May 13, 2024, 02:24:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #14  (Read 435439 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1620 on: September 04, 2008, 01:04:15 PM »

A mother's mitochondrial DNA is always identical to her children's mitochondrial DNA.  If all they tested was mitochondrial, then they would not be able to distinguish between Casey and Caylee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_DNA

Then what was said is accurate. If there were a "dead ring" around hair that was a match for Casey and Caylee, then by process of elimination it would have to be Caylee's because Casey is alive.

Hmmmmm. How "attackable" is the determination of death by a death ring? I'm sure Jose is looking into that.
FLGrammy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1621 on: September 04, 2008, 01:04:24 PM »

DNA Analysis Unit II
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Washington, DC

Introduction

The FBI Laboratory began conducting studies on the feasibility of mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) analysis for human identity testing in the late 1980s. Laboratory research began on a protocol for using mtDNA sequencing in forensic casework in 1992. After the sequencing technique was validated, examinations on evidentiary samples began in June 1996.

MtDNA sequencing is often used in cases where biological evidence may be degraded or small in quantity. Cases in which hairs, bones, or teeth are the only evidence retrieved from a crime scene are particularly well-suited to mtDNA analysis. Missing persons cases can benefit from mtDNA testing when skeletonized remains are recovered and compared to samples from the maternal relatives or personal effects of missing individuals. Also, hairs recovered at crime scenes can often be used to include or exclude individuals using mtDNA testing. This review will examine the process of mitochondrial DNA typing, including the interpretation of results, the phenomenon of heteroplasmy, the mtDNA population database, presentation of mtDNA population statistics, quality assurance issues, and testimonial experience.

Back to the topical list

Mitochondrial DNA Background

Mitochondrial DNA differs from nuclear DNA in its location, its sequence, its quantity in the cell, and its mode of inheritance (Figure 1). The nucleus of the cell contains two sets of 23 chromosomes—one paternal set and one maternal set. However, cells may contain hundreds to thousands of mitochondria, each of which may contain several copies of mtDNA. Nuclear DNA has many more bases than mtDNA, but mtDNA is present in many more copies than nuclear DNA. This characteristic of mtDNA is useful in situations where the amount of DNA in a sample is very limited. Typical sources of DNA recovered from crime scenes include hair, bones, teeth, and body fluids such as saliva, semen, and blood.

In humans, mitochondrial DNA is inherited strictly from the mother (Case and Wallace 1981; Giles et al. 1980; Hutchison et al. 1974). Thus, the mtDNA sequences obtained from maternally related individuals, such as a brother and a sister or a mother and a daughter, will exactly match each other in the absence of a mutation (Figure 2). This characteristic of mtDNA is advantageous in missing persons cases as reference mtDNA samples can be supplied by any maternal relative of the missing individual (Ginther et al. 1992; Holland et al. 1993; Stoneking et al. 1991). However, mtDNA analysis is limited when compared to nuclear DNA analysis in that it cannot discriminate between individuals of the same maternal lineage.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1622 on: September 04, 2008, 01:04:56 PM »

GLOBE - Sept 8, 2008

KnayKnay
Monkey Junky

The Good Witch!

« Reply #1623 on: September 04, 2008, 01:05:01 PM »

Tim Miller, the leader of EquuSearch, was asked about the Anthony family not being cooperative, and that they claim searchers are wasting their time.

"I don't want to talk about Casey. I don't want to talk about Cindy. I want to find Caylee, and it's obvious we're not going to get any help from anybody else so we just have to do it ourselves and I think they could make it easier for us, but I don't think that we need them either. We'll do the best we can do without them," Miller said.

The sheriff's office has also donated the use of its airboats and mounted patrol division.

Miller hopes the media will not focus on the tension with the Anthonys, but put out the call for more volunteers.

CLAP CLAP CLAP - Yay Tim - you are my hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully someday soon baby Caylee will have some peace!
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1624 on: September 04, 2008, 01:06:16 PM »

I still see resemblance between Caylee & JP or is it JC? Chatt

Me too, but I won't say it again...I get yelled at when I do. LOL 
pmadams
Scared Monkey

My Little Monkey

« Reply #1625 on: September 04, 2008, 01:06:20 PM »

Does anyone know how I can reach Tim Miller directly through e-mail? I have some info that might be important in the search. I am a new here, still trying to find my way around. Thanks. Question

We don't have an email for him but one of our members has his phone number. I believe she's offline right now. If you want to email me a contact for you, I can get it to her via phone.

mrskub@hotmail.com

Thank you! I sent you the info!
The Doc
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1626 on: September 04, 2008, 01:06:24 PM »

I personally don't think George or Lee are the Father of Caylee. I don't think Casey knows who the Father is. She has been promiscuous for quite some time, obviously. That's also a trait of a sociopathic narcissist.  

mrskub ... I do not think one way or the other.  George or Lee fathering Caylee is not even a thought.

What is the foundation of this speculation?

Janet

Janet I am with you.....I really can't believe that either is the father of Caylee....

I don't think Caylee is a product of incest either.  I think Casey just doesn't know who the father is.  She might have it narrowed down to five or ten guys, but I'll bet she was too humiliated to have the family support division invite them all in for DNA testing.

Is it time to call Maury????????
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1627 on: September 04, 2008, 01:07:15 PM »

Okay so i dont see that new Lawyer handeling problems with the media..
So what is their reason for needing A CRIMINAL Defense attorney?Take your pick..

Our criminal defense practice includes:
* Drug Offenses
* Possession / Delivery
* Conspiracy / Trafficking
* RICO
* Deportation
* Weapon / Firearm Offenses
* Sex Offenses
* Tax Evasion
* Internet Crimes
* Computer related Sex Cases
* Robbery & Burglary
* Sexual Battery / Lewd and Lascivious
* Bail & Bond Proceedings * Murder / Homicide
* Federal Offenses
* ID Theft
* Domestic Violence
* Juvenile Crimes
* Post Conviction Relief
* White Collar Crimes
* Petit & Grand Theft
* Money Laundering
* DUI & DWLS
* Crimes of Violence
* VOP
* Appeals
* Sealing or Expunging

Choosing a criminal defense attorney to represent you may be one of the most important decisions you will ever make, and the one that could change your life and your family’s life for ever. Our law firm in Orlando has been successfully defending clients since 1980. Experience does count.

Unless Cindy and George are guilty of something, then perhaps they need an attorney to take Casey to court (for stealing money)... and based on all the "mother of the year" crap, that doesn't seem likely.

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
da_wench
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1628 on: September 04, 2008, 01:07:16 PM »

I personally don't think George or Lee are the Father of Caylee. I don't think Casey knows who the Father is. She has been promiscuous for quite some time, obviously. That's also a trait of a sociopathic narcissist.  

mrskub ... I do not think one way or the other.  George or Lee fathering Caylee is not even a thought.

What is the foundation of this speculation?

Janet

Many have thought it from the beginning. Padilla just infeered it yesterday.

Now that I see so many posts on the possibility of the father being George, I keep playing the clip of him screaming into the camera "the body in the car was not my granddaughter".  I don't know if those were his exact words but they are close.  This keeps  popping into my hear.  Of course I or we don't know and forgive me if I'm just adding fuel to the fire.

I saw that clip again last night.  Didn't he say, "the dead body in my granddaughter's car is not my granddaughter"?  I would imagine that it would be easy to misspeak when you are upset and on camera.  I don't think it was a Freudian slip of any kind.  I just think George is losing it.  He knows his granddaugher is dead and that it's his daughter's fault.  I'm on the fence about whether or not Gpa helped dispose of Caylee's body or helped in hiding evidence.  I won't be surprised if that's the case.  Nothing would surprise me at this point...not even incest...but I just not ready to go there yet.

I know where Avery is, but WHERE'S CAYLEE?
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1629 on: September 04, 2008, 01:08:20 PM »

A mother's mitochondrial DNA is always identical to her children's mitochondrial DNA.  If all they tested was mitochondrial, then they would not be able to distinguish between Casey and Caylee.

Then what was said is accurate. If there were a "dead ring" around hair that was a match for Casey and Caylee, then by process of elimination it would have to be Caylee's because Casey is alive.

Hmmmmm. How "attackable" is the determination of death by a death ring? I'm sure Jose is looking into that.

Yes, if there is a ring then it was Caylee's hair and she was dead when it was shed. 
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1630 on: September 04, 2008, 01:09:04 PM »

I still see resemblance between Caylee & JP or is it JC? Chatt

Me too, but I won't say it again...I get yelled at when I do. LOL 

Why do you get yelled at? IMO, out of all the guys we've seen, Caylee looks most like him.  Coincidence or not.

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
BlueKYGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1631 on: September 04, 2008, 01:09:58 PM »

r it is possible that cord blood was saved in the hospital...now that would be definitive.  I doubt we will know for sure.

I doubt Casey was the type to pay thousands of dollars to save cord blood for a child she didn't want in the first place. (That stolen 45K went somewhere, but I'm guessing not to a blood bank).  It would make things simple, though!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1632 on: September 04, 2008, 01:10:43 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/17388359/detail.html

Cindy Anthony: Search Leader Exploiting Caylee
Casey Anthony Won't Face Judge Today

POSTED: 8:30 am EDT September 4, 2008
UPDATED: 12:51 pm EDT September 4, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The group that has been searching for missing toddler Caylee Anthony is back at it on Thursday.

Texas EquuSearch was joined by the Orange County Sheriffs Office and have changed their headquarters location.

The groups have set up in a parking lot of an newly built industrial complex near Orlando International Airport.

EquuSearch team members said they are re-energized Thursday after almost packing up and leaving on Wednesday. The sheriff's office offered them $5,000 in resources to continue looking for Caylee, who was reported missing in mid-July shortly before her mother, Casey Anthony, 22, was arrested on child neglect charges.

Grandmother Cindy Anthony released a statement on Thursday and said, "Leonard Padilla and Tim Miller came to me under false pretenses. Both claiming their sole purpose to find Caylee alive. Tim Miller misrepresented his intentions, and is falsely accusing me of not cooperating with him, when it is evident his motives were to obtain publicity for his organization at the expense of exploiting my granddaughter's disappearance. Tim Miller tried to discredit Kid Finders Network by falsely stating that they tried to pull out of the search for Caylee. Mr. Miller also claims that he spent twelve hours in my home with my family including Casey, when in fact he spent only a few hours total with me and minutes with Casey. This is an example of Tim Miller following in Leonard Padilla's footsteps. Although I feel his organization has a purpose, his misrepresentation has tainted the efforts of so many people with good intentions. I would have expected Tim Miller to speak with me one on one, rather than me hearing him on Nancy Grace."

Tim Miller, the leader of EquuSearch, was asked about the Anthony family not being cooperative, and that they claim searchers are wasting their time.

"I don't want to talk about Casey. I don't want to talk about Cindy. I want to find Caylee, and it's obvious we're not going to get any help from anybody else so we just have to do it ourselves and I think they could make it easier for us, but I don't think that we need them either. We'll do the best we can do without them," Miller said.

The sheriff's office has also donated the use of its airboats and mounted patrol division.

Miller hopes the media will not focus on the tension with the Anthonys, but put out the call for more volunteers.
(snipped)
da_wench
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1633 on: September 04, 2008, 01:12:02 PM »

I'm not sure which show Cindy was on, but a few weeks ago when the media was constantly getting the name Casey and Caylee mixed up while on the air talking, Cindy had stated something about how she realized everyone was getting the names mixed up but at the time (Caylee's birth) Caylee was named that for a reason.  She never said what the reason was,but I do remember her acknowledging that. Anyone else remember that?  It may have been NG, or a morning show.  I'm a teacher so I was off all summer and can't remember whether it was a daytime show or at night. 

It's funny.. I think everybody gets the names mixed up. Even Cindy and George!  If Cindy herself chose the name (because Casey wasn't interested in picking one out), then it does lead one to the possibility that Cindy decided to name the baby after her two kids. Casey & Lee.  Still seems fairly innocent to me.  At least for now...

That makes sense. 

I know where Avery is, but WHERE'S CAYLEE?
invision
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1634 on: September 04, 2008, 01:12:32 PM »

Yes, if there is a ring then it was Caylee's hair and she was dead when it was shed. 

I believe the defense on his is ....the hair folical becomes "dead" once it leaves the head, whether it be from a live person or a dead person .... the ring can form on a dead piece of hair simply b/c it was shed from the body .... (I think that's what the argument was the other night on NG) 

I will no longer support lies and "mistruths", nor make excuses for people that do ... If I do, I am no better than Cindy Anthony .... I will continue to fight for the TRUTH for Caylee Marie ...
KnayKnay
Monkey Junky

The Good Witch!

« Reply #1635 on: September 04, 2008, 01:13:09 PM »

ORLANDO -- More volunteers turned out Thursday as the search for Caylee Anthony, 3,  picked up steam.

A new command post has been set up at 6317 TPC Blvd. in Orlando, where volunteers can sign up to help in the search.

Representatives from Texas EquuSearch told News 13 that by 8 a.m. Thursday, they had more than doubled the number of volunteers from previous search days.

Mandy Albritton, Texas EquuSearch's deputy directors said she wanted to thank Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary for helping get more people to help.

"He flipped the coin for us and lit a fire under this search and it's exploded the way we anticipated it would explode when we came into town. We are getting full cooperation from them, and it's a great thing. It's warming my heart," Albritton said.

EquuSearch is using four-wheelers, mounted patrol, airboats and even cadaver dogs in the search. They hope by the end of the day Thursday they will have had 500 volunteers signed up.

If you would like to volunteer, call (407) 851-6400, ext. 332.

Hopefully someday soon baby Caylee will have some peace!
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1636 on: September 04, 2008, 01:14:48 PM »

Klaas,

I know we must have the contact number for the LE that is handling this case.
Should the info that was just sent to Mrs Kub be sent to them?

Also just read the post from someone about the cord blood. There is already a file somewhere with Caylees DNA that is how Jesse was able to eliminate himself. JMHO

Just a swinging with the tribe
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #1637 on: September 04, 2008, 01:16:09 PM »

Klaas,

I know we must have the contact number for the LE that is handling this case.
Should the info that was just sent to Mrs Kub be sent to them?

Also just read the post from someone about the cord blood. There is already a file somewhere with Caylees DNA that is how Jesse was able to eliminate himself. JMHO

Send the info to both

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1638 on: September 04, 2008, 01:16:21 PM »

CINDY ANTHONY MAKES STRONG STATEMENT VIA EMAIL

Late Thursday morning, Eyewitness News received a statement from Casey Anthony's mother. In an email, she blasts the bounty hunter who helped get Casey released on bond and the organizer of the search organization.

"Leonard Padilla and Tim Miller came to me under false pretenses. Both claiming their sole purpose to find Caylee alive. Tim Miller misrepresented his intentions, and is falsely accusing me of not cooperating with him, when it is evident his motives were to obtain publicity for his organization at the expense of exploiting my granddaughters disappearance. Tim Miller tried to discredit Kid Finders Network by falsely stating that they tried to pull out of the search for Caylee. Mr. Miller also claims that he spent twelve hours in my home with my family including Casey, when in fact he spent only a few hours total with me and minutes with Casey. This is an example of Tim Miller following in Leonard Padillas footsteps. Although I feel his organization has a purpose, his misrepresentation has tainted the efforts of so many people with good intentions. I would have expected Tim Miller to speak with me one on one, rather than me hearing him on Nancy Grace."

There are no words that express the hate and evil this woman has in her soul!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1639 on: September 04, 2008, 01:16:23 PM »

Also, I read that Lee was married to his high school sweetheart for 5 yrs.  She divorced him - in part because he was such a pathological liar.

Do you know if that has been verified?

Haven't heard anything about that.

My sister terri was married to George Anthony during the mid to late 70’s. They dated all through high school and married for about 5 years, of not so wonderful wedding bliss.
She can tell you that George Anthony was an habitual liar. He had to always fabricate his stories, constantly lying, that was the main reason they divorced.
George’s father Lee, owned and operated a very successful used car dealership for many years in Niles, Ohio, called Anthony’s Auto Sales, before retiring to Florida.
I wonder were George learned to lie so well. He was born in to it, litterally.
As they say, “Like father, like daughter.”
Give my sister a call and she’ll enlighten you of George Anthony’s dark, deceitful side evidently passed on to his daughter.
Her name now is Terri Vandervault, living in Niles, Ohio

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.