May 22, 2024, 01:56:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petit Family Murders in CT-2007 SOLVED-Death Sentence for both men.  (Read 265725 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #300 on: September 23, 2011, 12:39:20 AM »

I wonder if the state will present the photos JK took of Michaela on his cell? 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #301 on: September 23, 2011, 02:19:33 PM »

Jurors hear entire Komisarjevsky account
 Posted: Sep 22, 2011 6:29 AM EDT Updated: Sep 22, 2011 5:38 PM EDT
 By WFSB Staff
 NEW HAVEN, CT (WFSB) -

Jurors on Thursday heard the full 90-minute audio recorded account Joshua Komisarjevsky gave to police of the Cheshire home invasion.

The account jurors listened to had Komisarjevsky describing what he said happened and what he was thinking while it was happening.

The final moments inside the Petit family home seemed to be the most chaotic, according to the recording.

Komisarjevsky talked about how Steven Hayes, who is already sentenced to death, wanted to kill the whole family and set the house on fire because he was worried about DNA.

Komisarjevsky told a Cheshire Police detective how when Hayes returned from the bank with Jennifer Hawke Petit he had a half a dozen envelopes of money, but wouldn't tell Komisarjevsky exactly how much.

At one point, Komisarjevsky said Hayes grabbed the bottles of gas he had filled up earlier in the morning.

"I turn around he's pouring gas on kitchen floor and down hallway," Komisarjevsky is heard saying on the recording.

Komisarjevsky said he followed Hayes upstairs and he saw him continue to pour the gas. Komisarjevsky said he kept thinking, "It's unreal, it's bizarre, I can't do that. I was relieved he had poured it down hallway and not in bedroom."

He goes on to say,"I can't imagine anyone being burned alive."

Then he tells the detective, "I didn't untie them, I should have."

Earlier in the statement, Komisarjevsky said he performed oral sex on the Petit's youngest daughter, 11-year-old, Michaela while she was still tied up and had a pillow case over her head.

Komisarjevsky also said he cut off Michaela's shirt using scissors and at one point he performed a sex act on himself but did not have sex with the girl. 

Komisarjevsky also talks about hearing Dr. Petit, the only one to survive that morning, free himself and run out of the basement where they tied him up. ::snipping2::

http://www.wfsb.com/story/15521853/jurors-to-hear-more-testimony-from-komisarjevsky

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #302 on: September 23, 2011, 04:56:19 PM »

JK says that Hayes didn't pour gas on the girls.  But, there was gas on the beds.  So, is he saying that he did it?  I'm betting he did.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #303 on: September 26, 2011, 08:55:50 AM »

http://www.myrecordjournal.com/cheshire/article_da2925ca-e83c-11e0-85ea-001cc4c002e0.html
Second week of the Komisarjevsky trial starts this morning
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2011 8:38 am | Updated: 8:42 am, Mon Sep 26, 2011.

Mary Ellen Godin | 0 comments

NEW HAVEN -- The second week of Joshua Komisarjevsky's trial is expected to open with continued testimony from police, fire officials and a representative from Verizon Wireless, court officials said Monday.

Defense attorneys for Komisarjevsky are expected to resume their cross-examination of Cheshire Detective Joseph Vitello, who took Komisarjevsky's statement in the hours after the deadly home invasion on July 23, 2007.
 ::snipping2::

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #304 on: September 26, 2011, 08:59:51 AM »

Hi trimm.  I hope this trial is over quickly.  The Petit family shouldn't have to go through this again.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: September 26, 2011, 09:46:02 AM »

Hi trimm.  I hope this trial is over quickly.  The Petit family shouldn't have to go through this again.
I agree. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #306 on: September 26, 2011, 09:46:37 AM »

http://twitter.com/#!/hartfordcourant/lists/cheshire-trial
JBernsteinFoxCT Jennifer Bernstein
Day 5 of Joshua Komisarjevsky trial set to begin at 10. Defense expected to continue cross examination of a police detective.
3 minutes ago
Jennifer Bernstein
Komisarjevsky arrived at court at 8:55 today...brought in by Judicial Marshals
15 minutes ago

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #307 on: September 26, 2011, 10:15:47 AM »

Dr. Petit and family have arrived for Day 5 of trial twitpic.com/6qyam4
13 minutes ago http://twitter.com/#!/hartfordcourant/lists/cheshire-trial

~ Peter Frampton
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #308 on: September 26, 2011, 10:25:31 AM »

Dr. Petit and family have arrived for Day 5 of trial twitpic.com/6qyam4
13 minutes ago http://twitter.com/#!/hartfordcourant/lists/cheshire-trial

They look so sad and defeated.  Its heartbreaking.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #309 on: September 26, 2011, 11:30:13 AM »

this family has been through soooo much..breaks my heart.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #310 on: September 26, 2011, 11:35:44 AM »

LauriePerez Laurie Perez
Det says #Komis initally told him he was going to send pics of 11 year old Petit to Hayes if mrs petit wasn't cooperative.
13 minutes ago

Yeah, right.   

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #311 on: September 26, 2011, 12:32:15 PM »

alainegriffin Alaine Griffin
Jennifer Hawke-Petit would have been 53 today. #Komisarjevsky #Cheshire
6 minutes ago

~ Peter Frampton
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #312 on: September 26, 2011, 12:34:38 PM »

Who cares how many cameras captured the Jennifer and Michaela while in the grocery store?  How could that possibly impact JK's killing them?

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #313 on: September 26, 2011, 02:30:05 PM »

Second week of Komisarjevsky trial begins
 Posted: Sep 26, 2011 12:05 PM EDT Updated: Sep 26, 2011 12:13 PM EDT
 By WFSB Staff

NEW HAVEN, CT (WFSB) -

The lead detective in the Cheshire home invasion murder case took the stand on Monday as the second week of the trial against Joshua Komisarjevsky began. ::snipping2::

In cross examination Monday, the detective was questioned about how cooperative Komisarjevsky was right after police said he tried to get away from the burning home with Hayes.

Jennifer Hawke-Petit was already dead inside and police said the Petit daughters, Hayley and Michaela, were left inside tied up and were killed by the fire.

The detective said Hayes would not answer questions about who was inside, but Komisarjevsky was more forthcoming saying there were a woman inside already dead and two others upstairs.

The detective also said Komisarjevsky motioned to Hayes when he told the detective the woman was dead indicating Hayes was responsible for her death. ::snipping2::

http://www.wfsb.com/story/15549871/second-week-of-komisarjevsky-trial-begins

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #314 on: September 26, 2011, 05:49:05 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/petit-trial-coroner-describes-teen-daughters-death/story?id=14607151
Petit Murder Trial: Coroner Describes Teen Girl's Death in Fire
By ANNE-MARIE DORNING
NEW HAVEN, Conn. Sept. 26, 2011
Video at link.
Dr. William Petit and several of his family members walked out of court today, some of them in tears, unable to listen to the coroner's testimony describing the final moments of his teenage daughter who died in a fire set by a pair of robbers.

Hayley Petit, 17, died along with her younger sister, Michaela, on July 23, 2007, tied to their beds in a suburban Connecticut house splashed with gasoline. Their mother, Jennifer Hawke-Petit, was raped and strangled before the house was set ablaze.

Hayley Petit's body was found at the top of the staircase. Her sister's body was found still in her bed.

Dr. William Petit Has to Leave Trial

Shah said that the cause of death for Hayley Petit was "asphyxia due to smoke inhalation." Prosecutor Michael Dearington asked Shah what the girl likely experienced shortly before her death.

Shah told the court that a victim like Hayley Petit would typically "experience significant pain from breathing in smoke and soot before she died." She also likely felt disorientation, nausea and an inability to breathe shortly before her death.

Shah testified that it could have taken from "a few to several minutes" to die after she started to breath in the searingly hot toxic air. Given the third and even fourth degree burns to her feet, Shah it is likely that the flames got very close to the young girl on or about the time that she died although she could not say if Hayley Petit felt the burns before she died.

Jurors were shown photos of Petit's body taken at both the crime scene and during the autopsy. At one point, Shah stood up holding the a photograph in front of the jury and described Hayley's injuries

"This is her body found at the scene…On her upper legs you can see some recognizable skin…Those are mostly second degree burns, but further down you can see more severe burns," said Shah.

Dr. Petit's family, who had been weeping and consoling themselves in court, walked out of the courtroom as the grisly slideshow continued, unable to listen to the testimony.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #315 on: September 26, 2011, 08:30:18 PM »

http://www.courant.com/community/cheshire/cheshire-home-invasion/hc-komisarjevsky-day5-0927-20110926,0,4457742,full.story
Komisarjevsky Trial: Hayley Petit's Autopsy
Medical Examiner Noted Burned Ropes On Wrist And Ankles, Clothes Smelled Of Gas

(Video at link state audio confession tapes will be released this week.)
By ALAINE GRIFFIN And JOSH KOVNER, agriffin@courant.com and jkovner@courant.com The Hartford Courant

7:33 p.m. EDT, September 26, 2011
NEW HAVEN—
— Hayley Petit died of smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning, an associate state medical examiner who performed the autopsy on the 17-year-old victim of the Cheshire home invasion testified Monday afternoon in Joshua Komisarjevsky's trial.

Death would have overtaken the girl in as little as a few moments as her body suffocated, said Dr. Malka Shah.Shah said she found burned remnants of rope tied around Hayley's right wrist and ankles and soot in her nose and mouth. The remains of her clothing smelled of gas.

Hayley had burns all over her body, but Shah said she could not determine whether the burns occurred before or after Hayley died. Hayley had been tied to her bed but managed to break free. Investigators found her body on the second floor at the top of the stairs.

~ Peter Frampton
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #316 on: September 26, 2011, 08:51:40 PM »

I'm sure that sick POS, JK, enjoyed himself today.     He managed to revolt the jury and torment the Petit family all with a front row seat. 

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #317 on: September 26, 2011, 08:54:10 PM »

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Joshua-Komisarjevsky-Cheshire-Home-Invasion-Jennifer-Hawke-Petit-130553318.html

Recorded Komisarjevsky Confession Released

http://media.nbcbayarea.com/audio/Komisarjevsky+1.mp3

This is just part of the audio.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #318 on: September 27, 2011, 11:35:19 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/petit-home-invasion-taped-confession-joshua-komisarjevsky/story?id=14611602
Petit Home Invasion: Taped Confession of Joshua Komisarjevsky
By ANNE-MARIE DORNING
NEW HAVEN, Conn. Sept. 27, 2011
Video at link.

An accused killer's recorded confession is a horrifying glimpse into how an almost casual plan to rob people at ATMs escalated chaotically into a night of rape, murder and arson that left a mother and her two daughters dead in a suburban Connecticut home.

The taped confession of Joshua Komisarjevsky, publicly released Monday, details the attack on the home of Dr. William Petit, and the murders of his wife, Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, and his daughters Michaela Petit, 11 and Hayley Petit, 17.

Towards the end of the audio taped confession, Komisarjevsky, 31, implied that he agreed to tell his story to the police in the aftermath of the triple murder because "I feel they deserved it, you know. They earned this and uh I just f##d up."

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #319 on: September 27, 2011, 11:37:53 AM »

http://callsforjustice.wordpress.com/
Hayley Petit Death Likely Slow And Painful
09/27/2011 donchais

Dr. William Petit left the courtroom and family members cried as Dr. Malka Shah testified that Hayley’s clothes smelled of gasoline.

She still had remnants of rope tied tightly on her legs and wrists and her body, particularly her back and legs, had first, second and third degree burns all over.  Her lungs were filled with carbon monoxide.

Shah could not say whether the burns happened while Hayley was alive.   She also couldn’t say if they occurred before or after she fell in the hallway.

Judge Jon Blue lifted the embargo he imposed last week and allowed Komisarjevsky taped police interview to be released.

Police Interview: (Slow loading)

Part One http://nhregister.com/articles/2011/09/27/news/doc4e80f2700a6cc076162002.txt

Part Two http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2011/09/26/news/doc4e81058446d4d695903899.txt?viewmode=fullstory

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.