May 14, 2024, 09:32:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #40 1/01/11 - 1/18/11  (Read 201404 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #340 on: January 04, 2011, 12:41:10 AM »

This is a tough case for any judge. I wouldn't want to have to decide it.

With the judge's staff giving up to 3 months out to re-schedule the hearing - maybe it's the judges hope that Stanton will have made some decisions by that time, one way or the other.

I wonder "how" this postponement came about?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #341 on: January 04, 2011, 12:52:51 AM »

Well, since the judge retired I imagine all his cases have to be postponed.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #342 on: January 04, 2011, 12:59:26 AM »

Well, since the judge retired I imagine all his cases have to be postponed.

The judge retired?

Did it say that in the press article?

I've missed something, please let me know more.  TIA

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #343 on: January 04, 2011, 01:16:54 AM »

It may have been the kgw article? But he did retire, he apparently decided in November and they just appointed a new judge.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #344 on: January 04, 2011, 01:16:59 AM »

I find it interesting that it was Carol Moulton who was giving details in Kyron's disappearance early on. I had forgotten about this. If it was Kaine's wish for the family to keep mum early on, I wonder who gave Carol Moulton the green light.

Details emerge about the day Kyron Horman turned up missing
Published: Saturday, June 05, 2010, 11:21 PM
Updated: Thursday, July 15, 2010, 2:43 PM
By Lynne Terry, The Oregonian

<snipped>

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

++++++

I don't know but Terri's father also gave an interview to People Magazine.

Janet

++++++

Terri Moulton Horman Main Suspect in Kyron Horman disappearance
June 26, 2010

Under a portrait of the family is a quote from Terri Horman's father: "She's trying to be as cooperative as she can ... I guess they think she's going to break." ...

Terri Horman's father said "the finger points back at stepmoms.  She's trying to be cooperative." And he describes his daughter – a former teacher – as being "really good with kids."

But when People's interviewer asked if Moulton thinks his daughter will be arrested, the article quotes him with this response: "I think it's 50-50."

http://www.katu.com/news/97276254.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #345 on: January 04, 2011, 01:17:36 AM »

Well, I had not heard this.  This case is a case like none other before the family court in Oregon.  Wonder why the Judge whose case it was, would retire before the case was over?

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-243078592.html

Article: GOVERNOR ANNOUNCES MULTNOMAH COUNTY CIRCUIT COURT VACANCY; JUDGE MEISENHEIMER WILL RETIRE FROM MULTNOMAH COUNTY CIRCUIT BENCH.

SALEM, Ore. -- The following information was released by the office of the governor of Oregon:

Due to the retirement of Judge Keith Meisenheimer, Governor Ted Kulongoski announced today he is accepting applications for the Multnomah County Circuit Court.

The Governor thanked Judge Meisenheimer for his service to Multnomah County and said he will fill the position by appointment. Judge Meisenheimer's retirement takes effect on January 1, 2011.

Anyone interested in filling the position must submit a letter of interest and resume to the Governor's office by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, December 10. Due to the expedited nature of this process, candidates are not …

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #346 on: January 04, 2011, 01:27:00 AM »

http://governor.oregon.gov/Gov/P2010/press_122110.shtml

Press Release   

December 21, 2010

Governor announces appointment to Multnomah County Circuit Court

(Salem) - Governor Ted Kulongoski today announced that he is appointing Kathryn Villa-Smith to the Multnomah County Circuit Court.  Judge Villa-Smith will fill the vacancy created by the retirement of Judge Keith Meisenheimer on January 1, 2011.

Villa-Smith received her JD from Lewis & Clark Law School in 1982 and holds an undergraduate degree from New Mexico State University.  Currently a shareholder at the firm of Gevurtz, Menashe, Larson & Howe, P.C., Villa-Smith has practiced domestic relations law for more than 16 years.  Villa-Smith has prior experience as a Deputy District Attorney in the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office.

Villa-Smith serves on the board of the St. Andrew Legal Clinic and the Multnomah Bar Foundation.  She has also served as a Pro Tem Judge for Clackamas County and Multnomah County Circuit Courts.

“Ms. Villa-Smith will bring an extensive knowledge of both domestic relations and juvenile law to the court,” said Governor Kulongoski. “Her respect for people of all backgrounds and tireless work ethic will make her an extraordinary judge.”

bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #347 on: January 04, 2011, 01:27:48 AM »

Maybe that is why he decided to retire...he didn't want to have to deal with what may be a precedent-setting case. I hope the new judge can handle it. It really is a tough call, regarding rights.
shy-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #348 on: January 04, 2011, 01:28:49 AM »

I still can't wrap my head around how TH could be so stupid to sext with a friend of KH when her computer and phones would be of interest to LE to find out what happened to Kyron.

Or to complain about Kyron and Kaine right before Kyron goes missing! Even if Terri is innocent, (which I highly doubt), the sexting sort of fits in with her personality. It is all about her and her needs. If she was really sick and tired of Kyron, his going missing may not have rocked her world. Therefore, the texting would not be a big deal for her. She wanted to nab Kitty out of daycare, so why not sexually manipulate Michael Cook to help her? What would be really ironic, is if Terri is not guilty of this and her horrible behavior and indifference to her step-son being missing is what lands her in jail. She certainly has not acted like a grieving parent of ANY kind. Maybe she just does not have it in her.

One thing about the texts is clear to me, Terri sounded so desperate for this man to like her. I mean she pulled out all of the stops to get to him. I wrote I felt almost embarrassed for her obvious lack of self worth. MC is no prize, no offense but he isn't. She knew it was Kaines friend so was she trying to get back at Kaine by going after his friend. Did she know that Kaine would learn of the sexts and that was a goal of hers? I would bet she was pretty pissed off at Kaine for taking the baby, by "causing" all of this trouble for her, was she trying to get back at him.

She wasn't thinking, which is what bothers me. I wonder if she is on and off some sort of medication? If she is so ingenius that she found a way to kidnap her step-son and get away with it so far, how come she was not smart enough to figure out that sexting to her husbands high school friend is not a good idea so shortly after her step-son disappeared?

She had said something about Dede just brought her a drink, maybe she was drunk...I will say though, they are going to have to prove the texts were written by Terri. I would gather from the pics, lol, they could prove parts of her where there, lol. OMG sorry but those texts were crazy! I think I am blushing right now!

BBM

LE knows Terri sent the texts. Her lawyers are not disputing that she sent them. That means it's pretty iron-clad evidence, especially with the photos, and LE can allow Kaine to use them in his divorce case because Terri can't dispute them being hers. What she didn't like was the fact that Kaine's divorce lawyer used them to show what Terri was doing while her daughter was taken away, her husband left her, and her stepson was missing.The real Terri was exposed....in more ways than one.

She was after MC because she needed a replacement for Kaine's financial support. Terri wanted MC to continue to fund her lifestyle. She put him on the fast track plan.

WE know NONE of that as fact, it's supposition and speculation as to what Terri thinks and NOT one person here knows what that is. I do think (again speculating) that she did it knowing Kaine would find out, and I don't think she choose MC as a permanent replacement and can't recall what he even did for a living, but from the last affadavit we found K earned around 90m in 02 IIRC.......sadly in specific parts of the county that is not enough to live on, for instance San Diego vs podunk, Ohio.

I think Terri was pathetic and needy, and it was IMO like a cry for attn "someone pay attn to me", "someone love me, think I am attractive" etc., I have known ppl like that and their self worth and any self esteem is usually the lowest of the low.

It's been reading articles like this

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/terri_horman.html

that have made me think that she cares about nothing other than herself and what she wants that minute. She's left a trail of men, that failed at making her feel pretty and important. It's always said to be their fault, followed by a list of her needs that they failed to meet. She seems to have no clue that she's the common denominator here and all the moving on in the world isn't going to fix that problem . Even with her oldest son, she had him with Tarver, chucks him to the side, gets with Eckard. has him adopt him, chucks Eckard, except for his child support payment and drops her son back off with Tarver. Most parents at least would have enough sense to not toss their own kids around, placing them with whatever dad makes their own life easier.

Even TH's comments, about losing custody of Kiara, were all about what not seeing Kiara was doing to her, never comments about hoping Kiara gets put down with the right blanket or rocked etc

In my opinion that speaks volumes for TH's character, but I'm basing it off my own experience, maybe I'm not the norm. A couple of my kids were premies and had to be left in the hospital when I was released and yes it sucked for me but my thoughts and voiced concerns were truly over my babies. With one of them my husband worked graveyard so I couldn't go to the hospital for the 3am feeding and I too was upset over being seperated, I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, but still the only things that crossed my mind were "what if's" like what if she thinks I've abandoned her, what if she's scared, what if they don't have time to rock her etc.

There was a show on Snapped before where an adopted daughter killed her mom. She ended up getting a second trial and at that one her birthmother testified and she had an extensive mental health history, said to be hereditary. I'm not saying that's the case her but I sure can't help but wonder.

I have no doubt she looks to others to fulfill her needs and I can see exactly where you are coming from, I too had a micropreemie grandson born at 23 weeks last yr who passed away after an eleven week battle to live, and being at the hospital several times a day, working full time, and taking my son to and from every practice and baseball game yet still feeling like you abandonded them was gut wrenching and the what if's unimaginable. I have considered the hereditary factor too.......so many what if's

11 weeks, how sad. That's exactly how it is leaving a baby too.

I found the case I mentioned, it was Nikki Reynolds

http://www.oxygen.com/tvshows/snapped/photos/episode11.aspx

I hate throwing a label on adoptees in general, because I think adoptees like Nikki are the minority, but still think maybe being educated on potential issues like reactive attachment disorder, might hekp the next one.   
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #349 on: January 04, 2011, 01:31:00 AM »

Judge Kathryn L. Villa-Smith
http://www.gevurtzmenashe.com/showattorney.asp?Show=27

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #350 on: January 04, 2011, 03:07:18 AM »

They knew the judge was leaving, why didn't they figure this out.

I think this is good luck for Kaine though because I cannot see a judge keeping Kiara and Terri apart. Terri has not been charged with anything, there is no legal reason she should be denied visitation. A court cannot disallow parenting time based on suspicion, nor should they for that matter.

They need to charge Terri or get off the pot I think. This cannot go on forever like this.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #351 on: January 04, 2011, 03:31:33 AM »

This one line stood out to me because this is how Terri's divorce attorney  has been trying to settle this whole thing, through mediation.

"Kathryn is a strong advocate for resolving cases through the mediation process."

I wonder how she is going to feel about Kaines side not wanting to use mediation? Will she understand their reasons or will it be a knock on them for not trying to work it out for the sake of the child. Many family court judges feel the parents should try at least to come to an agreement, seems this judge is one of them.  Kaines side has not responded to requests per Terri's lawyers. I hope it doesn't back fire on him. I have been to family court, it is not an easy battle. Terri has not been charged with anything, she could find sympathy for Terri being restricted from her daughter and the daughter from her mother.   
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #352 on: January 04, 2011, 03:33:07 AM »

I didn't mean to contradict myself, lol. My first post is referring to the delay in the case and the 2nd was in response to the Judge who will be taking over the case.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #353 on: January 04, 2011, 11:32:41 AM »

I finally got up the nerve to read the sexts between Terri and Mike Cook. I did not bring the link as I am not sure that its content would be allowed here. What really stood out to me in the texts is that Terri admitted that she had been over to see Mike Cook one night and she did not want her Attorney or DEDE to know about it. Why would she not want DeDe to know?
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #354 on: January 04, 2011, 11:34:08 AM »

They knew the judge was leaving, why didn't they figure this out.

I think this is good luck for Kaine though because I cannot see a judge keeping Kiara and Terri apart. Terri has not been charged with anything, there is no legal reason she should be denied visitation. A court cannot disallow parenting time based on suspicion, nor should they for that matter.

They need to charge Terri or get off the pot I think. This cannot go on forever like this.

Hi Tracygirl,
I sure the heck would not want to be the judge on this case. I wonder if the retirement was taken early because of this case? I feel bad for the judge taking over. What a mess!
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #355 on: January 04, 2011, 12:18:23 PM »

It seems to me with the judge retiring and a new one taking over, there will be delays. This may work in favor of giving the criminal investigation more time.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #356 on: January 04, 2011, 12:49:40 PM »

I wonder how old the retiring judge is?  Also wonder if his decision is, in anyway, related to the comment Stanton made about things that will shock and surprise and things LE wishes they didn't know?
Maybe I am reading something into a simple decision to retire?
Tol
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #357 on: January 04, 2011, 12:53:58 PM »

I wonder how old the retiring judge is?  Also wonder if his decision is, in anyway, related to the comment Stanton made about things that will shock and surprise and things LE wishes they didn't know?
Maybe I am reading something into a simple decision to retire?
Tol
Judge Keith Meisenheimer, Multnomah County Circuit Court

Judge Keith Meisenheimer was appointed by Governor John Kitzhaber to replace Judge Thomas Moultrie. He came to the bench in 1999 with a long professional history of public service. Much of that service has been devoted to the protection of children who have been victims of abuse.

He grew up in Berkeley, California, with four siblings. He admits to having worked more on his basketball than classes at school, but the potential career with the UC Bears and Golden State was cut short by an auto accident in his early high school years. His alternative recreation as a high school student in 1964 was to debate with members of the free speech movement based on his then held Young Republican views. He graduated from UCLA in 1970 with a baccalaureate in Political Science. Graduation was followed by a move to Lake Tahoe and work as a carpenter. Ultimately, his draft board had other plans, however.          (high school in 1964 so he must be in his sixties
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #358 on: January 04, 2011, 01:02:31 PM »

Thanks, NRCG!
See, I am seeing shadows everywhere.  His retirement is perfectly understandable.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #359 on: January 04, 2011, 02:38:31 PM »

Well, I had not heard this.  This case is a case like none other before the family court in Oregon.  Wonder why the Judge whose case it was, would retire before the case was over?

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-243078592.html

Article: GOVERNOR ANNOUNCES MULTNOMAH COUNTY CIRCUIT COURT VACANCY; JUDGE MEISENHEIMER WILL RETIRE FROM MULTNOMAH COUNTY CIRCUIT BENCH.

SALEM, Ore. -- The following information was released by the office of the governor of Oregon:

Due to the retirement of Judge Keith Meisenheimer, Governor Ted Kulongoski announced today he is accepting applications for the Multnomah County Circuit Court.

The Governor thanked Judge Meisenheimer for his service to Multnomah County and said he will fill the position by appointment. Judge Meisenheimer's retirement takes effect on January 1, 2011.

Anyone interested in filling the position must submit a letter of interest and resume to the Governor's office by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, December 10. Due to the expedited nature of this process, candidates are not …

Something is hinky about this sudden retirement.  It makes sense that prior to Judge Meisenheimer leaving the bench another judge would have been selected to take over his position ... another judge who had been at the very least briefed on the cases in progress.  IMO

When I took an early retirement package from my place of employment a little over five years ... I spend one month training my replacement who would take over my "clerk" position in a telecommunication warehouse.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.