May 21, 2024, 03:07:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #1 6/5/10 - 6/30/10  (Read 571112 times)
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #920 on: June 22, 2010, 12:16:17 PM »

I apolize if this has been already posted. Why was this done in other cases?

Police Seek Surveillance Video
As part of the investigation, the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office is requesting surveillance video from nearby storefronts, private homes, security cameras or any other surveillance recording from June 3 and June 4. They are specifically looking for video of vehicular traffic from the following locations (also see the two maps below):

Northwest Cornelius Pass Road
Northwest Germantown Road
Northwest Logie Trail Road
Northwest Rocky Point Road
Northwest Skyline Road
Northwest 185th Avenue
Northwest West Union Road
Northwest Springville Road
Bethany Boulevard
Northwest Springville Road
Northwest Newberry Road
Northwest McNamee Road
Highway 30 from Northwest Rock Point to Germantown Road
Northwest Kaiser Road
Northwest Thompson Road
Northwest Laidlaw Road

Anyone with video of those areas is asked to contact the sheriff's office tip line at (503) 261-2847. Leave your name, contact information and identify the specific location or street address of the video footage.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/96341619.html

Road cam's all over the place.  I wonder if CSI SM took this in account while traveling?

http://www.tripcheck.com/Pages/RCMap.asp?mainNav=RoadConditions&curRegion=16

Below the map shows details of where the cameras are located.
Thanks for the tripcheck link! The tripcheck cameras are very interesting. I wonder if the live feed is archived.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #921 on: June 22, 2010, 12:17:30 PM »

Try this one for TMH's FB pics

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1365626&id=1264414625&fbid=1489640002015#!/photo.php?pid=1365625&id=1264414625&fbid=1489639882012

Hmmm, not sure if that one will work either.  Try cutting and pasting the whole link.

Anyone notice in Kyron's picture with his project on the top left (torwards front of class room) there is a project set up with a green background. Now look at photo #32 on the facebook of a classmate with his project. (It is also on the green eyed tree frog) If this was taken that morning this would be another child who could vouch for Kyron and SM, right? I just never noticed this picture before of this other child.

There is also a man towards the back in the picture of the project by itself, they need to see who he is and when he was there.
It is hard to see, but it appears a man and a small girl, way in the back of the room. Wonder where all the other people were?
In the picture with the cute little classmate you can see a mans face on the far left corner.
Oops again, my bad,the brain is rusting up again Wink. It is in the picture of just Kyron's project on the top left corner, photo #31.
Using the "magnifier" in windows xp, it looks like a man in his 40's with a mustache/beard or both.
Thank-you. Just guessing but it is probably the father of the little girl, or maybe a teacher.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #922 on: June 22, 2010, 12:25:24 PM »

Comment by poster Yonkinator

Yonkinator

This child disappeared at a kid's science fair prior to class and, reportedly,the stepmom is the last to have seen him headed to his classroom. I'm betting that at least 25% of the parents that showed up for that event had video cameras. If the authorities were to ask for the videos that were take... more

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/21/oregon.missing.boy.letter/index.html

(I never thought of parents with video cameras or cell phone video's) DUH

I was so focused on digital camera photo's I totally forgot cell phone video's, etc. 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #923 on: June 22, 2010, 12:37:38 PM »

Hello everyone.  I have been following this case, but this is the first time I have caught up enough to post Smile
Thank you for all of the good discussion and links.
I haven't read yet if the mother had the 18month old with her at the science fair that day too or if the baby was with a babysitter.  Does anyone know?

I pray Kyron will be found safe and sound.

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #924 on: June 22, 2010, 12:43:01 PM »

Hello everyone.  I have been following this case, but this is the first time I have caught up enough to post Smile
Thank you for all of the good discussion and links.
I haven't read yet if the mother had the 18month old with her at the science fair that day too or if the baby was with a babysitter.  Does anyone know?

I pray Kyron will be found safe and sound.
Hi Love2Read!

I thought I read somewhere that the baby was with a friend so she could clean house and run errands. Glad to have you here! Smile

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #925 on: June 22, 2010, 12:44:13 PM »

A recap of some statements from the beginning ( bbm )

Gina Zimmerman, president of the school PTA, dropped by the Skyline search scene Saturday morning with her 8-year-old daughter Madi, who has been a classmate of Kyron for three years. 3 years you can get to know someone pretty well in that timeframe.
She said the K-8 school has about 300 students.  The principal, Ben Keefer, declined to comment Saturday. Declined to comment???

Zimmerman said she arrived at the school around 8:15 a.m. Friday, as most parents and students did, to attend the end-of-year science fair. Terri Horman took a photograph of Kyron in front of his project, Zimmerman said.  So she witnessed that Terri Horman was there.     
Zimmerman said everyone went into their classroom for the science fair and broke into parent-led groups of four or five. She wasn’t sure what group Kyron was in. but she said the last time she saw him was at 8:15, when the groups began going from class to class.
“Then you were supposed to stay with your group. I don’t know what group he was in.” This time frame is confusing…. She arrived at 8:15, the person that put this sentence together in the article confuses the reader. It should state the last time she saw him was when she arrived at 8:15, and use the word before rather than when. These parent led groups, who were they and do any of them recall seeing Kyron in their group? Obviously not! So it looks like the time Kyron went missing was between 8:15 and 8:45 a.m. I wonder how many parents actually came to the fair?
Zimmerman said the boy has no learning disabilities. “He’s a good kid who follows the rules,” she said. So I am taking there were no outward signs of abuse, or apparent internal problems in the family.
“We’re really close to the family, “ she added, noting that Kyron has an older brother and a younger sister. “We’ve been on the phone with them all night.” Somehow I do not think the truck that was seen at 2:00 a.m. was their’s.
Thanks Newfie. I have to wonder about the white truck too, I mean they are a dime a dozen.
Also I found Jim Kelley's facebook last night and Elinor Markrof (the people who mentioned the white truck and the weird email from Elinor's ex-hubby.) From what I could tell Jim and Elinor do have a relationship which would explain the same address thing. Both Elinor and Jim have made comments to the media several times regarding this case. I won't post their facebook addys but you can do a search on facebook, it's not private.

I would even venture to wonder if there truly were ever a vehicle, truck, car, vehicle seen there at all???
Interesting about the Kelley - Markrof connection too. Great find! (Thanks cartfly.) 

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #926 on: June 22, 2010, 12:46:16 PM »

Comment by poster Yonkinator

Yonkinator

This child disappeared at a kid's science fair prior to class and, reportedly,the stepmom is the last to have seen him headed to his classroom. I'm betting that at least 25% of the parents that showed up for that event had video cameras. If the authorities were to ask for the videos that were take... more

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/21/oregon.missing.boy.letter/index.html

(I never thought of parents with video cameras or cell phone video's) DUH

I was so focused on digital camera photo's I totally forgot cell phone video's, etc. 

Good catch, I hadn't thought of that either.
I always bring the video camera, digital camera and as a backup the film SLR camera to my sons school, in case a battery goes dead or I run out of space I can still capture something.

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #927 on: June 22, 2010, 12:48:39 PM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys,
Been MIA for the last week, but have a question. When our schools have science fairs, they usually have to have their projects in a day or two before the showing. The night before we usually have a parents night to come by and see all the projects, as a lot of parents work during the day. Did they have a parents night on Thursday at Kyron's school?? Or was it just a 30 minute deal in the morning? Was Kyron even at school on Friday?
Well that is about 3 questions but they have been bugging me. How do you have 300 children plus all the parents come in and see the projects in about 30-45 minutes early in the morning.What about the rest of the family, grandparents? Did they also have only 30-45 minutes to look at the projects? I am a grandmother and when any of the kids have something at school I usually attend. I have four in the same school, so would want to have time to see each of their projects. I hope this is making sense. Got alot of things running around in my head on this one.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #928 on: June 22, 2010, 12:54:43 PM »

I wonder if we might be able to get a reference/link thread also. Somewhere we can have the great links brought over like the maps, tripcheck cameras, incident report for Portland Le, local news channels among others that smart monkeys have found since this began.

Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #929 on: June 22, 2010, 12:56:12 PM »

Interesting comments imvho.

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/article/oregon-boy-kyron-hormans-disappearance-now-a-criminal-case/19514892

"There's a terrible cloud over everything," said Elinor Markgraf, who has lived in the Skyline area for decades.

At a high school graduation party last week, Markgraf said the mood was tense.

"Nobody was talking about it," Markgraf said. "But it was so close to the surface."

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #930 on: June 22, 2010, 12:57:55 PM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys,
Been MIA for the last week, but have a question. When our schools have science fairs, they usually have to have their projects in a day or two before the showing. The night before we usually have a parents night to come by and see all the projects, as a lot of parents work during the day. Did they have a parents night on Thursday at Kyron's school?? Or was it just a 30 minute deal in the morning? Was Kyron even at school on Friday?
Well that is about 3 questions but they have been bugging me. How do you have 300 children plus all the parents come in and see the projects in about 30-45 minutes early in the morning.What about the rest of the family, grandparents? Did they also have only 30-45 minutes to look at the projects? I am a grandmother and when any of the kids have something at school I usually attend. I have four in the same school, so would want to have time to see each of their projects. I hope this is making sense. Got alot of things running around in my head on this one.
Hi Darla! I hope you are doing well. Those are some good questions. I hadn't read anything about a prior viewing of the science fair for parents but they may have. I would imagine the projects would have been brought in at least the day before to allow the teacher to view and grade them.

Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #931 on: June 22, 2010, 01:04:17 PM »

It makes me wonder who's graduation party Elinor had attended and why did it seem so important for her to mention that the mood "there" (the graduation party) was so tense?

"There's a terrible cloud over everything."

"Nobody was talking about it - but it was so close to the surface."

Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #932 on: June 22, 2010, 01:12:25 PM »

I wonder why it is that Elinor is talking specifically about the graduation party as opposed to all other possible social/public places in general? In one breath she states that "There's a terrible cloud over everything" and in the next breath she is specific to only one group of people at this graduation party. Seems to me that the whole town and imvho nation, for that matter, is affected by Kyron's disappearance.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #933 on: June 22, 2010, 01:14:13 PM »

In case you hadn't seen it, Elinor was/is (?) a writer for Oregon live.

http://www.oregonlive.com/special/series/dropouts.ssf?/columnists/oregonian/markgraf.frame

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #934 on: June 22, 2010, 01:19:29 PM »

It makes me wonder who's graduation party Elinor had attended and why did it seem so important for her to mention that the mood "there" (the graduation party) was so tense?

"There's a terrible cloud over everything."

"Nobody was talking about it - but it was so close to the surface."
Maybe one of her children (?) I think she has four boys and a girl from what I saw on her facebook. Also she has lived there all her life, so perhaps a niece or nephew. I know I have seen her in quotes in several news storys along with Jim Kelley. The sleuthers at Insessions discussed these two in great detail.

Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #935 on: June 22, 2010, 01:21:47 PM »

In case you hadn't seen it, Elinor was/is (?) a writer for Oregon live.

http://www.oregonlive.com/special/series/dropouts.ssf?/columnists/oregonian/markgraf.frame

She certainly seems facinated and apparently discontent at times regarding the roles people assume/take on in life?
hmm...

bjinsco
Scared Monkey

« Reply #936 on: June 22, 2010, 01:23:50 PM »

Someone on another board brought up this guy -

Name: Ned Lyle Kelley
Convictions:

http://www2.co.multnomah.or.us/Public/EntryPoint?ct=4137ca0c4a281210VgnVCM1000003bc614acRCRD#summary

Kidnapped victims from street and drove to remote locations where he sexually assaulted them. Has also sexually assaulted a victim in residence. Has sexually abused a girlfriend's minor male son

http://search.criminalcheck.com/pddetails.php?db=ORSX_WEB&rec=192&ed=202&dlnumber=CC&dlstate=CC&id=CC

Could he be related to JK?
Hmmm

Just thinking out loud...

Memories fade, but a GOOGLE SEARCH never forgets.
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #937 on: June 22, 2010, 01:31:16 PM »

http://archives.lists.indymedia.org/imc-editorial/2003-December/008175.html

Paragraph 10 specifically. I am wondering if there is any proof that Tave's tooth was knocked out and if so was Will the one who knocked it out for the reasons specified in this document?

Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #938 on: June 22, 2010, 01:36:47 PM »

Someone on another board brought up this guy -

Name: Ned Lyle Kelley
Convictions:

http://www2.co.multnomah.or.us/Public/EntryPoint?ct=4137ca0c4a281210VgnVCM1000003bc614acRCRD#summary

Kidnapped victims from street and drove to remote locations where he sexually assaulted them. Has also sexually assaulted a victim in residence. Has sexually abused a girlfriend's minor male son

http://search.criminalcheck.com/pddetails.php?db=ORSX_WEB&rec=192&ed=202&dlnumber=CC&dlstate=CC&id=CC

Could he be related to JK?
Hmmm

Just thinking out loud...

I have goosebumps!
This man is set free to live on the streets!!!! Who is watching this guy!!!!

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #939 on: June 22, 2010, 01:39:40 PM »

Thanks Cartfly, I am doing great.

There is something that is justing pulling at my one brain cell, can't put my finger on it yet.
I use to volunteer on a daily bases when my oldest grandson was in elementary. Our school has about 700 kids but anytime you went farther than the front office you had to sign in and get a vistors pass or a volunteer badge. All volunteers have a background check run before being allowed to be in the school. I have 2 grandkids that are in what is Called "Discovery School".
It is a specialized class that the kids start out in Kindergarten together and remain with their same classmates all the way through elementary school. They have a different curriculum from the other classes within the school. Parents must put in 30 hrs of volunteer service for each child in Discovery School.They have a special program once a month called Book Talk and parents go some mornings and grandparents go some morning. Once I sign in at the office, I also have to sign in at the door to my grandchilds classroom. Any time I am in the classroom it counts toward my daughters volunteer hours. As does being a chaperone on field trips.
I just can't see how they just opened the doors on a school morning with all the parents and whoever coming into the school for the science fair without some tighter security. I think Kyron's school has some splainin to do.   

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.