May 22, 2024, 11:51:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mickey Shunick 22 years old, Lafayette, LA MISSING 5/19/2012(BODY FOUND)  (Read 171338 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #400 on: July 12, 2012, 09:23:08 PM »

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

Police will continue to search more land in connection with Lavergne

05:26 PM by Erin Steuber
(July 12, 2012)

Police clear three areas of what they're calling "suspicious mounds of dirt" in the search for Mickey Shunick. A Lawtell land owner reported the mounds, near Saint Ann Catholic Church in Lawtell, only a few miles from suspect Brandon Lavergne's home. Although the search turned up nothing, police say they will not stop looking. Wednesday night police received a tip from a farmer in Lawtell saying he found suspicious mounds of dirt near his property. police were unable to get permission to search until Thursday morning. Overnight, police protected the property near the church, about one and a half miles from Lavergne's home.

"We had to leave two deputies to protect the area last night and then came back early this morning with permission to search," said St. Landry Parish Sheriff Bobby Guidroz.

Police used special equipment to search the area, including grid searches by Equisearch.

Guidroz says even though this search turned up nothing, they will not stop looking.

::snipping2::

"We've received information of where maybe he's camped or hunted on, regarding property elsewhere in different parishes around," said Mouton. "So we're gonna' still visit those locations even though they're not directly tied to where he lived."

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #401 on: July 12, 2012, 09:43:00 PM »

http://www.theind.com/news/10922-crowley-hairdresser-lavergne-had-knife-wound-on-neck

Crowley hairdresser: Lavergne had ‘knife’ wound on neck

Written by Leslie Turk   
Tuesday, July 10, 2012

[Editor's Note: This story has been altered to reflect that Bourriague says she is uncertain what type of cut was on Lavergne's neck, saying only that it could have been made by a knife.]

Brandon Scott Lavergne’s last hair appointment with Holly Bourriague was June 20, one month after 21-year-old Mickey Shunick went missing. The stylist noticed a cut on his neck that she says appeared to be a knife wound.

This mugshot from the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center shows what appears to be
a scar healing on Lavergne's lower right neck.

“It kind of looked like he would have gotten stabbed or something,” says Bourriague, who works at a salon in Crowley. “It looked like it had been the size of a knife [cut],” though she said she could not be certain what type of cut it was. Bourriague says she could not tell how old the wound was but does not remember noticing it before.

The Independent interviewed Bourriague Monday by phone, her voice cracking several times as she related Lavergne’s last visit to her salon on June 20 and the plans the two made for what would have been their first date when he returned from his offshore job. Bourriague says Lavergne was not a regular customer. Over the past three years she estimates she cut his hair five times.

“He did call me the night after I cut his hair on his way to Venice. He had been calling me,” she says. “He called me numerous times on his way to Venice that night.”

“He said, ‘I’ll call you in two weeks when I get back in. Maybe we can do something.’ Well, the day he was expected to come back was the day he got arrested.”

In addition to the phone conversations they had, he also left a voice message, she says. She still has the recording.

To say Bourriague was shocked to hear of Lavergne’s arrest would be an understatement. She says Lavergne could be very charming, joking and flirting while she cut his hair. “He’s even mentioned before he goes to church on Sundays. I never would have thought he would be capable of this. Calm, just sat in my chair and we laughed,” she says. “He has braces on his teeth right now, so we were kind of laughing about that.”

Bourriague says Lavergne’s brother also is a customer of the salon and that Lavergne would talk about his family. The brothers seemed to have been close, she recalls, although they did not come into the salon together. “Brandon said they have a lot of get-togethers. He said I’ll call you if we get together again. They seemed like good people.”

The stylist says Lavergne first tried hooking up with her when she started working at the salon three years ago. “I had just gone through a divorce so I just blew him off.” She says the flirtation continued on subsequent visits (unbeknownst to the stylist, Lavergne is believed to have had a girlfriend and may have been recently engaged). “He sat in my chair and he was like, ‘have you and that guy ever tried working it out?’ I said, ‘No.’ He said well I find it very funny a pretty girl like you is still single and he kept going on and on and on.”

Bourriague was cutting a customer’s hair on July 5 and, she admits, waiting for Lavergne’s call when she got the news.

“When I heard the news I was cutting someone’s hair. Someone had told me earlier that day that they had found somebody. I was like, ‘Oh, good.’ I had been keeping up with the Mickey case. I even went to the Blackham to bring them a case of water. I did everything I could to try to help.

“A guy walks in and says, ‘Did you hear that they finally caught the guy?’ He said ‘his picture is even on the [news].’ I said, ‘Well, what’s his name?’ And he said ‘Brandon.’ And I’m just making a joke out of it cause I was waiting for Brandon to call me when he got back from work and said, “Huh, it better not be Brandon Lavergne.’ He turns, he looks at me, he said, ‘Brandon Scott Lavergne?’ and shows me his picture. I dropped my scissors, I dropped everything I had in my hand and ran outside. I was shaking so bad. I still cannot believe it, I’m still in shock.”

“I didn’t know he was a sex offender,” Bourriague says. “I didn’t know any of that. I’m most shook up that he sat in my chair. He hugged me before he left the shop. That could have been me. I cannot even sleep at night.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #402 on: July 13, 2012, 03:41:07 AM »

She didn't know he was a sex offender?  Golly, don't these young women know how to check someone out before they go out on a date? 
what is wrong with them?????

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #403 on: July 13, 2012, 11:07:56 AM »

http://jades.lafayettesheriff.com:8888/index2.php?nav=record&id=792068

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: July 13, 2012, 11:16:03 AM »

She didn't know he was a sex offender?  Golly, don't these young women know how to check someone out before they go out on a date? 

So true Sister, it's scary.   

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #405 on: July 13, 2012, 09:12:17 PM »

Mickey Shunick murder suspect treated for stab wounds in Jefferson Parish; deputies called him uncooperative
Published: Friday, July 13, 2012, 1:52 PM     Updated: Friday, July 13, 2012, 3:28 PM
Lafayette murder suspect Brandon Scott Lavergne was treated for multiple stab wounds at a Jefferson Parish hospital on May 19, the day his alleged victim, 21-year-old Michaela "Mickey" Shunick, disappeared. Deputies with the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office interviewed Lavergne about the wounds, but he was "not being cooperative," according to an incident report.
But Lavergne showed up later that day 140 miles away in the emergency room of Ochsner Medical Center, 1516 Jefferson Highway, Jefferson, with stab wounds to his chest, back, neck and hand, according to the incident report.

Lavergne told Sheriff's Office deputies that he was lost somewhere in the New Orleans area about 2 p.m. and pulled into a service station to ask for directions. He said he was approached and attacked by a man with a gold tooth wearing a black hat and a white New Orleans Saints football jersey bearing the No. 24, the incident report said.

The attacker allegedly took Lavergne's wallet containing his driver's license and $40. Lavergne told investigators that he drove around until he found a hospital.
more
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/07/suspect_in_mickey_shunick_murd.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #406 on: July 13, 2012, 09:23:47 PM »

he headed towards new orleans,after he dumped the bike

Ochsner Medical Center, 1516 Jefferson Highway, Jefferson LA
to
Lafayette, LA
http://goo.gl/maps/Tqdc

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #407 on: July 13, 2012, 09:28:05 PM »

he headed towards new orleans,after he dumped the bike

Ochsner Medical Center, 1516 Jefferson Highway, Jefferson LA
to
Lafayette, LA
http://goo.gl/maps/Tqdc

self edit,i forgot the miles
132 mi, 2 hours 17 mins

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #408 on: July 13, 2012, 09:31:28 PM »

http://www.fox8live.com/story/19023050/jp-deputys-incident-report-could-be-part-of-missing-students-probe

JP deputy's incident report could be part of Shunick probe
Updated: Jul 13, 2012 6:29 PM CDT

New Orleans, La. -- As a grand jury is about to consider the case against the man accused in the death of a missing Lafayette college student, a Jefferson Parish deputy's incident report could play a role in the ongoing investigation.

Brandon Lavergne remains in jail without bond.  He is booked with first degree murder and aggravated kidnapping in the disappearance of 21-year-old Mickey Shunick. She was last seen riding her bike from a friend's house in Lafayette in the wee hours of the morning on May 19.

FOX 8 News has obtained an incident report from the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Department, written by a deputy who interviewed Lavergne after he showed up with stab wounds at Ochsner Hospital on Jefferson Highway, hours after Shunick went missing in Lafayette.

"The victim was known to have carried a sharp object along with some pepper spray," said Tulane criminologist Wade Schindler.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #409 on: July 14, 2012, 01:06:48 PM »

Police report from Brandon Lavergne's claims of being stabbed and robbed the evening after Mickey's disappearance.

http://klfy.images.worldnow.com/images/incoming/JPSOCrimeReport.pdf

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #410 on: July 14, 2012, 01:19:30 PM »

She fought
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #411 on: July 14, 2012, 01:21:01 PM »

She fought
It sure sounds like it.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #412 on: July 14, 2012, 02:06:52 PM »

She fought
It sure sounds like it.

It sounds like she had some kind of control over the knife momentarily...or was gaining control of it to be able to stab him in the back.  God Bless her...

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #413 on: July 14, 2012, 02:24:32 PM »

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120712/NEWS01/120712025/New-Brandon-Lavergne-charge-led-new-mugshot

New Brandon Lavergne charge led to new mugshot
4:28 PM, Jul 12, 2012 

Lavergne reported his white Chevrolet Z71 pickup truck stolen from Montgomery County, Texas, just days after police released a photo lifted from surveillance video that showed a Z71 truck following Shunick on her bicycle just before she disappeared on May 19.

The truck was recovered, burned, on May 31 in San Jacinto County, Texas.

On June 4, Lavergne bought the same type of truck, a white Z71, from Don’s Wholesale on Johnston Street in Lafayette.

“He did buy it from me. I was the sales lady,” Amy Phillips with Don’s Wholesale said today.

She would not elaborate because police have asked her not to speak with the news media because it might jeopardize the case.

Judice said law enforcement realized Wednesday that Lavergne had not been charged on the outstanding warrant from Lafayette Parish for altering his driver’s license, discovered when he bought the truck.

He tried to hide notification on the license that he is a sex offender.

It is that warrant the Louisiana State Police used to take him into custody Thursday.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #414 on: July 14, 2012, 03:56:47 PM »

Calculating his every move...   

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20120714/NEWS01/120714001

9 days after Lafayette woman's disappearance, murder suspect met with sex detectives

10:25 AM, Jul 14, 2012

LAFAYETTE -- Nine days after the disappearance of a Lafayette woman, the 33-year-old convicted sex abuser who has been charged with kidnapping and killing her went to the St. Landry Parish Sheriff's Office to update his offender status.

"He was in good standing with us," Lt. Megan Vizena, a spokeswoman for the St. Landry Parish Sheriff's Office, said by phone Thursday. "Mr. Lavergne was required to come in every three months."

Lavergne went to the St. Landry Parish Sheriff's Office on May 28, three days after police released photographs of a Chevrolet Z71 pickup seen in surveillance video that also captured images of Shunick around the time she disappeared. Police say believe the pickup in the vido belongs to Lavergne.

Three days after he checked in with the Sheriff's Office, Lavergne reported his truck stolen in Montgomery County, Texas. Police say he burned the vehicle in San Jacinto, Texas.

Lavergne replaced the truck June 4 when he bought a new, white Chevrolet Z71 pickup from Don's Wholesale on Johnston Street in Lafayette.

Police issued a warrant for Lavergne's arrest after discovering he hid the sex offender status on his driver's license.

Vizena said one of the detectives interviewed Lavergne on May 28, asking him questions about his vehicles, employment and residence. During the interviews, Vizena said, detectives check a sex offender's driver's license to ensure it hasn't been modified in addition to checking for all vehicles registered with the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles and calling a sex offender's employer to verify employment.

"We ask them for any changes, and while they're there, we check on that," Vizena said. "Everything they ask them is put straight into the computer at that second."

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #415 on: July 14, 2012, 04:52:48 PM »

So true Sister, it's scary.   

You do not think of checking when you are twenty years old.  I know.

The Freedom of Information Act (LOL) probably wasn't available when I was a little younger. 

Thanks to the Monkey's, I know how to access Court Dockets. 

I still use my instincts, you can always depend on your hinky meter.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: July 14, 2012, 05:27:10 PM »

Any connection to Jaren Lockhart or possibly others?

The hospital that Lavergne went to is eight miles from Margaret Sanchez's home in Kenner.

And less than three miles from Metairie where Charles Atwood and Patricia Biehn lived when they were arrested for murdering and dismembering women.  Patricia Biehn is out and still has connections in the area.

How did he end up there?  Over two hours from where Mickey was abducted, and WHY?

Wonder where Charles Atwood has served his time, and if he ever crossed paths in the prison system with Brandon Lavergne?

May not be connected at all, but my mind has been working overtime on possible connections with the close proximity of all of this...coincidental?

Where's Mickey?!!!!

o.k., I'm going to stop thinking about it right now.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #417 on: July 14, 2012, 05:37:52 PM »

http://texasequusearch.org/

Missing: Michaela “Mickey” Shunick, 22 Yrs., Lafayette, LA, 05/19/12
Posted on 14. Jul, 2012 by smckinney in Active Cases, Featured Articles, Missing Persons
07/14/12 — Texas EquuSearch has returned to Lafatette, LA to assist Lafayetted Police Department in locating Mickey Shunick. We will be using Texas EquuSearch members ONLY. No civilian volunteers will be allowed to search with us on this search.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #418 on: July 14, 2012, 09:57:05 PM »

Any connection to Jaren Lockhart or possibly others?

The hospital that Lavergne went to is eight miles from Margaret Sanchez's home in Kenner.

And less than three miles from Metairie where Charles Atwood and Patricia Biehn lived when they were arrested for murdering and dismembering women.  Patricia Biehn is out and still has connections in the area.

How did he end up there?  Over two hours from where Mickey was abducted, and WHY?

Wonder where Charles Atwood has served his time, and if he ever crossed paths in the prison system with Brandon Lavergne?

May not be connected at all, but my mind has been working overtime on possible connections with the close proximity of all of this...coincidental?

Where's Mickey?!!!!

o.k., I'm going to stop thinking about it right now.   

makes you wonder,he did leave a gas station where, he could have gotten help
instead he wanders around
id like to know where the stab wounds were on his chest and back,maybe the
blade wasnt long enough to reach the lung,the one on the neck was close to
the artery,missed by a 1/2 inch it looks like

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #419 on: July 16, 2012, 01:37:48 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10

This week we will find out if Lafayette Police collected enough evidence to bring Brandon Scott Lavergne to trial. Lavergne is charged with kidnapping and killing Mickey Shunick.
Wednesday, a grand jury will review the evidence then they will determine if it is enough to go to trial. If Lavergne does go to trial, Assistant DA Keith Stutes will try to pursue a conviction for aggravated kidnapping and first degree murder. Lavergne is assigned a public defender.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.