May 13, 2024, 04:22:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 354419 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #500 on: December 29, 2009, 07:49:21 AM »

I just cannot understand how Josh was not under surveillance by LE.  Come on - it only took his initial camping story for me to have bad vibes about him.    

It is quite obvious that LE haven't a clue how to conduct an investigation. Call in the FBI !! This is outrageous.

I do not remember reading if they processed that rental car......do we know?

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #501 on: December 29, 2009, 09:22:05 AM »

I just cannot understand how Josh was not under surveillance by LE.  Come on - it only took his initial camping story for me to have bad vibes about him.    

It is quite obvious that LE haven't a clue how to conduct an investigation. Call in the FBI !! This is outrageous.

I do not remember reading if they processed that rental car......do we know?

This is the only info I found on the rental car.....

Report describes Joshua Powell’s reaction to news Susan Powell was missing (video)
Posted by Amanda Collins On December - 24 - 2009

--snipped--

One of the most disturbing things that Tim Peterson noticed regarding Josh Powell’s behavior was his hands. He said that his hands were extremely wind burned and that he continually put lotion on his hands. The report comes after police have secured five search warrants and are seeking a sixth warrant to examine a rental car that Josh Powell used after his van was confiscated by police.

Authorities state that Josh Powell put several hundred miles on the rental car but hasn’t admitted to where he traveled.

http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=1916

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #502 on: December 29, 2009, 09:28:58 AM »

http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story/?cid=68821

Warrants In Missing Utah Mom Case Sealed
Reported by:
Monday, Dec 28, 2009 @04:06pm

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Search warrants in the case of a 28-year-old Utah woman missing for three weeks have been sealed.

Susan Powell was last seen on Dec. 7, when husband Josh Powell says he left their suburban home in West Valley City about 12:30 a.m. to take their two boys camping in freezing conditions.

She was reported missing the same day when she failed to show up for her stockbroker job and her kids weren't dropped off at day care.

Josh Powell returned later that evening to find his wife missing. He has been named a person of interest in the case, but not a suspect.

Police have searched the Powell home and van. The 3rd District Court clerk's office said Monday that the search warrants have been sealed by a judge.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #503 on: December 29, 2009, 10:29:24 AM »

Help Find Susan Powell Youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEZY4Qdqt5s

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #504 on: December 29, 2009, 01:09:46 PM »

Well here is my best guess based on info we have so far.

Sounds like it happened in the Garage to me.
Nice and quiet spot.

The reason that the alarm went off was because somebody bumped up against the car and the reason that the alarm went off for awhile is because people do not die instantly when you kill them with your bare hands.. He was able to clean up and package her nice and neat with plastic tarp that was stored in the garage so she would fit into the vehicle. Then loading all the camping gear on top of her.
 The boys never noticed when he pulled her out as the boys were asleep and did not wake up, when they did wake up was at the destination for camping out, where dad went into a mode of everything is wonderful.
So the boys know nothing at all.

A mine shaft ??
This happens all the time. Just ask Gloria, April Beth Pitzers mom.
Bodies are in fact found in mine shafts and there are specialized groups that search mines.

The motivator was loss..He has already damaged credit.. So, Loss of money.. Loss of church ..Loss of Integrity.. Next would be the Loss of his boys..
 He had justified all of this in his pea brain little mind at that moment of considering his loss, He Murdered His Wife. After all SHE wanted to break up the family. Let her have the Loss  instead of HIM..
She was probably headed for the garage to get the hell away from him when it all went crazy.

Sociopath... It always comes down to " ME " and a sociopath person always justifies in there own mind what ever action was taken.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #505 on: December 29, 2009, 02:25:07 PM »

You summed it up nicely Edward. And there he sits in Washington with his boys at his father's house. Hopefully LE will get back something they are testing and throw this creeps butt in jail real soon. His facial expressions and words disgust me more then Scott Petersons, I didn't think that was possible.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #506 on: December 29, 2009, 02:57:42 PM »

good post Edward 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #507 on: December 29, 2009, 04:04:37 PM »

Ribbon campaign planned for Susan Powell

WEST VALLEY CITY — Friends of Susan Powell hope to organize a ribbon campaign to go along with a social media blitz scheduled to begin Monday.

Starting Monday and running for 72 hours, Susan's loved ones will launch an intense campaign on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube in an effort to keep her face in the public eye.

Her best friend, Kiirsi Hellewell, hopes a ribbon campaign can be organized at the same time as a visual reminder for people who are driving around Utah, Washington or any other area, that Susan is still missing and needs to be found.

Details of the ribbon campaign were still being worked out Tuesday. Hellewell wasn't sure what color ribbon would be used to symbolize the search for Susan, but said Susan's favorite colors were lavender and sage green.

Powell has been missing since Dec. 7. Her husband, Josh Powell, has had a cloud of suspicion surround him because of his seemingly odd behavior and failure to cooperate with police. Josh has been called a person of interest by West Valley police who have not officially declared the Susan Powell matter as anything but a missing person's case with suspicious circumstances.

Monday, it was revealed that search warrants served on Josh Powell, his home and his minivan were sealed because of the ongoing investigation.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705354834/Ribbon-campaign-for-Powell.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #508 on: December 29, 2009, 11:00:23 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:52:54 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #509 on: December 30, 2009, 12:50:19 AM »

A mine shaft ??
This happens all the time. Just ask Gloria, April Beth Pitzers mom.
Bodies are in fact found in mine shafts and there are specialized groups that search mines
-------------------------------------------------
saying he did put her in a mine shaft,and for josh to put hundreds of miles on the car,
he would only have to take highway 80 west to nevada, for the most concentrated area
of mines, and be in the 24hr window, a needle in a haystack
some of those claims are closed, and the open ones, the owners dont get back to for yrs
sometimes.
the rental may have been cleaned by now, hopefully the person, that did the cleaning was
not to thorough

what i used to find the mines, the little squares are mines in the jpg
http://www.geocommunicator.gov/blmMap/Map.jsp

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #510 on: December 30, 2009, 03:35:28 AM »

Going through old news in Utah in early Dec a man died in a cave in Utah and though they know where he is they can not recover his body.  It seems to have been a huge story.  Wondering if Josh got ideas from it. 

http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story/?cid=65381

<snipped>
The sheer number of abandoned mines in Utah makes closing each and every one of them a daunting task. Mark Mesch, director of the state's abandoned mine reclamation program, said there are approximately 17,000 to 20,000 abandoned mines scattered throughout Utah, and each mine has multiple entrances and ventilation shafts. Mesch said one in the Oquirrhs has 72 entrances that need to be sealed up.

Utah spelunkers estimate that there are 500 natural caves in Utah, with possibly many more just waiting to be discovered. Some caves are on public lands while others are on private property, making the question of who bears responsibility for closing them more difficult.

http://www.nuttyputtycave.com/NSealUp82006.html

AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #511 on: December 30, 2009, 10:14:27 AM »

Josh's father is helping him now.

Did he help him Dec 6-7?

"Josh spoke to his father on the phone for hours"
"Josh talked to his father more than he talked to Susan"
"Josh's father would send him anti-LDS literature"
And what was the sticky point for the marriage to remain or divorce to happen? THE LDS CHURCH!

Let's look at this from Josh's POV...
Susan was about to destroy him, take everything, take the sons he loves so much.
She had a career, his all careers all faltered, failed.
Susan was loved, he was disliked, thought to be a creep (per Tim Peterson their "friend")

Let's look at this from Steven Powell's POV...
Susan was ruining Josh's life.
She was trying to force that awful (his idea not mine) religion on Josh against his will.

Steven was cruel to his ex-wife Terri Powell, caused her all sorts of grief throughout the divorce process (I wish I knew more about that dynamic)

OK, so? Did Steven Powell help after he got a panicked call from Josh about what happened that night after JoVonna left?

I am thinking this partly because of the cryptic "out of state" reference on Kiirsi's blog, plus-- add in all the why's of how fathers help their sons and sons turn out like their fathers.

I am 99.99999% sure Josh did this, but the answer to where he put her might involve his father.

Can we sleuth?

Saved pictures and vids from lots of cases:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #512 on: December 30, 2009, 01:48:07 PM »

Josh's father is helping him now.

Did he help him Dec 6-7?

"Josh spoke to his father on the phone for hours"
"Josh talked to his father more than he talked to Susan"
"Josh's father would send him anti-LDS literature"
And what was the sticky point for the marriage to remain or divorce to happen? THE LDS CHURCH!

Let's look at this from Josh's POV...
Susan was about to destroy him, take everything, take the sons he loves so much.
She had a career, his all careers all faltered, failed.
Susan was loved, he was disliked, thought to be a creep (per Tim Peterson their "friend")

Let's look at this from Steven Powell's POV...
Susan was ruining Josh's life.
She was trying to force that awful (his idea not mine) religion on Josh against his will.

Steven was cruel to his ex-wife Terri Powell, caused her all sorts of grief throughout the divorce process (I wish I knew more about that dynamic)

OK, so? Did Steven Powell help after he got a panicked call from Josh about what happened that night after JoVonna left?

I am thinking this partly because of the cryptic "out of state" reference on Kiirsi's blog, plus-- add in all the why's of how fathers help their sons and sons turn out like their fathers.

I am 99.99999% sure Josh did this, but the answer to where he put her might involve his father.

Can we sleuth?

I wonder where Sr. was when Jr. rented the car....

AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #513 on: December 30, 2009, 03:07:47 PM »

Me too.
It is a 13-14 hour drive from Josh's home to his father's home.

Saved pictures and vids from lots of cases:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #514 on: December 30, 2009, 04:02:58 PM »

Me too.

Do we know if Sr. came in town after Susans family discovered she was missing? 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: December 31, 2009, 03:18:05 PM »

Me too.

Do we know if Sr. came in town after Susans family discovered she was missing?  

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:53:38 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #516 on: January 02, 2010, 01:25:03 PM »

Unless it is official policy to allow persons of interest in the disappearance of their wives a free pass over the holiday ... it does appear that the story of Susan Powell has become yesterday's headlines in the media.

Who is/are influencing the investigation on Josh Powell's behalf.  Something is not right.  The huge red flags that point to this guy can all be considered circumstancial evidence.

Janet

« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 01:43:56 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #517 on: January 02, 2010, 01:42:53 PM »

You took the words right out of my mouth! This is an outrage!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #518 on: January 02, 2010, 01:59:16 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m1d1-Susan-Powell-Family-and-friends-grateful-for-ground-search-efforts

Susan Powell: Family and friends grateful for ground search efforts
January 1, 10:51 PMSeattle Headlines ExaminerIsabelle Zehnder
January 1, 2010 - Police have conducted several ground searches in the search for Susan Powell, 28, who was reported missing on Dec. 7. The last person to see her was her husband, Josh Powell. He is the only person of interest in the case and the case is being called a missing person's case with "suspicious criminal overtones."

Susan's family and friends are desperate to have her back and wish to extend their gratitude to everyone who has shown support and who have offered to help in the search to find her.

Ground search

The family has received offers from people willing to help with a ground search. Police are not performing a ground search at this time. Friends and Family of Susan Powell are, however, cataloging information provided by people who wish to help if and when the need arises.

Susan's best friend, Kiirsi Hellewell, said "Police have been contacted by Susan's family for an update on ground search efforts. Information will be posted on the Facebook page when it is available."

In the meantime people who wish to help are urged to register their information on the Friends and Family of Susan Powell Facebook page.
Once there, click on the “Discussions” tab. You will see a list of discussion topics.

While there are three possible options where people have discussed helping in a ground search, it would be helpful if you would list your information on the “ground search” tab.

In a phone interview with Shelby Gifford, Spokeswoman for Susan Powell’s family, she said, “I would like people to know their offers to help in a ground search are not being ignored. Susan Powell’s family is thankful for the resources and equipment that have been offered in the search for Susan. Family have been assured that police are aware of the resources available and have tapped in to some of those resources already. They will continue to do so as the needs of the investigation dictates.”

Gifford said, “Friends and Family of Susan Powell have set up a tab on their Facebook page where people can post what equipment they have, what expertise they have, and what they are willing to do to help in a ground search if and when the time comes.”

Gifford added, “The family is very aware of the offers to help and are cataloging those offers of service and so are the police. When and if the time comes we will use as many of those services as needed. The family expresses a great deal of gratitude for what people are doing.”
Others ways to help

A 72-hour "Susan Powell Social Media Blitz" is being coordinated to begin on Mon., Jan. 4 at 8 a.m. MST. Click here for information on ways you can help in the "Social Media Blitz."

A "Susan Powell Purple Ribbon Campaign" is also being coordinated to coincide with the "Social Media Blitz." Click here for information on ways you can help in the "Purple Ribbon Campaign."

In an exclusive interview with Ed Smart, whose daughter went missing in 2002 and was found alive, he said, "Keep her face out there, it's what brought Elizabeth home."

Tips for police

Also, if you have a tip that you want to share with police, you can do so by visiting their “Tip a Cop” link.

You will be taken to a page where you can enter your information and pass along whatever info you have. You can also call the "Tip a Cop" line at 801-963-3459 or Police dispatch at 801-840-4000.

In the event that Susan is located or any emergency situation, call 911 immediately.
Articles about this case dated before Dec. 30 can be found here.

Susan Powell Video Updated

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GK3neexgNI0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/GK3neexgNI0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #519 on: January 02, 2010, 02:21:25 PM »

Thanks for the edit Nut.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.