May 14, 2024, 10:02:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #1 10/19/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 768602 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1260 on: October 23, 2009, 05:28:47 PM »

uggg he has a smirk on his face doesn't he? Thanks brandi! you rock. I don't know if I have ever posted with you on a thread, you are on top of it!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1261 on: October 23, 2009, 05:30:30 PM »

I was going to ask if anyone had more information about the abandoned house.  Sounds as if there was current construction going on.  Was there running utilities?

Just wondering if perhaps the digging equipment could be used to dig up sewer/water lines for possible evidence.  ??

Here are my notes on the house at 1080 Gano:
1080 Gano Avenue:
The spot where Somer disappeared is about three blocks from the school. Investigators returned there Thursday afternoon seeking evidence in a vacant house, trash bin and surrounding property at 1080 Gano.

The house was damaged in a fire several months ago, Justino said. A neighbor said three men had been living on the property before the fire. The owners of the house have given deputies permission to go on the property.

The home, which has missing-person fliers of Somer taped to a window, was being refurbished. State investigators in protective white suits were seen picking through the trash bin, which appeared full of construction debris.

I assume thatif it were being renovated at the time, it would have some utilities turned on, but I don't know for certain.

I also have more questions but this is about all I have been able to find.

And welcome to the cage, MadMom!

Nice to have you with us!

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1262 on: October 23, 2009, 05:30:49 PM »

I was going to ask if anyone had more information about the abandoned house.  Sounds as if there was current construction going on.  Was there running utilities?

Just wondering if perhaps the digging equipment could be used to dig up sewer/water lines for possible evidence.  ??

wow good guess.
MadMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1263 on: October 23, 2009, 05:38:04 PM »

Thanks, Brandi.  I poke my head in here but rarely post.

I was also confused as to how she could have vanished unseen with all the people reported in the area.  Which is why I was skeptical that it was a true abduction.  I thought surely she made it home or someone would have seen something.

ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1264 on: October 23, 2009, 05:38:08 PM »

uggg he has a smirk on his face doesn't he? Thanks brandi! you rock. I don't know if I have ever posted with you on a thread, you are on top of it!

Not sure if you were aware but Brandi is pretty much a Big Deal!   
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1265 on: October 23, 2009, 05:38:20 PM »

I still dont see how with so many children walking home parents walking kids home or out and about waiting for kids or whatever, crossing gaurds, traffic and such the NO ONE saw a thing 
Move over, me too, hard to believe isn't it 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1266 on: October 23, 2009, 05:40:24 PM »

I still dont see how with so many children walking home parents walking kids home or out and about waiting for kids or whatever, crossing gaurds, traffic and such the NO ONE saw a thing 
Move over, me too, hard to believe isn't it 

I agree.

Could be though, someone did. But they are not releasing that info.

Part of the investigation stuff, you know?

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1267 on: October 23, 2009, 05:40:26 PM »

MadMom   WELCOME  Could Somer have been lured over, by someone asking for her help?
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1268 on: October 23, 2009, 05:45:45 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=147122&catid=3
Sex Offender Worked on Renovation at Gano House
 Ann Butler     Created: 10/23/2009 5:02:00 PM    Updated: 10/23/2009 5:02:47 PM

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- Vinson Design and Build is the construction company working on the vacant home at 1080 Gano Ave. in Orange Park, according to Clay County public records.

James Vinson owns the company. According to the Florida Department of law Enforcement sexual offender website, Vinson's brother George Vinson, who works for his brother, is a registered sexual offender.

The Gano house is the last place witnesses saw Somer Thompson, 7, who vanished Monday on her way home from school. Police found the first-grader's body Wednesday in a Georgia landfill; the manner and cause of death have not been released.

According to the Clay County Sheriff's Office, there were no suspects in the case as of this afternoon.

Vinson's sister Alissa Barrs, who lives at the same address in Mandarin as her brother George Vinson, said her brothers have been questioned by police. She saidon Friday afternoon that her 33-year-old brother George Vinson worked at the Gano home about two months ago, but then found other work. ,

James Vinson and his business partner were interrogated for hours by detectives on Thursday, she said, and George Vinson was being questioned on Friday.

Police searched their Mandarin home Thursday and seized a truck and trailer from their property, she said.

First Coast News made two attempts to reach James Vinson. He said, "I don't want to talk about it" and hung up.

http://www.vinsondesign.net/

MadMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1269 on: October 23, 2009, 05:46:28 PM »

I agree.

That's what I was thinking.  Usually if there is no suspect, the police release more info in hopes of triggering new leads/tips.

I'm hoping the lack of info means they have already narrowed in on someone.

I'm leaning toward the RSO on the job site.  In the news brief, the lady seemed quick to move past the question that someone asked about whether they had reports of Somer entering the abandoned house.  She quickly said "on that sidewalk" and moved on without making eye contact.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1270 on: October 23, 2009, 05:51:12 PM »

I agree.

That's what I was thinking.  Usually if there is no suspect, the police release more info in hopes of triggering new leads/tips.

I'm leaning toward the RSO on the job site.  In the news brief, the lady seemed quick to move past the question that someone asked about whether they had reports of Somer entering the abandoned house.  She quickly said "on that sidewalk" and moved on without making eye contact.

Yes, George Vinson. He was being interrogated today, according to FCN.

He's on my hinky meter at the moment also.

ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1271 on: October 23, 2009, 05:56:31 PM »

I agree.

So George Vinson, is a registered sex offender, are you aware of his crime? was it aginst a child, and do you know what he did, or age of person, anything really, just curious his "type" or MO
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1272 on: October 23, 2009, 05:58:54 PM »

First map is from house on Gano to Vinson Design and Build ... the construction company that was doing repairs there:

The second is from house on Gano to George Vinson's home:

Not very far.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1273 on: October 23, 2009, 05:59:52 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/21402600/detail.html
Search Continues For Somer's Killer

POSTED: Friday, October 23, 2009
UPDATED: 5:29 pm EDT October 23, 2009
[Somer Renee Thompson.]
Somer Renee Thompson.
ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- Investigators have finished talking to all the registered sex offenders living within a 5-mile radius of Somer Thompson's house, though none of them is considered a suspect in the girl's death.
Somer's parents publicized funeral arrangements for the slain 7-year-old on Friday.

Clay County sheriff's spokeswoman Mary Justino also said on Friday that no witnesses have come forward to say they saw girl attacked or abducted.

Somer's body was found Wednesday by investigators sorting through tons of garbage in a Georgia landfill.

She vanished while walking home from her Orange Park school on Monday. Justino said investigators are collecting evidence from a vacant home along that road because the girl was last seen in front of it.

"We are interviewing any and all persons ... who are in any way connected to that location," Justino said.

Florida Department of Law Enforcement agents and other officials were scouring the home. Local 6 News aired video Friday morning that showed a bulldozer at the house as agents in white jumpsuits rummaged through a Dumpster.

An autopsy has been completed, but authorities won't disclose the cause and manner of Somer's death.

Justino said on Friday morning that 50 detectives were actively investigating 231 leads in the case. There have been 810 leads called into a tip line, Justino said.

Donations from the public have been pouring in to the Thompson family, including offers from funeral homes.
Somer's viewing will be held at the First Baptist Church located at 1140 Kingsley Ave. in Orange Park on Monday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. It will be open to the public.

A memorial service will be held on Tuesday at 11 a.m. at the same location. It will also be open to the public.

The family said Somer's graveside service and burial on Tuesday, as well as the reception, will not be open to the public.

Somer's case will be featured Saturday on "America's Most Wanted," according to Justino.

Earlier on Friday, Somer's mother, Diena Thompson, appeared red-eyed on all three network television morning shows, saying to the culprit or culprits in her daughter's death, "We're coming for you. We'll get you, and hopefully justice will be served."

Thompson said she does not know any details of the investigation, but added that she hopes the killer gets the death penalty.

"I hate him. I hate him," she said on the CBS' "Early Show." "Every morning when I get up, I just get up thinking it's just all a bad dream, and you come out and you see everything that everybody's brought and you know it's real."

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1274 on: October 23, 2009, 06:00:36 PM »

Welcome MadMom!

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1275 on: October 23, 2009, 06:00:44 PM »

I agree.

So George Vinson, is a registered sex offender, are you aware of his crime? was it aginst a child, and do you know what he did, or age of person, anything really, just curious his "type" or MO

You can look him up here:http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/offenderSearchNav.do?link=advanced

I posted a picture and results a page back or so.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1276 on: October 23, 2009, 06:04:52 PM »

I agree.

You can look him up here:http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/offenderSearchNav.do?link=advanced

I posted a picture and results a page back or so.

Here's some more info on him from that site:

ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1277 on: October 23, 2009, 06:12:38 PM »

Thanks Brandi
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1278 on: October 23, 2009, 06:13:32 PM »

Thanks Brandi

My pleasure Wink

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1279 on: October 23, 2009, 06:20:35 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=147122&catid=3
Sex Offender Worked on Renovation at Gano House
 Ann Butler     Created: 10/23/2009 5:02:00 PM    Updated: 10/23/2009 5:02:47 PM

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- Vinson Design and Build is the construction company working on the vacant home at 1080 Gano Ave. in Orange Park, according to Clay County public records.

James Vinson owns the company. According to the Florida Department of law Enforcement sexual offender website, Vinson's brother George Vinson, who works for his brother, is a registered sexual offender.

The Gano house is the last place witnesses saw Somer Thompson, 7, who vanished Monday on her way home from school. Police found the first-grader's body Wednesday in a Georgia landfill; the manner and cause of death have not been released.

According to the Clay County Sheriff's Office, there were no suspects in the case as of this afternoon.

Vinson's sister Alissa Barrs, who lives at the same address in Mandarin as her brother George Vinson, said her brothers have been questioned by police. She saidon Friday afternoon that her 33-year-old brother George Vinson worked at the Gano home about two months ago, but then found other work. ,

James Vinson and his business partner were interrogated for hours by detectives on Thursday, she said, and George Vinson was being questioned on Friday.

Police searched their Mandarin home Thursday and seized a truck and trailer from their property, she said.

First Coast News made two attempts to reach James Vinson. He said, "I don't want to talk about it" and hung up.

http://www.vinsondesign.net/

I wonder if George is still being questioned.

And I find his brother, James' statement a bit ... um ... a bit questionable.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.