May 02, 2024, 07:34:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Female Joggers Near UCF On High Alert - Florida  (Read 2360 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: October 09, 2008, 04:29:39 PM »

Female Joggers Near UCF On High Alert
Investigators Say Recent Attack Not Likely Linked To Ganguzza Disappearance

POSTED: 5:50 pm EDT October 8, 2008
UPDATED: 6:54 pm EDT October 8, 2008
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Female joggers on the University of Central Florida's campus are on high alert.

"It's kind of upsetting that somebody is that low," one jogger said.

UCF police said that on Oct. 1 a female student was jogging on the Apollo Circle sidewalk inside the university by herself.

Investigators said a man attacked her, pushed her to the ground and spit on her.

Student Yasemin Denkel said the situation reminded her of Nicole Ganguzza, who was killed while jogging in Blanchard Park not far from UCF.

It's an unsolved slaying that sparked an intense search that turned up few clues.

Denkel said she's also had her problems jogging while on campus.

"One of my good friends was running and it was night, it was the last time I ran at night, and we were running down from the gym two towers and a car drove by and threw pennies at her," she said.

Investigators said the jogger didn't get a good enough look at the man who attacked her.

Officers don't believe this incident has anything to do with Ganguzza's disappearance, but they are asking joggers to run with a friend, avoid running at night and to not listen to radios or iPods while running.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17665501/detail.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.