May 13, 2024, 02:29:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #838 6/12/10 -6/14/10  (Read 855576 times)
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1760 on: June 14, 2010, 02:59:09 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/26/AR2010022601733.html

Dutch TV to air new story in Holloway case

The Associated Press
Friday, February 26, 2010; 5:22 AM

AMSTERDAM -- A Dutch television station is airing an interview with the man once suspected of involvement in the disappearance of U.S. teenager Natalee Holloway, in which he again claims to have disposed of her body.

Joran van der Sloot's latest confession to be broadcast by RTL Nieuws Friday doesn't fit with known facts about the Holloway case. Van der Sloot, 22, was last seen with Holloway before her disappearance while on vacation in Aruba in 2005.

He claims in the paid interview that Holloway accidentally fell from a balcony and he disposed of her body in a swamp.

He previously told an undercover reporter that she died unexpectedly while they were kissing and he dumped her body in the ocean.

Aruban prosecutors say they lack evidence to charge Van der Sloot.

Holloway fell over balcony, says Van der Sloot

Friday 26 February 2010

American teenager Natalee Holloway was killed after falling off a balcony at a friend's home after drinking whisky and taking cocaine, main suspect Joran van der Sloot is reported as saying in a German tv interview.

The Telegraaf, which has seen the 2.5 hour interview, says an emotional Van der Sloot made the confession in a hotel room in Dusseldorf.

Former police chief Gerard Dompig, who was involved in the initial investigation into Holloway's disappearance on the Caribbean island of Aruba in May 2005, says he believes the claim is worth further investigation.

Van der Sloot's new story fits with the time line and is very specific on the details, he told the Telegraaf.

Aruban officials have already dismissed the new statement as 'fantasy and lies'.

Whisky

In the statement, Van der Sloot says he, Natalee and another friend went to the friend's house where they took cocaine and drunk whisky.

Natalee climbed on to the edge of the balcony, he said. 'I think she was really drunk, so she started doing a sort of half strip tease, like she did on stage at Carls & Charlies,' he said.

'I walked to her to dance with her a bit, and I held her hips and when I let go she fell over the balcony.'

When the two ran down stairs, they found Natalee on the ground with a lot of blood. 'I think she hit the ground with her head first,' he is quoted as saying.

The two young men then put the body in a car and hid it in a swamp where he lost a shoe, he claims.

Alibi

The other youth has been given an alibi by his mother, the Telegraaf reports.

The new confession will be broadcast on RTL5 on Sunday night.

In 2008, Dutch tv crime journalist Peter R. de Vries claimed he had solved the mystery surrounding the girl's disappearance using a plant and a hidden camera.

During the programme, Van der Sloot told the plant, who was working for De Vries, that the girl was completely drunk and died while they were on the beach. Her body, he said, was dumped at sea.
Did we ever find out who helped him?

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2010/02/holloway_fell_over_balcony_say.php

[/quote]

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1761 on: June 14, 2010, 03:00:10 PM »

klaasend did you get my email?

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #1762 on: June 14, 2010, 03:01:39 PM »

Hi there,

Don't know if you've seen the (translated) full statement of Jurine in the Dutch Telegraaf yet.

http://tinyurl.com/35plaaq

Especially point 26 is weird:

"26. Is it true that you then have attracted her clothes and if so, why? (= put on her clothes)
- I really do not know, but I think so. It happened after her to have slain. It was her pants and her shoes, but nothing else. I do not know why I did it."

An investigative journalist/writer pointed out that he has seen this often with psychopaths who kill with a sexual motive.
So he thinks this possibly was a sexual murder.

Has there btw been other significant news today; any news on the bodily remains of Natalee?

That is just beyond bizarre. I just can`t imagine someone`s coil being so loose.

He definitely needs more cowbell... he`s got a fever.

*Dave and the gang are on the island. Still in a holding pattern, from what I have gathered.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1763 on: June 14, 2010, 03:02:10 PM »

None, of course the age of the computer makes a great deal of difference.  If he's used this laptop for some time, for years, it will have a lot of info on it.  Daddy Sloot may have been careful, but he couldn't control Joran after he left Aruba for the Netherlands.  Joran was a boastful braggart.  I believe the info is there.  Why else is Beth going to Peru? 

I think perhaps to deliver files, records, data, and so forth about Joran to the Peruvian officials. Holland and Aruba aren't going to send any background information, so Beth may want to make sure they know everything possible about Joran.
That makes sense.  Perhaps Beth is taking all of her records to the Peruvian authorities to help them build the case.  My thoughts that the computer forensics would reveal Natalee's location is probably wishful thinking.

BRING NATALEE HOME
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1764 on: June 14, 2010, 03:02:45 PM »

None, of course the age of the computer makes a great deal of difference.  If he's used this laptop for some time, for years, it will have a lot of info on it.  Daddy Sloot may have been careful, but he couldn't control Joran after he left Aruba for the Netherlands.  Joran was a boastful braggart.  I believe the info is there.  Why else is Beth going to Peru? 

AZLady, of course you are correct. So sorry to have posted a differing opinion.

Have a great day !

I don't know if I'm correct, but I'd like to discuss this with anyone who might help me understand it better.  It just seems very odd that Beth is going to Peru, at least it is to me.  I welcome any other ideas.

I'm not going to argue over a point that I wasn't even making a post regarding - Beth's trip to Peru.

My post was regarding the hard drive on the laptop.

I continue to stand with the girl.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1765 on: June 14, 2010, 03:04:55 PM »

img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/klaasen3/Sub8/JoranJapp1.jpg[/img]
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/26/AR2010022601733.html

Dutch TV to air new story in Holloway case

The Associated Press
Friday, February 26, 2010; 5:22 AM

AMSTERDAM -- A Dutch television station is airing an interview with the man once suspected of involvement in the disappearance of U.S. teenager Natalee Holloway, in which he again claims to have disposed of her body.

Joran van der Sloot's latest confession to be broadcast by RTL Nieuws Friday doesn't fit with known facts about the Holloway case. Van der Sloot, 22, was last seen with Holloway before her disappearance while on vacation in Aruba in 2005.

He claims in the paid interview that Holloway accidentally fell from a balcony and he disposed of her body in a swamp.

He previously told an undercover reporter that she died unexpectedly while they were kissing and he dumped her body in the ocean.

Aruban prosecutors say they lack evidence to charge Van der Sloot.

Holloway fell over balcony, says Van der Sloot

Friday 26 February 2010

American teenager Natalee Holloway was killed after falling off a balcony at a friend's home after drinking whisky and taking cocaine, main suspect Joran van der Sloot is reported as saying in a German tv interview.

The Telegraaf, which has seen the 2.5 hour interview, says an emotional Van der Sloot made the confession in a hotel room in Dusseldorf.

Former police chief Gerard Dompig, who was involved in the initial investigation into Holloway's disappearance on the Caribbean island of Aruba in May 2005, says he believes the claim is worth further investigation.
Van der Sloot's new story fits with the time line and is very specific on the details, he told the Telegraaf.

Aruban officials have already dismissed the new statement as 'fantasy and lies'.

Whisky

In the statement, Van der Sloot says he, Natalee and another friend went to the friend's house where they took cocaine and drunk whisky.

Natalee climbed on to the edge of the balcony, he said. 'I think she was really drunk, so she started doing a sort of half strip tease, like she did on stage at Carls & Charlies,' he said.

'I walked to her to dance with her a bit, and I held her hips and when I let go she fell over the balcony.'

When the two ran down stairs, they found Natalee on the ground with a lot of blood. 'I think she hit the ground with her head first,' he is quoted as saying.

The two young men then put the body in a car and hid it in a swamp where he lost a shoe, he claims.

Alibi

The other youth has been given an alibi by his mother, the Telegraaf reports.

The new confession will be broadcast on RTL5 on Sunday night.

In 2008, Dutch tv crime journalist Peter R. de Vries claimed he had solved the mystery surrounding the girl's disappearance using a plant and a hidden camera.

During the programme, Van der Sloot told the plant, who was working for De Vries, that the girl was completely drunk and died while they were on the beach. Her body, he said, was dumped at sea.
Did we ever find out who helped him?

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2010/02/holloway_fell_over_balcony_say.php

[/quote]

Oh, Dumb Pig's current "opinion" infuriates me!! He had every opportunity in the world to conduct a proper investigation and didn't. He just needs to shut up now and hope that he's never named as part of the cover up.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1766 on: June 14, 2010, 03:05:14 PM »

Have a great day !

I don't know if I'm correct, but I'd like to discuss this with anyone who might help me understand it better.  It just seems very odd that Beth is going to Peru, at least it is to me.  I welcome any other ideas.
To give her condolences to  Stephany Flores  family 

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1767 on: June 14, 2010, 03:05:44 PM »

Have a great day !

Beth is on Greta's ticket.. A free ride to visit insanity and in hopes that Joran will tell Beth where to find Natalee.
jmho

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1768 on: June 14, 2010, 03:07:16 PM »

http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/entertainment/201006/47973.php

Van der Sloot's Lawyer Trouble

Joran van der Sloot may never testify about Natalee Holloway’s disappearance in Aruba. Even if he is not killed in a Peruvian prison, as many fear will happen, The Daily Beast has learned that international red tape has led Aruban authorities to shut down their investigation—and now his lawyer has threatened to quit.

Barbie Latza Nadeau on how Stephany Flores’ murder case in Peru may prevent justice for Holloway. The private defense lawyer, Maximo Alonso Altez Navarro, hired by the family of Joran van der Sloot, told The Daily Beast on Monday that he may quit.

A source revealed to The Daily Beast that Mr. Altez Navarro had complained that the Van der Sloot family could not afford to pay for his services. He added he'd received threats and harassment during his representation of Joran van der Sloot.

The Peruvian defense attorney, who divides his time between Miami and Lima, had said he planned to ask the judge in the case to disregard van der Sloot's confession because he was not properly represented when interrogated. This was rejected by the Peruvian police.

It is unlikely that Van der Sloot will ever return to Aruba to face justice there—at least not in the near future.The killing of Stephany Flores has been the highest profile murder case in Peru for years and the Dutchman has attracted a significant amount of public anger. Anita van der Sloot, Joran's mother, is expected to arrive in Peru this week accompanied by a Dutch television crew.

Joran van der Sloot may never get the chance to testify about what happened to American teen Natalee Holloway who disappeared in Aruba on May 30, 2005. If he is not killed in prison, he may never be given the opportunity to talk about the Aruba case again—even if he wants to.

Van der Sloot’s confession in the murder of Stephany Flores has been enough for many to assume his guilt in the Holloway case as well. But it is unlikely that Van der Sloot will ever return to Aruba to face justice there–at least not in the near future. The attorney general in Aruba says that now that Van der Sloot has been charged and remanded for murder in Peru, they have to wait until after his trial—and perhaps until after his sentence ends—to question him again in the Aruba case. There is no extradition agreement between Peru and the Netherlands Antilles, and Aruban investigators have so far been denied access to van der Sloot.

There is currently no direct line of communication coming out of Peru, and Aruban investigators have admitted they have to rely on media reports to follow developments in the case. “Understandably, the Peruvians are concentrating on the death of their national first,” Taco Stein, attorney general for Aruba, told The Daily Beast. “We hope that once a trial has been fixed, we can initiate the proper channels to formally talk to him once again.”

Authorities in Aruba are also concerned that the 22-year-old Dutchman will be killed by a henchman in the notorious Miguel Castro Castro prison, where he may wait years for his trial to begin. He is on suicide watch and has limited access to funds in a prison where he must pay for his own food. Even if he survives the dangerous prison, he could also choose to keep the location of Holloway’s body a secret, using the information to barter for money or to try to get back to Aruba like he did last week during an intense interrogation in Lima, when he tried to leverage the information to be released to Aruban authorities. When Peruvian authorities refused to send him back to Aruba, he clammed up. “He let slip that he knew the place where this person was buried,” General Cesar Guardia told reporters in Peru last week. “But he would only testify before Aruba authorities.”

Authorities in the United States are expected to hit the same dead end with extortion charges lodged against Van der Sloot in Alabama. In late April of this year, Van der Sloot reached out to Holloway’s mother Beth Twitty through attorney John Q. Kelly, promising that he would finally tell her where her daughter’s body was buried in exchange for $250,000. Holloway’s attorney met Van der Sloot in Aruba and told the NBC Today show that he lured him with $100. He then contacted the Aruban authorities and the FBI who set up a joint sting operation. “It was a win-win situation.

He was either going to pay the money, and if the information turned out to be true, Beth would get closure, she’d bring Natalee home,” Kelly told NBC. “Assuming it was false, it would be extortion and wire fraud once falsehoods are proven. Either way, he’d be boxed in.”

• Dan Collyns & Barbie Latza Nadeau: Van der Sloot’s Latest Lie• Barbie Latza Nadeau & Dan Collyns: Van der Sloot Tells AllVan der Sloot was eventually paid $25,000 in cash and wire transfers to his Dutch bank account, but fled to Peru before the next scheduled meeting was to take place.

Kelly is deeply disappointed in the failed attempt, and the FBI has washed its hands of any responsibility in Flores’ murder. In a press release posted on the FBI website, they explain that because Van der Sloot was in Aruba when he contacted Kelly, they did not have enough of a case to bust the Dutch man. The statement says: “News accounts have also questioned why charges were not brought earlier, so that the tragic death of Stephany Flores could have been avoided … Despite having been in motion for several weeks at the time of Miss Flores’ death, it was not sufficiently developed to bring charges prior to the time Van der Sloot left Aruba.”

But even if he had stayed, it is unlikely he would have been held accountable for Holloway’s murder, even if he had told Holloway’s attorneys exactly what happened. Aruban authorities have never had great success investigating Van der Sloot, who, along with Deepak and Satish Kalpoe, has been arrested twice in connection with Holloway’s murder. Both times they were released due to lack of evidence—mainly Holloway’s body.

Had Van der Sloot stayed in Aruba, the American extortion case would have likely stuck. Kelly says he believes he would have been convicted of extortion. Doing time in an Alabama jail could have easily softened him up to finally tell the truth about Holloway. Doing time in Peru will likely have the opposite effect.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1769 on: June 14, 2010, 03:07:24 PM »

and what Blondie says too. Of course without a doubt, that is Beth all the way.
I love her so for that :}
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1770 on: June 14, 2010, 03:09:01 PM »

I have no link,etc.--only my memory, but I recall hearing/seeing Dave say several years ago that he would never return to Aruba again, so his now being there has surprised me & has re-kindled my hopes.   
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1771 on: June 14, 2010, 03:10:40 PM »

Have a great day !

To give her condolences to  Stephany Flores  family 

Exactly!!

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #1772 on: June 14, 2010, 03:13:27 PM »

Authorities in Aruba are also concerned that the 22-year-old Dutchman will be killed by a henchman in the notorious Miguel Castro Castro prison, where he may wait years for his trial to begin. He is on suicide watch and has limited access to funds in a prison where he must pay for his own food.

What`s it to you - you bloated, arrogant, pompous a-holes?

You're acting like he is the Prime Minister or something.

Get on with your lives. Get over it.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
OneHappyChica
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1773 on: June 14, 2010, 03:15:02 PM »

Folks, another thought on forensics on that laptop.

Joran knows the Peru LE has the laptop, yet he's still using Natalee's whereabouts as leverage?

Either he's beyond desperate and not realizing anything on that laptop/hard drive can be uncovered OR he knows there isn't anything on it to indicate her true location.

Why make the threat if the info is on the laptop? Just would not make sense but then since he compulsively lies always, perhaps he's just that stupid.

I think he continues to foster the notion that he's above the law...somehow corrupt Aruban officials or deceased daddy will come to the rescue of their beloved sporter. I suspect his initial confession wasn't accurate and he included Natalee details to distract and prompt a quick and easy transition to Aruban safety (he may also have done this to trigger immediate support of his corrupt cohorts). Joran's warped sense of reality coupled with his unsubstantiated grandeur and stupidity will ultimately be his demise.

He's the boy who cried wolf...maliciously taunting Natalee's family for years. The justice wolf has him now.

"Even when liars tell the truth, they are never believed. The liar will lie once, twice, and then perish..."

Hopefully, we will no longer have to endure Joran's fallacious verbal rants. The laptop may host incriminating truths.
EURobert
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1774 on: June 14, 2010, 03:15:02 PM »

Hi there,

Don't know if you've seen the (translated) full statement of Jurine in the Dutch Telegraaf yet.

"26. Is it true that you then have attracted her clothes and if so, why? (= put on her clothes)
- I really do not know, but I think so. It happened after her to have slain. It was her pants and her shoes, but nothing else. I do not know why I did it."

An investigative journalist/writer pointed out that he has seen this often with psychopaths who kill with a sexual motive.

Has there btw been other significant news today; any news on the bodily remains of Natalee?

That is just beyond bizarre. I just can`t imagine someone`s coil being so loose.

He definitely needs more cowbell... he`s got a fever.

*Dave and the gang are on the island. Still in a holding pattern, from what I have gathered.

Thnx Carpe

Something definitely has gone wrong with his wiring.
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1775 on: June 14, 2010, 03:19:54 PM »

June 14, 2010 | 2:22 PM ET
Landed in Los Angeles
Greta Van Susteren | Anchor

We landed about an hour ago after a long flight from Peru. On Friday (late Thursday?) I did not know I would be spending the weekend in Peru but, after we arranged some interviews, we hustled and got there and shot the interviews. I am not sure when you will see the interviews but I assume you will see some of it tonight at 10pm (it is an Executive Producer decision.)

As you might imagine, the American media is all over the case of Joran van der Sloot in Peru. Every news organization has had some presence and we hung out a bit with some people from NBC. The people in Peru could not have been more hospitable to us -- and yes, they all know the Natalee Holloway case. We were surprised when two 11 year old girls approached us in a rural area and asked us about it. I asked how they knew about it and they said it is all over the newspapers. (I didn't read the papers at 11, did you?)

Getting to LA was a bit of a challenge. We have an interview we are doing here (to air later) and our flight was about 4 hours late leaving Peru. (Here is a travel tip: if you are trying to kill 4 hours in an airport in another country in the middle of the night...and if you think it would be a good idea to take a shower and wash your hair just to feel better and to kill time...check to see if the airport shower facilities have a hairdryer BEFORE you wash your hair. Yes, don't ask.)

Our plan for today....hurry to do the interview that will air later..and then back to get ready for tonight's ON THE RECORD at 10pm.

http://gretawire.blogs.foxnews.com/landed-in-los-angeles/

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1776 on: June 14, 2010, 03:20:55 PM »

CNN just had Jean C on who is in Peru.  She spoke to Urine's former lawyer the Highest Maximus.  He said he wanted OFF the case.  Case has a load of problems.  If she wanted to know more talk to the family as they are in control and are looking for another private lawyer to take the case.  If they can not find one then he gets assigned a public defender.

Highest Maximus is washing his hands of it by the sounds of things. 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1777 on: June 14, 2010, 03:22:04 PM »

Authorities in Aruba are also concerned that the 22-year-old Dutchman will be killed by a henchman in the notorious Miguel Castro Castro prison, where he may wait years for his trial to begin. He is on suicide watch and has limited access to funds in a prison where he must pay for his own food.

What`s it to you - you bloated, arrogant, pompous a-holes?

You're acting like he is the Prime Minister or something.

Get on with your lives. Get over it.

That's a question I've been pondering for 5 whole years. With the damning light Natalee's case put the island in, WHY would they protect the punk? What's Paulus and Joran to the island vs all the bad publicity?

Unless Aruban authorities fear exposure to what they did in the cover up, what's Joran to them now? It's not like the world doesn't already know they're corrupt and covered up Natalee's murder. Maybe they just don't want it aired out again with the renewed interest. I'm hoping everything they did is revisited and exposed!
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1778 on: June 14, 2010, 03:22:15 PM »

June 14, 2010 | 2:35 PM ET
Note people living on hillside in cardboard boxes
Greta Van Susteren | Anchor

As you know, we were in Peru over the weekend. This is a pic of the hillside next to the prison where Joran van der Sloot is being held. Our cameraman is on the right hand side of the pic...in the distance you see the foothills with people living in homes made out of cardboard:

http://gretawire.blogs.foxnews.com/note-people-living-on-hillside-in-cardboard-boxes/

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1779 on: June 14, 2010, 03:22:30 PM »

Hi there,

I think that's a Spanish to Dutch translation error and it's meant to read he took OFF her pants.

Nothing really new today.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.