May 17, 2024, 01:47:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-Justice Denied/Casey Free #12 11/22/11 - 1/05/12  (Read 270773 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #680 on: January 01, 2012, 07:25:15 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-jeff-ashton-state-attorney-bid-20120101,0,4681614.story
Jeff Ashton explains why he's running for state attorney
By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel
January 1, 2012

Video at link.
Veteran prosecutor Jeff Ashton will formally announce this week that he is running for Orange-Osceola State Attorney, presenting what many consider the first real challenge in years to Ashton's old boss and longtime incumbent Lawson Lamar.

Ashton may be best known for his role in prosecuting Casey Anthony, but he spent a long career in the State Attorney's Office. In an exclusive interview, Ashton told the Orlando Sentinel that he plans to reshape an office he says is plagued by bureaucracy, politics and cronyism.

"One of the reasons I'm running is to basically give voters a choice," Ashton said during a blunt, free-wheeling interview before his official campaign filing. "I'm a prosecutor. I still think of myself as a prosecutor. And Mr. Lamar is primarily a politician.

"And so the people have a choice: Do you want a prosecutor, or do you want a politician?" he said.
 ::snipping2::

He does not shy from the Anthony case — which the prosecution lost. In fact, he says the trial shows him at his best, doing what he loves: being a prosecutor. But he said, "I hope that through this process we will be talking about a lot of things more than Casey Anthony."

"To me the most important aspects of what the State Attorney's Office does is the legal work product, the charging decisions, the presentation of cases in court, the representation of the people in the criminal courts of Orange and Osceola counties," Ashton said.

The political and management aspects of the job are necessary, he added, but always ancillary to the work the prosecutors do in the courtroom.

Ashton noted that Lamar doesn't try cases personally and has handled very few during his long tenure in office.

"There's no place to hide in a courtroom when you're trying a case," Ashton added. "People can look at that case [the Anthony trial] and draw their own conclusions about how they feel about me as a lawyer representing them or the state of Florida. There's no way to spin it. No political handler can change what came out in that courtroom and people's opinion of it."

He vowed to continue trying cases himself if elected to the top prosecutor's job.

Ashton said he wants to change a culture there that he insists does not allow for careful charging decisions.

The current system by which attorneys in an intake division determine the merits of criminal cases before they get assigned to trial attorneys causes the office not to be discriminating enough in the cases it prosecutes, Ashton says.

"There is a sort of when-in-doubt-file-[charges] mentality that is at play in the office," Ashton said.

This process, he said, discourages trial attorneys from challenging the charging decisions and taking personal responsibility for and ownership of the cases they try. It also has the potential of wasting taxpayer money and convicting the wrong people.

"I don't think our job as prosecutors is necessarily to rubber-stamp anybody else's opinion," he said.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #681 on: January 01, 2012, 01:09:05 PM »

Happy New Year, Good Monkeys.

Don't forget, today is the first airing of Dr G's show on Caylee on TLC.  I know it is at 4 pm here where I live, so that would probably be 8 pm on the far east coast.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #682 on: January 01, 2012, 01:15:25 PM »

Thanks for the reminder Akmom...

seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #683 on: January 01, 2012, 04:49:13 PM »

Don't forget, today is the first airing of Dr G's show on Caylee on TLC.  I know it is at 4 pm here where I live, so that would probably be 8 pm on the far east coast.

Thanks! I set a reminder on my TV......it's on here in Pennsylvania @ 8pm.

Happy (NO Casey) New Year!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #684 on: January 01, 2012, 05:57:59 PM »

Thanks for the reminder!

I put it in my calendar, but did not check it today!

8 PM on TLC on the East Coast.

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #685 on: January 01, 2012, 07:29:13 PM »

~ Happy New Year everyone! ~   

That's great news regarding Jeff Ashton!!       an angelic monkey
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #686 on: January 01, 2012, 08:08:55 PM »

Watching Dr. G's special.   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: January 01, 2012, 08:28:14 PM »

what channel/netword are you watching it on? thanks...

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #688 on: January 01, 2012, 08:45:55 PM »

TLC it's channel 280 on Direct TV.

Sorry I didn't check back sooner!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: January 01, 2012, 09:04:22 PM »

no problem..thanks ....I probably missed it but maybe some kind monkeys will tell us about it...

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #690 on: January 01, 2012, 09:09:02 PM »

no problem..thanks ....I probably missed it but maybe some kind monkeys will tell us about it...
It was awesome . . . Dr. G says without a doubt it was a homicide.  I wish the jurors had to watch this every day for the rest of their lives.  They set a killer free and for that they will have to answer.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #691 on: January 01, 2012, 09:10:56 PM »

If another monkeys doesn't go into detail . . . I can . . . right now I am just bawling and can hardly type.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #692 on: January 01, 2012, 09:17:44 PM »

It was awesome . . . Dr. G says without a doubt it was a homicide.  I wish the jurors had to watch this every day for the rest of their lives.  They set a killer free and for that they will have to answer.

I wish the 12 idiots would watch this and the Anthony tribe too..but they won't..they don't want to know the real truth imo...
Wonder if this show will be a repeat later this evening?

oldhippychik
Scared Monkey

« Reply #693 on: January 01, 2012, 09:23:23 PM »

It looks like it will repeat at 1 a.m. on TLC

The course of justice often prevents it.

EDWARD COUNSEL
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #694 on: January 01, 2012, 09:28:44 PM »

"Some bodies scream at you, others whisper," said Dr. G as she methodically went through the autopsy of Caylee.  She brings on board other experts, including one who specializes in children.  She takes the circumstantial evidence along with the scientific evidence and renders a decision.  Determing factors for her . . . duct tape on the face (not one piece, but three), the mother does not report the death for 31 days (even mother's strung out on drugs react differently she said), the body is dumped like garbage.  This is not a drowning -- in the last few years she has had 124 drownings of children and 100% of those cases all the children were sent to the hospital in hopes the child could be revived, because there is no way of telling how long the child has not been breathing even if their bodies are stiff.  She is admant is it a homicide.  There is no chloform in the bones because the bones are first dried as in no bone marrow and secondly, chloform disapiates within hours.  In her opinion, the duct tape was applied minutes after death or prior to death and she bases this on the fact that the jaw bone was still attached to the skull when in decomposition it will automatically fall away from the skull.  The defense's coroner in fact took the skull apart and it then fell apart, which Dr. G. said would happen and there was no need to take the skull apart because you could clearly see everything in the skull which was nothing, because the bones were dried.  Animals did indeed gnaw on the bones of Caylee as there were marks indicating that had happened. 
I believe this is showing again . . . if you missed it, try to watch . . . it is so compelling again that this was homicide.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: January 01, 2012, 09:29:40 PM »

It looks like it will repeat at 1 a.m. on TLC

lol..thanks but hopefully I will be sound asleep by then...
Hoarders is on that channel right now..I want to turn the channel but it is like I have to see what happens...

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #696 on: January 01, 2012, 09:31:03 PM »

P.S.  Ashton was also on the program and he said the jury wanted a CSI moment when the coroner could tell them the manner in which she died.  They just couldn't understand that to prove murder you don't need to tell how but if . . . and the if was proved . . . it was a homicide.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #697 on: January 01, 2012, 09:31:45 PM »

"Some bodies scream at you, others whisper," said Dr. G as she methodically went through the autopsy of Caylee.  She brings on board other experts, including one who specializes in children.  She takes the circumstantial evidence along with the scientific evidence and renders a decision.  Determing factors for her . . . duct tape on the face (not one piece, but three), the mother does not report the death for 31 days (even mother's strung out on drugs react differently she said), the body is dumped like garbage.  This is not a drowning -- in the last few years she has had 124 drownings of children and 100% of those cases all the children were sent to the hospital in hopes the child could be revived, because there is no way of telling how long the child has not been breathing even if their bodies are stiff.  She is admant is it a homicide.  There is no chloform in the bones because the bones are first dried as in no bone marrow and secondly, chloform disapiates within hours.  In her opinion, the duct tape was applied minutes after death or prior to death and she bases this on the fact that the jaw bone was still attached to the skull when in decomposition it will automatically fall away from the skull.  The defense's coroner in fact took the skull apart and it then fell apart, which Dr. G. said would happen and there was no need to take the skull apart because you could clearly see everything in the skull which was nothing, because the bones were dried.  Animals did indeed gnaw on the bones of Caylee as there were marks indicating that had happened. 
I believe this is showing again . . . if you missed it, try to watch . . . it is so compelling again that this was homicide.

thanks Sister for the details..I will probably try to catch it on Demand...xxxx

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #698 on: January 01, 2012, 10:05:36 PM »

My first thought was someone got to the jurors OR they are complete MON-SKULLS.
I think so one got to them...
Money talks  ....

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #699 on: January 01, 2012, 10:06:50 PM »

Run away jury......

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.