May 02, 2024, 02:24:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lisa Irwin #3 10/17/11 - 10/21/11  (Read 548515 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: October 18, 2011, 05:04:00 PM »

Capt. Steve Young commenting on the increased police presence
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 4:00 PM

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1bAYtMQ1c

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #321 on: October 18, 2011, 05:04:24 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/18/high-profile-attorney-in-case-missing-missouri-girl-refuses-to-divulge-fee/
High-Profile Attorney in Case of Missing Missouri Girl Refuses to Say Who's Paying Legal Tab
October 18, 2011

A high-profile attorney, with offices in New York and Italy who is now representing a Missouri couple searching for their missing 10-month-old daughter, is refusing to divulge who is paying for his services while insisting his clients are innocent of any wrongdoing.

Joe Tacopina, a former New York City prosecutor who represented the prime suspect in Natalee Holloway's disappearance in Aruba, confirmed to FoxNews.com early Tuesday that he is not working pro bono while representing Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin in the search for Lisa Irwin, who has been missing since Oct. 4.
 ::snipping2::
Tacopina declined to indicate how much he is being paid or by whom, but stressed that the Missouri couple -- who recently told Fox News they could not afford to pay their cellphone bills -- are cooperating with authorities in the case and are innocent of any wrongdoing.

"This is a mother's worst nightmare," Tacopina told a reporter following an appearance on Fox News. "There is absolutely no evidence pointing to their guilt."

Tacopina -- who has also represented late pop icon Michael Jackson, actor Lillo Brancato and an NYPD cop acquitted of raping a fashion executive -- traveled to Kansas City, Mo., on Monday to meet with Bradley and Irwin.

"In my mind, there is no question they had nothing to do with the
Tacopina was joined by private investigator Bill Stanton during his appearance on Fox News. Stanton reiterated that a $100,000 reward for information leading to the girl or to a conviction remains in place. He also declined to indicate who is paying for his services.

Deborah Bradley's cousin, Michael Larette, has said that he and Lisa's parents chose Tacopina because he came highly recommended by several people, including Stanton, a New York-based private investigator who has been working with Bradley's family.
Authorities and FBI officials launched new searches for the girl on Monday, including the drainage of a nearby creek. Investigators also brought tracking dogs to the yard of the home where the girl's parents have been staying since she was reported missing.

Sean O'Brien, associate professor of law at University of Missouri-Kansas City, said it was difficult to read anything into Bradley's remarks about her drinking or about what police told her. But he said it was wise for the parents to hire a lawyer, and they likely should have done so earlier given what Bradley has said about police accusing her of being involved in the baby's disappearance.

"When the questioning becomes accusatory ... it's time to shut up and lawyer up," O'Brien said.

But O'Brien said that police remain the family's "best hope" of finding the baby, so Bradley would want to continue cooperating.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: October 18, 2011, 05:04:48 PM »

Capt. Steve Young, commenting on the Manhattan sighting: One of many leads they are checking out
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 4:01 PM

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1bAZ7XXSv

Capt. Steve Young: No tips have panned out
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 4:00 PM

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1bAYxl6uw

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #323 on: October 18, 2011, 05:07:37 PM »

Capt. Steve Young: Search along Brighton was just "another tip that didn't pan out."
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 4:03 PM

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1bAZdBtyc

~ Peter Frampton
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #324 on: October 18, 2011, 05:08:32 PM »

http://www.kmbc.com/news/29520615/detail.html

[ex]The Kansas Highway Patrol officials said Riley County police asked them to put out an alert about a small black car with Missouri tags with two women and a baby inside.

According to the Highway Patrol, the women were seen at a McAlister's Deli at 421 Tuttle Creek Blvd. on Tuesday. Investigators said the women were in a booth at the restaurant and left without eating their meals after people took notice of them.[/ex]

Oh please let this be Lisa!!!

~ fanta

Would you go out with a stolen baby whose face is all over TV, newspapers, Billboards... if you live in the same town as the baby?

These two women probably freaked out when employees or other people started staring at them.

I would've walked out too.

If I didn't do anything wrong  I would have stayed

Joseph Duncan
wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #325 on: October 18, 2011, 05:09:04 PM »

From KCPD: Officers are searching the area near 210 Hwy and N Brighton. A no fly zone has been put in effect until 8 p.m.

by Karen Yancey/Staff 4:20 PM

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1bAPDBxTX

How far is this from the Irwin home?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: October 18, 2011, 05:11:26 PM »

http://twitter.com/#!/PeterAlexander
PeterAlexander Peter Alexander
#KansasCity police: Investigators again find nothing at wooded area search. Fourth time at this location.
2 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/heycameraman

Heycameraman HC
KCMO PD Capt Steve Young: 'promising lead they we developed turns out to be nothing' #lisairwin
4 minutes ago

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: October 18, 2011, 05:16:49 PM »

We have taken the live stream down, NewsChopper 9 has left the area
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 4:13 PM

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1bAc836nn

~ Peter Frampton
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #328 on: October 18, 2011, 05:17:12 PM »

All of these leads leading nowhere...
Sitings in CA, @ a kansas deli, possible they sold the baby.
And yes, Jeremy reminds me of Aron Levy...I couldn't put my finger on it until it was mentioned a few pages back.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Miss Lacey
Scared Monkey

Lacey 1994-2009

« Reply #329 on: October 18, 2011, 05:18:46 PM »

I haven't posted for a long time but I just can't stay quiet in this case. I live in Kansas City and I am disgusted that Taco has now become part of this mess. This clown always appears when he sees a chance for publicity. How does he live with himself, knowing that he defended Joran van der Sloot's "innocence", which Joran repaid by murdering another innocent girl? If I thought there was even a slight chance the parents really didn't know anything before, there is zero chance now. These parents know a lot more than they are sharing if they need the services of a high profile criminal defense attorney. Kansas City should not be at the center of this three ring circus. This baby needs to be found and THAT'S what's important right now. KC is a great place but having Taco here makes me feel dirty somehow.  Sad

Yes, Alonzo Washington inserts himself into every KCMO crime, and the local news always gives him the attention he seems to crave.
And let's not forget that self professed crime fighter ? Washington? Just have Baez show up and that circle of nuts will be complete, lol Smile
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #330 on: October 18, 2011, 05:20:58 PM »

walking along the roads I am getting .42 mile(Mapquest), easy even if drunk - I hate to confess that I walk the dog some wkend evenings with a buzz and tasty beverage in hand very late greater distances with my super duper big mag light of course...

last sighting - either Oct 2nd picture release of party?  unless neighbor has claimed to see her that night and we are not privy to that info?

1.  Could Lisa have met her demise sometime between the departure of the neighbour  and the return of Jeremy from work and then an inebriated Debbie immediately took her baby's body and disposed of her in the woods?  I could be wrong but ... I don't think so.

2.  If it is revealed that the neighbor saw or heard Lisa on the evening of October 3rd ... I will digress from my speculation that something bad happened sometime in the day/s prior to Jeremy's departure from the home on October 3rd for his first workplace night shift.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #331 on: October 18, 2011, 05:38:51 PM »

Knowing that Deborah had no car, and no assistance from her hubby... one has to ask... did she get a ride from someone to get rid of the body?

Did she walk?

... if she harmed her daughter, that is... we can't be 100% sure she did.

So, can anyone see Deborah drunk, most possibly blinded by tears, in the dark, walking in the woods carrying a child in her arms?

If she walked on the street, why did nobody report her? Someone reported a man with a baby, police discounted that account. Was this a male acquaintance of Deborah helping her get rid of the baby? If it was, we can assume the man had no car? Why was he walking?

A neighbor came out to let the dog out, reported nothing out of the ordinary.

How far could Deborah travel on foot, in her condition, get rid of the baby and return before her husband got home?

If she got a ride from Phillip, or one of her female friends, sooner or later these accomplices will spill the beans.

We can always include the hubby in the situation, but IF there is any involvement, it had to be right before 911 was called. So he couldn't have traveled far.

Of course, things could've happened before in the day and the father maybe got rid of the body on his way to work. However, I couldn't believe this by the smile on Deborah's face on the surveillance picture. No way her daughter could've been harmed before that trip to buy wine. Her face looks too happy. Okay, so maybe the happiness is the wine, but how can someone smile if something had happened to her baby?

MOO.

I think I actually agree with this.  I know there have been other cases where this turned out NOT to be the case...but for some reason, I don't see it with this one.  Could be wrong...but. 
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #332 on: October 18, 2011, 05:39:36 PM »

I see, Manhattan, Kansas is about 120 miles West of metro Kansas City, Missouri.

I figured they were close towns, but that's about a two hour drive.

I see why the two women were stared at, one has dark hair, the other "mousy" brown. Still, maybe the father is blonde.

"Kansas Highway Patrol officials said Riley County police asked them to put out an alert on a small black car with Missouri license plates with two women both in their 20s and a baby inside. According to the Kansas Highway Patrol, the women were seen at a McAlister's Deli around 1 p.m. but left after witnesses said people took notice of them. Troopers are still looking for the small black car."

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15721746/day-15-still-no-word-on-where-lisa-irwin-might-be

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #333 on: October 18, 2011, 05:41:44 PM »

walking along the roads I am getting .42 mile(Mapquest), easy even if drunk - I hate to confess that I walk the dog some wkend evenings with a buzz and tasty beverage in hand very late greater distances with my super duper big mag light of course...

last sighting - either Oct 2nd picture release of party?  unless neighbor has claimed to see her that night and we are not privy to that info?

1.  Could Lisa have met her demise sometime between the departure of the neighbour  and the return of Jeremy from work and then an inebriated Debbie immediately took her baby's body and disposed of her in the woods?  I could be wrong but ... I don't think so.

2.  If it is revealed that the neighbor saw or heard Lisa on the evening of October 3rd ... I will digress from my speculation that something bad happened sometime in the day/s prior to Jeremy's departure from the home on October 3rd for his first workplace night shift.

Whatever the situation, Deborah knows what happened... but she ain't telling.

wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #334 on: October 18, 2011, 05:42:00 PM »

I can't recall...did LE state that K9's were not able to pick up any scent at all?  If not, I would think that she wouldn't have been walking with baby into woods.  Wouldn't it make sense that if there is no scent that either:

1. she is still within the area of the home, or
2. had been put directly in a car when taken?

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: October 18, 2011, 05:48:43 PM »

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_missouri/northland/police-search-area-near-lisa-irwin%27s-home-again
Investigators again find nothing at wooded area near home of missing Lisa Irwin
Posted: 1:39 PM
Last Updated: 13 minutes ago

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - More than 20 investigators re-searched a large wooded area off North Brighton Avenue and 34th Terrace, near the home of missing Lisa Irwin. The Tuesday afternoon search prompted officials with the Federal Aviation Administration to initiate a no fly zone over the search area for a radius of 1.15077945 miles.

Capt. Steve Young with Kansas City police said the search of the area was due to a developed lead in the case. Around 4:15 p.m., Young said investigators found nothing in the area.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_missouri/northland/police-search-area-near-lisa-irwin%27s-home-again#ixzz1bAjzHsi8

~ Peter Frampton
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #336 on: October 18, 2011, 05:54:40 PM »

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-lisa-irwin-tacopina-irwin-attorney-returns-to-new-york-fbi-continues-searches-20111018,0,6724522.story
Irwin Attorney Returns To New York, FBI Continues Searches
October 18, 2011 3:25 CDT

KANSAS CITY—

FBI agents were searching an area again on Tuesday with some dogs in a wooded area off North Brighton Avenue and 34th Terrace. They said they were not acting on any one specific tip.
The area was declared a "no-fly zone."  Crime scene vans and canine units were also at the scene.
Lisa Irwin's parents left their home with a woman in a government vehicle Tuesday, after the woman met with them for a couple hours.

That meeting happening about noon at the house on North Walrond where Lisa's parents have been staying.  They left without speaking with the media.
The lawyer hired to represent baby Lisa's parents, Joe Tacopina, says he believes Lisa Irwin is still alive.  He says the parents are being cooperative, despite a Kansas City Police statement that the parents' "level of cooperation hasn't been what it needs to be do help find Lisa."

Tacopina returned to New York Monday night after his news conference with the parents.  He appeared on Fox and Friends Tuesday morning on the FOX News channel, along with consultant "Wild Bill" Stanton.
Video at Link

who would the BBM be?  Gov't car?  FBI?  Any guesses?
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #337 on: October 18, 2011, 06:00:55 PM »

Knowing that Deborah had no car, and no assistance from her hubby... one has to ask... did she get a ride from someone to get rid of the body?

Did she walk?

... if she harmed her daughter, that is... we can't be 100% sure she did.

So, can anyone see Deborah drunk, most possibly blinded by tears, in the dark, walking in the woods carrying a child in her arms?

If she walked on the street, why did nobody report her? Someone reported a man with a baby, police discounted that account. Was this a male acquaintance of Deborah helping her get rid of the baby? If it was, we can assume the man had no car? Why was he walking?

A neighbor came out to let the dog out, reported nothing out of the ordinary.

How far could Deborah travel on foot, in her condition, get rid of the baby and return before her husband got home?

If she got a ride from Phillip, or one of her female friends, sooner or later these accomplices will spill the beans.

We can always include the hubby in the situation, but IF there is any involvement, it had to be right before 911 was called. So he couldn't have traveled far.

Of course, things could've happened before in the day and the father maybe got rid of the body on his way to work. However, I couldn't believe this by the smile on Deborah's face on the surveillance picture. No way her daughter could've been harmed before that trip to buy wine. Her face looks too happy. Okay, so maybe the happiness is the wine, but how can someone smile if something had happened to her baby?

MOO.

I think I actually agree with this.  I know there have been other cases where this turned out NOT to be the case...but for some reason, I don't see it with this one.  Could be wrong...but. 

Ok, was VERY wied she said on national tv she was drunk.
What if she wasn't????
I don't think any of us have thought that.
What if the baby did die of an accidental overdose like one of us said earlier.
To me, this would make more sense IF the mom got rid of the body.

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #338 on: October 18, 2011, 06:02:56 PM »

http://twitter.com/#!/heycameraman
Heycameraman HC
@
@drfessel Public Information Officer
35 minutes ago
HC
Heycameraman HC
@
@BMKCMO 3620 N Lister.
39 minutes ago
HC
Heycameraman HC
Kcmo pio's on the scene of earlier FBI search on 3600 n Brighton. Hope to have info soon. #lisairwin
43 minutes ago
HC
Heycameraman HC
RT @KrisKetz #LisaIrwin Manhattan KS deli - scene of possible baby sighting. (photo from our Karen Yancey) post.ly/3cdHt
56 minutes ago
HC
Heycameraman HC
KCMO crime scene van now at the 3600 N Brighton search area. #lisairwin bit.ly/pe5en2
1 hour ago
HC
Heycameraman HC
Who's Who In the Lisa Irwin Case: A look at the major figures in the disappearance of #LisaIrwin. bit.ly/qF3GC6
1 hour ago
HC
Heycameraman HC
#FBI with search dogs getting ready to re-search woods Kcpd searched on Wednesday.. #lisairwin bit.ly/q8A3uy
4 hours ago

That is SO close to the river.....I am just now able to watch any news and I am almost sure someone mentioned this area and another dumpster fire, and how close it was to the river, now I am going to have to find it and get ready in 40 minutes....I pray they find Lisa today, this farce has gone on long enough 

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Aurelia7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #339 on: October 18, 2011, 06:04:36 PM »

I'm so glad the latest search did not result in a body found.  And I hope that those two ladies with a baby, I sure hope that's Lisa.  Wouldn't that be a great ending?

But, if it is her, would she be returned to her mother?  Would child services make a determination first to see if she is a fit parent?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.