May 15, 2024, 09:08:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 354560 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #620 on: January 06, 2010, 12:10:58 AM »

From the bankruptcy documents, the van is a 2005 Chrysler Town & Country, if it is the same van as they had then.

I have a few captures of Josh and his Mom getting into the van with the boys (in the pb album) and I also am saving the capture from the vid linked here, TY Northern Rose.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Susan%20Powell/

Here is a generic 2005 Chrysler Town & Country:

From the link above:

Thanks Klaas

I cannot comprehend why Capt. Tom McLachlan of the West Valley City Police did not do a media blitz on the the week of December 7, 2009 in regards to the van and rental vehicle that Josh Powell was driving.  Images and descriptions of the vehicles as well as an image of Josh may have gone a long way toward generating tips from the public.  Maybe justice for Susan Powell would now be taking its course.

Janet 

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #621 on: January 06, 2010, 12:28:57 AM »

Thanks Blink for the article, I had not thought about water, didn't enter my mind, I just assumed the bodies of water would have been frozen due to the temperatures.

The Great Salt Lake (west of the Salt Lake valley, via I80 westbound toward Nevada) never freezes due to its composition.  It is also a massive body of water.  Conversely, it is not very deep at all, and bouyancy levels are extremely high.  Unless weighted, a body would float from the onset.

One more thought on bodies of water in Utah.

Utah Lake and the Great Salt Lake pretty well cover the possibilities along the Wasatch Front (with the addition of Willard Bay, North of the Salt Lake Valley).

Any lakes to the East and further North would have been mostly frozen at that point, if not completely frozen.

Some (to the East, up in the Wasatch Mountains) where people have either capzised on boats or been lost swimming - bodies of which have never been found:

Strawberry Reservoir
Deer Creek Reservoir
Starvation Reservoir
Thanks to all the above, very informative and gives us a lot to ponder.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #622 on: January 06, 2010, 12:32:48 AM »

I cannot comprehend why Capt. Tom McLachlan of the West Valley City Police did not do a media blitz on the the week of December 7, 2009 in regards to the van and rental vehicle that Josh Powell was driving.  Images and descriptions of the vehicles as well as an image of Josh may have gone a long way toward generating tips from the public.  Maybe justice for Susan Powell would now be taking its course.

i think as far as LE and the law if you dont have evidence of a crime involving said vehicle ect.
they cant look for it publicly/ as in we know they are looking, and would jeopardize the case maybe, not sure just a guess

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #623 on: January 06, 2010, 12:36:57 AM »

i think as far as LE and the law if you dont have evidence of a crime involving said vehicle ect.
they cant look for it publicly/ as in we know they are looking, and would jeopardize the case maybe, not sure just a guess
cw, I think you're right.  I have a feeling this will be resolved sooner rather than later.  In the meantime, LE is doing more than we know and will not break the law to break this POS (sorry, that' what I think he is).

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #624 on: January 06, 2010, 02:19:06 AM »

When someone you love goes missing . . . the last thing you want to do is give up hope.  Reality comes soon enough, but for today, let there be a ray of hope to hang on to.  Are they in denial, probably.  But to call them "groupies" or allude to raising awareness as "hinky" is unkind, to say the least.
I helped search for "a live" Sarah Foxwell, even though in my heart I knew she would not be found alive.  A groupie, hinky . . . until you've mudded your own boots, kindly give Susan's family and friends some respect.  Their darkness will come soon enough and that's a living hell I wouldn't wish on anyone.

So true, thank you Sister. 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #625 on: January 06, 2010, 07:58:55 AM »

Thanks Blink for the article, I had not thought about water, didn't enter my mind, I just assumed the bodies of water would have been frozen due to the temperatures.

I think many have. So did I until I did the research. There are 2 hotsprings that feed into Utah lake, and even still, in the regular "launches or inlets" it does not freeze solid. Although enough to keep a body hidden for a while based on where she potentially is, perhaps. Comes back to the generator for me. What type and size?

I do believe this is a viable location for Susan, but I look at it this way, absent evidence of her being somewhere else, for now, running aerials in these areas should be standard. This water could be low enough for certain equipment to pick up anomaly.

I mentioned 'bodies of water' back on 12/20. I wondered if they were frozen over at the time or if the salt would inhibit freezing
 Reply #357 on: December 20, 2009
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6666.msg1040561#msg1040561

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #626 on: January 06, 2010, 08:15:05 AM »

I think many have. So did I until I did the research. There are 2 hotsprings that feed into Utah lake, and even still, in the regular "launches or inlets" it does not freeze solid. Although enough to keep a body hidden for a while based on where she potentially is, perhaps. Comes back to the generator for me. What type and size?

I do believe this is a viable location for Susan, but I look at it this way, absent evidence of her being somewhere else, for now, running aerials in these areas should be standard. This water could be low enough for certain equipment to pick up anomaly.

I mentioned 'bodies of water' back on 12/20. I wondered if they were frozen over at the time or if the salt would inhibit freezing

Nut, Kennecott has very high security and is tightly controlled.  It would greatly surprise me if Josh could have gained access to their tailing ponds.  Especially at that time of year.  Everything to do with visitors is shut down on Oct 1, including all the back (canyon) roads to view the mine itself.  The snow levels being the main reason for such closures.

Even without the security, Josh's van (I don't think) is not 4 wheel drive - and he would have had a difficult time going up any canyon back roads that first week in December.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #627 on: January 06, 2010, 08:24:14 AM »

cw, I think you're right.  I have a feeling this will be resolved sooner rather than later.  In the meantime, LE is doing more than we know and will not break the law to break this POS (sorry, that' what I think he is).

I personally don't think she will be found until Spring - when the snow thaws.

Josh doesn't strike me as an intelligent or motivated person, and I think he drove somewhere and buried her in the snow.
Mary
Scared Monkey

« Reply #628 on: January 06, 2010, 08:42:46 AM »

Maybe I'm a little hinkey, but I'm worried about the welfare of the 2 boys. Who has got
custody of the kids, his parents? I feel that if LE starts closing in on Josh, that he will
do something to himself and the kids. He does does not look very stable to me. I think
child welfare should step in until this is cleared up. JMO
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #629 on: January 06, 2010, 08:47:36 AM »

Maybe I'm a little hinkey, but I'm worried about the welfare of the 2 boys. Who has got
custody of the kids, his parents? I feel that if LE starts closing in on Josh, that he will
do something to himself and the kids. He does does not look very stable to me. I think

I agree Mary.  I think Josh himself has custody of the boys.  I think Susan's family needs to petition child services to have them removed from Josh's care, at least temporarily.  He is, after all, a person of interest.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #630 on: January 06, 2010, 09:07:39 AM »

Exactly.
Refresh the public about the van description. Even at night someone may have seen something, but without the "look at this" trigger it will be forgotten.

So far, NOTHING has been said about the van driven by Josh to who-knows-where with 2 little kids. Gas stations or rest areas, fast food places... all those surveillance videos should have been checked. Too big a job? Well yeah, but it could show where he went. And therefore give a clur to where he put her.

I can't believe they let him go again in the rental car.

Well, if he really went West like he stated to LE, then it does reduce the area of surveillance cams to look at.  I don't know that I've seen what their address is?  Depending on how far west in West Valley they live, and if he really headed West, then cams out in Magna may have caught him.

Thinking along the lines of IF he went West - my money is on the Knolls sand dunes.  That would have been easy digging (even by hand - which might also explain the redness and chapped hands of his), and probably not a lot of snow to contend with.

Do we know - does the family have 4 wheelers and/or dirt bikes?
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #631 on: January 06, 2010, 09:30:58 AM »

This is my gut feeling on the route they need to look at surveillance cams

Driving directions to Knolls, UT
74.9 mi – about 1 hour 25 mins
Suggested routes

6254 W 3945 S West Valley City, UT 84128 

1. Head northwest on W 3940 S/Bridle Farms Rd toward S 6775 W  0.1 mi
2. Continue onto W 3870 S/S 3910 W/Copperhill Dr  0.5 mi
3. Turn right at S 7200 W  0.6 mi
4. Turn left at W 3500 S  1.0 mi
5. Turn right at S 8000 W  1.5 mi
6. Turn left at W 2400 S/UT-201 W  4.4 mi
7. Turn right at UT-202 N  1.8 mi
8. Turn left to merge onto I-80 W toward Elko  62.7 mi
9. Take exit 41 toward Knolls  0.2 mi
10. Turn left  1.9 mi

Knolls, UT
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #632 on: January 06, 2010, 10:37:21 AM »

I agree Mary.  I think Josh himself has custody of the boys.  I think Susan's family needs to petition child services to have them removed from Josh's care, at least temporarily.  He is, after all, a person of interest.

I think most of us will agree with that!!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #633 on: January 06, 2010, 11:18:01 AM »

Take the boys away from him !! He will destabilize.. He will break down..
The boys were his reason and justification..
Take them away and he will BLOW..
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #634 on: January 06, 2010, 11:27:29 AM »

I agree.  He now has what he wanted so why would he talk now.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #635 on: January 06, 2010, 11:37:56 AM »

I agree Edward.

Janet

++++++++

I afford Susan's father a pass for flip flopping. He is between a rock and a hard place. If Josh is not held accountable for what happened to his precious daughter ... if the investigation is being influenced by outside entities on Josh's behalf ... this man's future relationship with his grandkids is in the balance.

<snipped>

The friends and family of Susan Powell have done a flip flop when their past hardline position on the talk show circuit are considered ... past hardline position regarding the huge red flags that appear to implicate Josh Powell.  WHY?

Whatever the dynamics are behind the scenes that appears to be influencing the investigation ... my heart goes out to Susan Powell's parents.  Yesterday on the Today Show  ... Charles Cox looked like a broken man.

Janet

+++++

Susan Powell Case: A Missing Mother from Utah Remains a Mystery
January 03, 2010

Susan's father and one of her best friends were on the Today show to discuss the case. Her father expressed that he doesn't like the way that Josh has been treated.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2550925/susan_powell_case_a_missing_mother.html?cat=8

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #636 on: January 06, 2010, 01:05:07 PM »

cw618

I do not know the legal implications although a friend in our local LE indicated to me yesterday morning that he could not comprehend why Utah LE did not put out an immediate public alert on these two vehicles in regards to sightings.

However ... I do know that a 28 year old mother was missing and ... there were huge red flags implying the last person who drove those vehicles may have been involved in the disappearance.  Josh Powell's story did not make sense and ... he lawyered up following one interview.  I would have assumed that locating a missing Susan Powell would be the priority concern of LE.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #637 on: January 06, 2010, 03:07:32 PM »

I'm even wondering if Kiirsi was told by LE what to say, some kind of strategy of some kind. She has flip flopped.

You and I are are on the same page on this one no rose colored glasses.  I believe the strategy could possibly involves another entity besides the Utah LE.

Janet

++++++

KIIRSI HELLEWELL - DECEMBER 14, 2009

Husband of Missing Mom Susan Powell Lawyers Up
Susan Powell, 28, Feared Dead After Disappearing Dec. 7
December 14, 2009

"She's been gone for an entire week. I don't believe there can be any, very much hope left," a tearful Kiirsi Hellewell, Powell's best friend, told ABC News. "I'm trying to stay busy and not think about it. But I don't see how there's any way she can still be alive." ...

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/susan-powell-missing-utah-mom-missing-week/story?id=9326774

KIIRSI HELLEWELL - DECEMBER 14, 2009

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Is Missing Woman`s Husband Stonewalling?
Aired December 15, 2009 - 19:00:00   ET

HELLEWELL: It`s absolutely unexplainable. I cannot understand it, and I know everybody is having a hard time believing it. I am myself having a hard time believing it, even though I`m Josh`s friend and I want to stand by him.

He has been known to I know go camping. And they always do sleep in their van. I don`t think they have a tent. They have gone camping three or four times this summer, and it has been a spur of the moment thing, but always on a Saturday morning, never at night, and never in the winter. So I cannot understand that.

Joshua Powell told police that he last saw his wife around 12:30 a.m. before he and the boys left for their trip and that she didn't go along because she was feeling sick.

Yet Hellewell said she talked to Susan Powell on Sunday and she wasn't sick.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0912/15/ijvm.01.html

KIIRSI HELLEWELL - DECEMBER 24, 2009

Susan Powell's best friend says recent reports could be damaging to investigation
Last Update: 12/24/2009 8:11 am

She told us she hopes the focus stays on bringing Susan back home to her two children because she says Susan's oldest son is starting to miss his mommy. Hellewell says, “I know that he doesn't understand why she's gone, somebody whose always been there for him, for every step of his life.”

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/story/Susan-Powells-best-friend-says-recent-reports/MBlD-1qZiU6rVNfZLj874A.cspx

_____

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #638 on: January 06, 2010, 07:54:08 PM »

The levels of Utah Lake are always low - comparatively.  It is not at all a deep lake, by any means.

Blink, have you thought at all of the possibility that his red, chapped hands were the result of a chemical used in the carpet cleaner found in the home?  Or possibly a mild case of frostbite?

I have. I addressed it on the blinksite. It is possible, but there was no bleach smell in the home and a steamer was found in recent use. I think it is likely it came from exposure- possible pre-frostbite from water submersion in those temps.

The levels of Utah lake are between 8 and 14 feet, with an average of 9, with 2-3 hotsprings feeding into it.
I agree a body would need to be in a container or weighted.
B
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #639 on: January 06, 2010, 08:00:01 PM »

Good intuition Nutt, as always.

I picked Utah Lake for a variety of reasons, but not the least of which, access, warm springs feeding into it, and a parking area where he could maintain visual contact. I truly believe he freaked, and did his business, and hoped for the best.

Nothing more.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.