May 21, 2024, 01:30:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #564 12/22 - Christmas Eve  (Read 105140 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #500 on: December 23, 2006, 12:34:47 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
O/T

Be very wary of UPS. The driver told us last night that my missing laptop was sitting on a shelf at their office. The driver called again this morning to confirm that it was there and find out if we wanted him to deliver it or if we wanted to pick it up. Hubby said he'd pick it up. He went to the UPS office and the man at the counter told him again that we had no laptop there. The driver who had found it had to come in and get it off the shelf and give it to hubby. No one else at the office could find it sitting on their own shelf.  Rolling Eyes

So you have it now??  Glad to hear that anyway!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #501 on: December 23, 2006, 12:40:58 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "BTgirl"
O/T

Be very wary of UPS. The driver told us last night that my missing laptop was sitting on a shelf at their office. The driver called again this morning to confirm that it was there and find out if we wanted him to deliver it or if we wanted to pick it up. Hubby said he'd pick it up. He went to the UPS office and the man at the counter told him again that we had no laptop there. The driver who had found it had to come in and get it off the shelf and give it to hubby. No one else at the office could find it sitting on their own shelf.  Rolling Eyes

So you have it now??  Glad to hear that anyway!

Well, hubby has it. It's in his car trunk while he shops.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #502 on: December 23, 2006, 12:43:55 PM »

Stopping by to wish everyone the best during this holiday season.
Justinsmama - sending hugs and prayers your way with your mother.

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #503 on: December 23, 2006, 12:51:56 PM »

who is lorenzo?Merry Christmas.Take it easy and be careful.The partridge was much tastier than the owl.Justice coming,soon.Confess now and beat the judgement rush.Cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #504 on: December 23, 2006, 12:56:11 PM »

Happy Holidays to you too Sleuth!

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #505 on: December 23, 2006, 12:57:00 PM »

Off to the grocery store, be back shortly!

Sleuth - Merry Christmas to you too!
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #506 on: December 23, 2006, 01:00:34 PM »

take the car  Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #507 on: December 23, 2006, 01:07:55 PM »

Afternoon Monkeys, how is everyone today? Feeling festive? Have we heard from Justins today? Was wondering how her Mom is doing?

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #508 on: December 23, 2006, 01:14:43 PM »

Quote from: "blah"
Quote from: "Anna"
The article says it is what former lead investigator Dompig says, blah blah, blah (no pun intended   Very Happy ) so is supposed to be a current quote.

ahhh  ok.  so even though he is former lead investigator, he is still somehow involved

That's not how I took it, blah. My guess is that the Globe or whatever just took info from deVries' show and tried to make it sound more recent.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #509 on: December 23, 2006, 01:16:59 PM »

Hey Justins How are things?

Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #510 on: December 23, 2006, 01:20:09 PM »

Quote from: "robots"

take the car  Cool

She must have hit some traffic, it is taking longer than normal  Wink

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #511 on: December 23, 2006, 01:25:22 PM »

Quote from: "Sleuth"
Quote from: "robots"

take the car  Cool

She must have hit some traffic, it is taking longer than normal  Wink

Laughing  Merry Christmas to you too Sleuth.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #512 on: December 23, 2006, 01:36:03 PM »

Hey, bleached and everyone! Just got back from the hospital. Mother is resting more peacefully. Turns out that at least part of her distress yesterday was that one side of the BIPAP's strap was wrapped around her ear.  Crying or Very sad  She is again off the med to elevate her bp, and she is holding steady with that. Her eyes are clearer today, too. Heart rate has risen again. It was up to 150 bpm. At 144 when I left.  I spoke with her, told her that she is getting better and would be rid of the BIPAP as soon as her lungs clear. Also told her that I wish she could sleep through all of this and awaken recovered and ready to jump out of bed to take on the world. Told her it has only been a few days, and this is all to be expected. Assured her that she would recover, and that I would not mislead her about it. She fell asleep while I was telling her that I am still not smoking.

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #513 on: December 23, 2006, 01:38:15 PM »

Siblings and I all made up.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #514 on: December 23, 2006, 01:46:00 PM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"

I think it sounds like things are going well. You have email.

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #515 on: December 23, 2006, 01:46:14 PM »

Justins~I am so very happy to hear that, for ALL of you!  And, it sounds promising about your Mom's improvement and recovery.  I've been reading and saying many prayers for you and your family.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #516 on: December 23, 2006, 01:57:42 PM »

Bleached~ It has not come through? BTW, will ya tell us about the origin of your monkey name?

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #517 on: December 23, 2006, 01:58:49 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"

I think it sounds like things are going well. You have email.

Sorry I can't get through hotmail....I guess they are to busy. I was going to ask you if they are giving her anything to try to bring that heart rate down? Do you know of anything they are using? The reason I ask is because in someone like your Mom, even though that rate isn't terrible in someone younger, it is difficult for a more aged heart to tolerate. If it is a sinus tachycardia.....maybe just some digoxin?  If the heart rate goes higher 160's
or above may need cardizem IV .  

The reason for this is important, to fast a heart rate not only taxes the heart, at to rapid a rate the heart often beats "ineffectively" which can cause fluid to build up/back up into lungs. While it is not an emergent situation, it is not to be overlooked. Mom's heart rate should be maybe 80's, slightly higher 80-110 maybe due to fever, anxiety , pain......sustained above that needs treatment.

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #518 on: December 23, 2006, 02:01:46 PM »

I know of no med for heart rate. It had been down around 109 bpm, but shot up when they took off the BIPAP to take her for a follow up scan. I'll call the family and have thenm get on it.  She is still febrile at 100.8 degrees.

Appeals
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #519 on: December 23, 2006, 02:05:13 PM »

Quote from: "tcumom"
Quote from: "Carnut"

I know you can make excuses all day long, but I still think it's quite suspicious that the little old lady was down to her last $85 of pennies just to buy Christmas dinner.

Carnut ~ I was thinking she'd been saving all those pennies to use for a special dinner ~ not coming out of her regular income, check, social security......that's what I'd do, and then wouldn't be so worried about the extra expense.  Just a thought.

Sounds like an independent elderly lady's version of a Christmas Club account.  Very Happy

I remember being so broke I had to spend the only thing I had...a $2 bill that I had been trying to hold onto for a collector's item...just to buy a loaf of bread and a little tiny piece of cheddar cheese.  That wasn't too many years ago, and in California, where people in other states thinks everyone is rich!  Too proud for food stamps or government handouts.  The clerk made a somewhat rude remark about it too, as I recall.

Carnut, if you have had an easy life, that's great, but sometimes having it too easy hardens one's heart.  I would rather have a soft heart and memories of things overcome in my life.  JMO.  Of course if your heart was really hard, you would not have spent the afternoon helping a friend.  Laughing

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.