May 15, 2024, 01:57:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #710 1/03 - 1/09/2007  (Read 253311 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #600 on: January 08, 2008, 10:40:02 AM »

Also posted at RU - nice to see some of the RU posters making sense:

Quote from: K_Meine
the similarities in these two statements:

Ex 1:

Oranjestad, Aruba (CNN) - One of three young suspects arrested Thursday in the investigation into the disappearance of an Alabama teenager has confessed to her murder, a senior police official said late Friday.

The suspect has agreed to lead police to the body of 18 year old Natalee Holloway, the police official said.

"This was a murder, I've seen the evidence and you haven't" Jan van der straaten Chief of Police

Ex 2:

Gary Michael Hilton, 61, showed investigators the spot where Meredith Emerson's body lay, said John Cagle, an agent with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation's Field Division.

Residents reported seeing Hilton's van in the Dawson Forest Management Area, where the body was found, miles from where Emerson was last seen, Cagle said. A search had been planned there before Hilton told authorities where to look, he said.

The wiry, grizzled Hilton was well known in the area, often seen with his dog, Dandy, and police-style baton, Union County Sheriff Scott Stephens said. Hilton was the last person seen on the trail with Emerson, and investigators had gotten countless calls since identifying him as a person of interest in her disappearance, Stephens said.

The former was recanted and some say it was a misquote and taken out of context. The same could probably be said about the latter except that it produced results. Anyone have any ideas as to why?
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #601 on: January 08, 2008, 10:53:29 AM »

Good Morning!   Thanks Hotshot! Do you know anything about GVC house.... was it always yellow? Looking for a house that could be confused with Astrid's or maybe Lorenzo's. TIA

Did anyone notice anything when they opened that blog link that  Klaas posted last night, or is it just me? Shocked

Well, I guess it's just me...It showed my ISP, my internet company and what IE I had and then said ha ha!

Had it opened for a while before I went to read and it was a couple down ...went Shocked
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #602 on: January 08, 2008, 10:57:07 AM »

Good Morning!   Thanks Hotshot! Do you know anything about GVC house.... was it always yellow? Looking for a house that could be confused with Astrid's or maybe Lorenzo's. TIA

Did anyone notice anything when they opened that blog link that  Klaas posted last night, or is it just me? Shocked

Well, I guess it's just me...It showed my ISP, my internet company and what IE I had and then said ha ha!

Had it opened for a while before I went to read and it was a couple down ...went Shocked

Yeah, there are programs that do that.  The same thing happens at the RaceJunkies forum.  I'm not sure but my guess is only you can read it but it is surprising to see. Very Happy
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #603 on: January 08, 2008, 11:06:16 AM »

oh.....yes, it was in a little box inside some guys post. I have seen those many times before around the net.

~~~~~~~~~
Julia must be all done with RU now that Joran is free.  Rolling Eyes
Guess she has nothing to disinform about now  Rolling Eyes
No posts since Dec. 23rd.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #604 on: January 08, 2008, 11:17:44 AM »

Klaas and Nut thanks...now I feel much better...maybe I'll go back and read! Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #605 on: January 08, 2008, 11:18:03 AM »

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/3418/5/#jc_allComments

Homber a cay den laman bruto na conchi         
Tuesday, 08 January 2008 

Pa mas of menos 11.30 di mainta un homber lo mester a cay den laman na e parti bruto na natural pool esta conchi. Esaki ta hopi peligroso mirando e olanan grandi y e barancanan cu tin eynan. Nos tin informe cu e homber lo mester ta wanta na un di e barancanan. Autoridadnan policial, brandweer, helicopter y otronan ta na caminda pa e sitio

Through translator:

man owing to cay in sea bruto at conchi

tuesday, 08 january 2008

for more or less 11.30 of morning one man will have to owing to cay in sea at the part bruto at natural pool esta conchi. this is much dangerous mirando the olanan big y the barancanan cu have eynan. we have informe cu he will have to is wanta at one of the barancanan. autoridadnan policial, brandweer, helicopter y others is at caminda for her sitio come across
downloadingdaddy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #606 on: January 08, 2008, 11:38:58 AM »

Good Morning all!
Does anyone know if there has been any happenings in the kalpoe/dr. phil case? I haven't seen an update in a very long time.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #607 on: January 08, 2008, 11:41:27 AM »

Good Morning all!
Does anyone know if there has been any happenings in the kalpoe/dr. phil case? I haven't seen an update in a very long time.

Case Number: BC363201
DEEPAK KALPOE VS PHILLIP C MCGRAW
Filing Date: 12/13/2006
Case Type: Defamation (Slander/Libel) (General Jurisdiction)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Future Hearings
02/05/2008 at 08:30 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Motion Pro Hac Vice (2) MTN TO DISMISS3) MTN FOR SUBST. OF PERS. REP.FOR DECEASED DEFT4) MTN FOR STAY OF ORDER5) CASE MANAGEMENT CONF6) OSC RE FTA ON 12/7/07)

02/29/2008 at 08:30 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Motion to Compel ((2))

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #608 on: January 08, 2008, 11:46:43 AM »

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/3418/5/#jc_allComments

Homber a cay den laman bruto na conchi         
Tuesday, 08 January 2008 

Pa mas of menos 11.30 di mainta un homber lo mester a cay den laman na e parti bruto na natural pool esta conchi. Esaki ta hopi peligroso mirando e olanan grandi y e barancanan cu tin eynan. Nos tin informe cu e homber lo mester ta wanta na un di e barancanan. Autoridadnan policial, brandweer, helicopter y otronan ta na caminda pa e sitio

Through translator:

man owing to cay in sea bruto at conchi

tuesday, 08 january 2008

for more or less 11.30 of morning one man will have to owing to cay in sea at the part bruto at natural pool esta conchi. this is much dangerous mirando the olanan big y the barancanan cu have eynan. we have informe cu he will have to is wanta at one of the barancanan. autoridadnan policial, brandweer, helicopter y others is at caminda for her sitio come across

Klaas, can you translate the translator?  Is this saying someone fell in the water at the natural bridge and they are trying to recover them?

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #609 on: January 08, 2008, 11:49:38 AM »

AZSunny - I'm not sure.  Let me run it through a Portuguese translator too.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #610 on: January 08, 2008, 11:50:46 AM »

Dr. Biden is on the view talking about important cases.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: January 08, 2008, 11:51:14 AM »

Didn't really help.  Maybe it says something like the man was watching the big waves and fell in?  Not sure.
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #612 on: January 08, 2008, 11:53:32 AM »

Didn't really help.  Maybe it says something like the man was watching the big waves and fell in?  Not sure.

Thanks anyway Klaas.  Speaking of big waves, have we heard anything from the Persistence since Sunday?  I don't see a new posting from Kyle since Sunday on his blog.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
sirensong
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #613 on: January 08, 2008, 12:22:27 PM »

Yes, someone had my IP address and and info in a little box, and a picture of a guy flipping me off Shocked Ticked me off. 
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #614 on: January 08, 2008, 12:27:51 PM »

Klaas ,
can you please post the photo of the drawing we all thought looked like Jerry Strawberry?  Thanks
Sam

Just a swinging with the tribe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #615 on: January 08, 2008, 12:31:10 PM »

Klaas ,
can you please post the photo of the drawing we all thought looked like Jerry Strawberry?  Thanks
Sam

FYI - most of these photos are in the Aruban Who's Who thread in the Important Case Document area, including this one:

JusticeforNatalee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #616 on: January 08, 2008, 12:37:42 PM »

I wonder if this is what Rudy is whining about:

Scroll down (bottom of page) and there is a blurb that repeats
the poor rating info in NG Traveler:

http://www.thebulletin.us/site/news.cfm?newsid=19174991&BRD=2737&PAG=461&dept_id=623508&rfi=6

"My client, Joran van der Sloot, played a MAJOR ROLE in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway."       
Antonio Carlo
sirensong
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #617 on: January 08, 2008, 12:38:59 PM »

Posted by MF at RU (Note: This was on a TV program per MF and I don't know the accuracy of what MF is posting or if it's published in Bondia or Arubatoday)

Gerold Dompig admits in the Holloway case
Should have focused more on the US part in the investigation
Something that did not happen due to pressure and intimidation by (i.e.) the FBI

by Tito Laclé

Requesting more help and involving the US, is one of the things that Dompig, who was the first Chief investigator wants to do. This is what he declared on the TV program "Ta Asina Ta" last night in his latest interview on this topic.

On the insistance of the presentator Tito Laclé, Dompig answered a series of questions directly related to this most commented and complicated case. From his thoughts on the closing of the case to the impact that the case had on Aruba, all this was answered last night by ex-chief of Police, Gerold Dompig.

On the fact that the case is closed, Dompig said that the case is not closed and should no be. Officially the suspect are no longer suspects. But the case can never be closed. There is more information that can come up later on. It is known that after long years, information can still come in. The decision is understandable but there might be new things happening that will open the case again. He goes further by saying that the case will have a solution. And if possible, this year, 2008.

On the question if Gerold Dompig stayed on the case from the beginning till the end, how much different it will be today. Dompig said that he does not want to speak of Dompig alone, but a team. What he would have done different is try to get more information from the US. Something that was very weak according to Dompig's statement.

It was confirmed last night that during his time as chief investigator, there was a lot of pressure coming from the American authorities and political threatening calls for intimidation (*). The pressure was enormous on Dompig as well as the whole team. It was known that once they focus on the US part, through the FBI or other agencies, there would be setbacks.

One of the points is that there is no treaty between Aruba and the US on this type of issues. If there was a treaty, it would have been easier for the FBI agents to assit Aruba in a more active and participating way, contrary to the case now. Something that even the FBI agents commented to Dompig on several occasions.

One the lessons that could be learned, Dompig always said that they could have done a better job. For the police, recoding the interrogations was good, but you must maintain your local language for the interrogations, which was something that was not done. They choose to use the Dutch language so that the Dutch investigators could follow the interrogations.

*(On tape Dompig said that intimidations came from a US congressman and he was even asked to go the States but refused to do so)

He makes me so mad.  Blaming everyone else for his screw up.  He wants FBI now?  They were more concerned about the lack of a treaty when they could have found Natalee?  They weren't worried about laws in place to protect the victims.  Wasn't he in charge?  If he wanted to do interrogations in local language, shouldn't he have insisted?  Is he admitting the Dutch friends of Paulus were telling him what to do?  I think that's  exactly what happened.  He blew it and has no one to blame but himself for being a loser.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #618 on: January 08, 2008, 12:39:31 PM »

Klaas
I am sorry but would lead me to the location of all the 302's given in this case to the FBI?  Are they all listed in the Important Case Documents thread or just a few?  I have seen them before, but I can't remember if I was here or at BFN. TIA
sirensong
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #619 on: January 08, 2008, 12:42:17 PM »

I wonder if this is what Rudy is whining about:

Scroll down (bottom of page) and there is a blurb that repeats
the poor rating info in NG Traveler:

http://www.thebulletin.us/site/news.cfm?newsid=19174991&BRD=2737&PAG=461&dept_id=623508&rfi=6

Question:?I'm thinking of a vacation on the island of Aruba. Should all the bad publicity from that recent murder case deter me?

Answer:?I'll tell you what might deter you. National Geographic Traveler recently rated the world's islands. It gave Aruba a low rating as one of the "Islands in Trouble: Under severe pressure, excessive tourism; many working to recover." The top-rated island is the Faroe Islands (Denmark); Aruba was rated No. 35. "A vacation factory with fabulous beaches," Aruba is "overbuilt, gaudy, fast losing its culture." "Cruise ships have resulted in a tacky downtown." A minority of reviewers calls Aruba "dynamic, interesting." You might want to read the whole review of islands in the November/December 2007 edition of National Geographic Traveler.

snip: 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.