sospecha, together cu the of three sospechoso s.k., of dead of natalee holloway or of provided that todo caso maltrato of such form cu owing to take away at his dead.

yesterday the apelacionnan here owing to wordo deal behind door close.den the caso contra d.k., huez-comisario owing to give ordo, on peticion of ministerio publico, for deny the abogadonan kock, wix y zeppenveldt acceso at the sospechoso d.k. for one duracion of eight day. till ultimo the abogadonan kock, wix y zeppenveldt owing to representa the rumannan k. because; equipment.

ministerio publico owing to ask for her ordo here owing to base of the suspicion cu d.k. will can is hayando informacion tocante the investigacion cu will have to wordo teni for of dje or cu the investigacion for arrive at the berdad will can wordo stroba.

the suspicion here is basa on informacion for of raport of police cu is give sosten at the teoria cu much time happen, d.k. owing to word cu his brother s.k. tocante they posicion in the investigacion. on dje ministerio publico owing to ripara cu the sospechosonan is ahusta they declaracionnan at another. this together cu the mature cu both sospechoso is wordo representa for her self equipment of advocate owing to haci cu ministerio publico owing to ask for her ordo.

huez-comisario owing to follow the argumentonan of ministerio publico y owing to give ordo cu the three abogadonan not can visit they cliente d.k. the abogadonan owing to apela the decision here close corte comun. actualmente they're representa only s.k. on peticion of the abogadonan menciona, d.k. is wordo representa for one another advocate by week happen.

corte comun owing to dicidi today cu the ordo of huez-comisario is at his lugar y owing to rechaza the apelacion of the abogadonan. all the time huez-comisario owing to alarga the termino menciona cu eight day more.den the caso contra j. v.d. s. owing to ask corte comun for suaviza the restriccionnan (ningun contacto cu person, another cu his advocate, not telephone, not cartanan, corant, magazine or television) cu owing to wordo poni at dje.

concretamente owing to ask for permiti visit (su mother y brother man, one another advocate y amigonan), for dune one bijbel y another lectura y for lague haci sport. kia owing to all the time, also on peticion of ministerio publico, percura for one bijbel y lectura. corte comun owing to rechaza yesterday the apelacion contra the restriccionnan in interest of the investigacion.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #527 on: December 01, 2007, 07:31:36 AM »

Found Wood letter but link pulls up as totally white box when clicked.  Couldn't see any date.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #528 on: December 01, 2007, 07:33:46 AM »

"And can Tacopina explain to us how his client did the miracle of letting his shoes grow from size 11 to size 14 in one night? "

This is my favorite line from Jossy's editorial about Tacopina

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #529 on: December 01, 2007, 07:35:05 AM »

Buckeye - I promise you, it IS in that lengthy post of mine from Diario's 11/30/2007 edition. However, here is just that part of the post:

Jossy, E ultimo noticia ta conmove mi curazon y ta recorda mi con duro a bo, Eduardo y mi persona a traha pa trece e caso aki den husticia.
Mi ta spera tur cos ta bon

Apreciado Jossy Mansur,

E re-aresto di Joran Van der Sloot y rumannan Kalpoe ta pone Aruba un biaha mas den spotlight mundial, locual ta pone mas atencion y emocion relaciona cu e desaparicion di Natalee Holloway. Mientras mi ta hala atras y cuidadosamente ta observa e ultimo eventonan tumando lugar, mi mester admiti cu mi ta un poco mas esceptico relaciona cu e intencion di Aruba pa resolve e caso aki.

Por fabor tuma nota cu mi a referi na “intencion” di Aruba\' y no su \"Abilidad\" pa resolve e caso di Natalee Holloway. E pueblo di Aruba merece pa haya sa e berdad den e tragedia aki y no worde mal-informa pa media of su Gobierno. Ta pesey mi ta skirbi esaki. Mi kier pa pueblo di Aruba cuestiona e sinceridad di algun autoridad envolvi y no worde ciega pa miedo di publicidad negativo.

Durante e curso di e investigacion aki, mi a bira amigo personal di bo y bo yiu Eduardo, como tambe Dave Holloway.Mi por declara sin duda ningun cu nos intencion y obhetivonan tabata sali for di nos curazon pa e deseo di encontra Natalee.

Den un bida henter trahando como oficial di polis mi ta haya cu e oficialnan di polis di Aruba cu mi por a conoce ta polisnan capaz, competente y profesional. Aunke, manera bo por corda, consistentemente y repetidamente mi a laga sa mi preocupacion relaciona cu e rol di Dennis Jacobs, un agente den departamento di narcotico, pa su asignacion den e caso como investigador principal, pa e Comisario Van der Straaten. Aruba tin detectivenan cu experiencia den casonan di homicidio y desaparicion di personanan. Di con nan no a haya e oportunidad pa resolve e caso aki. Van der Straaten mes a trece duda den e caso cu su amistad personal cu Paulus Van der Sloot.

Un duda cu nunca a termina cu su retiro, mientras Dave Holloway y mi persona a descubri cu e tabata reuni regularmente cu Jacobs y e Comisario Dompig lunanan durante e investigacion. Esey lo por ta apenas un coincidencia of nan por tin un amistad tambe, pero nos a haya esaki inusual. Mi criticanan di Jacobs a worde bon documenta y mi no ta bay ripiti esaki.

El a worde pasa den mannan di e Prome Minister y Procurador General di Aruba, hunto cu un peticion pa kita Jacobs y Dompig for di e caso. Famianan Holloway y Twitty tambe a tuma parti na e peticion aki.

Na October 2005 Dave Holloway y mi persona a reuni den secreto cu Fiscal Amolyn Flanegin. Nos a haci esaki cu conocimento y permiso di e Procurador General. E meta di e reunion aki tabata pa vocifera nos preocupacion relaciona cu e iregularidadnan cu Dennis Jacobs y Comisario Dompig a mustra durante e curso di e investigacion y nos peticion pa Landsrecherche investiga e dos agentenan aki.

Ami cu Dave a duna Comisario Dompig un pista persuasivo relaciona cu amigo di Joran, Koen Gottenbos y nos tabata sinti cu Gottenbos lo por ta un clave pa resolve e caso. Yiu adolescente di Comisario Dompig a bisa Dave Holloway cu Paulus Van der Sloot aparentemente a fia un boto rond di e lapso di tempo di desaparicion di Natalee. Ami y Dave a haya sa cu e boto tabata di tata di Koen Gottenbos y cu Koen tabata tin miedo di worde aresta. Asina hopi cu e anochi e tabata drumi hunto cu su mayornan riba cama.

Durante e curso di e reunion aki Fiscal Flanegin a bisa nos cu el a resigna for di e caso di Holloway pa motibo di respuesta negativo di (Jacobs y Dompig) pa sigui cu e pistanan relaciona cu Gottenbos. Specificamente cu Koen Gottenbos a suministra Joran cu un alibi ficticio pa e anochi di 31 di Mei, 2005. Flanegin a bisa \"sigui e mentiranan y lo bo descubri e berdad.\"

Dos aña a pasa y nos no tin motibo pa kere cu polis a investiga nos peticion pa bay tras di Koen Gottenbos. Nos a haya sa awo cu evidencianan nobo a sali afo di via yamadanan di telefon y e-mails. Mi por bisabo cu Koen Gottenbos a e-mail Joran tur dia!Mi ta spera y reza cu mi escepticismo ta innecesario y cu husticia lo prevalece.

Dios bendiciona pueblo di Aruba.

Arthur E. Wood

(Arthur E. Wood ta un ex agente special di Servicio Secreto, kende a protehe Presidentenan Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush y Clinton. El a worde honra como Oficial di Polis di aña, pa e Asociacion Internacional di Investigadornan di Credit Card na 1986 y ta un autor y ta conoci pa promove derechonan di victimanan.)

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #530 on: December 01, 2007, 07:36:43 AM »

"And can Tacopina explain to us how his client did the miracle of letting his shoes grow from size 11 to size 14 in one night? "

This is my favorite line from Jossy's editorial about Tacopina

Klaas should have sent him the picture of Joran, with two different sized shoes, to include in the paper. Laughing
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #531 on: December 01, 2007, 07:38:39 AM »

Found Wood letter but link pulls up as totally white box when clicked.  Couldn't see any date.

That's what I tried to explain. On the "front" page, Diario runs the entire letter in Papiamentu, and then shows the first two paragraphs in English. But when you click to read more, the page comes up blank. It's possible this will be corrected later in the day.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #532 on: December 01, 2007, 07:39:04 AM »

msmarple

I could read what you posted.  I was trying to find the original so I could see if I could capture the English version for you.  See my following post.  Wink
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #533 on: December 01, 2007, 07:42:21 AM »

I cannot bear the thought of that big ugly, pimply faced, big-busted, hog legged Joran and what he did to Natalee.  It makes me despise him so much and the thought of that sweaty daddy of his, who might be necrophiliac for all we know.  They may have an obsession about having sex with corpses.  We don't know what kind of sick people they are but they look dreadfully mentally deranged.  Joran's eyes look evil and one of them is bigger than the other, almost like a cyclops head.

cyclops cyclops cyclops
Morning all

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #534 on: December 01, 2007, 07:44:35 AM »

msmarple

I could read what you posted.  I was trying to find the original so I could see if I could capture the English version for you.  See my following post.  Wink

OK, gottcha. You're having the same problem I did!

We'll check back a little later. Diario doesn't update during the day, but sometimes it "fixes" things like broken links, etc.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #535 on: December 01, 2007, 07:51:53 AM »

msmarple

OK, gottcha. You're having the same problem I did!

We'll check back a little later. Diario doesn't update during the day, but sometimes it "fixes" things like broken links, etc.

OR - maybe you need to know about "Notica Local". When you click on the Diario link - http://www.diario-aruba.com/2007/11/30/ - look at the top line in the left box, under "Notica". Click on "Notica Local". That takes you to the local notices of importance (as compared to Politics, Sports, etc.)

You are correct that the letter from Art isn't shown at all in the initial "splash" screen that you get when you first click on the Diario link.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #536 on: December 01, 2007, 08:01:53 AM »

This may already have been posted; apologies if so.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americas/11/30/aruba.holloway/index.html

Brothers to be freed in Natalee Holloway case

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (CNN) -- Two of the suspects being held in connection with Natalee Holloway's presumed death will be released from custody by Saturday.

Prosecutors wanted Deepak and Satish Kalpoe held in Aruba for another eight days, but a judge rejected their request Friday.

The decision was "a bit of a setback," said Hans Mos, Aruba's chief public prosecutor. But it does not change his plan to decide by the end of the year whether to prosecute anyone in the Holloway case.

"We had hoped for a longer period to confront these suspects with the material we have against them, but this is the way the law says it must go," Mos said. 

Holloway's parents are expected to meet with Mos on Saturday. The prosecutor said he will explain to them what happened, "if I can explain it. I hope I can."

Deepak Kalpoe's defense attorney, meanwhile, said his client is "really happy to recover his freedom after 10 days in jail."

Prosecutors have three days to appeal the decision and will decide Monday whether or not to do so.

A third man, Joran van der Sloot, is still being held in the case. Van der Sloot is set to appear before a judge December 7, and prosecutors have said they are considering requesting that he be detained another 60 days.

The Kalpoe brothers were previously jailed in the case, but were rearrested last week and charged with being involved in the "voluntary manslaughter" of Holloway.

The judge reasoned Friday that "the new evidence, together with the existing evidence in this case, produce serious grounds for the suspicion of some kind of aiding and abetting, of covering up the traces of a crime committed or of the disposing of a corpse," prosecutors said.

But people accused of those crimes do not qualify for pretrial detention under Aruban law, Mos told reporters. He noted that on Monday, the same judge approved van der Sloot's continuing detention based on the same evidence.

"Apparently, the judge sees a difference between the third suspect and these two suspects," Mos said, since the judge concluded the evidence against the Kalpoes was not strong enough to warrant their continued detention.

When the arrests took place November 21, prosecutors said they had new incriminating evidence against the three men.

They were the last people seen with Holloway, 18, as she left an Oranjestad nightclub on May 30, 2005. She was on a trip to Aruba with about 100 classmates celebrating their graduation from Mountain Brook High School in suburban Birmingham, Alabama. 

The three have maintained their innocence in her disappearance.

The Kalpoes have told police they dropped Holloway and van der Sloot off near a lighthouse on the northern tip of the island after they left the nightclub. Van der Sloot's mother, Anita, has said her son told her he was on the beach with Holloway but left her there because she wanted to stay.

Mos has told CNN he believes authorities have enough evidence to prove Holloway is dead, even if her body is never found. He has suggested her death was an accident.

The new evidence against the three men was gathered from advanced techniques used to re-examine existing information, including cell phone records and text messages exchanged the night Holloway disappeared, Mos has said.

Investigators also returned to the homes of the suspects to try to re-create transmissions. The team also discovered that some existing evidence was improperly analyzed.

Defense attorneys for the Kalpoes and van der Sloot have said the prosecutors' evidence is flimsy. "To say it's less than nothing is too much," van der Sloot's lawyer, Ariean de Bie, told CNN.

In Aruba, authorities can make an arrest if they have reasonable suspicion that someone knows about or is involved in a crime. Magistrates investigate cases, and judges determine a suspect's guilt or innocence. There are no jury trials.

Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #537 on: December 01, 2007, 08:05:13 AM »

Diario
http://www.diarioaruba.com/
Amigoe
http://www.amigoe.com/english/
BonDia
http://www.cspnv.com/
Solo di Pueblo
http://www.solodipueblo.com/
Aruba Today
http://www.arubatoday.com/
24ora
http://www.24ora.com/
Translator:
http://papiamentu.donamaro.nl

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #538 on: December 01, 2007, 08:19:08 AM »

Per Ramm / Dutch Media - Restrictions on Joran upheld, no visitors...etc...
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #539 on: December 01, 2007, 08:21:51 AM »

Oh me too Klaas. I just had a sigh of relief, but can still hardly think. The word cruelty is pounding in my brain...cruelty.  

I'm nowhere near 'catching up' (as usual) -- but the word pounding in my brain is M A F I A  Mad

Just the presence of Joe T 'as a consultant' to the Aruban defense team has told me that all along.

And what a coincidence that Joe T is on his way to Aruba -- just as Mos is 'surprised' by this ridiculous (but predictable) release of K2.

I haven't seen this morning news from Aruba, yet -- but did anyone accidentally hang themselves with ther hand in their pocket?

And although the skank may be elated by the news of the k2 release -- I wouldn't be. Skanky -- you were hired to make this go away over 2 years ago -- and you failed. Maybe you should start sleeping with one eye open.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.