May 06, 2024, 10:34:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #32 4/13/10 - 4/15/10  (Read 312874 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1520 on: April 15, 2010, 07:45:17 AM »

Nite Janet

Brandi- that was a good Pat Brown article.  Thanks for posting the link.  What she says is as possible as any other scenerio, IMO

I thought so too.

I hope others click on it and read it: http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/2010/04/criminal-profiling-topic-of-day-why.html

I agree with Pat Brown because of the rat's head that RC & MC put in Tommy's mailbox, everything is becoming clearer to me.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1521 on: April 15, 2010, 07:59:05 AM »

The tip came from Grandma Floria, is she Hank's mom?  Good for Grandma!

http://www.myfoxorlando.com//subindex/news/cummings_case

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #1522 on: April 15, 2010, 08:03:07 AM »

4-1-2010

But Cummings' brother Hank Croslin Jr. said his sister isn't being 100 percent truthful.

He said he believes prescription pills have everything to do with the Haleigh vanishing last year.

"I really think it's all drug-related, otherwise (Cummings ex-husband and Haleigh's father) Ronald (Cummings) wouldn't have said that (expletive) if it wasn't true," Croslin Jr. said.

---

Pat Brown is a very smart woman. Whatever she has to say, I`m all ears.

Much like Tommy Crusty-Croslin.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1523 on: April 15, 2010, 08:16:19 AM »

Good Morning.

I have no idea if Joe Overstreet is involved. But I do know that even an idiot could easily defend him against charges should they be filed. Overstreet needs to meet the same criteria as all others - means, motive and opportunity. The motive for killing a little girl - that you basically have no connection - would be a very high bar in my opinion.

Just being in the same town is not the same as being in that trailer and if there is no DNA from Overstreet the DA would not meet that evidential proof. You need more than a druggie's word.

I have no idea how they made the leap to Joe other than pressure and the words or the Croslins. Personally, I can't see hooking my reputation and career to those folks. Joe Overstreet has been known since the beginning of the case and is not new to the police.

Can ya just imagine how some of the questioning would go -

Misty you were offered a deal in your drug case, did you then decide to pin this on Joe Overstreet?

Officer, you said that no evidence was found and my client even went to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and voluntarily spoke with you all. On 4-14-2010 you called the area of interest a crime scene but one hour earlier said nothing was found. Why was my client not apprehended before you called it a crime scene.

I could go on and on - but you get the drift.

In reality - Misty has means, motive and opportunity. Sorry to say - but she meets the necessary guidelines. I have no idea if Joe Overstreet is involved. I really don't. If he is and it took a year and two months to figure it all out, well, it wasn't very good police work for a department that kept mum on most issues.

Misty had access to Haleigh. Misty had access to items that were washed. Misty had the ability to walk a deceased child to this new crime scene. Misty could wade into the water were the search appears to have taken place. Misty was accounted for from 9pm until she called Ron around 3:15am. Could Misty have done all this on her own? Sure she could.

Have a great day... Prayers for Haleigh.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1524 on: April 15, 2010, 08:24:50 AM »

Rob - I agree with you. While Joe is in all likelihood a creep that likes young girls, it would be hard to link him at this point. I personally think the fact that he hung around and hung up fliers goes in his favor. I only hope that if he is involved, evidence will be found to link him to the crime.

my personal thought is and has been that Misty killed Haleigh and called Tommy to get rid of the body. Could be that Tommy came over like he said and found Haleigh dead and Misty talked him into getting rid of the body - either way Misty is the person responsible for the death and Ron is close behind. The fact that the entire family knew what happened and did not tell is CRAP. This alone should put all of them in prison for life.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1525 on: April 15, 2010, 08:32:35 AM »

now tat we "know" water was involved the drying of dirty clothes makes even more sense and i know previously there was discreption as to whether or not the dryer was running when le got there but it doesn't have to be dryers stay warm for a god hour after use allle would have had to do was feel it and see if it was hot...
fyi at this point if joe ron misty timmy or tommy were charged any lawyer would be able to get them off on reasonable doubt and i think that is the whole plan...
i think joe was the fall guy from the get go right down to the leaked gun story
i also find it interesting that misty and joe when asked about each other have both said "nothing i want to say on tv"
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1526 on: April 15, 2010, 08:36:22 AM »

Rob - I agree with you. While Joe is in all likelihood a creep that likes young girls, it would be hard to link him at this point. I personally think the fact that he hung around and hung up fliers goes in his favor. I only hope that if he is involved, evidence will be found to link him to the crime.

my personal thought is and has been that Misty killed Haleigh and called Tommy to get rid of the body. Could be that Tommy came over like he said and found Haleigh dead and Misty talked him into getting rid of the body - either way Misty is the person responsible for the death and Ron is close behind. The fact that the entire family knew what happened and did not tell is CRAP. This alone should put all of them in prison for life.
the only person we have heard that from is misty and even if it was true they were nt close cousins and there is not really any age difference even if something did happen sexually between the two i would be willing to bet it was as early curious teens and it was consensual... you do not maintain relationships with people who molested you or your kid and when asked about it misty only said she didn't want to say it on camera yet she supposedly told everyone he messed with her and knows it was relayed on tv but would not say it on tv
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1527 on: April 15, 2010, 08:36:58 AM »

I also agree with Rob and with you boyzmom. I read the Pat Brown scenario, and it could very well be. It does make sense that Ron must know something, because she's right in that he didn't go after Misty. Someone with anger issues like Ron would surely not have married the woman who last saw his daughter alive.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1528 on: April 15, 2010, 08:40:58 AM »

Monkeys and lizards snooping 

Good Morning Monks!  In catch up mode, but had to bring this forward....too funny Klaas!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1529 on: April 15, 2010, 08:44:13 AM »

Good Morning Monks!  In catch up mode, but had to bring this forward....too funny Klaas!!

Thanks for bringing it forward; I missed it before. Too cute! I love it Smile
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1530 on: April 15, 2010, 08:51:18 AM »

The only thing that was scary is that we monkeys are hanging from a TREE like Joy!!!!   

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1531 on: April 15, 2010, 09:04:14 AM »

The tip came from Grandma Floria, is she Hank's mom?  Good for Grandma!

http://www.myfoxorlando.com//subindex/news/cummings_case

Flora Hollar is Lisa Croslin's mother.

Heart
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1532 on: April 15, 2010, 09:05:16 AM »

the only person we have heard that from is misty and even if it was true they were nt close cousins and there is not really any age difference even if something did happen sexually between the two i would be willing to bet it was as early curious teens and it was consensual... you do not maintain relationships with people who molested you or your kid and when asked about it misty only said she didn't want to say it on camera yet she supposedly told everyone he messed with her and knows it was relayed on tv but would not say it on tv

I agree Penny....

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1533 on: April 15, 2010, 09:07:07 AM »

Misty Croslin’s cousin questioned

Updated: Thursday, 15 Apr 2010, 8:37 AM EDT
Published : Thursday, 15 Apr 2010, 8:23 AM EDT

By NICK FOKIANOS | FOX 35 News

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - The search for missing Putnam County girl Haleigh Cummings continues. For the first time, we're hearing from the man police have questioned several times about her disappearance.

Investigators have intensified their search for the little girl in the past couple of days.

Haleigh was last seen 14 months ago. Misty Croslin was the last person to see her.

Joe Overstreet is Misty Croslin's cousin. Overstreet, who lives in Tennessee, says he was in Florida when the little girl disappeared. The 20-year-old is speaking out about the allegations that he was involved in Haleigh's disappearance.

"I’m disgusted. I don't know. I can't say nothing about it. I don’t know what to say," said Overstreet.

Overstreet's grandmother is the one who called deputies after her other grandson Tommy Croslin called her from the St. Johns County Jail on Sunday and told her that Overstreet took Haleigh from her home.

Investigators say Haleigh's dad Ronald Cummings and Overstreet got into a fight over a gun just days before Haleigh disappeared.

The tip led investigators to search the Saint Johns River in Putnam County. Divers are back in the river today, for the 3rd day in a row.Misty Croslin’s cousin questioned

Updated: Thursday, 15 Apr 2010, 8:37 AM EDT
Published : Thursday, 15 Apr 2010, 8:23 AM EDT

By NICK FOKIANOS | FOX 35 News

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - The search for missing Putnam County girl Haleigh Cummings continues. For the first time, we're hearing from the man police have questioned several times about her disappearance.

Investigators have intensified their search for the little girl in the past couple of days.

Haleigh was last seen 14 months ago. Misty Croslin was the last person to see her.

Joe Overstreet is Misty Croslin's cousin. Overstreet, who lives in Tennessee, says he was in Florida when the little girl disappeared. The 20-year-old is speaking out about the allegations that he was involved in Haleigh's disappearance.

"I’m disgusted. I don't know. I can't say nothing about it. I don’t know what to say," said Overstreet.

Overstreet's grandmother is the one who called deputies after her other grandson Tommy Croslin called her from the St. Johns County Jail on Sunday and told her that Overstreet took Haleigh from her home.

Investigators say Haleigh's dad Ronald Cummings and Overstreet got into a fight over a gun just days before Haleigh disappeared.

The tip led investigators to search the Saint Johns River in Putnam County. Divers are back in the river today, for the 3rd day in a row.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/cummings_case/041510-Haleigh-Cummings

Heart
GrnLizrd
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1534 on: April 15, 2010, 09:07:33 AM »

Ok so im watching the news reports this am since like 5 and stuff playing over and over. I remember catching up tues. cause i was out and peeps saying they thought Ron looked like he was crying when he came out. I have tried some to go bk but the cage is moving fast.... can someone give me a link to them coming out from the meeting. I could swear i see that half smirk on him that i have always noticed about him. I dont want to upset anyone JMO. If not a smirk just that I'm the greatest look maybe? Just cant put my finger on it but not grieving Dad like the rest coming out. Thanks in advance.

Never Give Up!

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1535 on: April 15, 2010, 09:10:06 AM »

New Haleigh Search Area Named Crime Scene

Thursday, April 15, 2010 7:44:34 AM
Reported by Janelle Jordan

SATSUMA -- Investigators said an area of the St. Johns River where they have been searching for Haleigh Cummings is being considered a crime scene.

Misty Croslin, the last person to see Haleigh alive, has been seen near the search area. Authorities said she has been talking with investigators.

Haleigh was 5 years old when she disappeared from her family’s home in February 2009.

The search for the missing girl intensified during the last week after the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office said it received a “credible new tip,” Sheriff Jeff Hardy would not say what the lead is, or what he told Haleigh’s family.

News 13 learned Wednesday through a source close to the investigation that an arrest could come soon.

The source also told News 13 that Misty, the ex-wife of Haleigh’s father, Ronald Cummings, has been working closely with investigators.

In addition, Misty’s cousin, Joe Overstreet, was question for a third time in the investigation.

Overstreet lives in Tennessee, but was in Florida the night Haleigh disappeared. The FBI questioned him days later, but investigators have not said what his relation to the investigation may be.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/4/15/new_haleigh_search_area_named_crime_scene.html

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1536 on: April 15, 2010, 09:12:55 AM »

Haleigh Cummings: Search Resumes Thursday

By Rich Jones, News Director
@ April 15, 2010 6:06 AM Permalink |

A search of the St. Johns River is expected to continue for a third day.  Cops in Putnam County still are not saying what exactly they're looking for, but they've found nothing of value.

Last evening, Misty Croslin was taken from jail to the search location, but it's unclear what information she was able to provide.

We also know that cops questioned Misty's cousin in Tennessee.

Joe Overstreet tells our news partner Channel 4 he's told cops everything he knows, and he denies any involvement in Haleigh's disappearance.

Overstreet was in Putnam County last February, and returned to Tennessee shortly after the girl's disappearance.

To date, no one has been arrested in connection with Haleigh's disappearance.

We'll continue to monitor developments as the search for information into Haleigh's disappearance continues.

http://wokv.com/localnews/2010/04/haleigh-cummings-search-resume.html

Heart
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1537 on: April 15, 2010, 09:13:51 AM »

Ok so im watching the news reports this am since like 5 and stuff playing over and over. I remember catching up tues. cause i was out and peeps saying they thought Ron looked like he was crying when he came out. I have tried some to go bk but the cage is moving fast.... can someone give me a link to them coming out from the meeting. I could swear i see that half smirk on him that i have always noticed about him. I dont want to upset anyone JMO. If not a smirk just that I'm the greatest look maybe? Just cant put my finger on it but not grieving Dad like the rest coming out. Thanks in advance.

I thought he was smirking, too.   I didn't see crying.   jmo.    I think he knows he is going down too.   He should have never left his children with that druggie tramp.  And if drugs were involved, then they were probably HIS.

by the way - thanks for the photos.   
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1538 on: April 15, 2010, 09:15:20 AM »

sorry no link but to me he looked defeated...
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1539 on: April 15, 2010, 09:17:02 AM »

Misty brought to river

By Larry Sullivan
Published: Thursday, April 15, 2010 2:12 AM EDT

SATSUMA - Misty Croslin, who was babysitting Haleigh Cummings the night the child vanished, was brought Wednesday to the St. Johns River where authorities have spent two days searching for the child's remains.

The 18-year-old has been jailed on prescription drug trafficking charges since January.

On Wednesday afternoon, sheriff's deputies drove her from the St. Johns County Jail in St. Augustine to Shell Harbour Road in South Putnam. Croslin was wearing a blue jail uniform and her hands were cuffed in front of her.

Croslin was escorted to a dock extending into the river and spent about 15 minutes there, said Rick Ryan, chief of staff of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

"We took her out there," Ryan said. "She was taken to the search scene and then back to the jail in St. Johns County."

Ryan declined to say why Croslin was brought to the site or whether she provided information that was helpful.

"I'm not going to discuss any investigative details," he said.

Haleigh was 5 years old when she was reported missing by Croslin in a 911 phone call at 3:27 a.m. on Feb. 10, 2009, and no trace of the kindergartner was been found. The call triggered days of massive searching led by the Putnam sheriff's office with help from several neighboring counties, as well as officers from state and federal agencies.

This intense reaction by law enforcement hasn't been demonstrated since - until Tuesday, when some 50 officers took control of the Shell Harbour boat ramp.

Other developments:

n Divers and others resumed combing the river bottom and shores in what a sheriff's spokesman termed "a meticulous search for physical evidence." The work was halted at sunset on Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

n Joe Overstreet of Antioch, Tenn., a cousin of Misty Croslin, was questioned by Putnam County and Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigators who flew to Tennessee on Tuesday.

n Teresa Neves, Haleigh's paternal grandmother, in a television interview accused Misty Croslin of withholding information from police.

n The forensic laboratory at the University of Florida sent a truck to Satsuma on Wednesday to collect items collected by divers.

This week's search was prompted by a tip investigators received on Monday, said Lt. Johnny Greenwood, a spokesman for the Putnam sheriff's office.

Meanwhile, speculation has swirled throughout the community that the tip stated Haleigh was dead and implicated Overstreet and Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., who is Misty's older brother.

Putnam investigators repeatedly have said they believed Misty Croslin withheld key information about what happened to Haleigh. Her lawyer has said recently that she was cooperating and the focus of the case had shifted.

Tuesday night marked the third time Overstreet was interviewed, according to his attorney, Shawn Sirgo.

In a telephone interview Wednesday, Sirgo told the Daily News that investigators' questions were designed to "clarify and verify."

"You have people from Florida that keep changing their story and the more they change their story the more some people who should know better just constantly take advantage of Joseph's non-response to anything," Sirgo said.

Asked if he was referring to Misty Croslin's inconsistent stories, he replied, "The people that are under investigation for this child, yes."

Sirgo vouched for his client.

"Joe says he has nothing to do with it and I believe Joseph," Sirgo said.

On Wednesday, Overstreet, 20, held a press conference in his lawyer's office in Nashville.

Overstreet, who was in Putnam County at the time Haleigh was reported missing, has not been charged with any crime and said he doesn't what happened to the child.

"If I knew who did it, I would go straight and call the cops and tell them who did it," he said.

Also Wednesday, the sheriff's office said reports on television and elsewhere that a suspect was in custody in connection with the Haleigh case were wrong.

"There is currently no one in law enforcement custody as the result of the investigation into Haleigh Cummings' disappearance," Greenwood said in a statement issued Wednesday afternoon.

The flurry of activity returned Putnam County to the national spotlight as commentators on cable television programs focused their speculation and opinions on the local missing child case.

In the months following Haleigh's disappearance, the case took many twists and turns.

Croslin told deputies she put Haleigh to bed just after 8 p.m. before she went to bed herself a couple hours later. Croslin said she awoke around 3 a.m. to use the restroom when she noticed the kitchen light on, the door propped open with a cinder block and Haleigh gone.

Haleigh's father, 26-year-old Ronald Cummings, was returning from his night-shift at PDM Bridge in Palatka shortly after Haleigh was discovered missing. His voice is heard franticly in the 911 call.

Two camps were set up in the neighborhood to house the maternal and paternal sides of Haleigh's family. For more than a month, tents remained aglow with hundreds of candles used in nightly vigils while national media spotlighted the child's disappearance.

A month later, Croslin and Cummings married at a relative's house in Welaka.

Authorities named Croslin - briefly known as Misty Cummings - the key to the investigation after she delivered numerous inconsistencies in her account of what took place between 10 p.m. and 3 a.m. the evening Haleigh disappeared.

After seven months, Cummings divorced Croslin, citing public scrutiny.

In January, Cummings, Croslin, her brother Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., Cummings' cousin, Hope Sykes and a former Equusearch volunteer Donna Brock were arrested following a month-long narcotics investigation into the trafficking of prescription pills.

Croslin's bond remains at $1.5 million and Cummings' bond at $900,000.

All remain behind bars.

Staff writer Kristin Chambers contributed to this report.

lsullivan@palatkadailynews.com

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/04/15/news/news01.txt

Heart
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.