May 15, 2024, 06:17:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sierra Lamar #2 4/21/12 -  (Read 395787 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #280 on: May 23, 2012, 10:47:38 PM »

A Family in Denial

A good read.  IMO

Janet

+++++

Family of Sierra LaMar suspect considered him the good son
Posted:   05/23/2012 05:19:32 PM PDT
Updated:   05/23/2012 05:50:19 PM PDT

<snipped>

Garcia-Torres, 21, is scheduled to be arraigned on a murder charge at 1:30 p.m. Thursday on the fifth floor of San Jose's Hall of Justice. After several hours of interrogation Monday night, authorities seemed no closer to locating the body of the high school freshman who vanished March 16 on her way to her rural school bus stop off Monterey Highway.

<snipped>

http://**/localnews/ci_20694502/family-considered-sierra-lamar-suspect-good-son

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #281 on: May 23, 2012, 11:21:36 PM »

Video at link shows his mother, wife with child, trailer, etc.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8674498

Garcia-Torres to be arraigned Thursday for Sierra LaMar's murder
Updated at 06:05 PM today

::snipping2::
Sierra's sister, Darlene LaMar, says whether the suspect talks or not, he will not control her family. "We can't let him haunt us that way," she said. "We can't give him that power."

Garcia-Torres will be arraigned Thursday afternoon in San Jose on kidnap and murder charges.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #282 on: May 23, 2012, 11:56:22 PM »

http://campbell.patch.com/articles/violent-past-for-accused-sierra-lamar-kidnap-suspect-court-records-reveal

Violent Past for Accused Sierra LaMar Kidnap Suspect, Court Records Reveal
Antolin Garcia-Torres was charged and found guilty of a misdemeanor for resisting arrest, vandalism, felony battery and unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor.
1:50 pm
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #283 on: May 24, 2012, 12:19:09 AM »

By Julia Prodis Sulek and Robert Salonga Mercury Newscontracostatimes.com
Posted:   05/23/2012 05:19:37 PM PDT
May 24, 2012 12:36 AM GMTUpdated:   05/23/2012 05:36:49 PM PDT
His father is in jail, suspected of sexual abuse. His brother died of alcoholism. Antolin Garcia-Torres was
considered to be the good son, the one who was fiercely protective of his family, the one trying to work his
way out of the cramped trailer in Morgan Hill he shared with four others, including his pregnant wife and
 toddler daughter.
They said their brother was born in South County and grew up an outdoorsy adventurer in San Martin,
where as a child he relished in camping, hiking and tracking the critters that inhabited the fields surrounding
town, including lizards and snakes. Lucero Garcia recalled picking him up at elementary school and seeing
 him surrounded by friends.

a lot more
http://**/breaking-news/ci_20694505/family-considered-sierra-lamar-suspect-good-son

BBM  And that right there tells the tale.  Multi-generational sexual abuse.  He learned the behavior from his father, imo.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
dejasade
Scared Monkey

« Reply #284 on: May 24, 2012, 10:56:05 AM »

Situations like this upset me to no end!!  This man is sitting in jail, with ALL of the answers at his fingertips.  He has the power to, at the very least, tell this family where their daughter is.  NO ONE should be THROWN away like trash, or placed somewhere that their family can not go and grieve for them. 
I hope and pray that this 'man' will gather up SOME concious and tell her family where she is.  EVERYONE deserves a proper burial. 

My boyfriend said he'll leave me if i dont stop shopping..... I'll miss that guy.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #285 on: May 24, 2012, 11:20:37 AM »

Garcia-Torres to be arraigned Thursday for Sierra LaMar's murder

MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- There are new details about the criminal past of the kidnapping and murder suspect in the Sierra LaMar case and the time he spent in jail.

Twenty-one-year-old Antolin Garcia-Torres was arrested two days ago for Sierra's murder. While his mother has proclaimed his innocence, Sierra's parents hope he provides some clues as to their daughter's whereabouts.

Before moving to a Morgan Hill trailer park, Garcia-Torres lived with his mother in a rental unit that used to stand in a lot behind a San Martin home. The owner told ABC7 News that sheriff's deputies were frequent visitors.

In 2009, then 18-year-old Garcia-Torres was arrested for having sex with a minor, a teen who is the mother of the couple's 19-month-old child.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8674498#&cmp=twi-kgo-article-8674498
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #286 on: May 24, 2012, 12:35:40 PM »

http://**/localnews/ci_20694505/family-considered-sierra-lamar-suspect-good-son

Posted:   05/23/2012 05:19:37 PM PDT
May 24, 2012 1:32 PM GMTUpdated:   05/24/2012 06:32:59 AM PDT

Garcia Torres grew up partly in the shadow of his brother Benancio, more than eight years his senior.

Benancio Garcia was in and out of jail for most of his teen years, culminating in his deportation to Mexico in 2006. Benancio died in December from complications relatives said were likely from alcohol abuse.

Their father has even more serious problems with the law. He is being held in Santa Clara County Jail on allegations he sexually abused a relative. The sisters declined to say much about him.

With a lost brother and a father who has generally been out of the picture, Lucero Garcia said her two sisters, mother and brother took care of each other at their family home on Llagas Avenue. Even though he wasn't the eldest sibling, he took on the mantel of family protector, a role that led to clashes with the law on at least two occasions.

In 2009, he berated police for rushing into their home while looking for a probationer thought to be staying there, leading to an arrest for obstructing officers and later a vandalism charge after he etched graffiti onto a bench and flooded the toilet in his jail cell. A year later, he was arrested after purportedly punching his sister's boyfriend in a disagreement over living expenses at the home, but no charges were filed.

Garcia Torres' sisters said school never topped his interests, though like a former teacher said, it wasn't for a lack of aptitude. By the time he got to Live Oak High School, his focus was on his job at the Safeway on Tennant Avenue -- the site of his Monday arrest -- where he quickly moved up from bagger to cashier and displayed his well-known gift for gab.

"He loved to talk to customers," Lucero Garcia said.

He married high school sweetheart Francine Sarmiento, with whom he has 19-month-old Emily and another child on the way.

"They took little Emily with them everywhere. He's really good with her," Lucero Garcia said.

His burgeoning family is what drove Garcia Torres to seek other work. He got certification with a job-placement program and was dispatched to work with a San Jose contractor. To get to work, he would routinely drive north, past the area where Sierra was last seen, a fact that did not escape the notice of investigators. He told his mother the day police seized his red Volkswagen Jetta that he swore he never met her, much less kidnapped and killed her.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #287 on: May 24, 2012, 02:25:05 PM »

A Family in Denial

A good read.  IMO

Janet

+++++

<snipped>

Garcia-Torres, 21, is scheduled to be arraigned on a murder charge at 1:30 p.m. Thursday on the fifth floor of San Jose's Hall of Justice. After several hours of interrogation Monday night, authorities seemed no closer to locating the body of the high school freshman who vanished March 16 on her way to her rural school bus stop off Monterey Highway.

<snipped>

Reminder!!

Janet
11:20 AM PT

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #288 on: May 24, 2012, 02:47:44 PM »

What time did Garcia-Torres arrive at his workplace on the morning Sierra went missing?  Did he make an appearance at all?  Does he have an alibi for April 21, 2012?

Janet

+++++

Posted:   05/23/2012 09:47:49 PM PDT
May 24, 2012 4:1 PM GMT
Updated:   05/24/2012 09:01:52 AM PDT

<snipped>

His burgeoning family is what drove Garcia-Torres to seek other work. He got certification with a job-placement program and was dispatched to work with a San Jose contractor. To get to work, he would routinely drive north, past the area where Sierra was last seen, a fact that did not escape the notice of investigators.

<snipped>

http://**/local/ci_20696613/family-sierra-lamar-suspect-considered-him-good-son

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #289 on: May 24, 2012, 03:47:35 PM »

Could the official April 4th/5th San Martin search that took the focus off of the volunteer search in the Moran Hill area have something to do with Garcia-Torres and the area he was raised ... the area of familiarity?

Janet

+++++

The Official Search in San Martin

Thursday search in Sierra LaMar disappearance to focus on San Martin, Gilroy
Posted:   04/04/2012 04:10:21 PM PDT
Updated:   04/05/2012 06:57:21 AM PDT

Another daylong search for evidence in the disappearance of Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar is scheduled for Thursday, according to the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office.

The sheriff's search and rescue unit, including three specially trained dogs and 20 people, will focus on searching in Gilroy and San Martin from 9 a.m. until about 5:30 p.m.

Investigators say it's likely she was abducted.

<snipped>

http://**/crime-courts/ci_20327022/thursday-search-sierra-lamar-disappearance-focus-san-martin

Under Surviellance Since March 28th

Sierra LaMar case: Suspect, 21, faces murder charges
May 23, 2012 | 12:47 pm[/b]

<snipped>

Two days after she disappeared, investigators found her bag with her clothes folded inside. Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith said Tuesday they collected DNA evidence from the items in the bag.

After receiving lab results March 28, detectives identified Garcia-Torres as the suspect, Smith said, and began 24-hour surveillance.

"We needed additional information," Smith said. "We were hoping he would lead us to where Sierra was."

<snipped>

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/05/sierra-lamar-case-suspect-faces-murder-charges.html

Outdoorsy adventurer in San Martin

Posted:   05/23/2012 09:47:49 PM PDT
Updated:   05/24/2012 09:01:52 AM PDT

<snipped>

Sitting inside her Morgan Hill apartment, Lucero Garcia and sister Alondra, 20, insisted their brother was innocent and told a story of a young man who wanted to better his  life for his family in the face of hardship and heartache.

<snipped>

They said their brother grew up an outdoorsy adventurer in San Martin, where as a child he relished in camping, hiking and tracking the critters that inhabited the fields surrounding town.

<snipped>

http://**/local/ci_20696613/family-sierra-lamar-suspect-considered-him-good-son

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #290 on: May 24, 2012, 03:52:36 PM »

Damian Trujillo ‏@newsdamian
In basement of SJ Hall Of Justice awaiting arraignment of suspected Sierra Lamar killer. People outside courtroom wearing Sierra t-shirts.

https://twitter.com/#!/newsdamian
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #291 on: May 24, 2012, 03:54:37 PM »

Karina Rusk ‏@karinanews
Phone service does not work from basement courtroom. Can not tweet updates from court in #FindSierraLaMar. Full reports on ABC7 starting 4.

https://twitter.com/#!/karinanews
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #292 on: May 24, 2012, 03:57:58 PM »

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/DA-to-Charge-Murder-Kidnap-in-Sierra-LaMar-Case-153300035.html

DA to Charge Murder, Kidnap in Sierra LaMar Case
Antolin Garcia-Torres is expected to be charged with murder and kidnap of Sierra LaMar.

By Damian Trujillo and Lisa Fernandez
|  Thursday, May 24, 2012  |  Updated 11:55 AM PDT

Santa Clara County District Attorney Jeff Rosen told NBC Bay Area on Wednesday that he will charge Antolin Garcia-Torres with murder and kidnap at his arraignment Thursday afternoon.

Garcia-Torres, 21, was arrested by Santa Clara County Sheriff's deputies in a Morgan Hill Safeway in connection with the disappearance of Sierra LaMar.

DNA evidence on her belongings, and DNA evidence found in Garcia-Torres' car link the two together, according to Sheriff Laurie Smith. Still, the two did not know each other, Smith added, in what she called a "purely random" attack.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #293 on: May 24, 2012, 04:05:04 PM »

A Family in Denial

A good read.  IMO

Janet

+++++

<snipped>

<snipped>

Reminder!!

Janet
11:20 AM PT

30 minutes to go!!

Is there a link for a live stream of this hearing?

Thanks

Janet
1:00 PM PT

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #294 on: May 24, 2012, 04:09:35 PM »

Not sure but ....

abc7.com LIVE VIDEO
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/livenow?id=7128469

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #295 on: May 24, 2012, 04:36:30 PM »

Garcia-Torres to be arraigned today for Sierra LaMar's murder
Updated at 12:16 PM today

MORGAN HILL, Calif. -- A 21-year old Morgan Hill man who is being charged with the murder of missing teenager Sierra LaMar is set to appear in court this afternoon.

Antolin Garcia-Torres is scheduled to be arraigned at 1:30 p.m. in Santa Clara County Superior Court in San Jose.

<snipped>

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8675449

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #296 on: May 24, 2012, 04:59:08 PM »

abc7newsBayArea ‏@abc7newsBayArea
Sierra LaMar murder suspect Antolin Garcia-Torres’ arraignment was postponed. Next court appearance May 31.

https://twitter.com/#!/abc7newsBayArea
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #297 on: May 24, 2012, 04:59:23 PM »

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Sierra-LaMar-Suspect-Charged-with-Murder-153760455.html

Sierra LaMar Suspect Charged with Murder
Antolin Garcia-Torres is charged with murder and kidnap of Sierra LaMar.
By Damian Trujillo
Thursday, May 24, 2012  |  Updated 1:43 PM PDT

A 21-year-old Morgan Hill man was charged Thursday with the murder and kidnap of Sierra LaMar Thursday afternoon in Santa Clara County Superior Court.

Antolin Garcia-Torres said nothing at the brief arraignment. He was ordered back on May 31, and was referred to the public defender's office.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #298 on: May 24, 2012, 05:01:40 PM »

Eric Rasmussen ‏@Eric_Rasmussen
DA: charge makes Garcia Torres death penalty eligible
https://twitter.com/#!/Eric_Rasmussen
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #299 on: May 24, 2012, 06:30:05 PM »

Thank you so much MuffyBee!  Mods to my rescue always!!!!

That's okay Janet, I think we all were a little off in thinking about Mom's BF.  If not a stranger then he would be the next logical person with a motive!  Whoda thunk a complete stranger in such a small cul-de-sac?  Threw me off too but you and I both know more often than not the person committing these types of crimes are someone close from home!  
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 09:21:20 PM by klaasend » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.