May 13, 2024, 11:39:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #36 06/30/05 Thursday-DAY  (Read 213599 times)
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #480 on: June 30, 2005, 02:17:00 PM »

OK...I am trying to cut down on my quoting so I will just put it all here.

kla...thanks. So, Absolut...if Deepak went to work at 4 then he would have had to get the car from Jorans. (not a problem I guess) How far do they live apart?

And as far as the Croes guy...something is fishy. He said he did NOT meet the VDS's before that night and was directed to their home by kids on the beach (with Beth in the car). I would like to hear Beth's take on this guy since she was in the car. And my understanding is that he received a call asking about a call from Natalee's phone. He did not say WHO called him but inferred it was maybe Jug? Anyway, then he went and met with Beth and that's when the whole process of finding who Joran was started.

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
xcptnl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #481 on: June 30, 2005, 02:17:36 PM »

Quote from: "cast"
Quote from: "golden"
Quote from: "dragonfly"
Quote from: "KerinTX"
Quote from: "sandraK"
See, I missed the very beginning of the interview with CC.  I did hear him say that he was brought into it because of a "call that came from one of our phones", but would not say who the call was to or from.  That in itself opens a whole new can of worms, a whole new set of questions.  Without knowing one thing about that call, all we have is speculation.  Someone had a rented phone and made a phone call is all we know, right?

He is a Friend of the VdS'S

HUH? He clearly stated on Greta's show that he had NEVER met the VDS family before that night!

That's what I thought.  He had to have some kid from the beach show him where they live, right?

From my understanding of the interview last night - someone from Natalee's family called him.

He was referred to as a friend of the VDS this morning on FOX.  Last night he said he did not know them before this incident.  He also said something about Joran asking him about a call made from a cell phone.  That whole interview was choppy.  It seemed like a lot of what he actually said was cut out.  I'm still not clear how he came to be in contact with BHT.
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #482 on: June 30, 2005, 02:18:01 PM »

Quote from: "tcumom"
Quote from: "Onnimus"
Pine, thanks for making the statement about Equisearch because I think a lot of people have no idea what their group is all about. They are not the police, but they "aid" the police. They don't do home searches. They are highly trained (as are their animals) and have been very successful in their efforts. (despite the claims on some members on this board)
I live in TX and they are VERY well-respected!

I can think of one case that sticks out in my mind that Equisearch was not able to find......Rachel Cooke. (This is NOT a criticism of Equisearch, read on...) That made me very sad because they are so good, and this girl vanished without a trace while out for a run near her home....I think the police know that Rachel likely got within a few blocks of her home before whatever happened and she vanished, at least that's what I read-- she was SO close to home. I don't even remember this case getting national attention, I found out about a lot more compelling missing person cases when I did web searches during some of the most covered ones....Dru Sjodin...Chandra Levy...Laci Peterson...Maura Murray, and then I started finding out just how MANY missing people there ARE in the U.S. who vanished without a trace.

I seriously hope this does not happen in the Natalee case. I can't imagine not knowing where my daughter is for even a day much less indefintely..... Sad Texas Equisearch is very commendable for trying to help in these cases.

I hope y'all don't mind my putting in a couple of comments about Rachel Cooke...a few of you on here have received PMs from me concerning Equusearch as in regards to Rachel.  Her case is heartbreaking-she is from Georgetown, as am I.  I teach art and had her as a student.  Her mom was a co-teacher with me....now she teachs art at the high school.  Rachel, the authorities believe, was probably abducted a few hundred feet from her home.....they don't believe she made it inside from having finished long-distance running.  The searches by Tim Miller and other groups went on for several weeks....hundreds of people....for some reason I still can't fathom, it was never picked up by the national news.  Heartbreaking.  As you all can imagine, the toll on the family has been tremendous.  Don't feel as if I'm saying anything out of line, as all this is public knowledge.
I apologize for the terribly long post.  tcumom

I live just north of you, and followed that case.  An internet friend on another forum was a high school friend of hers and it really hurt her.  I wondered if there had ever been any progress once the limelight went in other directions.

So sad.
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #483 on: June 30, 2005, 02:18:22 PM »

Quote from: "Bamagal73"
Just in case this hasn't been posted yet, you can find the video of Joran's "smirk" at foxnews.com.  Click on the redbar at the top where it says video.

hahah that was weird lol..... i was just typin up the same thing..dont know when they through it up there, cause ihaev been lookin all day!

Kelly
golden
Scared Monkey

« Reply #484 on: June 30, 2005, 02:18:47 PM »

Quote from: "Scott"
For those of you with DirecTV...not sure if you're aware or not, but when there are breaking or ongoing news stories such as the Natalee Holloway case, Channel 102 (DirecTV New Mix) is a good source for seeing what each of the cable news channels are airing.  They show six mini-screens of Fox News, CNN, CNN Headline News, MSNBC, CNBC...and The Weather Channel.

Thanks.  That's cool. Never saw that before.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
candygirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #485 on: June 30, 2005, 02:18:48 PM »

Candygirl,

I feel like this won't hurt Aruban tourism...I feel like most people would still feel safe going there, and now there is the curiosity factor..people will want to go see the places they are seeing on tv..the natural bridge, the lighthouse....etc.

I mean, did you see those girls who were on the news being interviewed as they entered Carlos and Charlies? Knowing what happened to Natalee did not slow them down a bit....they were in full party mode. I've heard some local (to me) high school age kids talking and none of them are afraid to go to Aruba, they insist they would just use the buddy system and not hook up with "strange" boys. I'd still bet money they'd get down there, meet some fellow tourists in their hotel and get a false sense of security and probably still let their guards down more than they think they would.

The lesson here is......what, actually? I guess the lesson here is even a responsible  teen can have the INTENT to not place themselves in bad situations but still somehow make mistakes, or let their guard down for a second...trust the wrong person etc. I worry about when my baby daughter grows up, things will have changed more by that time, and I am already worrying NOW how I can keep her safe...but not letting her travel is not the answer. I even feel sure that Natalee knew to be careful etc....

I totally agree with you........I would still go myself if funds allowed.
Teens just need to stick in groups, no matter where they are, aruba, cancun or the usa.
I gotta go for now.....hopefully there will be NEW news when I get back. Have to go see my attorney...uuuurrrggg!

Smiles Are Free, Pass One Around Please
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #486 on: June 30, 2005, 02:19:00 PM »

Just in case this hasn't been posted yet, you can find the video of Joran's "smirk" at foxnews.com.  Click on the redbar at the top where it says video.

....also soon to be added to his myspace and tickle pages.....

dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #487 on: June 30, 2005, 02:19:37 PM »

What about a transcript of the interview with Charles Croes?  Anyone know if or where this may be found?  I would love to read over it again and try to make some sense out of what I heard.  I know his interview was VERY edited, but still interesting.
bogey_blusey_chaston
Scared Monkey

« Reply #488 on: June 30, 2005, 02:19:47 PM »

Candygirl,

I feel like this won't hurt Aruban tourism...I feel like most people would still feel safe going there, and now there is the curiosity factor..people will want to go see the places they are seeing on tv..the natural bridge, the lighthouse....etc.

I mean, did you see those girls who were on the news being interviewed as they entered Carlos and Charlies? Knowing what happened to Natalee did not slow them down a bit....they were in full party mode. I've heard some local (to me) high school age kids talking and none of them are afraid to go to Aruba, they insist they would just use the buddy system and not hook up with "strange" boys. I'd still bet money they'd get down there, meet some fellow tourists in their hotel and get a false sense of security and probably still let their guards down more than they think they would.

The lesson here is......what, actually? I guess the lesson here is even a responsible  teen can have the INTENT to not place themselves in bad situations but still somehow make mistakes, or let their guard down for a second...trust the wrong person etc. I worry about when my baby daughter grows up, things will have changed more by that time, and I am already worrying NOW how I can keep her safe...but not letting her travel is not the answer. I even feel sure that Natalee knew to be careful etc....

Ominus,
It may be just ME , but I for one will NEVER go tour Aruba because of their attitude towards this incident.  I also hope all Americans feel the same way.  Nor will I travel to Holland, or probably Belgium just for principle.  When I dont like something, I boycott.  lol, I cant find many places to eat in my small town, but so be it.  That is just my little way of handling things I dont like.  Aruba and the Dutch can go down the drain for all I care. Sorry if this sounds crass, but my money can be spent better in other destinations. B
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #489 on: June 30, 2005, 02:19:48 PM »

Quote from: "Scott"
For those of you with DirecTV...not sure if you're aware or not, but when there are breaking or ongoing news stories such as the Natalee Holloway case, Channel 102 (DirecTV New Mix) is a good source for seeing what each of the cable news channels are airing.  They show six mini-screens of Fox News, CNN, CNN Headline News, MSNBC, CNBC...and The Weather Channel.

Thanks for the info Scott.. I have driect.. never knew abou that station..lol
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #490 on: June 30, 2005, 02:20:41 PM »

TCU mom.

How long do you go before the searches stop and you have to go on somehow. In other words, how long does Beth probably say in Aruba?
~TAZ_MAN~
Scared Monkey

« Reply #491 on: June 30, 2005, 02:21:08 PM »

Aruba May Prosecute in Missing Teen Case

ORANJESTAD, Aruba - Aruba's attorney general said Thursday she could prosecute a case in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway even if the Alabama teenager's body is not found.

Caren Janssen also said investigators have found no evidence to suggest that the 18-year-old Holloway, who disappeared May 30, was dead.

"There are no traces or facts to come to the conclusion that Natalee is no longer alive," Attorney General Caren Janssen told The Associated Press in a telephone interview.

"But that doesn't mean we can't prosecute without a body. It's difficult but not impossible."

Three young men remain in custody in Holloway's disappearance, but none has been charged.

Aruban officials have said previously a murder conviction is possible without a body, but the case requires strong evidence such as a confession, reliable statements and forensic evidence of wrongdoing. Aruba is a Dutch protectorate and as such operates under Dutch law.

Janssen declined to reveal Thursday what other evidence investigators might have.

Massive searches by     FBI agents, Dutch Marines, Aruban police and thousands of islanders have produced no trace of Holloway, who was celebrating her graduation from high school in Mountain Brook, Ala., when she disappeared.

Dutch teenager Joran van der Sloot, 17, and his friends, Surinamese brothers Deepak Kalpoe, 21, and Satish Kalpoe, 18, were the last people seen with Holloway the night she vanished. The three were questioned in the days after the disappearance but were not arrested until June 9.

Two other men detained in the case — van der Sloot's father, Paul, and party boat disc jockey Steven Croes — have been released.

Holloway's stepfather, George "Jug" Twitty, said the family was not surprised by Janssen's comments and was not losing hope the truth would be found.

"We may have no physical evidence, but there is a lot of other evidence of what may have happened in this case," Twitty told the AP.

Janssen, who has been tightlipped during the investigation, said she had decided to speak out because "there has been so much misinformation in the American press."

"I'm the lead prosecutor and I want to show that we are not a bunch of cowboys here," she said.

Janssen declined to be more specific about what she believed had been reported inaccurately.

Paul van der Sloot, an island judicial official, was arrested June 23 but released a few days later when a judge ruled there was not enough evidence to hold him.

Janssen said the elder van der Sloot gave his son and the Kalpoe brothers legal advice, telling them that "without a body there is no case."

"He confirmed to me that he told them that a few days after she disappeared," Janssen told the AP.

Janssen also alleged Paul van der Sloot, a 52-year-old judge in training in Aruba, obstructed authorities' investigation by asking one of his son's friends, who had been interrogated, what he told police.

But Janssen said Paul van der Sloot was detained for being a suspect in the disappearance, not for obstructing the investigation.

Calls to the van der Sloot residence Thursday seeking comment were not answered.

A group of volunteer rescuers from Texas, which began searches Saturday, began a partial pullout from Aruba on Wednesday, with nine of the 27 volunteers returning home. But the group said it planned to bring in replacements for those who had left.

___

Innocent people dont lie.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #492 on: June 30, 2005, 02:21:15 PM »

What about a transcript of the interview with Charles Croes?  Anyone know if or where this may be found?  I would love to read over it again and try to make some sense out of what I heard.  I know his interview was VERY edited, but still interesting.

should be on Greta's site at FOX

Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #493 on: June 30, 2005, 02:21:31 PM »

I mean, IS this not enough to bring father back in?? Can you get any more reasonable suspicion? The father even admitted to the conversation but said he didnt intend on it seeming like that, and that he was just "coaching" him though so he doesnt panic! Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!!

PALM BEACH, Aruba (CNN) -- An Aruban judge briefly held in the disappearance of an Alabama teenager told his son -- who is still in police custody -- that without a body police would have no case, the island's chief prosecutor said Wednesday

Kelly
xcptnl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #494 on: June 30, 2005, 02:22:47 PM »

Quote from: "bogey_blusey_chaston"
Candygirl,

Ominus,
It may be just ME , but I for one will NEVER go tour Aruba because of their attitude towards this incident.  I also hope all Americans feel the same way.  Nor will I travel to Holland, or probably Belgium just for principle.  When I dont like something, I boycott.  lol, I cant find many places to eat in my small town, but so be it.  That is just my little way of handling things I dont like.  Aruba and the Dutch can go down the drain for all I care. Sorry if this sounds crass, but my money can be spent better in other destinations. B

Will you ever travel to Florida?  Washington DC?  As I stated before we will all be very limited in our travel if we don't go to places that have botched criminal cases.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #495 on: June 30, 2005, 02:23:28 PM »

where's Nikki when meds are needed?

sandraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #496 on: June 30, 2005, 02:23:54 PM »

FOX has Re-run it a Zillion times..AND still makes no Sense Rolling Eyes
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #497 on: June 30, 2005, 02:24:11 PM »

Investigators learned about the elder Van Der Sloot's conversation with the three during questioning of one of the Kalpoe brothers, Janssen said, and when asked about the comment, the elder Van Der Sloot replied that he had been speaking about such a situation only "generally."

So now, you heard it from Mickey during the Greta interview, and from one of the Kalpoe brothers..so you can now assume that Mickey was telling the truth (assume).  So i think that is more than enough to pull him back in................ That is a bit too sketchy for me!!!!!! One of the brothers even admitted to it!

Kelly
Bamagal73
Scared Monkey

« Reply #498 on: June 30, 2005, 02:24:41 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161233,00.html
cast
Scared Monkey

« Reply #499 on: June 30, 2005, 02:26:43 PM »

should be on Greta's site at FOX

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161233,00.html

Transcript of Greta and Charles Croes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.